Are you saving for your dream car?

If so what is it.
Mine is picrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/trabant/1.1/trabant_1.1_n-11063074
tradecarview.com/used_car/mazda/rx-7/20077119/?sp=2
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5962189547.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can probably already afford one, but I can't find one.

Yeah I have an envelope where I stuff 1,5,10s and sometimes 20s 50s 100's from gifts and whatnot

Trabant 600?

>Saving

>Trabant

If you buy one, you've pretty much got a fucking bottle bank anyway

Yep.
One day brother, one day....

yes
fj cruiser with a TRD package

>car is 250€
>have to save for it

Either a half broken FC rx7, a limited ed celica or some other comparable rwd/awd funbox

Also a scoot/small bike to mod

Not in the UK unfortunately friend.
If you can provide me a link to one in nice condition for that price then feel free to post it.
Thanks.

I´d recoment you to look at a german automotive market site like mobile.de or others.

Saving up, but i don't know for wich one:
>1969 Dodge Charger
>2016/17.....recent Dodge Charger

Yeah, I really wish I live in Germany car wise, that site is a treasure trove. I'd have a garden and shed full of eastern bloc classics!
How much do you recon transport to the UK would be, and how would you recommend to gobuy one?

if you don't mind visiting hungary:

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/trabant/1.1/trabant_1.1_n-11063074

There are ones for even less (like 120€)

I only have a east german moped, a Simson S51.

You should inpect the car yourself before you buy it.
If it still runs and passed inspection, you could get here by train, and get back with the Trabbi.

Holy shit, thanks man.
But how do I do it, I can't just rock up there like 'hey dudes, here is my GBP can I have a Trabant please' as the entire village sharpens their pitchforks. I see the 1.1l polo versions are most common but I would prefer a 2 stroke one.
Thanks for the info. I might finally do it this year.

And what is Germany like to travel to now.
Is it as bad as /pol/ says?

saving up for a trabant?
Those things are like 500 bucks.

nope
t. non european

It's fine as long as you don't go into any major cities.

It is pretty save as long as you don´t go to the No-Go areas our politicans don´t mention.

You will see mudslimes in trains and they will be assholes, but they don´t do shit in trains.

Where i live (Hungary, as you just saw) is full of old eastern block beauties, i mean like they're all around. You drive around in the countryside and Lada VAZ 2101s and two-stroke trabants are parked on the side of the road, with "For sale" tags on them. Hell, even Barkas B1000 can be found sometimes.

By the way, yes, you just go to the car, contact the owner (most of the owners of such vehicles are old grocery shop owners in their 60s, so good luck finding one who speaks english) and give them the money. Also good luck finding leaded petrol around here, i don't think any stations have that.

One day I will maybe work in these countries if I am lucky enough. I think I deserve a holiday to go old car hunting. Thanks for the help.
10/10 Barkas.
East stuff is getting sadly rare here in the UK, heck I own one of the one 14 Vaz-2121s still on the road in the UK, sad....

>heck I own one of the one 14 Vaz-2121s still on the road in the UK, sad....

Keep it up man, you're doing god's work
Nivas are also abundant here in Hungary

Sadly, Lada Samaras are slowly fading away, no more spare parts. Interesting to see that the Nivas and Trabants are keeping up, while slightly newer designs, like the samara are failing to survive.
Wartburg 353, old Dacia 1310 and even Zastava 1100p models are also getting less common day by day.

Call me a homo, but I'm about a year away from my dream RX7. There's a verrry nice 1998 facelift model for sale in Japan which I plan to import/import one similar to:
tradecarview.com/used_car/mazda/rx-7/20077119/?sp=2

Nope :)

My dream car won't be made anymore when I'm ready to buy it, although I can technically afford it now.

>most high end sports cars are getting rid of naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions in favor of turboshit and flappy paddles

>most high end sports cars are getting rid of naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions in favor of turboshit and flappy paddles
That's why you should buy it now, before the last ones become even older.
>Last manual Ferraris (430's) were made in '09 and are rare/expensive as shit.
>Last manual 360's were made in '05 and can still be had for under six figures

>can afford it
>not ready to buy it
What the heck man. Stop being so responsible and just do it.

