/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #463

''The ones you left behind'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
vampyr-game.com/
youtu.be/JldhbtTZDRw
youtube.com/watch?v=uJnSjJbNnEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you guys think Brooke is cute?

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Brooke is as cute as this webm

I missed you.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Hnnngggg

I just got back into gaming. Once I've saved some money, I'm buying Oxenfree, Firewatch and Vampyr, whenever it comes out. Skyrim was the last game I really got into before LiS.

What other games do you recommend for Xbox One?

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>Xbox one
You mean that console that has every game on PC?
Just build a PC already, don't you want to see Max and Chloe kiss in 8k?

Don't you want to write at a fifth grade level?

These are the games I've playing lately:
Battlefield 1, Cry of Fear, Manhunt, Outlast, L.A Noire, DiRT Rally.
I'm a filthy casual I know..

But user, I already am. Get on my level warren cuck

Max is #1

user, I'm sorry to say but Kate was the first post

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

>Vampyr

This game is gonna flop so hard.

There's goes the budget for season 2, here we go again with the rushed ending for s02ep05.
Because of FAGGOTS LIKE YOU

I like you very much, Max is #1 user.

You are #1, too!

Where's our Vampyr commercial?

send VAMPYR.ipg pls

t-thanks...

>Vampyr

>vampyr-game.com/

>"The developer wants players to feel the weight of how killing innocent people to survive is the price of being immortal."

>Multiple endings depending on your choices you made

>You have to choose between Eating your lover and all innocent people or Drinking a monkey's blood (sacrifice urself)

got you covered familia

Pricefield is #1

You're welcome! (^ ^)/

Pricefield is number one.

>Get on my level warren cuck
Pfff...

To Warrencucks, I say this: youtu.be/JldhbtTZDRw

The multiple endings works better because vampire mythology is more flexible and not as cliched as time travel stories. The setting and backstory are pretty cool. I had a novelette published with a similar tone. I was thinking about sending it to Dontnod as part of an application for a Game Developer position or just for them to turn into a video game.

>pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=uJnSjJbNnEE
>And there is always a Price

What did he mean by this?

my sides

i have no hope for this game anyway.this gonna flop so hard.i hope it doesn't affect season 2's development though

>yfw Season 2 will be even worse than Episode 5

>I hope season 2 will be good if we cut their budget in half
HOW FUCKING RETARDED CAN YOU BE WARREN, YOU STUPID APE FUCK

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

Swearing usually means won't be having sex with you *gives creepy smile*

Episode 3 stream when?

I don't need any of your stupid reminders. Also turning off the game is not bae ending, so please kindly fuck off
When you stop asking, each time you ask it delays it by 10 days

Where the hell have you been faggot I missed you so much

Whoa. Down, Max. You get one kiss then you're all over me.

>Telling one of our bros to fuck off
He's actually one of us user.

Can't wait to see BASED Nik's epic reactions.

Actually after I saw your beautiful face,I wanted to kiss you again and again

>Still falling for Michel's forced tragedy binary endings bullshit
>Not turning the damn game off

Fucking plebs.

did you guys send this to Eduardo Caplain's and Christian Divine's twitter? also Mychel,but he can also find this from his tumblr account anyway.

this work really deserves some attention.

It is still better than choosing Shit Ain't Logical ending

Bae ending is less idiotic than the other one but it's still shit.

The Bae ending had the biggest thing I wanted from the game (Max and Chloe being alive and together). But fell short of everything else. At least I can think about it, and discuss it here, in a semi-realistic manner since most characters had obvious methods of survival/escape from the storm.

I think the most obvious change for the endings is to have made them equal length. Either give a little photo montage after Max and Chloe drive away, or cut the game the instant Chloe gets shot.
Having one show more and give more closure creates the illusion that it was the right ending...which I highly disagree with.

I hated overall consclucion desu.

Bay ending was the most illogical,forced tragic and moronic one.I couldn't stand it really.

In these binary choices, Bae ending was the most reasonable one and that was their first intention from the start which means it's the only original ending that fits game's plot well.If anything,at least you are seeing Max and Chloe together and realize how much they meant to each other -their smile at the end- But if those french fucks wouldn't be so lazy-ass it could've been better.For example we could've seen Max and Chloe going back to Seattle,knocking Max's house's door Ryan and Vanessa open the door and hug each other etc.

Dork. Did you forget to say Wowzers?

endings' length doesn't matter and doesn't make it canon neither.doesn't make that ending 'awesome' also.

both endings are shit but obviously bay ending was more shit on the bed.
>ignored game's rules and went for Bollywood logic

From a cinematic point of view, the Bay ending was better crafted and more impactful. The Bae ending was a whimper. It just sort of happened.

I know neither ending is canon and that both choices were illogical, and I agree that the Bae ending is better for remaining consistent (In logic and in character behavior).
Still, doesn't stop people from using lengths as some kind of "evidence" to say one was right and good and one was bad. Primarily idiots on YouTube.

