Commiefornians: I have Montana plates where emissions and inspections don't exist...

Commiefornians: I have Montana plates where emissions and inspections don't exist. Can I drive around your state with my straightpiped M5 without going to jail?

Other urls found in this thread:

asktheref.org/Services/CitationsandNoiseViolations/tabid/452/Default.aspx
youtu.be/LaqZNOvltAg
arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

enjoy being pulled over

deserve to have your car ticketed for being tasteless

What're they gonna do? Mail my tickets back to Montana? Hahahahaa

uhh any ticket you get will show up on record in your home state no matter what

youre on their roads you should abide by their rules

Idk I didn't have any issue with my straightpiped 272 cam Evo 8 in San Diego years ago. Mind you that was in '12

>youre on their roads you should abide by their rules
Only if you either live there or register your car there. Otherwise, their rules don't apply (at least for emissions).

>implying cali cops can't ticket out of staters for emissions

You're gonna get straight piped.

If you're a resident, sure. But I've never heard of any state being able to ticket a visitor for emissions.

Do you live in cali? How is it

stay in your redneck shithole, drumpftard

Dont think they will pull you over.

You gotta go back paco

They can't ticket for emissions period

Here in montana the land of the free we can straight pipe all the things because FREEDUM

also i miss this shitbox, but damn was shooting 3 foot long flames hilarious

as well as having no working taillights, no seatbelts or heater. shit was fun to bomb down dirt roads.

I thought cops can impound and crush your car if you get caught with illegal mods

There are no "illegal mods." There are parts that some places will not pass during a smog inspection, and without a valid smog you cannot register the car. Smog requirements have 0 to do with the police.

>There are no "illegal mods."
From what I remember, someone with a car like OP's could get a ticket for exhaust noise, which requires you go to an emissions station for a decibel test.

I could be wrong though, because
>Do you live in cali?
No, I don't.

>tfw live in leafland and drive a rhd import illegal in the US

Can I get in trouble for driving it into burgerland as long as I'm not planning to stay long?

Exhaust noise is just a fix it ticket. Any police officer can write it off, you can just go the the police/sheriff station, doesn't cost any money to get them to do it, just the original $25 ticket. Source: I've received one

I mean, if it still has Canadian plates and you still have a Canadian drivers license you're fine

But what about this?:
asktheref.org/Services/CitationsandNoiseViolations/tabid/452/Default.aspx

>The law requires smog check stations that provide referee functions to perform the test. These Referee Stations will issue certificates of compliance for vehicles when tests of their exhaust systems demonstrate that they emit no more than 95-decibels, under Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) test procedure J1169. Only those vehicles that have received a citation for an exhaust noise violation will be permitted to submit their vehicle for the test.

Technically emissions equipment are under federal law. They can get you for that. The question is will they be dicks enough to do it?
>California
Yes, they will.

>live in california
>drive car with non-CARB headers, no EGR, no cats, no smog equipment whatsoever
>get pulled over while not wearing seatbelt
>"nice car, what motor is in it"
>mfw

cops dont give a fuck as long as youre not driving some civic thats louder than a jumbo jet

>What're they gonna do? Mail my tickets back to Montana? Hahahahaa
There are a lot of things law enforcement and the courts can do but generally do not. For example, in my state, after five or more tickets have gone over 6 months, they can issue a scofflaw status for you. In my state that means the next time you get ticketed, they check and see you are a scofflaw. For parking tickets, that means they boot your car. They rarely tow because the tow truck blocks traffic as well as slows down cars in other lanes. That creates a traffic jam at normal hours. If you are pulled over and are scofflaw, your car is impounded on the spot and towed to impound.

After one year, the tickets can be submitted to the prosecutor. If the city prosecutor wishes, he can then file it with a judge for a bench warrant. Again, it's rare they do that but they can. Bench warrants are still warrants. Now, you know what a warrant does. That thing reaches across state lines. So if you get pulled over in Montana, that warrant appears on their computer. Private prisoner transport vehicles are of course run by for-profit firms contracted with the state governments. The costs will be added to your bill.

Depends. Are you being a fucking prick? If you give cops a reason to pull you over they are technically permitted to smog your car on the spot. If they really want to fuck you they can try to pin you for trying to bypass vehicle registration laws if you're actually a resident of this state.

If you get pulled over out of state they can only get you for federal emissions laws. Even then I doubt it happens ever, and if it did it's probably just a fix-it ticket.

