/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Time To Purge edition
May you find your worth in the archive: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

PURGE FILTH

Also filter and ignore tripfags

First for hunter of hunters

want some nice juicy blood dregs?

FILL ME WITH YOUR DREGS SENPAI

Did I do good?

>tfw alfred is pretty much covered in what may aswell be the blood dregs
>tfw alfred is covered in bloodcum
no wonder he wheeled himself

looks decent memefriend

The meat chunks of your whore queen are not the same as dregs. Those are for her, and she only wants strong seed from strong hunters, not you prissy little faggot Vilebloods.

>giants in the wrong places

you cucks are still here? lmao

the fuck on about m8?

>He pronounces it P-tu-ma-ru

back to /dsg/ you go

>assblasted /dsg/ fag because bloodborne wont come to xbox or pc
rubadubdub faggot

how the fuck is it pronounced anyway? is it like chu-ma-ru or something?

tomb air ee an

it's a portmanteau of 'tomb' and 'Sumerian'

A solid 6 out of 10.

tu-ma-ru

Long U, short A

I thought it was thoo-mare-E-ehn

I've always prounounce it "thu-marry-an"

not him, but it's better than youre dykes atleast

Wow, you're so super jealous of them that you even bring it up when I haven't even posted them. That's a new level of sad and pathetic. LOL

>youre ;^)
but yeah, this

>LOL
>not your usual perfect grammar
cmon luci youre slipping

Rate my burger kinghurst cosplay.

If you are going to follow me all over Veeky Forums to shit post, at least try to keep it relevant to the thread's topic.

oppest of the keks

>finding someone in /dsg/ who's biggest gripe with bloodborne is that guns are overpowered
>thinks beast blood pellet + fire paper is completely fine because it "needs you to be close to the boss" despite it destroying bosses like ludwig in 20 seconds because you either stunlock them or just break all their legs which stuns them anyway
>doesn't even make mention of the chikage which is the real strength of any bloodtinge build

I don't get these people.

Toppest*
;^)

I never got what this was supposed to convey. People already know I am not a trophy whore, and I play at my own pace.

>tfw pizza, diet coke, bloodborne and /bbg/
couldnt get much comfier

>discovered hintertombs depths 4 and 5 six months ago

>have not shared how to get them with anyone

>msgs in those chalices have not been rated yet

dude we just had bergenwerth basement bait today, cool your jets

its the same guy user

BAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>he hasn't found the byrgenwerth student hat that lets him attend a lecture led by Amygdala

So, I'm playing through the DLC and when I was getting invaded by Brador, the first time he showed up, I tumbled off the bridge and died to fall damage and now he won't show up there (but did in the other three places). If I kill him in his cell, will I still get his stuff?

>he attended the lecture

yes, aftr you kill him ust search the spot where he doesnt show up, the item will be on the floor

S L I D E R S

L

I

D

E

R

S

Thanks.

Hey where that Madman Amelia-user used to farm 16% Phys triangles? Was it the standard Hintertomb or a Root/ Lower/ Lower Root?

i literally only have a ps4 for this gen and have the bb plat. just dont get what you'd still be doing in this game lol

Where do i put my leftover points in a skill build?

At 40/20/10/50/7/8 it puts me at bl 85, do i raise vit to 50, str to 25 or blt?

Are you planning it or already deep into it? Lone Survivor would be better to start with. If you plan on using Burial Blade, Saif, Church Pick, Saw Spear, any other Skill weapon with some Strength scaling go 25 Str. If you're sticking to Rakuyo, BoM, Bowblade, etc with little to no Str scaling, go with Vit. Don't bother with 25 Blt.

Still planning it, why lone survivor instead of professional?

It moves the extra point from Arc into Str, which is more useful since it'll let you use Loch Shield. Your best options are Military Veteran: 45/12/25/50/10/6 or Lone Survivor: 50/20/11/50/10/7, which both leave you at 98 if you care about the meme meta. There's never a reason to pick Professional over the other two unless you plan to add Arc for Tools in a Skill build.