Oh please. Do not even mention "it just sort of happened" because that's exactly what the Bay ending was.
A complete 180 of everything in the final few minutes.

cinematic point of view is actually my ass at this point.it clearly was shit on the bed and cliché.

like I said earlier,if adding some various NPCs,some dramatic camera focuses,everybody standing there like moron is adding artistic measure I have nothing to say really.even if that ending was 1 hour lenght I still wouldn't like it if it'd still poorly directed like this

who takes them seriously anyway? LPers,plebbitors are shit-eaters.they don't even know what's going on in-game rather than showing their fake reactions on cam

>Primarily idiots on YouTube.
Most of youtubers missing the point of entire game.They are thinking with plain logic really.They see everything as 'black' and 'white' not 'grey'

>omg TEARS!! IM CRYING YOU SHOULD SEE MY TEARSSSSSS

They had hardly slept that night and then Max tackled her out of nowhere, so the irritation is obviously understandable.

But still, her lack of enthusiasm there disappointed me. The day prior, she's had the outburst in the car. So they must have had their making-up, Chloe apologizing and whatnot, obviously having realized how wrong she had been doing Max and how much she wanted to be with her again, probably beating herself up about it the entire time before they met up again.

So at least after the initial irritation and surprise wore off, it would have been nice if there had been a little more visible and audible appreciation of Max's affection there, instead of just going "you sound high, but thanks for the morning grope", and then "hope you weren't messing around with time".

This is especially disappointing precisely because apart from the couple of text messages, we do not get to see anything of their making-up, and because it comes right after the highly emotional and narratively significant scene in the alternate timeline.

Yes, they also wanted to contrast the conditions of the Chloes, show her typically more "pissed off" mood in the original universe... but that doesn't mean she wouldn't let show that Max hugging her and saying she's so glad she's there makes her happy.

The scene could have been more emotionally and romantically impactful altogether, but even just a little smirk, a lingering hand, a rise in voice or some other little sign of appreciation would have been nice.

There's more scenes that are narratively highly significant, and particularly romantically so, that lack some of that viscerally emotional and outright romantical impact. They are still important and nice scenes, romantical ones, but I really think the lack of a little more sappiness in some of them is a failure that perhaps having a woman on the team could have helped avoid.

She really loves nuzzling Chloe's neck.

I wonder why...

I ain't reading all this, tldr?

3.5/5 of the game is still great. We should focus on that part more than the decidedly terrible last acts. The majority managed to find a balance between sad events but giving enough happy moments to even things out.

Some really tough stuff, but enough brighter moments to keep hope and keep going (One of the biggest lessons of the game, at least for me).

We also know the future for Max & Chloe, and most of the other characters, gets better. So discuss that as well.

The reaction fit Chloe's character. Max's sudden affection was surprising. Price kind of shrugged it off. She was focused on the investigation, as had Max until her consciousness warped into that timeline.

The same reason Max loves nuzzling you, Alice.

She likes Chloe's smell. It's comforting to her. Chloe doesn't mind it either.
She also really loves Chloe.

I still really like this image set. So simple, but the idea of Chloe cleaning her room and improving it makes me smile. Who knows; She may even find stuff she forgot about.

>>enough brighter moments to keep hope and keep going (One of the biggest lessons of the game, at least for me)

>tfw this is the opposite of the ending
>but the ending was planned all along
>ergo everything prior was a cynical attempt to bait you so you could be crushed
>there's no use having hope
>everything's shit
>you have to literally kill everyone to get what you want
>unless you settle for warryn, you get him for free
>(though accepting him is probably accepting suffering anyway)

Don't be sad, Kate. You don't have to kill anyone to have, Alice. Only carrots.

The scenes on the cliff in the Bae ending are at least as powerful, cinematically and otherwise, and in certain regards more so.

I also still maintain that the re-use of Obstacles is actually a plus for the Bae ending, cinematically and narratively.

But yes, the Bay ending is better executed cinematically. There's a bunch of stuff I'd change in the Bae ending cinematic - for a little example, and to to tie in with , it would have more than just that shoulder grab; they would be holding hands as they drive off. A stronger gesture of that bond, hands intertwined.

She does!

Chloe also really loves hugging Max.

But kissing gets her really excited.

tl;dr: Wanted a little more sappy romantical fluff in some scenes. And more visceral emotionality in others.

It does fit her, and the moment. I'm not saying the reaction is completely off. Just that it could be more on-theme, in-character (Chloe obviously wants physicality with Max, craves it and the affection really) and in-spirit with the narrative and emotional gravity of the context. That could happen in an altogether more emotional returning scene, but also just keeping it exactly like it is (which is fitting, especially with "In My Mind" playing), but with a sign of appreciation there.

She was just a little too grumpy for my taste.

Kate's in a pretty good position
>People know she was a victm
>Her father and sisters care about her
>Victoria will become good friends(maybe more) with her
>Max and Chloe will support her when she needs it
>Alice

Assuming dontnod continues the story of max someday in the far future how would the story develop? Prescott conspiracy?

