pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

speedsouls.com/darksouls:Item_Dupe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RIGHT HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS. GET THE FUCK OVER HERE AND PUT YOUR SIGN DOWN, YOU BUNCH OF DUMB GHRUS.

In order to facilitate a fun, fair, NON-competitive PvP environment, the use of meta weapons and tactics, specifically hyperpassivity, while not banned, is heavily discouraged.

The use of ____the Hornet Ring___, however, is banned.

Password is "dsg"
Optimal SL is 120(+5)
Please place your signs in front of the altar where I am standing.

official dsg cotd pc fc tm symbol etc

too lazy today sorry (not really)

Step aside, alpha coming through

>all builds are 40/40 or 40 luck shit

nice diversity

>heavily discouraged
that's working out well isn't it

No problem, I misunderstood.

Also, RIP in pepperoni, Ludwig. You had a beautiful voice.

What is internal resolution of Bloodborne? That shit looks blurry as fuck.

>tfw drake's rules are just the unwritten rules but written

>sorcerors
>meta

>Hornet Ring banned

What a shitty FC. Someone doesn't want to learn to defend their back / play unpredictable to avoid parries.

What is a screenshot from a 360p Youtube video?

>always thought Lloyd's Sword Ring was worthless since you're almost always bound to take damage and getting to full HP requires wasting part of an Estus heal
>realize that the damage boost also extends to bows, and archers will always get loads of arrows off before coming to risk
>further recognize that a Blessed off-hand weapon can slowly regenerate any small chip damage you take, so that you don't need to Estus to get the damage boost back

Made Farron Keep a hell of a lot easier, I tell you hwat.

honestly, hornet ring is so powerful that it sort of trivializes any non BS / parry focused play.

>i must one shot my opponent or there's no reason to use parries or backstabs at all

this is why the skill ring is banned. nobody goes for parries or backstabs if they're not using it. when people do use hornet rings, they only try to parry or BS

I meant in general. There's no way it's running in 1080p and be this blurry.

I always use the sword ring when dealing with those dragons in Lothric since bows always seem like the best way to take them out.

I'm serious. This is a screenshot from a Youtube video.

It runs in 1080p. You probably mistake the chromatic aberration for blur.

hard for me to decide if he's a softy underneath.
difficult to tell if he genuinely cares about Irina or if he's just doing his Carim knight duty.

I've heard you can summon him for Dragonslayer Armor yet I don't think I've ever seen his sign. Not that I'd need his help but I'd like to see him fight.

>greatswords
>not meta
yeah firing blue not-throwing-knives every few seconds doesn't make the cut for "sorceror"
at least aerthas is using the pick

Is a SL 150 allowed ?
I wanted to add points in FTH in order to use warmth, I didn't farm all these shackles for nothing

>shit from photography brought into vidya games
based japs

you wont get downscaled

He's summon-able for at least DSA and Crystal Sage. IIRC the sign is in the plaza before the fog gate.

>honestly, hornet ring is so powerful that it sort of trivializes any non BS / parry focused play.

I can't believe I'm reading this. Parry spammers get backstabbed to oblivion, and backstab fishers are easy to deal with unless you're using an ultra.

> nobody goes for parries or backstabs if they're not using it

It's like you people really want to make PvP all about spacing and R1, removing all other extra depth.

It's not the arena, where people die in one hornet riposte / BS, it's a meta level FC where people are embered.

I won't complain about the issue any further because I'm not even in the same platform as you, but I hate hugbox FCs

He's somewhere in the nearby chapel. If you summon him for that fight, you find his corpse in the cell where Irina was, earning you his equipment.

>awful hosts forcing dumb rules

You say the place, password and just grab signs, that is your only job and no one cares about your opinion

Interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled then next time.

Yeah I've gotten his armor there plenty of times but never once have ever summoned him for anything. Thank you though.

What the fuck is that giant maggot hanging from its mouth?

>strawmemeing

hornetless criticals are still extremely powerful, especially if the opponent is using a high critmod weapon. that's all there is to it.

there's literally one rule retard holy fuck. just don't come to the FC if you want to use your precious hornet ring.

If you don't like the host's rules, don't join his FC. If you insist on ignoring his rules, don't be surprised if he doesn't summon you.

Same shit. Use them the same way.