So how do I get the bloodborne platinum theme? I got the plat a week or so ago and they emailed me 4 days ago with a congratulations email but no code for a theme? I thought that was how it worked but

It should come shortly after the congratulating email, maybe sometime within the week.

thanks good hunter, just wanted to make sure

so what are your theories about who crowsteele is? lets hear some meme worthy theories

always assumed he's a hunter of hunters from cainhurst

How do i get out of the rape dungeon bbg everyone is rapibg me like im a cute middle school girl

Anyone wants to coop?

>98
Why thoooo

absolutely no one is forcing you to stick to the 98 meme meta
go 97 or 120 if you want to do you really need to be told what to do like a little girl

It ended up like this for reasons. If you want to fc with us stop anywhere between 80 and 120.

>try smashing Annalise before giving the invitation to Alfred
>she falls on the floor painting heavily
As expected of the vilewhore but now I'm considerably aroused.

>My blood! You've spiled my blood!
Damn that fight was intense but this way he can enjoy his martyrdom without doing sudoku.

Bump.

where's that image showing a list of all the weapons and guns and magical items in the game?

A niggling little thing, is there any tell am missing which teaches which enemies which can be parried ? Stuff like the village mob I assumed you could, but stuff like the giant that strolls outta the church in the dlc which is guarding the firey cleric beast looking thing could be parried, which at first I thought it was too big to fall for that shit.

Does the axe benefit from blunt gems?

Only tricked

Thank you

Quick, post your Veeky Forums hoonters!

>buy this game
>already loving the atmosphere and setting
>die at the first beast you encounter
>eh whatever
>get my weapons and tips from the hub and return to kill the beast pretty easily
>go outside and I'm immersed by everything
>this game is pretty good so far
>find my way to central yharnam and encounter the mobs and patrols
>try to be stealthy with pebbles but end up dying 4 times, the last time getting mauled by a fucking dog
>kill them all on my next attempt but I'm out of pebbles now
>sneak past that big fucker and kill some crows
>get wrecked by two dogs up some stairs
>I'm back to square one and lost all of my blood, and I know that dog has all of it
>get killed by the mob again
>start over
>get back to the dogs and patrol at the staircase
>slay them
>the big fucker caught wind and gives chase
>I run up to the bridge and see two more werewolves
>figure I have to take them out now
>get 3 hits in that don't do shit then I get mauled
>I start back over yet again
>watch some gameplay on youtube and see the staircase I was supposed to go down and some armor I could have found in a dungeon
>after all of that is said and done I see you end back up at the damn beginning
>quit the game and uninstall out of anger

is it like this throughout the whole game? you die at the last part only to play the whole thing over again? I really wanna like this game and play it but shit, if it's gonna be like this I can't deal with the repetitive nature. I understand that returning to the hub is what saves your progress, but the enemies don't respawn do they?

Gitgud

ebic bro

That loop you described is actually a really useful shortcut. As trite as "git gud" is, that's really the baseline advice. The key to combat is timing: learn how long it takes your weapons to swing and recover, get an enemy alone and learn his attacks and how to dodge them, and DON'T BUTTON MASH, it triggers tunnel vision and locks you into an attack animation right when the rest of the mob winds up. As general advice for early game groups, use the secondary function of your weapon: all the starting ones have much wider swings when opened, allowing you to juggle the crowd instead of working your way through them one at a time.

>getting angry you wind up back at the beginning

You are the first person I have ever seen to be mad at the concept of a shortcut

You need more eyes.

user, the games allure comes from increasing your skill and understanding how an enemy moves and attacks. I spent a stupid amount of time in central Yharnam on my first playthorugh and now I clear it in about 1hr. The real fun comes when you encounter a boss and you have a whole new unique enemy to learn how to beat, some of the best moments where Gasgoines boss fight where every death i had to learn something from him.