Straight pipes would violate federal emissions laws

They could probably write OP a noise ordinance violation if he is hooning it or it's really obnoxious.

For emissions tho- no.

In Quebec as long it's quiet, not slammed and doesn't smell bad you can do whatever you want once it's registered.
>The province is so poor and corrupted that front plates and regular inspections would bankrupt the the government

> they are technically permitted to smog your car on the spot
Yeah, let me just pull my dyno and sniffer out of the trunk of my cruiser and check the monitors with my scanner. Fucking retard, why do people make up stuff like this?

Spotted this dude on the PCH the other day so you should be fine broski.

I lived in San Diego for 15 years and I've never seen or heard of anyone getting pulled over or fucked with for having modified exhaust/engine mods/etc

The only thing I've ever heard of was a few of my high school buddies getting a fix-it ticket for their tinted brake lights or windows after already breaking another law (red light, stop sign, speeding, etc). Smog check has to be done every two years but you can pass easy as long as you leave your cats in and remember to change your engine map if you have a tuning system.

I live in Atlanta, GA of all places right now and they require a yearly emissions testing so it's not like red states are exempt from any regulations either.

I have never heard of anyone ever being ticketed by a state cop for a federal emissions violation. Do you have any references of that happening for a normal passenger vehicle?

you're already losing more money then they're putting into the country. Fucks should have separated by now.

yes, Californian laws can't touch your car, at least for emissions purposes

Alabama has zero emissions testing. Fucking rules

You may receive a ticket for noise. California does not even recognize Street legal plates on off road style vehicles from Arizona. I'm afraid you have to obay all Cal laws while here. Had a friend with out of state plate receive a ticket for window tint here.

Ya actually they do do this.

youtu.be/LaqZNOvltAg

Pro tip did you get beat running up the touge? Tired of being number 2 behind that rx7? Just drop a dime to the California smog police and watch as they impound his sweet modified ride.

arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm

Alabama also has zero IQ

Sooooo much misinformation in this thread:

To answer OP's question: No. You only have to abide by the laws of the state you registered the vehicle in and have a license in.

For example: In WI you can have digital proof of insurance, in MN you can't. HOWEVER, if you are a WI resident and get pulled over in MN they can ticket you for, but it will get dropped 100% of the time because you don't have to abide by MN laws, just the posted speed limit and traffic signs.

>La Belle province!
Even if its slammed there are ways to get around it as long as your wheels aren't poking above the fender line. Ive even seen people create makeshift fenders with garden trimming and the cops don't care.

You have never been to the people's republic of California have you? When you get a ticket here you have to pay and return here for your day in court. When you do get a ticket for breaking a law here will you return months later repeatedly for your day in court. California straight up won't let some Street legal vehicles from Arizona on the roads here.

Have you never been in California? They can do a visual in the spot and ticket you if they see any parts that aren't smog legal. CHP has been known to set up smog checkpoints and pull over "random" cars for a spot check.

If you have CA residency they will fuck you extra hard. A smog referee inspection is often part of the fix it ticket. They will check literally everything from intake to exhaust for emissions compliance.

In oregon if your car is 25 years old or more it doesn't have to pass deq. Cops just tell me to put a muffler on and have a nice day. I gotta get blow off valves

Take it to a higher court

This. It all depends on what car you drive desu. I haven't had a cop make an issue about my loud non emission compliant American v8. I drive like an ass and the car sees open header cutouts at 4k rpm on city streets. Being an out of stater though you do have bait plates so you may be more prone to being targeted.

How can you be so angry and yet so wrong at the same time?

Enjoy getting a warrant issued, getting arrested in Montana then getting shipped to California in police custody to face the charges.

Fuck off heartbreaker. Go ride a bike somewhere fag.

Only if your car is Cali registered or you are a Cali resident.

If you are a bumblefuck from bumblefuck they can't do shit, there is likely some except like if they can prove the car is in Cali for >180 days per year or something then Cali rules apply (NY does it this way).

>Yolo country
Every time

I believe you mean in oregon you dont have emissions testing period for any car. truly the best state.

unless you live in portland like Id assume you do if youre mentioning deq at all, poor bastard. I didnt even know about it until i was buying my last car there and they starting telling me about how its all checked for emissions or whatever and i told them i dont live in california and tossed the paperwork out.

why would lowering your car be illegal

If you live here and have out of state plates you can get rated on. Also you might get pulled over for the noise.