Of course he won't. The stupid host is over SL 200

>for what happened to Kos, she utters a curse upon the "fiends,"
Again you're wrong. This is just what the inhabitants think.
KOS WAS DEAD. The "curse" derives from the inappropriate use of her blood but has nothing to do with her will.
To defile something you have to abuse it first. Kos was a corpse. Nowhere ingame they talk about defiling Kos.

I may remember things wrong, feel free to provide ingame descriptions to correct me.

Reposting from old thread.

Its part of its second form. The maggot thing sometimes bites and does rapid poison which is pretty much a shit version of bleed.

you replied to the stupid host

i was informing him that he will be at an advantage over everyone else

>mouth
That enemy is headless. It's like the parasitic egg/maggot your character could grow in the first Dark Souls.

Anyone want to tag along and destroy NK? PC pass dsg, signs around the lever if not I'll just kill him alone

That's fucking gross.

What a shame, if you asked that a few days ago...

>Get excited
>See that you're on PC

'Fraid not, I'm on PS4, have fun though

This is getting back into a long-standing argument, but Kos is the one who utters the curse. The one who speaks it has a feminine voice, not matching any voice heard throughout the game. Kos was a god, certainly capable of posthumous cursing. The corpse itself would have been searched with the same, probably greater, fever they did to the villagers. The villager's skulls were certainly defiled, so what would they do to the source rather than a possible container? Her blood source, likely being paleblood, would probably have been used in blood experimentation, likely establishing a base for experimentation and ministration alongside the blood found in the old Labyrinth.
Put yourself in the mindset of a hunter or scholar: this apparent god of untapped potential washes up on shore. Already, you're certain you need eyes to ascend, thanks to a revelation from Master Willem ("Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes. The only choice, he knew, if man were to ever match Their greatness."). So when you find the body itself, shortly after razing the hamlet to the ground, what are you going to do? Search the whole thing, no matter what you have to do. When they found an intact Umbilical Cord inside of it (this is speculation, no one is entirely certain of the origins of the cords, but the division of one into three parts and their locations suggests one third went to Byrgenwerth, one third to the hunters, and one third to the Church), they found it could be used to gain "insight," eyes on the inside that align the brain.
Besides, would you want a bunch of zealous scholars and bloodthirsty hunters plunging into your corpse like a science experiment? You'd curse them, too.

>tfw cant have 5 madmen phantoms in co-op

why live.

i'd love to raid a big boss, like ancient wyvern or something, and have people with greatbows shooting at it while meleefags attack ankles

Welp, got him and his stupid bird down.

In dark souls 1, is there a way to farm souls fast for levels? I think I am a bit behind the level I need to be for where Im at. And I want to get through the game fairly quickly. I am level 39 in the duke's archives. Also I am a sorcerer, and have 45 int. So idk what to level it on.

dupe boss souls

Gonna play das1 for the first time on steam, wut mods and addons and shit should I use? Is there a 60fps fix? I've heard there's stuff that makes it easier to connect to other players?

Farm the Forest Clan at Darkroot Garden.

>hornetless criticals are still extremely powerful, especially if the opponent is using a high critmod weapon. that's all there is to it.

I wasn't strawmanning, it seemed like you people wanted to remove criticals from the equation going from the message I quoted.

I was mostly surprised because I don't think critical fishing is meta in any way, except in invasions, most meta shitters use curved swords and such weapons and they don't even use the hornet ring because they just space r1 their way to victory instead of actually achieving criticals. The only time I see them fishing for crits is when they face ultra weapons, where they turtle with a shield and strafe BS, which is something I hate because From should have made the ultra weapons demolish shields but they're completely impotent against them, with fast weapons being much more effective at breaking them which is backwards.

Good luck with your FC user.

Watchdogs, DSFix, DMfix.

