What was the worst car you've ever driven or been a passenger in, and why?

What was the worst car you've ever driven or been a passenger in, and why?

a jeep

those heaps don't belong on the road

Definitely a Nissan. Holy shit we didn't even pull out and I heard dogs cooking as soon as that chinkshit started up lmaaooooo

Other than my father's SMA Maple that's falling apart I've had the fortune of not riding in a lot of Chinese cars, which are quite popular around here (mostly because they're dirty cheap and disposable), but I've heard that they like Korean cars in the 90s but 2x times worse. I rode in an uber's Nissan Sentra and the interior was abysmally bad.

Probably my dad's 1970 El Camino. Not saying it's bad, but newer cars have improved in most ways, especially in regards to NVH and safety.

a genesis g80
after getting shilled its tits off I excepted a half decent car but no,gooks can't into non-shitboxy-cars

>1987 Cavalier Wagon
I was only 3-4 at the time. That thing backfired and had a back seat with a spring pushing right up my ass. I think it's why I'm gay, now that I think about it.

this exact same color too, it was a good vehicle but i lack the words to describe how ugly this thing is. Unworthy of the name car

worst Ive ever driven is any old American pickup

shit steering
shit comfort
shit power
shit brakes

its like driving an old American car but ramped up to 11

if I had to pick the worst of all of them it would be a 1973 International that thing was a pile

worst Ive ever been a passenger in is a Ford Escape with both rear strut mounts rusted out

DELETE THIS

Why would you turn gay because of something negative happening to your butthole? That doesn't make any sense.

my old s12. it would totally die randomly and i never could figure out what was causing it by the time i got rid of it. even had a guy i know who owns a shop take a look at it, still nothing. made it terrifying to drive. also pretty much the entire suspension was fucked, pulled hard to the right. drivers seat was broken so it was retarded uncomfortable on top. used to have rust holes in the exhaust to make it even worse ontop off all that tho i fixed that at least. didnt have the cash to fix the rest of it so i sold it to some rich guy who collects rusty datsuns. nobody else would buy it because it was too fucked to make a good project.

Mentally
>Ill
>Individual

2001 or so Volvo C70 convertible
>massive body flex
>sqeaks and rattles galore
>groaning, spiritless non-turbo 5 cylinder
>vague steering feel and shit suspension tuning

Overall terrible car.

Because it secretly felt good?

My father has a 1000hp supra that was literally the worst possible thing to ride in. I'm so glad she sold that heap. It was literally only good for the track and a straight line at that..

She made the right choice your father

Nice try

Side note. It was hardly a supra ever while it was in his possession. Basically started as a 1990 supra until some dip wrecked it and my dad bought it threw out everything supra and installed the latest in boomer tech available. Before he sold it he put the largest lsx available in it with two stupid large turbos for no reason. Thing was plain old stupid and probably cost some obscene amount of money.

Hard to say. It's between a Toyota Tercel, Toyota Echo and a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

5th Gen Mailibu

Gutless 4 cyl with NVH that would make Briggs and Stratton embarassed. Didn't stop well, didn't ride well. interior total shit tier. 2ft long pencil thin shifter that felt like it was going to snap off putting into gear. I don't know how they sold them.

Thing is retiree core

2013 Jeep Patriot. It was a rental I had for a week.

>shitty FWD inline 4 with no power
>9 speed transmission for some reason
>flooring it would get you to 55 in about 15 seconds
>instead of revving up it seems to rev downwards while accelerating so it just sounds like a disappointing fart
>air vents blowing fire-hot air when the dial is set in the blue part
>interior looks like a Fisher Price toy
>almost no cargo space anyway

Because that's how that kind of thing tends to develop?
>Mentally ill fags
>makes sense
>ever

Fleet sales. Those shitbox GM mid size cars were almost all rentals.

Saturn SC2. Shakes like a spooky skeleton at highway speeds, unbelievable amounts of road/wind noise, flimsy plastic body, gutless (although reliable) engine, harsh-shifting 4-speed auto transmission, mild steel frame rust magnet. It returns reasonable mpg, is actually not terrible over rough pavement, and has a good turning radius, among other small car benefits. The best thing about these cars is how dirt cheap they are.