I was getting the hang of the combat, using my pistol and got a couple of visceral kills and using the secondary function like you described, and it definitely helped with range. I had the guys trapped in staircases and I made quick work of them at one point. I get how you're supposed to play, dodge in, get some quick hits in then dodge back out. I just don't know if I have the patience to start all over again and kill the same people if I end up dying, which I assume will be a lot early on.

>spending a fucking hour in central yharnam

What the fuck? Are you doing a BL4 fist only run?

just run past them, most enemies won't follow you for long

I didn't know it was a shortcut, you don't get any log of what you're doing or supposed to do, I didn't know where to go until I watched a walk-through. I haven't used a guide in years but I guess I will on this one.

I did go in blind

Agreed, the learning curve is rough up through the first mandatory boss. First, I suggest you get back to the bridge: just run past the Resident Evil 4 tribute and the werewolves and bum rush the far end of the bridge. That's going to sound like really stupid advice when you get there, but after that you'll be able to level up, and from there you can grab some echoes, pull back and spend them before going out again. Also, save your vials if you can, drop rates decrease the more times you kill an enemy.

It's an inside joke, you'll figure it out eventually.

See what I did there?

>Ebriatas and Cleric Beast used to be in the Grand Cathedral
>Amelia was in the Witches' Abode

Project Beast was a whole different ball game

who is this dildo

so run past the werewolves to the far end of the bridge? yeah that doesn't sound promising for me, but I'll try it. what happens then? I get killed by the boss and level up?

Yeah hardyharhar

yes you level up when you die

Short version: you need 1 insight before you can level up, and laying eyes on a boss gives you 1 insight.

alright then. I guess I'll reinstall it and start a new game, try to build up as much blood as I can and then spend it on some armor at the hub. is that hunter armor in the dungeon worth getting?

(cont) It's a straight suicide run, but the rewards are worth it. Also, if you didn't see it, there's a drop to the left of that first guy who smashes through the boxes that'll skip the stair mob

Armor is very simplified compared to Dark Souls. Hunter garb, bought or scavenged is arguably the best general-purpose armor in the game.

Should I
>start farming FRC for gems on my limited Str char
>make a limited Skl char
>continue pumping Arc all the way to 99 on my Arc char
?

Ebrietas is still in the Grand Cathedral.

There's like two or three madman's knowledge items you can grab before you even see the first boss.

I just realized the poncho Hobuki is wearing is actually the Doll's clothes.

Does anyone want to run through the Defiled chalice with me? Ringing at the layer one lamp
Lv: 100
Pass: bbg

so I'll try to go for that then. I think I have a decent run at it now. I know where all the enemies are and can handle the mob and patrol guys. just to clarify, I kill those guys at the fire and past the beast, make my way across the bridge going down to the dungeon, grab that armor, haul ass back to the lantern through the house, then to go to the hub, any enemies I kill won't respawn will they? so when I restart I'll have that armor and whatever else I can afford with the blood I gained, should make it somewhat easier.

Yeah just go get the free armor. The Blood you spend to buy it will let you level up 4 times or so that early on. And while it might be a bit spoilery... I recommend looking at the BB weapon list, picking you're favorite one, and start leveling up for it. Thats the best way to play BB.

Holy Moonlight Sword is shit.

You're doing it wrong.

The armor in the sewers is better for the most part than the one you can buy. In fact it's one of the best sets when it comes to physical defenses.
Enemies respawn when you die or return to the Hunter's Dream.
Not sure if they do if use the bold hunter's mark (returns you back to the last lamp used, but not to the Dream).

Not that guy, but I fucking love the threaded cane, started with the saw cleaver and I didn't like it very much.

Cane 4 lyfe.

they respawn

>Yharnam Sunrise ending
>the nightmare is over and the Church is destroyed
>wake up powerless in a city crawling with nameless horrors
>have to sneak your way out
>have to live with the knowledge of the horrible truth of the universe the rest of your life

Much like Lovecraft's stories themselves, it's not what Cthulhu IS that's scary, it's what Cthulhu MEANS that's supposed to be scary.