/lidg/ - Let it Die General

Grim Adventure Edition

Last Season: >How do I unlock\find______?
i.imgur.com/GQrXGRU.gif

>FAQs (How do I unlock more fighter types? Where can I find X materials?)
letitdiethegame.com/support.html
pastebin.com/kk1y8VHR

>Materials/Resources
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15TK7mzbxeZ-lAZMvwt-TTdKedgAMVe4c2CEva3Yv2kE/

>The very pretty and 'fixed' sheet of class' stats
i.imgur.com/BVA3BWK.png

>Current rotation
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F1FZaurCKcOm5ucUEBjSEAe2gYEX9nL89sBmC_VgmdfNA%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing

>TDM Team
California, get your dev raids while you still can

>Official Veeky Forums PS4 Community
Search - LET IT DIE General -lidg-

[AT THE MOMENT ALL "KILL EVERYTHING" QUESTS ARE BUGGED]
So are various other quests, including but not limited to brainshroom and fish gathering, Reversal Tuber mk1 killing, and killing enemies with lightning weapons.

I get that you're basically just trying to think of changes that would make people mad, but you could at least work a few things in there that would help the game overall AND make people mad, like
>dev raids removed
>fight points gained normalized by your population in relation to the opponents' - ie a california player would need to win 40 times to get full rewards and would thus probably lose all fights since not many people would do that much
>Stingshrooms make boss AI more aggressive/effective
>Jackals gain effect of mushrooms you use, but can see through transparungus and are immune to the negative effects such as stingshroom's defense debuff or teargas/sleep
>Guardshroom/Slowmungus/Transparungus put a debuff on you after their base duration (so no stacking duration) making you unable to benefit from any mushrooms for 2 minutes
>Bosses can hear like COEN
>Final form weapons fixed and balanced, but stat requirements shot up through the roof so as to require a discount decal or a specialized class to use them.

What are dev raids ?
Sorry for this stupid question.

Dev stream tomorrow. Update in 2 weeks, probably.

Daily reminder there is no reason to pick Strikers. The two best classes are Attacker and shooter.

So shooter over Striker for climbing?

Your changes are just as bad as his

How's Cali treatin you

Yes. Shooter does more damage than striker with Dex based melee weapons like Katana and Iron. The two best melee weapons in the game.

Only the first two and last one have any merit.

The first one also introduces a problem with it. A good fix should not introduce problems.

Wait I forgot. I think Iron is luck not Dex.

P good, won 10 DMs off shitters this week, about to win 2 more from NY shitters

Yeah they're kinda half-assed stupid ideas pushed out with the main intent being just to annoy people, but at least push forward some sort of 'health' of the game.

Removing dev raids I don't really see being much of an issue though, so please elaborate on that one.

As for the second one, that is a stupid idea that largely invalidates any personal effort invested into fights, making them feel awful, but at least solves the population issue California represents - you'd need a certain amount of population to get into a fight, but having an overbearing amount would be bad. I'd like to think of a better solution to fights, but the system itself is kind of fucked and overly encourages population stacking anyways.

Dev raids will most likely fix themselves when Japan enters the fray, but fights will still be a problem.

>iron
>dex
are you retarded?

What floor is the jin die I need to kill to get to the last boss? Floor 30's

They're like the dev haters, it'd an AI. Itso a raid but an AI's base, and it gives 40k+ of each resource

Does the moving shop sell reversal metal? And if so how much does it cost?

ye, for 50k

Yes it sells everything you need to make things and it also sells all blueprints (except swag items)

Retard

I think the population situation will solve itself after the japs join in. I'm sure they will have their own super city so it will be a Cali Vs Whatever shitfest.

Or you know just force the players to pick a local team.

>Or you know just force the players to pick a local team.

This thread is full of shit ideas, isnt it?

Is there anyway to see how many fight points net you what rewards? I can't seem to find anything about from Tetsuo.

Thing is, that's only a solution if you think the extent of the problem is: California never loses.

When in reality the whole system is broken because of California. My region has never even been in a fight. My knowledge of how they work is just from people posting here. They need some way of actually regulating populations, or to just get rid of most regions and condense them into continents - and use the region of your PSN account to restrict you to yours - which would still lead to massive loser continents. Africa would be the region that just doesn't get any fights, and Europe would just lose all of their's.

I feel like Freedom Wars had this same problem, but I never actually played it when it was new so I'm not really sure.

Well the problem removing devraids is that devraids act as a bandaid for the high risk, low reward that comes with the TDM. If you remove devraids, then something has to be introduced such as "When you raid, you raid 80 percent of the current banks of the players, but players now only lose 5 percent of what was stolen." This isn't what I'd use this is just an example.

If there was a REASON to actually have bigger banks, then this would be fine. Keep in mind, this is less of an issue at lower ranks because people at least keep enough KC and Splithium that raids are still worth the risk. At higher ranks though players constantly hover below the 1k stuff line, making those raids more or less pointless endeavors if you're looking for profit.

Devraids bandaid this issue by giving you a reward. Devraids being removed IS ideal, but if that's going to be done, making normal raids better options is the real way to go. Basically, make the game fun, not tedious and frustrating.

As for the second one, I said that the idea had merit, not that it was perfect. Having it be population dependent does help the smaller teams actually have a fighting chance. Fight Points should be a little more varied and complicated in how they're divvied up. Style should count for some of it. Goretastics, doing it naked with no weapons or spamming yoga shrooms in the enemy's waiting room. Having it be "the bigger team wins" just isn't fun or engaging however and just as much invalidates personal effort invested.

Remove regions and let us make our own clabs god damn it.

>California should just have a button that fills my KC/SP bank on demand

I don't feel like dev raids are necessary - I've never seen a single one - but I definitely get where you're coming from with risk/reward when it comes to TDM and agree. I mean, the alternative to never seeing a dev raid is just pretending TDM doesn't exist - I don't raid, I don't defend, the only impact it has on me is that I need to hoard non-raidable resources and keep my KC low.

Upping player rewards and beefing defense up massively seems like the easiest way to go - that way if you invest you can juts keep your KC and be confident about it, but someone can swoop in and take it if they want to take the risk of dealing with an actual intimidating defense - making that groggy resist decal actually invalidate brainshrooms/evershrooms would be a start, but not enough - maybe add shit like additional screamers, traps, animals, tubers, shields for your banks - basically just a whole host of shit that could be limited by a point total in addition to your defenders.

Regarding your point about the fights being population based, that kinda loops back into the issue with hunters as well - right now geared hunters don't really offer the sender better rewards, and they don't give the killer any better rewards than a naked hunter - it's retarded. In the same sense, there should be some bonus that goes along with dealing with a real defense as opposed to just effortlessly strolling up to the bank and fucking it to death. Capturing was probably intended for this, but it offers the kidnapper fucking nohting but a headache.

If you spent a few seconds thinking of something other than your butthurt for california has a good explanation why being locked to your local region would be a terrible idea.

How difficult is the "Skip COEN" route in comparison to fighting COEN himself? Any nasty surprises in that 5 Room gauntlet?

Adding to that, is a regular Death Burner and Shrooms enough to melt Floor 34 COEN?

Believe me man, I get it, I just like annoying people in California. I legit do not have a good way of fixing the system, and most my ideas generally just pan out to 'make people in California just as bad off as everyone else' rather than actually elevating everyone to a good position and making the system good.

I don't like population stacking, but others are right when they say that any fix to it should be accompanied by a system overhaul that actually gives incentive to everyone to more evenly spread out, rather than just penalizing California for population stacking in the first place.

You arent annoying anyone, people are still getting their free rewards. But yeah, you are butthurt.

>most my ideas generally just pan out to 'make people in California just as bad off as everyone else' rather than actually elevating everyone to a good position and making the system good.

And yet you ceaselessly reply and seem to think the system is great as-is since it benefits you, even quoting me for a 'gosh you're so stupid' attempt.

I know I'm painting you in ways you haven't really indicated, but it's hard to think otherwise when you absolutely refuse to even engage in discussion about the issue.

I got the coen skip rather easy with a few screamers, tubers and climbing. I wouldnt fight coen with a 4 star fighter, and I used the death burner (with stings and slowshrooms) and killed him in like 7-13 hits.

How do i stop getting my asshole pounded in raids? Is the only option to climb til i get 5 star fighters and grind out a freezer full of them?

5 star fighters make literally everything easier. You go from 2,000 to 10,000 health and boi do you pack a punch.

>Dev haters
This. THIS is the F2P try to fuck you out of your money bullshit. That is the reason haters stay at your level regardless of your floor and no other reason.

I farmed about 8 brain mushrooms from expeditions, I think I can take on a few of these "dev" haters

Thanks, dude. Will wait for that rotation.

even when you dont have access to brain mushrooms, you still have TEAR/frog mushrooms which will provide you with an opening that will kill them with one weapon combo

get good

remember when black phantoms in demon's souls were just a part of the level and everyone took them for granted?

Anyone got that webm of the insurance girl doing a little dance and the camera pans up and down?

Should've saved it when I saw it, thanks in advance.

I dont offer any ideas to fix this shit because simply put the system cant be fixed. The raiding mechanics in this game are so halfassed. That includes attacking and defending and fights and pretty much everything in between. The system would have been better off not existing at all

Making things bad for california like everyone else wouldnt matter, because the damage has already been done. Please do go on though

Wow, inspiring. You should design games for a living.

Where did you find the splatter 13 pants bp? I would just buy it outright from the shop but the 20s don't sell bps. I swear, I tried the 22f, 26f boss farm, and 27f treasure farm and the only thing I got that was for rare bps is the ugly clay set. Are the bps available in the 35-40f?

21-30 it tends to be a rare drop

No thanks, i'll be dev raiding :^)

I just got all 3 pieces of that set going from Kanie to Shinko-Bashi

That will only last you 1, maybe 2 dev raids. Go for evershrooms.

Devraids aren't necessary, which is why I made mention of it being a bandaid. The underlying system is the necessity, but it's busted and in dire need of repair. I really like the idea of the TDM and so it's hard for me to ignore it as a function. I like the idea of teams, building up hate and rivalries. It's good stuff. It just needs the mechanics to back up what they're trying to sell. Devraids as they are right now kinda give you a taste of the ideal TDM experience. Not a whole lot, but it's a nice glimpse of what could be.

Making the TDM defense side have different arenas and more of a Tower Defense mini game would be fucking amazing.

>hunters

Now this is a system that could easily be fixed by just making Hunters money and splithium pinatas with an increasing multiplier based off the amount of equipment the Hunter is wearing.

Expeditions need to be revamped in general too though. SO many things in this game need touching up.

Do you have to fight U-10 on this rotation or is the way locked?

You know, oddly enough even if I had access to dev raids like Cali players, I probably wouldn't do them. My particular brand of autism requires me to be learning something or making some sort of conclusion while I'm doing repetitive bullshit, and there's nothing to be gleaned from devraids, just endless rewards for no effort. I guess I could more quickly accrue KC to test stew probabilities, but I like to multitask.

Which is also why I'm here shitposting, or in some cases discussing the game's design/possible development going forward.

Yeah, it seems like devraids are what the developers expected rewards to be like at their particular grade, but the extreme ease of taking out defenders, mixed with the risk of even having defenders means just nobody will ever hold money.

And while devraids simulate what they thought rewards should be, due to the above failings they also do more to force people into population stacking in order to get any reward from the system at all. But devraids remove the rivalry/hate mechanic, and population stacking removes any meaning rivalry/hate actually held, it's just kind of a vicious spiral of failure all predicated on the actual action of raiding being a joke.

Still, the system itself has potential if they can just re-do the raiding part.

Devraids are really more of a concern for this particular thread and I suppose the let it die subreddit than the bulk of players. Not many people have reached the point where they'll see Dev Haters, so I still maintain that they're a bandaid and symptom of the shitshow that is the TDM rather than an active contributing issue. So they don't really 'remove' anything I think. The population stacking is due to the frequency of fights Cali gets into. The death medals is the more valuable prize after all than Dev Raids.

But I agree, the system has merit. Hell, all of the ideas has merit and I think they're easier salvaged than discarded considering the investment already put in the game. It's just a question of how much support will they truly give the game. I can't imagine them leaving it the way it is intentionally.

What they should do, to tie in with the post apocalyptic themes, is make a few big factions after some event that destroys the current ones.

Haven't played a lot of games with a faction for every one of the fifty states, Armored Core 5 was one and while I didn't play it enough to get a feel for it I'd imagine it worked somewhat similarly. If they're going for individual pride just let people make their own clans, which would probably just make things worse.

How do i kill Coen on floor 40? Also are any of the other bosses on 40 annoying as him?

>where they'll see Dev Haters

Whoops, misspoke, meant to say Dev Raids here.

strangest glitch i just had happen when i was farming reds off goto9 he died and dropped the red metal but then kept living and attacking and spawning skeletons the gate could be opened so i got the hell out of there.

We need to gang up to take down the monster of California, join team Slovakia to have this be the first war they've ever historically won.

I agree with what you're saying, but the term bandaid I feel is misused. Dev raids were there with the launch of the game, they're just to fill in blanks in the raid list. I don't think the devs realized what a shitshow TDM would be before they launched, and the design of dev raids was literally just gap fillers that people would ignore, going after the more lucrative player targets.

Removing them wouldn't really do much other than penalize players that would continue to population stack anyways, leaving all the problems and just removing the benefits. It's unfortunate but the only immediate and easy fix to the problem is population regulation - you can choose what region to join, but they're locked based on population until they all even out in a tier as someone had suggested in a prior thread.

California can only have 1000 players until every region fills up to about 1000, then the cap raises by 200 or so, and it just continues that way, never letting any one region get too far ahead of another.

It's stupid, and removes the camaraderie you're supposed to feel for your team since you'll most likely be forced into one you don't like, but it's the easiest 'fix' to the problem of unbalanced fights and dev raids.

Really though, as stated prior, it just needs the base action of raiding/defense to be redone. The damage is already caused by population stacking, and so they'll probably need to take some form of action to actually get people out of California, even if it's just kicking everyone out and letting them re-choose their region, once the main benefits for population stacking are adjusted. Unless they do something like giving a penalty to bloated areas (hope not) so people would move on their own.

Im sure you hear this enough, but
>jump in a level
Hater level twice your level twice yours immediately kills you in two hits

What the hell am i to do? I can get good and all but god Damn getting 2 hit on the first floor feels like a bit much

just started R&D for my motor psycho
>tfw getting milk black in the first chest I go to
my dick is hard

What floor of the secret shop sells reversal metal?

a bet your a faggot who only uses items to recover health

if you're leveling a new guy, go kill lv 1 coen for a bit

Just buy some death metal goyim who cares if you die.

Nevermind

Are there any piercing melee weapons?

Use your eyes and notice he is twice your level, if you don't think you stand a chance, run away. You can use the escalator when you are being chased, just not the elevator.

Motor psycho is fun fun fun fun.

no

>make it to Floor 33
>head up a narrow stairway
>get spit roasted by a Screamer and Hater that leap down from the roof on either side of me

Fucking MILK

>needed one more MILK Black to fully upgrade it
>bad luck on Floor 22
>open up that day's Uncle Prime
>it's a MILK Black

This almost makes up for all the Stamingus he kept sending me!

Funny guy, we are talking fully regenersted business here
Ok that solves it, didnt know i could use the ecalator. Assumed i couldnt

ye that trap is ass, guardshroom those small hallways if you can help it

>knock down a hater with a grenade
>run up to stomp
>dropkick instead
>hater gets up while I take twenty years to get up
>dead in one combo
all my deaths in this game have been to really fucking stupid shit

it's never something like 'damn wow I miscalculated the distance on that attack, shit'

it's always like 'wait why did it do that' or 'no wait what the fuck i didn't want to do that'

Granted why is there a level 25 on level 1 when im level 1. That shit seems silly

That's because you lack self awareness

Aaaaand im im dead in one hit,

Does Slugger increase the steam damage of the iron or only when it makes contact? Blunt attack +10%

It doesn't affect the vapor at all

USE FUCKING MUSHROOMS

Not that guy but fuck off.

Damage on the way up and damage on the way day. If I had died to this I would have been pissed.

I am senpai, bombs help me most times, poison doesn't seem to hurt the overleveled. Healing take too long to eat in battle and thats all ive really seen.
Just got killed in the hallway on floor one, teach me oh senpai im not sarcastic im getting fucked

>raiding
>in the subway transition, my fighter is standing up with a red aura instead of the usual sitting and waiting
Is this just something that happens when you're at war?

frog mushrooms ya tard.
hard CC gets you free hits for kills

I'll give it a shot

Frog shrooms, Fluffy shrooms and to an extent poison shrooms all give you an opening to attack and can be found in the bottom floors of the tower. You can even reliably farm frog shrooms in the first room on the first floor.

Thanks sempais

if a fight starts and your team has the higher hate meter you get a massive buff when raiding the opposing team. check your health and stats before and during a fight raid, the buff makes you nearly unkillable

Remember that if you poison a hater and back up they'll start to puke giving you time to also whale on them.

Also, RnD some armor.

tough shrooms are pretty good, if you get a lot from expedions just cook and eat, pretty good for raiding, i usally use 2 star sengoku body and legs, and with the boost from tough its pretty decent damage resistance, least against baseballs and nails

That smug lizard even got you too

Jokes on the lizard, he ran right into the fire and got cooked.

You know it's funny. In some ways I enjoy this game far more than Dark Souls.

On the other hand and it could merely be because I know the game is F2P but it feels like the game is one of those shitty coin gobbling light gun games at an arcade.

I'm on Floor 36 now and it feels like there is a man standing over me telling me to just buy some death metal and everything will be alright.

In Dark Souls the deaths felt impersonal as they had nothing to gain from designing it in such a way but here it really feels like they are trying to jew me out of money with the game design especially the fucking ridiculous reclamation prices on 31+. The general grinding required also does not help in addition to the enemies being extremely lethal.

I'm really disappointed this wasn't just a regular retail game so that the design wouldn't feel the way it does to me because I am falling in love with the game.

USE MUSHROOMS MORE

any advice for floor 40 boss?
i'm scared, guys
should i bring gear? i've heard to not do that

JUST

>going in naked

your own damn fault

especially since shes easy in that stage

I forgot there was a boss here

Is Okusa up? When is Okusa up?