Yeah, the Sentra is a real kick in the dick to drive. While my buddies car was in the shop, the dealer gave him a Sentra as a rental. We revved the shit out of it until the cats blew or something and it got really loud and ricey. We then rev bombed everywhere pissing off everybody

Old trucks were for working though. Comfy trucks didn't come around till the late 90s

Have to say a Kia Spectra, hatchback. Friend was drunk so I drove him and his car home. Knees were up halfway to the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. Compact asian cars and being tall are a bad combination.

The worst car I've ever driven / owned was a 1993 Mercedes 190e aka Krazy Kraut

>exhaust was cut off car, ran open headers
>Motor leaked oil all over bottom side of the car
>back fired occasionally, but somehow never started on fire
>was an auto, bang shifted every gear
>all the tires were bald, one or two had cords
>lost the key so had to missouri engineer it with a sawzall to start with a screw driver
>new 'ignition' hung out of heater vent that didn't work anyway
>steering column lock pin would randomly engage after this mid turning. Promptly fixed that with sawzall as well
>no working headlights, no horn, passenger seat stuck all the way forward
>interior completley striped out other than the dash and front seats
>rust holes in floor would get you high inside because exhaust fumes
>security alarm never stopped going off while driving, ripped horn out instead of fixing
>the battery was shit and i needed to carry jump pack with me at all times. Eventually removed washer fluid tank to store jump pack under hood for quick access.
>security system would shut car and not allow it to restart until battery completely drained out, usually at the most inconvenient times
>seatbelt liked to get stuck clicked in
> hood latched with bungee cord around bumper
>chicken wire grill

sold that bitch for $200 dollar bucks

/pol/ pls go

>encouraging them by replying

>Dodge Caliber
>A Saturn I can remember what it was
All owned by a cousin at some point. Biggest pieces of shit I've drove (Caliber) and passenger (Saturn). One day, it was raining, and we were in the Saturn on the highway. Turns on the wiper blades and they are hitting each other and one some how flipped over.

Plymouth Breeze

Gonna have my boyfriend shove springs up my but, see I feel that turns me gay.
If I don't get back to you, it's because I'm busy having gay sex.

2002 Jaguar XJ8

Let me explain

>200 mile roadtrip that day, friend with xj8 volunteers to drive
>had never ridden in the car but shit, it's a Jaguar so this trip should feel like riding on a fucking cloud
>rolls up to my house to pick me up
>simulations run through my head of how supple and comfortable the leather seats will be, which will surely put me to sleep for the long ride
>open door
>seat where your ass goes is literally almost as high as the window
>as i try to get in, i realize this car was made solely for the manlets of England from where it came
>being 6 feet tall, not extremely tall by any means, i was forced to put my head to the side the entire trip while my legs either had to be spread or both set to either side of the seat
>stiff leather
>lousy, bouncy ride
>insane body roll for even the slightest of turns
>absolute SHIT of a stereo system
>0/10 in all practical aspects

Will never come within 10 feet of one ever again

>14' Land Rover Sport
Fucking cramped in the rear
Stupid shifter and mode knob in the center console taking up space.
Stupid button you have to press on the hatch to open the liftgate completely before pressing the hatch release or you'll just open the rear window. Not much space in the hatch at all
For an SUV it's interior is crappy

worst of all they paid pininfarina to do it

>1973

All cars were on the virge of shit.

I believe that you are using your comedy chevrons incorrectly.

2012+ Nissan Versa sedan.

I drove a 2007-2011 Versa. Had no problem with that one.
Got into a 2012, and it was like everything that made the previous Versa decent had been flushed down the toilet. The plastics were shittier, the steering had no feel whatsoever, the brakes felt soggy, the manual shifter felt like I was stirring a bolt of really hot liquified rubber, the engine felt lifeless, even at high rpm, and the suspension rolled and pitched in a way an economy car just should not.

Worst car currently on the market, guaranteed.

Ohhhh you poor thing! Not vintage American trucks!!

Agreed.

Too hard to pick.

Driven? Vauxhall Astra. Gutless, terrible brakes and vague steering.
Passenger? Toyota Yaris. Shitty seats, terrible around corners, no power, ugly as shit.