DSFix, PvPwatchdog, DSCM, check the pastebins for more.

is there a way to do this without a cheat engine like in demon's souls?

speedsouls.com/darksouls:Item_Dupe
Who said anything about CE?

got any boss souls in your inventory?

go near a bonfire

roll

during the height of the roll animation use your boss soul

hit the pause menu before the roll animation finishes

then use an estus from the pause menu

if done correctly, you will get a confirmation message when you try to consume the estus asking if you'd like to consume the boss soul, hit yes.

if done incorrectly, you simply drink an estus after the pause menu closes

this also works with fire keeper souls, providing an infinite source of humanity for multiplayer and what not.

see

GAME DIFFICULTY RANKINGS OUT OF 10, RELATIVE TO THE REST OF THE SERIES

Demon's Souls- 2

Dark Souls- 4

Dark Souls 2- 6

Bloodborne- 3

Dark Souls 3- 9

good one

unless 10 means easy and 1 means hard, this list is retarded

>great ones
>talking
This is gold.

Kos was already dead when her corpse came ashore near the hamlet. Even if she still had a consciense after death, which I don't think it's the case, why the fuck would she ever care about insignificant, for her, stuff like what the choir or church were doing?

From what I gathered Kos' corpse coming ashore was the event that started it all. At least for the new Yharnam civilization. This means that Byrgenwerth still didn't know shit about the great ones or the need of eyes on the inside at this time. But I might be wrong about this one, maybe they found the catacombs first, I can't remember.

I don't know why you keep responding with unrelated stuff.

>Dark Souls- 4
>Dark Souls 2- 6
I'd say Dark Souls' atrocious controls make it a 10.
DaS2 is a walk in the park compared to that abomination.

(you)

Hardest to easiest

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls is the easiest game in the series, only like 3 bosses are somewhat hard in the entire game, and the only levels that are hard are Shrine of Storms if you do it early and the second part of Valley of Defilement. The game is very good though, I love it.

They already discovered knowledge of the Great Ones through the exploration of the tombs, given the description of Tomb Prospector attire. Kos cared about what happened because a bunch of hunters and scholars were destroying her earthly remains, along with the destruction of the hamlet. Think of it similar to how certain gods in mythology would take revenge for the misuse of something related to that god.
We've reached that point in the argument where the original intention is lost in a haze of confusion and misunderstanding on both sides. Hell, we should have taken this to bbg, people here are probably getting sick of us. The guy who wanted to know about the backstory for ToH, I assume he went away satisfied. We should really quit this, we're just running in circles.

Anyone excited for the possibility of new ranged weapons?

I hope we get a bow or crossbow that's as good as the milwood greatbow is relative to the other choices.

Oh, forgot this one, Great Ones are capable of "speech" in their own way, their utterings are transcribed as runes, as related to
>great ones
>talking

Makes sense, but you do know that all Dark Souls fanboys will murder you for suggesting that their favorite game isn't the hardest?

No, I'm still here. Trying to follow the argument while watching a silent let's play of the DLC.

You played the games sequentially and haven't replayed older ones. Demon's Souls is very easy to break, Bloodborne is trivialized by getting a large health pool (Level up VIT and STR and let Ludwig's Holy Blade carry you through the game like a kite). Dark Souls 3 has the largest number of challenging bosses (Sulyvahn, Nameless King, Twin Princes, even bosses like Dancer or Dragonslayer Armor by the standards of earlier games), and several areas that are a bit of a pain in the ass (Irrithyll, the way up the Cathedral of the Deep that has three thralls hanging down by every fucking item).

Old Souls games weren't hard, they were just laden with beginners traps and they had little handholding. Most players didn't know how to invest stats, so they ignored vitality or weapon scaling and just leveled up whatever they needed to use whatever cool weapons they pick up.

I want my dual crossbow, or even better, a crossbow combined with a bow

>a crossbow combined with a bow
Why would that be a thing?

>Kos cared about what happened because a bunch of hunters and scholars were destroying her earthly remains, along with the destruction of the hamlet. Think of it similar to how certain gods in mythology would take revenge for the misuse of something related to that god.
Yeah but where do you get this from?
Exactly, meaning that wasn't Kos voice.

>DaS2
>hard outside of two or three mob areas and the DLCs
Brah, as much as I like DaS2, most of the bosses were a fucking joke, you could first-try almost all of them with little to no forewarning.

Why not ?

>people forgetting that difficulty means different things based on which games you've played before

sure whatever

>Most players didn't know how to invest stats, so they ignored vitality or weapon scaling and just leveled up whatever they needed to use whatever cool weapons they pick up.
N-no...

No adaptability Smelter Demon is unironically the hardest base game boss in the series. Do you remember trying to beat Ruin Sentinels without a shield? Or Mytha without lighting the windmill? Darklurker? Ancient Dragon?

