/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Next Mainline SMT teased for Nintendo Switch:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch - Shin Megami Tensei Switch (Teaser Trailer, In Development)

Participate in the current /smtg/ sings:
collabedit.com/uvwta
pastebin.com/dKLqugTC

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/sBJjhw7f

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
youtube.com/watch?v=s19WaVKdPcw
strawpoll.me/12112874
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Persona >> SMT

The western logo is really ugly.

>Fucked up the Youtube link
My b

I had sleep paralysis last night. Are demons visiting me? Did I get raped by a succubus?

>tfw I have a pentagram drawn on my wall
>tfw I play with tarot cards
>tfw I almost played on a ouija board

we gitengen now

Yeah, I liked how it's was a tie-in of SMT1, Tokyo Revelation and El Seiram, while keeping the atmosphere of DDStory 2 at the same time.

There's a guide in the OP on how to set up the Windows version with Chiitrans. It doesn't offer a perfect translation, but is enough to understand what's going on..

when was the last time brand new demons were added to this series?

IV:A

Also, the demon graphics were damn good in that game, holy shit.

>still copypasting a youtube link via 4chanX in the year 2017

it's apparently set after SMT1 too which is interesting

i read somewhere that thorman was mentioned in the manual

really? did IV also add new demons?

it had some kind of bad designs a lot of recolors, also tittyfrog shikome, but jesus the good ones were excellent and made some great use of the pc98's palette and were genuinely creepy

eh, I think he looks better sort of slumped over resting his head on his hand like the new designs

Yes, it takes place after Tokyo was nuked, but before The Hero returns from the Diamond Realm. Both Thorman and Gouto are mentioned in the manual, and Emi references Steven in the beginning of the game, when she explains how to use a COMP. Also, Louis Cypher is in the game, but he doesn't have a very large role, which is a shame.

does anyone else do all jack runs?

A few, I think. Kuebiko was definitely one that had never been in a megaten before.

First time playing SMT4
Holy christ do I hate the fact that skill slots for both the MC and demons are locked behind app points, which take forever to get.
Why did they think this was a good idea?
Not too big of a fan of MC not being able to equip passive skills either, but considering SMT1/2 MCs didn't have magic at all I'm at least somewhat okay with this.

It might not be the "best" in the series, but it's easily my favorite game.

It's maybe my most replayed of the current crop of 3DS Atlus titles, and I'm just so in love with the setting and music. Plus, the combat speed. Whew. Fantastic shit.

In IVA they're locked behind app points and level progression.

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

why won't she sleep with me? she goes to her own room every time i take a nap.

What's your favorite final dungeon?

no mt2 no vote

i was thinking it would go for a "bonds strengthening in dire times" type of thing - that was the thematic angle of the neutral ending in smt4. jesus what a letdown

>still no Raidou 3
Come on Fatlus.

>dark souls of persona

It's sad that Devil Summoner (whole series, not only Raidou) has some really dedicated fans in Japan, but there aren't enough of them to guarantee decent profit from new games.

dark souls feels like it was inspired by SMT in some ways but I really don't know why

>[YouTube] Nintendo Switch - Shin Megami Tensei Switch (Teaser Trailer, In Development)

Any Atlus events or JP Nintendo directs coming up soon? I can't wait to find out what the 3DS announcement is gonna be

It's going to be a Persona 4 port

what's the difference between smt iv a and persona 4

>However, fusion should be somewhat nerfed. I'm not sure what the ideal fusion system be like, just not as liberal as in IV+Apocalypse.

It could force you to keep the skills that the demon starts out with and you can only fill in their free slots, like P4/DeSu. Devil Survivor even reserved slots for the skills the demon learned by level-up.

sales

Persona 4 is better

just kidding

No Personas

Could be next week's Famitsu.
There is probably going to be at least small interview with Yamai about HD trailer.

Apocalypse has the Hoyman

I'm going to make a world where persona 1 lasts forever...

