Scion tc

What are your thoughts in the 2012 Scion tC as a daily? Appearance aside please.

Every fuccboi has one. A Toyota Corolla with two doors and a ricer appearance. A bit on the heavy side too for being a simple FWD coupe.

Its a slow appliance.

Does it have the reliability of a corolla?

Two words, OP

Discontinued shit.

2015 Nissan Versa is more reliable and cheaper.

Without going with pretentious
>muh fast car aesthetics
route. It would also have four doors and your girl won't think you're a try hard.

>2 door corolla, the celica successor
>Discontinued
>cheap interior (unless late model)
>fwd

yes. the engine is from a Camry. While it shares the basic floorpan with the Corolla, it gets a double wishbone IRS while the Corolla makes do with a twist beam rear axle

A Versa is also shit to drive, slower, less reliable, uglier, and only bought by complete morons.
I'm speaking from experience. I considered a Versa at one point. I drove all 3 transmissions (the 5 speed manual, the 4 speed automatic and the CVT) and there was not a single one that was even decent to drive. You have to be a burger and a milkshake short of a McDonalds fat ass meal to buy one.

Wtf was scion?
Was scion irl?
Just feels like bad dream.
Awake now.
Relief .

They're dead reliable and pretty fun to drive for an econobox. If you like it, get it

Just get a civic for 3k. No need to spend 10-12k on an econobox.

They're okay cars, I guess. But if you want a daily, why bother with a coupe? I'd get something a little more practical like a 5-door hatchback.

>Scion Xa, Xb, Xd
>Toyota Yaris, Matrix
>Honda Fit
>Mazda 3
>Nissan Versa Note
>Ford Fiesta, Focus
>Chevy Sonic

All these cars can be found for a great price on the used market. All of them would make a pretty good practical DD, but some of them even have performance variants that could be a little fun.

Very reliable (better than normal Toyota reliability) . Very practical. Looks cool. Chassis is not that rigid. But good for a young person or someone who wants to put lots of miles. without putting a lot of money. Or when you want to move stuff.

I have a 2014.
Ain't bad, a lot of room for shit.
I even hauled a gun safe in one.

>I'd get something a little more practical like a 5-door hatchback.
That's why you only attract men.

>Insinuating I'm not already married with a baby on the way and have higher priorities than "RWD master race! Bro! Gutted Drift-Missile FTW!"

Jesus, the kids these days...

Get a ford fiesta ST instead and you might actually win a race

>not raising your kids in a seven seat monstrosity
>not carrying around more meme parenting equipment than your parents could have ever dreamed of, including three DVD players and twenty backup DVDs of disney movies in case the one built into your car fails, and an iPad

You need a crossover bro, or your kids might grow up with a basic understanding of adversity and vote republican

>marries a man and adopts a baby
Pedo confirmed

I'm probably gonna get a Mazda5, and swap a MazdaSpeed3 engine. It'll be a a lot of fun.

Lol. You're cute.

>Lol. You're cute.
Stay away, gay

I'm all three of those things!

>muh fwd is superior bc i have beaten le memevette in a parking lot full of cones with my autismospeed 3
>xd

>less reliable

Have you broken apart Nissans for years and know how they design things? Have you broken apart Toyotas for a living like I have and understand how they design things?

A Versa does the same thing the TC will ever do and in a more elegant and non-flamboyant way. The TC is just a fuccboi Corolla with two doors and offers no more reliability or function (perhaps even less utility you could argue) than the Versa sedan.

>not decent to drive
It's subjective mate and there isn't much difference between that and the Versa both being FWD and similar gearboxes anyway.

>uglier
subjective taste

>slower
I'll give you that but it has to do with price like I mentioned

>Have you broken apart Nissans for years and know how they design things? Have you broken apart Toyotas for a living like I have and understand how they design things?
Yes I have. Nissan engines and suspensions are fine. The electrics and the transmissions are not
>A Versa does the same thing the TC will ever do and in a more elegant and non-flamboyant way. The TC is just a fuccboi Corolla with two doors and offers no more reliability or function (perhaps even less utility you could argue) than the Versa sedan.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you argued a Sentra, I could kinda of agree. Heres a tip for the braindead like you:
The Versa competes with the Yaris, not the Corolla/TC
For a Nissan competitor to the Corolla/TC, you go to the Sentra, which is better than the Versa, but not the Corolla/TC
>It's subjective mate and there isn't much difference between that and the Versa both being FWD and similar gearboxes anyway.
they are not similar. They have similar orientations and that's it. Nothing else in Common. The tC is SO much nicer to drive, it's not even funny.
>subjective taste
fair enough
>I'll give you that but it has to do with price like I mentioned
It does and it doesn't. The Versa is cheaper and slower. BUT THEY DON"T COMPETE YOU DUMBASS.

Look. If we were talking about a first gen Scion tC (2005-2010), then I would whole-heartedly agree with you that the Versa is better.
However. We are talking about a second generation tC (2011-2016), and that is a COMPLETELY different beast. The oil chugging 2.4L was killed in favor of a perfectly fine 2.5L.

I drove both generations of tC and all variations of the Versa within a few days of each other. At the end of the drive with any of the Versas, I wanted to light a torch and set them on fire for being an affront to modern engineering. I did genuinely enjoy the second gen tC. It's a great car.

I have one
As long as you are honest with yourself at the fact that it's a 2 door camry with try hard styling you won't be dissapointed. It's reliable and fun. Especially as a daily, I feel it's a decent balance between fun and commuter tool.
If you have money and want something more fun I'd suggest the frs/brz/86 instead.

When have I ever said any drivetrain configuration is superior to another?

>Electrics and transmissions are not
What lol. For their respective spots in the auto industry they are similar.

>Versa isn't as good as the Sentra
Well not shit bro. That's why I said it is cheaper than the TC but even better because it has more utility than the two-door fuccboi rice Toyota car.

>Not similar
Yes they are though? They both function as econobox cars with the Versa being significantly cheaper but serve the same purpose. Albeit without the fancy exterior rice aesthetics. They are the same FWD, automatic or whatever meant to be a beater car for youth and college aged adults that want a reliable car.

>They don't compete
Yes they do. OP was asking about the TC, I suggested a Versa which does the same thing at a way lower price point with decent aesthetics and four doors.

>First gen/second gen
It's still the same shit underneath all the rice skin.

I broke apart both cars in my job as a Nissan technician as well as a Toyota/Lexus technician. Both are very similar underneath and the underlying technology is the same Japan tin foil unibody. If anything, the Toyota are more prone to software/electronics nonsense than Nissan. Versa just makes sense as its way cheaper for the same econobox purpose OP might need from the TC.

>muh fast car, muh luxury and better TC
It's an econobox. A discontinued econobox at that. Even when you put a rice body kit on it and delete a door. At the end of the day its a fancy Corolla no matter what. So a Versa would be a good candidate at a cheaper price point for a similar car.

Good car except for the ugly interior. Doesn't match the straight edge exterior at all and looks like ass.

Also the tacky 90s geometric pattern upholstery serves as a stark reminder to showcase just how utterly inept and out of touch the Scion higher ups were with their target demographic.

i like it more than the brz desu