Poorfag here. How much money do you need to stop worrying about money?

Poorfag here. How much money do you need to stop worrying about money?

My milestone's a million. Then I can stop worrying about money for roughly 3 years.

20 billion in 2016.

+1$

Listen, meng, if you're worried about money now, you're not going to stop when you've got a huge net worth. It may even get worse, which is what happened to me.

I was far happier with 100k net worth. Now I'm fucking hustling every day.

Trust me, it has more to do with your internal mind than your bank account.

You can stop worrying about money at any time, it's just in your head. Whether it's justified to stop is a different story entirely...

It heavily depends on your place of residence, your costs of living, your social security, your goals in life, your family planning, etc.

I don't think even rich people ever stop worrying about money entirely (until they die of course). Your worries are just replaced by other kinds of worries as you become richer (profits, diversification, theft, etc instead of scraping enough together to pay for food).

So it's not worth it to stop being poor?

>asks question about required money wihout giving any description of typical expenditure

YEA UM LET ME DO THE MATH FOR YOU

It's still worth it to strive for financial freedom. But don't get sucked down the rabbit hole. Know when to cut yourself off and enjoy life a little

Assuming that most of us are in the 20-30 age range I think that 6-7 million dollars would be enough for any of us to live comfortably for the rest of our lives.

That also depends. If you are at peace with being poor - why stop? Living as a hippie or a vagabond can be peaceful and nice.

But if you're fucking sick of it - why stop trying to climb up? There are obviously tiers of worries. Stopping existential worries can be a reward in its own, even if it doesn't mean not having worries ever again.

Also, wealth is often tied to your life expectancy. Proper housing, heating, quality food and medical care go a long way making you healthier.

I guess it boils down to what's causing you stress. If having no money stresses you out - do try to solve that problem. But if working your ass off stresses you out - do try to change that as well.

when the money you invested starts exceeding your income, whatever that is.

Obviously, the lower income you are, the greater the effect.

pic related

It's never enough. We have the house paid off, no debt, $1 million in a pair of life insurance policies, $850K in cash/ brokerage and $1.1 million in retirement accounts.

And I still lose sleep EVERY FUCKING NIGHT. What if... can I... black swans.... fucking Trump's tweets.... Putin... aaargh!!

I want off this fucking ride.

>internal mind

So if my salary is $35k then I'm good when I have $35k + $0.01 invested? That's something to shoot for.

I'd be happy to trade places user. You fucking cunt.

I'm hoping my 200+ bitcoins allows me to live semi retired

>Frugal
>Single
>Don't have to be a cucked urbanite, cheap place to rent somewhere in USA

Bitcoin is well established and not going anywhere, every altcoin has been shit and shilld to no end, it won't be replaced

Governments can't shut it down or really impede it, think bittorrent

1 million dollars.

Invest this in dividend stocks, and no matter how young you are you will get $40,000+ a year every year until you die. That is more than enough income to never worry about money again. If you have a catastrophic medical event, simply sell some of your shares.

As someone who used to think the same, and now has $3m.... it's not nearly enough.

It's extremely stressful, and you'll regularly be stressed about losing $20,000 in a single day on investments.

It's hell. Kill me now. I want 20m.

Nigger what? He'll get $20,000 every year, and it'll be taxed.

The stock value will go up, yes, but so will inflation. It will always be the equivalent of a taxed $20,000 from the time he puts it in.

>Governments can't shut it down or really impede it, think bittorrent
Yes they can. They're already pushing all owners to keep records of who trades them. BitCoin will be around, yes, but they'll simply make it illegal to use it.

They've been planning their own blockchain from the start. Bitcoin and a few altcoins were leaked by CIA fronts to get people competing over who can make/improve this open source tech best before the governments step in and proclaim any unapproved blockchain illegal.

Yeah it's a well know psychological conundrum, rich people tend to just want even more and with wealth concentration already at all time highs the system is really sort of on the verge of breaking. when there are like 100 poverty ridden chimps for every well to do ape one sunny morning the chimps just start rebelling and eventually take the great apes out.

Anyway, on topic totally depends and totally unpredictable long term. Your best investment is probably health and the ability to earn an income which is hard considering the competition these days. So many chimps, not enough banana plantations.

Capital gains taxes are usually half of regular earnings tax making wealth distribution even worse because wealthy people basically write law to protect themselves.

A major mistake people make is focusing on a milestone, a number like 1 million. This is stupid.
You need to focus on a system that earns you more money than you spend while living a comfortable lifestyle. There is no specific number. I could live a comfortable life with 30.000 Dollars in Thailand or live a miserable life with it in New York.

It depends on how frugal you live.
You will worry a lot less already once you have a 30-50k cushion.
The difference between this and having 250k isn't really that much and most people with this amount worry a lot less about money.

Please don't confuse "stop to worrying about money" with "being able to spend money like no tomorrow with irrational purchases of unnecessary goods".

$170,000 overdraft
shares/trading all down about 40%

woke up today (give no fucks)

No $35.00001k in investments won't get you anywhere near $35k in returns.

The answer varies.

My dollar amount would be to live pretty much the life style I do now with the freedom of wagecuckery.

Ideally I would like to replace my income with a little extra so that my wealth grows well past inflation and market upsets.

I would like to be able to pay several people to handle to day to day bullshit.

I would like to get a wild hair and be able to grab 10k cash and jump on a boat or a plane for a few weeks. Just a quick phone call or email for a few minutes every few days.

So for me. Approx the equivalent of 100k per year in today's dollars till I die.

Easy to achieve.

And gong my route if I tank I can always start over.

Life is good when u realize that money is simply a tool to buy freedom.

This.

For example I am so engrained with the work hard meme I simply cannot handle the stress and anxiety of stopping. But I'm crippled. So I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up. Therefore I have started a budget. % for invest % for bills % savings and % fuckoff fund.

Once my % goals are met I can quit my job and still live like a wagecuck while getting even richer.

Maybe I don't want to buy anew apartment complex or start a biz to buy a Lexus. Maybe I will sell some of my shit as long as the % rules are adhered to and pay cash. Or even get it on payments with some of my fuckoff fund. If my income grows to beat inflation and I can give myself an anual raise. Then I can live like a jobless wagecuck until I die or get my head right and am capable of handling a few million in apoartments.

Personally I'd rather have fun. Maybe in 15 or 20 years I'll slow down a little and lean towards business and real estate meetings and shit instead of hobbies.

Dunno.

"The world is your pussy user. Fuck it." Maybe the greatest quote my retard mind has ever produced... lol

I have a question for you, Why dont you just buy 4 rental properties for like 300k each and just rent them out and live off the rental income?

>he would get $20,000 a year
??? Obviously he would buy dividend stocks with a yield of 4%.

Inflation can go up, doesn't matter, it's not a corporate bond, it a stock, so all that means is the prices the company charges goes up. If the price of a basket of goods goes up, then the people selling that basket of goods charge more.

Combine this with the face that companies don't move sideways, they reinvest their money and grow larger every year, raising earnings and causing a raise in dividends over the years. So even after adjusting for inflation, your income would still be increasing every year.