>Waah this truck that was meant to haul shit and tow trailers isn't comfy WAAH

1998 Jeep ZJ.
>Massive steering deadzone
>Brakes are mushy
>Kinda eh body roll
>Piss poor acceleration for a 4.0l I6
>God awful gas milage (12.6MPG Average on the one i drove)
>Have to maneuver my legs in just to fucking enter the vehicle, even though i'm 6'7. A jeep should have some fucking room.
>Headliner was peeling

The only thing its good for is snow. It's actually pretty fun to drive in completely covered roads.

Mercedes 240d. So fucking slow it made my 1990 grand wagoneer with a whopping 140 horsepower look like a sports car.

early 2000s hyundai elentra(or whatever their base model was)
absolutely horrible interior.

their base model was the Accent.
Their compact Civic competitor was the Elantra.

some kind of KIA i cant even remember. It was like a lifeless body i had to drag around. No feeling, no movement, no exuberance, no personality- just fucking blank

2006 Nissan Primera wagon
>unbelievably vague and light controls with no feedback whatsoever, I've played video games with better feel
>1.8 engine for lots of noise and no power
>piss cheap interior with uninspiring seats and acres of grey plastic staring right at you
>that clusterfuck of an infotainment system
>the gearbox was a real treat in particular, it felt more like stirring a pot of porridge and had a truly hilarious amount of wiggle room. Hell, just coasting and stomping on the gas made the stick visibly jerk and twitch

On the plus side, it had quite a bit of cargo space I guess?

fuck you ruined my mental image of xj8's

:_;

I like how you focus on comfort when the entire vehicle is complete shit

truckfags a salty bunch

OK.

It's because you're expecting a truck, and an old one at that, to be like a car.

>shit steering
WAAH this steering box is 40 years old and worn out. Why can't it be magically tight and new?
or
WAAH why can't this truck have power steering and tiny, easy to turn wheels like a car?

>shit comfort
WAAH these leaf springs that are meant to carry 2000 pounds aren't soft like a car!!!1

>shit power
WAAH this truck engine is tuned for torque, economy, and longevity! Why can't it be a 50 billion horsepower lightbulb car engine???

>shit brakes
WAAH I don't know how to use or maintain drum brakes so they're automatically shit!

Go buy a Lincoln LT if you want a "truck"

so basically you like eating shit and if anyone else doesnt like to they are whining

ok

I've driven my fair share of shit box cars and old beaters with loose steering, bad brakes, and unhealthy engines. But the worst car I've ever driven has got to be an 03 Chevy Aveo.
Everything about it felt cheap and flimsy. It was slow, noisy, wallowy handling, the brakes, shifter, and clutch were awful. Everything about it exuded cheapness. No creativity, literally nothing interesting about.

It's more along the lines of:
>You see a Starbucks and think to yourself 'hmm, yes, i will have some coffee.'
>You order some.
>Straight black, piping hot.
>You get your order
>You take a sip
>"OH MY GOD IT'S HOT I WAS EXPECTING COLD THIS IS SHIT"
>"HOLY FUCK THIS IS BITTER I WAS EXPECTING HOT COCOA WHY IS THIS NOT HOT COCOA"
>"WHY IS THERE NO SUGAR COFFEE SHOULD BE SWEET"
>"THIS IS SHIT EVEN THOUGH I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT"

Lmao, yankee scum got triggered

Not one of the worse but definitely a terrible car was my uncle's Jag XJ40, the once before this:
>He drove it like a moron over cobbled roads and pot holes so the suspension and ride quality was completely fucked.
>Seats like a Chesterfield sofa so they were hard and uncomfortable at first but they would soften out.
>Body roll so bad, it like felt like the steering wheel was attached to the body work, not the front wheels. I swear he never slowed down for corners so most were taken at a 45 degree angle.
>The Jag was never repaired or serviced unless it had to be so it knocked, rattled and squeaked so much, I bet he got tinnitus from it.
>He got rid of it because of "quality British engineering". The door seals deteriorated so much that it let in water and rusted out the hinges. One of the back doors snapped off in his hands.

Never buy old Jags that were worked to death.

He's completely right, though. Why would you expect vehicles meant for heavy duty work to be comfortable? Do you complain that water is wet and the sky is blue as well?

