Redpill me on the Avars Veeky Forums, where did they come from and where did they go?

Redpill me on the Avars Veeky Forums, where did they come from and where did they go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if europe didnt keep self genociding/demiciding (war inc) itself into the ground the turks would still be at the foothills of the plateua rather than istanbul being a thing

I have often wondered if there is any meaningful connection between the Huns, Avars, and Magyars.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=VcDy8HEg1QY

The Avars got assimilated into the Magyar population in the 9th century.

became hungarians

Avars in the Caucasus are an Iranian peoples, but you seem in interested in the Pannonion Avars.
Their language or languages are unknown and so it's therefore impossible to know their true ethnicity, although they became Slavicised as time went and grew to speak Proto-Slavic.

As a personal guess I imagine a few things. As a Khaganate, they likely had either a Turkic or Mongolic society, and since Turkics were closer, more likely them out of the two possibilities.
Another was that they may be Iranic, and we've seen Iranic groups hold presence in eastern Europe before, and ambitious ones like the Alans made it to France, so there's that.

As to were they went, simply put the (Pannonian) Avars as an ethnicity went nowhere, there an extinct ethnicity. Their children became Slavic, and some of them later became Ugric.

They were from Western Mongolia
And this

>They were from Western Mongolia
Source?

Nomadic horsemen discovered steppes ideal for their economy tucked behind the Carpathians, but they also found a bunch of aryans who had migrated there earlier. They were surrounded by Germanics down the Rhine and living in the mountains and forests so they had to racemix to survive in the long term which is why Hungarian women are the qtiest.

mind sharing the title of the historically themed media that image is from?

>Venice loyal to the ERE

Heh

>Empire that Rome isn't part of called the Roman Empire
>Empire that Rome is a part of not called the Roman Empire

Literally Veeky Forums: The Map. You coulda used a more accurate picture.

Fourth time I see this being posted today, still not unfunny.

>what is New Rome

Fun fact: Constantinople wasn't even renamed to Istanbul till 1923. There was no time during the Ottoman Empire when it was actually called Istanbul.

I think it's pretty funny.

im not allowed to as it is NSFW, but I left a clue for those determined enough

Not Roman, that's what.

Me too, that's why I said "not unfunny"

CK2 fag?

Literally no one knows because no one knows where the avars or the huns came from exactly, as their language was never fully recorded.
No one knows where the avars came from. They kind of disappear from the records after the franks go after them in the late 700's and by then they probably had assimilated into slavic cultures which had been living in the carpathian basin since before they had come to that land. The bulgarian empire and the frankish empire occupied a solid portion of their land until they were pushed out by the maygars. So comments while comments like this one are technically correct, they are huge oversimplifications. The avars were probably not a distinct people by the time the Maygars came around to kill them.

Also, they are not the same thing as caucasian avars (we think) so don't get them confused.

Were the Magyars and Huns of the same ethnicity?

No, almost certainly not. Maygars were from the north (probably) around western siberia, near the komi and khanty. Then, they were conquered by turkic people (probably volga bulgarians) where they gained some turkish loanwords and learned how to live a nomadic lifestyle. Then they conquered down to Crimea before being forced into the Carpathian basin (again, probably).

We don't know anything about where the huns came from but their invasion and general movement implies they probably came from a more eastern homeland, which is backed up by similar names popping up in indian records when talking about the hepthalites (or xionites, it's again not at all clear), who were Modern day Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan.