What does Veeky Forums think of fuel treatments?

What does Veeky Forums think of fuel treatments?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline
toptiergas.com
youtu.be/-ynGWxzJHjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heard the diesel cleaners are pretty effective.

If you fail at using the car correctly, yes.

Only fuel treatments that are required if you bother using and maintaining a car for how its designed is lead additive for regularly driven classics or stabilizers for irregularly driven classics
Everything else is just a band aid for retardation or snake oil.

I do it the same time I change my oil. Does it help? No idea but my car runs fine and it's only $4

>just a band aid for retardation
So, something to run through an older car after buying it?

Otherwise, the best thing you can do is use the right fuel for your car. Mine grumbles and loses power on regular-grade fuel.

put injector cleaner in it seemed to make a pretty massive difference to the old daily

>diesel cleaners
this is just stupid enough for mjet to fall for.

They do clean the injectors, fag.
Google studies.

the chode at vato zone tries to shove this shit down my throat every time i go there.

Chevron Techron is the only one worth a shit. Not necessary unless you've been buying shit gas for the last 50k. It did fix an injector issue I had on my Jeep a few years ago.

A vacuum gets glass out of your seat after you crash your car into a wall.
Prevention is better than the cure.

>What does Veeky Forums think of fuel treatments?
Top Tier Gasoline already has the treatment built-in.

And in a lot of places, it doesn't cost much more than the normal gasoline if you get it from BP or Arco.

>get given fuel treatment by family member
>use it to start my camp fire innawoods
Works great

The only fuel treatment I use is oil for my 2-stroke.

I have never once had anyone try to upsell me shit at any auto parts store. They don't even ask if I want a filter when I buy 5 quarts of oil, because I already have it in my hand. How incompetent are you, or making yourself appear, that they think they can get you to buy extra shit?

they actually do work. but sometimes you have to use more then what is recommended for it to actually work.

they sometimes say to add with every oil change but i added everytime i filled up on a empty tank. it really did work on my honda.

>Arco
>aka nigger centrals

>not buying your filter online

Who's the real incompetent one here user?

My owners manual says not to put those in my car

Because previous owners are so good at prevention, right?

What did you use and what was your problem?

OP pci related. my honda is a used car. sometimes i felt low power from the engine at high way speeds and gas milage was bad. it had around 40,000 miles or so. i have actual mechanic shop experience so i knew the fuel injectors were clogging/dirty. i used a couple of bottles and after a month i felt better performance from the engine. a lot of carbon that had to be cleaned out from the engine

What cleaner you use?

the one OP posted pic related

>What does Veeky Forums think of fuel treatments?
Lucas makes two types of fuel treatments. One is the fuel injector cleaner. The other is the more complete fuel system cleaner which has PEA detergent added. The Lucas fuel system cleaner has more PEA than that chevron techron bottle does.

PEA is the detergent that works against carbon deposits. It's also the one added to the top tier gasoline. One thing to remember is that Top Tier Gasoline is a standard established by car manufacturers as a result of direct injection being used as a means of improving MPG. DI needed more detergent action and the EPA minimum requirements were no longer sufficient, but the EPA wasn't going to raise the minimum requirements. So the car manufacturers created the Top Tier standard and some gas companies complied.

Costco gas has five times the minimum required PEA in their gas after the company did its own testing on how much PEA was enough. Sam's Club still gives you minimum quality gas, so it loses out to Costco in that area too.

Don't buy a car that is clearly suffering from misuse
Don't buy a diesel from someone that used it for short low speed journeys

Prevention saves the day again.

>What cleaner you use?

Top Tier gas uses PEA (poly-ether amine) and PBA (poly-butene amine) as its main cleaner:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline

Top Tier Gasoline and description:
toptiergas.com

Ford ecoBoost engine carbon deposits:
youtu.be/-ynGWxzJHjA

I`ve tried some, can`t really say if it had any effect. Better off just adding some 2 stroke oil to the fuel once in a while.

This analogy makes no sense. Also you can`t expect to always get perfectly good fuel at the station. Can you be completely sure that the tanks and containers are constantly cleaned and devoid of impurities?

The fuel you buy is already filled with additives anyway, no idea at what concentration, but its impossible to find completely "pure" fuel.

This guy is great. "Sir I'm going to need travel logs from what you've used this vehicle for, I'd like to pull a head and inspect the valves and I'd like reference letters from your passengers."

HEY NERD. LEAVE!