I agree that the bosses are easy, but I had trouble with some like Lost Sinner (pre nerf) and Smelter Demon. And the areas are pretty hard with all the enemies the game throws at you.

I'm getting it from the curse she utters, that the hunters and scholars must have done something to her and the hamlet that warranted a curse. It would have had to be Kos' voice as it's highly unlikely it's any other character in the game, and our enlightenment experience from being grabbed by an Amygdala, a Great One, allowed us to understand the full language of a Great One (that part is speculation, but it's as best as I can figure). Who else would it be, Maria? Unlikely, she would have been among the "fiends" on the hunt and their voices don't match (Maria has a softer voice and accent). A villager from the hamlet itself? That's possible, I would buy that.

I HATE THE IRON KEEP
And the Amana Shrine. Areas filled with ranged attackers are hell.

actually my first souls game was 3 when I received it as a gift for my birthday when it came out

i've spent the last few months collecting and playing all of the others newest to oldest except for memeon's souls, which I have yet to play

sotfs is by far the hardest with the fewest amount of cheeses in the entire series and objectively the most amount of cheap bullshit NPC-wise. most of the bosses weren't very hard, but the regular enemy encounters were unbelieveably overtuned

bloodborne has an immense learning curve, but pretty much every boss in the game has some uber-specific weakness to a particular type of weapon, item, or tactic

das1 is arguably the middle of the road when it comes to difficulty. not the hardest, not the easiest. purely balanced.

das3 is easier than it is hard. greatshields will completely trivialize anything, as well any build remotely resembling quality builds.

Any PS4 fight clubs?

Shrine is just hard because it's annoying though, not because it's actually difficult.

If you level up correctly Dark Souls 1 and Demon's are jokes. If you go back and replay them they really aren't difficult. Think of all the people stuck at O&S with +5 weapons, or the magicians who didn't rescue Big Hat Logan or cut off Seathe's tail, the middle schoolers who decided to make a hoplitae templar and dumped stats in faith with under twenty vitality. Those are the people who swear the game was the hardest ever made. Dark Souls 3 can be trivialized with bleed, but it's harder to trivialize than the games that come before it.

How to make bows interesting and more viable to use in ds3 ?

Is this still going?
I was at the gym getting SUPA SWOLE and only got home now.

less stamina, better scaling, bigger magazines.

>no meta allowed
>pyro spamming faggot

No, don't go

Post dark souls butts.

Exploding Arrows

Sure is.

Bit slow with the signs tonight though.

I've never played DS2 in a way where I couldn't one-shot all of the alonne knights. The only time I've had trouble was killing the two sniper captains outside of the smelter demon.

Do people go to the iron keep before lost sinner or something, and that's why they have trouble with it?

>sotfs is by far the hardest with the fewest amount of cheeses in the entire series and objectively the most amount of cheap bullshit NPC-wise. most of the bosses weren't very hard, but the regular enemy encounters were unbelieveably overtuned
ds2 have infinite lifegems and outstanding amount of cheese options, the fuck you're talking about
at no point of the game i was ever threatened by anything, enemies are slow and predictable as shit, if you just bait their attacks and get outside of their attack range you can safely punish everything, and a bow of any kind breaks the game into oblivion
it doesn't even have an assholish jumps and treacherous narrow paths over the pits first dark soul had which added a few bullshit death moments as well

Annoying and hard go along together.
I gave up on Dark Souls 2 several times, and it was always in areas or bosses that were hard and/or annoying.
The Iron Keep, the Smelter Demon, the Shrine of Amana...

In Dark Souls 3, I even totally gave up at the two bosses in the Painting of Ariandel. I died, got completely discouraged at the idea of fighting two people at once, and haven't touched it since.

The problem is about figuring out what the safe spots are so that you can fight the melee knights without taking a giant suppository up your ass. I lost count of how many time I got so focused on a knight that I got exposed, and took an umbrella in the face and fell in the lava.

Someone come kill manus with me
sl 54
id 0110000106582132 for dcsm

Don't forget that most of those players were PC players who had never played a third person platformer before, so all the RPG mechanics/eploration/stats optimization was lost on them.

Dark Souls isn't even the hardest From game, much less one of the harder games out there.