>game kills asahi off
oh wow I didnt think SMT Apoc would actually do this with all this friendship is magic bullshit and persona tier writing
>krishna shows up and says lol shes alive in the egg senpai

i thought i was actually gonna get a real smt game for a second

Would be cool if only demons with arms could learn moves like Power Punch, and only large demons could learn moves like Earthquake. I think that's a great way of restricting fusion because it makes a lot of sense, too.

why are you kidding, you were right

Raidou 3DS releasing October 2017

Combat in Apocalypse is too good. Boss fights are amazing

>Boss fights are amazing
>HP sponges are amazing
wew

I wish.

>>HP sponges are amazing
You'd prefer having them die in two turns? Sounds like IV is your type of game

>bosses are easy and overstay their welcome
>"n-no you just like short bosses because your bad!!"
wew

You can't kill your friends in P4. At best you can shit on everything you and your friends worked for by going for the accomplice end.

>HP sponges
but SMT is not EO

I don't see how bosses in Apocalypse have too much HP at all. Satan, for example, only has 11k HP, still

>You can't kill your friends in P4.
So? It's fucking stupid in Final anyway.
You don't seriously play these games just because "you can kill your friends lol" do you? I play them to see how one's dedication to a cause can be their downfall, and often that can result in their deaths. Just because you can kill your friends doesn't redeem that shit, and it's such a misunderstood attempt to pander that it makes the game worse if anything.

what is your favorite SMT game

Atlus USA are going to make a world where Persona 5 delays lasts forever...

>I play them to see how one's dedication to a cause can be their downfall

>You don't seriously play these games just because "you can kill your friends lol" do you?

I mean, it's a factor.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to kill Gaston, Nozomi, Chie and Yousuke.

i want to kill asahi for talking to me too much

That'd be neat but it'd disproportionately affect phys skills since magic doesn't get the same sort of variation. Some of the games had restrictions based on the class of skills for inheritance but it's mostly redundant with affinities.

New direct nintendo when?

the eighteenth

Any leaks about the new 3DS game?

I am too impatient. Even if I know it is going to be shit and I will hate Atlus even more

Sahasrara was very elegant.
Kaneko is so good.

When MEGATEN was something
youtube.com/watch?v=s19WaVKdPcw

Megaten was never something

who has that picture of jack frost saying "buy it or i'll kill you"

Nobody plays SMT for the good writing, as there isn't any to be found. They just want the edgy stuff.

Combat in Apocalypse is about the best SMT is gonna get without trying to copy EO or actually getting creative with bosses a la TMS#FE

>actually getting creative with bosses a la TMS#FE
what did it do

imagine being this hipster.

There wasn't a WHOLE lot but becauy

Fucking autosend.

It wasn't a whole lot but they had some cute ideas with bosses summoning adds, supercharging them, or duo fights, or final phases going nuclear.

SMT4 bosses are all 1v1, and Apocalypse did a whiz-bang job with them considering how boring SMT4 was, but I think the next step is going to have to involve experimenting with multiple enemies in a boss fight.

Not that it's mandatory. Apocalypse I think still has room to grow.

Plus, TMS, not having press turn, meant you couldn't blitz any adds down instantly like you would in 4 or 4A, so it may just be the wrong idea for the wrong system.

what about the one where he says buy it or i'll commit suicide

I want to live in a world where cucksona last forever

Well I have good news for you!

Can we all agree Navarre is the best boy?

Who cares IV's cast is dogshit

allight, faggots.
Protips for KMT: I need them

How do I spread the stats?

i disagree

No, but we can agree that smt iv and iva were a really bad joke.

is this from that xbox game

vitality and strength for nakajima
vitality, intellect and strength for yumiko

someone explain the hatred for SMT IV and A. these were my first games in the series and I enjoyed them.

It's from smt imagine, An mmorpg. There used to be an english version, but it's no longer available.

>these were my first games in the series

I haven't been here since SMTVA released in japan

Does everyone hate it now?

Contrarianism, it's the newest game.

What about speed?

>these were my first games in the series
You need to go back

>What about speed?
i think i went through both games with the default speed pretty much

>Contrarianism
Yes in part, but mostly it's the garbage artwork.

you mean the garbage story

Man I wish I could understand japanese

strawpoll.me/12112874

I don't hate the games myself, just think the story could've been better in SMTIV and Apocalypse's story was pure wasted potential.