Im going to look at this on Monday. You should inquire.

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5962189547.html

I'm hoping they're still cheap by the time I can afford to build up a carb'd 12A model
>dark green paint
>streetable port job
>blow-through supercharger eventually

I'm waiting rather than saving.

If Mazda doesn't release the RX-9 in 2020, I'll probably just get a 1995 RX-7.

Theres one with no title sitting in a barn in lancaster co PA. you could steal it the owner is never around

Reminder that never ever

Why a 95? Get a series 8 (2000-2002), fewer problems

>tfw US based wankel factory to avoid trumptax neber
fugg

If you're an ausfag buy them now - the price of old rx mazdas are going insane and first gen 7s wont be far behind them

t. RX2 owner

burgerfag, they've been around $2-4,000 here pretty consistently. I just hope they don't start going up because of roadkill

>company that thinks a new mazdaspeed would be childish
>same company making a wankel sportscar

Kek

That was my first thought after seeing that episode.

Series 8 isn't old enough to import easily.

is that a trabant?

Gotcha, i do feel sorry for you lards and your rubbish import laws - but then i remember you have 440s just sitting in peoples yards so swings/roundabouts i suppose.

I doubt it, most people are scared of the rotary with good reason as it will eat casuals wallets alive. I would be more concerned about the decaying state of their body/trim which will be difficult and expensive to repair due to scarcity of parts and stupid prices, buy a cheapie now with a stuffed engine and shove it in a barn or a carport somewhere, you'll thank yourself in 5-10 years time when there is none left

>Last manual Ferraris (430's) were made in '09
>Last manual 360's were made in '05

You wouldn't believe how much they cost in germany. At least those in good condition.

It's not even remotely the same car. Also the issue with finding one is that they're pretty much all on one side of the Atlantic Ocean and I'm on the other side. I've never seen a single first gen Pontiac Tempest for sale in Europe. I'd probably have to quit my job and tour American junkyards and car ads for as long as a visum allows.

Trabant 600 or 500. Unfortunatelly I need to import one from Germany. I have Trabant 601 as a backup plan. Already found a guy selling one for 200 euros aproximatively 200 kilometers away from me, claiming he still has the insurance and technical inspection avaible on it so I can drive it all the way back.

False. P50/P60 models are incredibly rare and those with ~500 euro prices are in bad condition. 601s are more commons, but in road-worthy or at least good conditions you can expect to drop a good buck for them.

Not older models. 601 is the most common model and of course it's cheaper. 600s/500s and even 1.1s are rarer so therefore more expensive.

Basically I can get a 601 right way, but not giving on the original plan (P50/P60) just yet.

I have also considered a Twingo in case everything else fails, but it's 3rd in order of priority for now.

Basically
Top priority: Trabant P50/P60
2nd tier: Trabant 601
3rd tier: Renault Twingo

Trains are late a lot of the time but train stations and the trains themselves are fairly clean and usually safe. Just watch out for tanned germans.

>trabant
>anyones dream car but people stuck in communistic country where that pile of shit was the only choise they had
>S A V I N G U P for a trabby
I don't fucking understand americans

ZZW30 in manual, hard top, post 2003 model.

>duroplast
>ever not being in good condition

Neither I do since I'm not american. :^)
t. east yuropean

Only body panels are made of duroplast. The rest is still made of steel which will rust

I have quite a few dream cars but 135i and 335i are the ones that motivate me to make money and save it the most.

>mfw see trabant on IL craigslist once
>for $10,000

Ask the company.
Probably the trend. Less and less people want manuals.

Hey, do you have the image but just with the car without the head and green screen?

TRABBI A CUTE!
A CUTE!

I have a 2016 charger R/T. Would recommend.

>tfw won't spent 14th of february like this

R33.