DELETE THIS

I was expecting it to be shit (I have driven old American cars and they are garbage too) and it still surpassed by expectations for being awful

you guys are the tards thinking I was expecting it to be comfortable

An old friends VN Commodore. He had to drive it around for a while because his Daewoo Matiz exploded (which happens to be the second worst), this VN was so full of rust and never ever services you'd have to take a speed bump at 5km/h or you'd either break your back, ass or your head would be through the roof. Not to mention almost everything that you could image to be patched with duct tape was. Except it was masking tape instead. Car also backfired like a cunt due to the early LPG conversion setup it had among other issues.

And the roof lining was drooped about 10-15cm down from the actual roof.

Though I found a deck of 50s in the back that was unopened that I got to keep, so that was great. (Funny that that deck was worth just under a quarter of what the car actually cost him)

A manual Dodge Caliber and a manual Chrysler PT cruiser.
Holy fuck were they horrendous to drive. The stick shift was unprecise and most of the time i had to "search" for the next gear and then theres the clutch on the Caliber... It had the smallest biting point i have ever experienced in a manual car and there were only two positions of the clutch pedal, either clutch out or clutch in, nothing inbetween.

The only car I've ever been amazed by the low quality of is a base model "new" beetle, back when they first came out. Literally fisher price tier interior, plastic everywhere, everything creaked and seemed like it would break.

Well then why did you bitch about it not being comfortable?

>what was the worst car youve ever driven or been a passenger in and why

gee user some of us arent retarded sister fuckers who cant read op and pick the 1 point to bitch about

1979 Ford Farimont

> Dad refuses to spend more than $1,000 on a car (this was the 90's so equivalent to about $1,500 today)
> It's not that he can't afford it, he's just a neurotic miser
> Buys a '79 Ford Fairmont coupe
> Engine burns oil
> Passenger side door won't stay closed so I nearly fell out of it on several occasions
> Eventually, the #6 cylinder stops firing
> White smoke belches from exhaust so much that you can't have the windows down when it's not moving
> Indians kept stealing it because apparently it was easy to hotwire
> Seats are uncomfortable as fuck, going on a 2 hour drive was like being tortured
> Heater makes an awful smell like burning rubber whenever it's turned on

The sad part is that we had that car for like 7 years. What finally did it in was some kid stole it and wrecked it trying to flee from the cops

This. My dad has one and there is literally NOTHING good about it.

2010 Toyota corolla

>horrific steering
>gutless (they claim 65kw but it feels like at most 40kw and it's all at 7k rippums)
>shit interior, the dash takes up a full 1/4 of cabin
>electricals don't even work, the head lights would randomly turn off so it can't be driven at night
>brakes are dangerously under powered, it never applies ABS because you can't apply enough force with both feet unless you do it fast enough BA engages
>when you put it in drive it would sometimes remain in neutral until you accelerated and then slam into gear making a huge bang

All of this "fixed" under warranty but nothing changes, no mechanic has been able to figure out what's wrong with the electrical system, it's on its 3rd loom and ECU

people who owned one will also know.

>>when you put it in drive it would sometimes remain in neutral until you accelerated and then slam into gear making a huge bang
i dont understand how its the same automatic they ve had since the 80s

I've noticed there trannys are no longer marked with Asin Warner. So they are building them in house?

My dad's honda

Other than excessively filthy or poorly-maintained vehicles, pretty much every sub-20k shitbox that comes new today is really fucking depressing to drive. I gotta say the worst of them all would be the Prius C. Everything about that car is made to push you into an existential crisis over the choices you made leading up to you owning a Prius C with how fucking offensively bland and boring every aspect of the vehicle is. It is the car most deserving of the term "appliance car" and probably does that the best out of any of the new shitboxes, but the money you save on driving one of these little fucks is offset by the cost to you soul. It's like eating a nebulous gray gruel every day instead of actual food because it saves you a couple bux a day.

Just imagine how fucking uninviting this frigid sea of plastic is on a cold winter

09 Dodge Avenger as rental.

>4 cylinder is absolutely anemic
>Mediocre gas mileage for a 4 cylinder
>Completely numb steering feel
>Worst auto transmission I've ever driven
>God awful interior - both ugly and cheap looking
>Small interior space even in the front seats

So glad I only had to endure it for about a week.

Mitsubishi Mirage. In the back seat, too. For those of you who haven't, have a look at pic related. That's all the legroom you get, and the seat is upholstered with about a quarter inch of cheap foam and solid metal underneath.