How mad would you be if dontnod would canonize bay ending and we would never see chloe again?

>never see chloe again

I would unzip my dong and wave it in Dontnod office, and then trash the place. Why do you ask?

>Assuming dontnod continues the story of max someday in the far future how would the story develop?
A week of fluffy romantical adventures with Max and Chloe. We play as Chloe and the decisions revolve around the ways in which we make Max's week, culminating in her birthday on Friday.

>How mad would you be if dontnod would canonize bay ending and we would never see chloe again?
That would be the canon of the second season. Doesn't change anything about my choice and ending of the first season.

>Why do you ask?
Pure curiosity user.

Prescott conspiracy. As soon as she learns that they originated the photo, Max goes back in time using the butterfly photo and saves Chloe. It's an easy fix.

Quit being deductive and shit. It's hella lame.

>A week of fluffy romantical adventures with Max and Chloe. We play as Chloe and the decisions revolve around the ways in which we make Max's week, culminating in her birthday on Friday.

Playing from Chloe's perspective sounds interesting.

Would the final tragic binary choice be what present Chloe gets Max for her birthday?

>Quit being deductive and shit

I'm sorry user, that was never my intention.

I don't trust Dontnod to continue their story. They've done enough damage and they've written things into a corner.
Just leave Max and Chloe alone and let the fans take things from there.

Difficult choices like: "What do I wear?", "What kind of gift do I get Max?", "What kind of restaurant do I take her out to the night before?", and "What kind of food do I make/get for the party?"

Pfff. You're just asking the wrong questions.

What do you want to ask me now?

>pic related

>"The ones you left behind" Edition

>Dontnod try to imply Max just abandons a timeline each time she uses her powers
>They're too stupid to realise this ruins their main ending choice
>They try to play the ending as Max being responsible for all these people's deaths
>She can save them or Chloe
>But if she's just jumping into another reality and abandoning the last, then she's not saving anyone.
>She's just saying 'later assholes' and abandoning them all to their fates, and slotting herself in with a different batch of people

>ywn eat a birthday cake made by Chloe.

Can Chloe even cook?

>they've written things into a corner.

How? Max can always change the past.

>Can Chloe even cook?

Joyce baked it.

The questions that come to mind are far too lewd

>It doesn't matter which ending you chose because both happen.

I used to think that but that was just nightmare Max speaking.

My big ones used to be Minecraft, KSP, Portal/Portal 2, and Half Life 2.
My favorites now are The Last of Us, GTA V, and Doom.

Where does pic related come from? It looks to me like atrociousalpaca's tumblr is gone.

Just finished Episode 1, does Chloe get less bitchy/women power/tumblr?

>prescott conspiracy

I think Chloe would be good at cooking and baking. She picked up stuff from her parents, but never really got to use it until she had a Max to feed.
But if it somehow skipped out on her then her mother, and Max's mom, would be glad to bake a cake.

Yes, though not completely. It goes away just enough *and* you learn to love the rest of her just enough that the bitchiness becomes endearing.

Is warren worth it

Warren dies

Anyone else deeply hate and want to kill themselves?

Though i loved reading it because it explained so much, as the story unfolded it strayed too far from the original ambient of the game imo.

I never found her to be bitchy desu.

No.

tell me why you feel this way user

You can't make Max go for him.
At absolute most you can give him a peck on the lips, that then gets erased.
Max's writings, dialogue, etc. is 90% "Chloe Chloe Chloe". So get used to her.
She can be really likable, or at least understandable, as the story progresses.

>Not liking oatmeal
get it together, Price. That stuff is gold with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top. The roman empire used to run on the stuff, and they didn't even get the sugar sprinkle.

This desu, lady prescott was fucking menacing

Still waiting for a good chunk of free time so I can read this.

Goodnight /lisg/.

Sleep well.

Sleep tight

Max Caulfield's secret album

>pic related

The amount of first person exposition took me out of the story. Chloe is not a good narrator. The writer succeeded in capturing her voice, but it was an annoyance.

It's clear Max could turn into a superhero, but the spy stuff was a bit much at a point.

>plays game about young teenage women dealing with sexual assault, domestic violence and non-hetero sexuality
>complains about a feminist character

Please return to hashtag Gamer Gate.

>original ambient of the game

Exactly. It turned into a spy-thriller instead of an indie film.

>I never found her to be bitchy

Same.

I was generally really impressed with all the side characters. Lady Prescott was an amazing villain. Scary as hell. Max killing her and Sean at the end was so satisfying.
The only one I wasn't sold on was the Scottish girl. It seemed like the author just made her Scottish to make her more memorable and it kind of came off as a pointless gimmick.

Yeah, it's kind of a jarring change, but I got into it pretty quickly. The story is good enough that it works on its own merits instead of just as a spin-off, which I think helps.

I don't really have any friends and I'm generally terrible, boring, and awkward. Life is pain.

>I never found her to be bitchy.
She seemed pretty bitchy in episodes 1 and 2, before you understand her background/character/motivations.