The motor whined like an old Geo Metro too

my friend's 1986 mustang LX.
the kid swapped in a mark 8 engine, with full cobra underpinnings and all that stuff, has a hurst short shifter too.

but it was just too neglected, it was fast (shit your pants fast almost) but i was scared to sit in it let alone drive. i see its appeal, and its hella fun but wouldnt ride that car on the regular.

a runner up would be another friend's first gen avalanche. shit is not THAT bad accelerating, but its just too soft, rear hatch doesnt open and the passenger door you need to open it from the inside. its also retardedly huge.

most "useless" car ive been/driven is the wrangler hands down. doesnt accelerate well enough, doesnt look good enough etc its just "eh" at whatever its supposed to do.

It's supposed to go off road which it's pretty good at.

It's a 3rd world car, what did you expect?

I'm going to say that's not entirely true.

>Mercedes 240d
Can vouch for that. Hands down the slowest car I've ever driven. It seriously struggles to get up to highway speeds. God help you if you're trying to merge into heavy traffic.

>a deck of 50s
Explain to an American what that is please.

A 2003 mitsubishi galant, my first car

It leaked water, but not in a normal way. Water would some how get inside and travel to he floor in some invisible way and then seep up through cracks in the floorboards. Had to rip out all the carpet. The day after a good rain I'd have a good quarter inch puddle of water in my car. And I live in Florida so it fucking rains a lot Eventually I gave up trying to stop it and just drove only in flip flops. It also burnt oil and the oil light didn't work so eventually it ran out of oil and the engine seized. Junkyard took it for $200.

Yep, friend drove his 240d from Orange County CA to Seattle and said he could only manage 30mph through a mountain pass without overheating.
My friend has a 2002 galant and while it's in good condition mechanically and aesthetically it's boring and slow. Despite this, he loves it.

>Nissan anything
Of course it was shit

Car for midgets with no legs

Man.
I drove a Caliber once. ONCE.

>stupid green "phosphorescent" gauges hard to see at night
>gas pedal floppy as fuck
>brakes were ON/off, no in-between
>rode worse than my 30 year old econobox, despite being 1000 pounds heavier and having a 10" longer wheelbase

The slushbox shifted OK, and I didn't really goose it because reasons.

3/10 it has 4 wheels and goes places I guess

Im sorry to everyone who likes it, but my grandpas Twingo. It felt like i was stuck in a shoebox, add to that my grandpas driving style and ive never felt that close to death. Every second i thought i was gonna die in a french fireball because of it clipping a lamppost at 20mph.

Post pics

A packet of 50 cigarettes.

Chevy Cobalt. Had to rent one when my work truck was in the shop. One of the most boring cars I ever drove. Plus it smelled like a damn ashtray!

Fucking this. My grandpa also owns a twingo and it's so shitty to drive. It's a base model so nothing is adjustable, which makes my head hit the ceiling while the pedals are too close and the wheel is too far. Also, the stick shift feels like you're pushing it through a sponge trying to hit a gear. It also doesn't have a tachometer of any kind which is a crime for a powerless and quiet engine.

One of these with a partly blown head gasket and about 1/3rd the rust. Glad its gone now.

>gee user some of us arent retarded sister fuckers who cant read op
>what was the worst car youve ever driven or been a passenger in and why
>the worst CAR you've ever been in
>CAR

yeah you're right, we aren't retarded sister fuckers who can't read - you are. Fucking idiot

Sam Hyde has a Prius C and he dedicated an entire video to thrashing it and talking about how depressing it is

My 98 Chevy Cavalier after my sister used it for a few years.

She didn't tell me anything about her neglecting the shit out of it, looked like a mess, and the fucking head gaskets were warped to shit, and overheated so bad it almost caught on fire.

My mother has a 2010 Volkswagen polo 1.4 TSI that I have to drive on occasion.
used to be a learner and double brake/gas pedal fucked the brakes to a point where there is always a little pressure on the brake pads meaning its either no brake power or emergency stop brake power
Because of the brake pressure I struggle getting it above 80 km/h
> DSG gearbox is total shit and causes that it feels like you're driving on a dirt road all the time.
> sips oil like theres no tomorrow suspected it needed engine reworked turned out to be an oil leak.
steering is way too much for such a small shitbox
Sold the sucker to some Moroccan and bought her a Fiat 500 she desperately wanted