/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/promo/20170116_weekly_sale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Custom Rulers / Cutsom Nations when? I think it'd be an easily-sellable DLC if there was a tool to create nations or leaders in-game.

simple 2d map and tactical symbols will always be superior to 3dpigdisgusting

>barfight

So, Collectivism is a bad idea -- or so I've been told.

Would Fanatic Individualist/Xenophobe be appropriate for playing as Emperor Space-Bastard the IV?

How about Individualist/Materialist/Xenophobe?

Do I need to go whole-hog with Individualist to avoid factions, or would the Happiness bonus of Direct Democracy be enough to keep my Pops productive?

The plan is to rapidly expand using conquered primitives, then exploit the Horizon Signal, purge the primitives, and re-colonize the now empty planets with my upgraded Pops.

Do other xeno empires hate you as much if you demand 'Abandon Planet' instead of 'Cede Planet' as a war goal?

I always take militarist/xenophobe/materalist and don't have a problem with factions. The "symbol of purity" is a wonderful building that doesn't require power for it's +10% happy. With materialist you can also do the +5%/+10% happy democracy government.

Never got the abandon planet war goal but vassalling an enemy empire causes threat to go into the hundreds making diplomacy impossible.

I can remove some characters from the endless legend resources and still have it line up next thread.
- were more character intensive than _, but - were more appealing for some.

I can also remove the
>Last thread:
>Last thread:
That was a bit stupid from me to not doublecheck it.

>everyone uses the same default shit font

Honestly looks disgusting lad

It only makes sense to base it on the standard font.

>I always take militarist/xenophobe/materalist and don't have a problem with factions
That's because NOBODY has a problem with factions. They're underpowered to the point of bugged.

Might be a late reply, but whatever:

>if i leave leftover picks after race creation, do i get them back plus the 4 from research?
I don't remember exactly if you kept leftover picks. I do remember that they gave you extra score points.
>Dictatorship to imperium, morale boost?
Exactly, once you upgrade, you lose the -20% morale without barracks, and barracks gets you a +20% bonus. It's fairly easy to get a ~+70% morale bonus with imperium once you have all the morale buildings
>Democracy and filthy xenos
The most you can do is resettle them. Then again, i always played with dictatorship, so i might be wrong.
>Tax rate
It reduces production, up to the % you have set the taxes. By late game, if you're doing it right, you can set them to 0% and still make tens of thousands of BC.
Usually, once you research galactic currency exchange you can forget about taxes because you'll be swimming in cash

>i just ignore toxic altogether, they have absolutely nothing going for them
Same here, the only thing they are good for is being a target for a stellar converter + planet construction on the resulting asteroid field

Why can't I build a holy site here (Civ6)? The game won't let me build it there. Do I need to clear the rainforest first? What am I doing wrong?

I'm willing to bet that its' because you don't have passage to that area within your borders. If you buy the 1/2 tile for 75 gold right next to it, it should allow constructiion.

>What am I doing wrong?
Playing Civ Vi thats what

I'll agree with you that factions don't even register as a problem if you're taking some measures to improve happiness on your worlds. However, if you're just making sweeping conquests and colonising en masse then chucking them in a sector before they're ready then yeah factions can bite you in the ass, mostly when you're at war with someone.

I've certainly witnessed big AI empires having serious problems with them, especially if they've just come off second best in a war or are already currently fighting one. They'll often lose multiple worlds to independents in swathes if their navy strength has taken a beating.

You have mining so you can place the holy site on forests, since you can clear forests.

You don't have bronze working, so you can't clear rainforests since you can't clear them yet.

That's what I'm guessing.

Holy sheet, you are right. Gotta get the bronze first. Thanks.

that's a big cock piece

>Military Republic, military academies and combat centres on every world
>Service Guarantees Citizenship
>Immigration agreements early on with fellow Democratic Crusaders bro-Empires
>Reptillian Drax, Mammalian Jos-Werni, Arthropoid-Yibrak. Life is good in our Empire, many flock to our newly colonized worlds.
>Vote is still Primary Species. You don't serve, you don't vote.
>War were declared.
>Muster 20 regiments from 4 worlds and 6 different species
>World after world feels the stomp of our boot. A dozen worlds, a dozen different battlefields.
>The strong Drax in particular make good a account of themselves
>The fleets and armies return to the Capital for their Triumph
>The vote to open up a Free Vote passes unanimously
>20 good years later we have our first Drax president.

Will you serve?
Also, goddamn does it feel good to have Honourbound Warriors for your vassals.

Told you wraith rush is OP.

Why is nobody casting Fireball on the dumbfucks?

You did?

I am fond of pigs

Last thread, or the one before that. Someone posted a pic with different builds, and I mentioned wraiths were incorporeal etc.

Because you don't send them against other wizards, you send them to conquer neutrals.

>Last thread, or the one before that. Someone posted a pic with different builds, and I mentioned wraiths were incorporeal etc.
Ah.
Yeah I know Wraiths are good that that's why Wraiths were listed in the picture. I've done it before.

>Letting xeno scum migrate into you're empire
top cuck

Gives real meaning to the term snowniggers

New purge types below and something else to the right it seems.

I start replaying stellaris again after 1.4 and dlc's but im currently at 2400 and didnt get any of those event like awakened empires or unbidden or othershits. Is my game bugged or i need to complate quest or what?

cool

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck i really have to learn hoiw to play that game .. So awesome

what's this ÒvÓ

city state named after an african city placed in snow

>livestock slavery
That's grim.

wonder what the food bonus for that is..and the diplo malus.

>That's grim.
It depends on the context. Instead of growing food in a hydroponic farm, you grow plantoid population for food.
In the end it all comes to growing plants for food

>It depends on the context
Ultimately, it's still eating a sentient species.

Now I want to create a patriarchy that enslave and eat vegans and feminists, while using tumblrtards as battle thralls.

sapient

I didn't take it to mean anything with food at all because livestock is already animal slavery.

I took it to relate to your pops. Maybe a qt slave of your own species for the purpose of reproduction and continuing the livestock of the species.

It obviously means eating the slaves. The edict is clearly related to the role of slavery in your society
Also there's tons of sci fi precedent for it.
Alien waifu slaves would definitely fall under domestic servitude.

>>Vote is still Primary Species. You don't serve, you don't vote.
You can manually change which species/planets can vote and which can't, or is this whole thing RP?

>grim

Shindoll taught me otherwise.

It looks like you'll be able to give citizenship to specific races with the next update

I can't find the developer diary about it, are they leaked pictures or something?

Here you can see the different kinds of citizenship

>It looks like you'll be able to give citizenship to specific races with the next update
About time.
So fucking weird that wasn't in there at the start.

Cant wait for the mod to change livestock to sexual slavery

True
And the roadmap Wiz posted does look good although I'm still afraid he will turn Stellaris in EU IV in space

pretty sure that is covered under "domestic servitude".

So any ETA for the next patch? They seem to be every other month.

Soon™

Which trait mods you guys use with stellaris?

def. not in January

I just use the extended batch of Alpha Mod stuff

I've been using that too, but the extra resources just seem to be bloat. It's easier to just use power plants and mining networks than to screw around with the added resource buildings.

confused dick.jpeg

One of the main complaints about Stellaris is the oversimplification of resources, and the lack of impact special resources have. Alphamod is at least attempting to fix it.
You could just install the standalone Expanded Traits and Ethics mod.

>its one corvette stops your troop transports from warping out

Fucknig hate these fucking ships.

>start a war
>move fleet
>energy per month goes to -300

Welp I am fucked.

Traits Redux and Extended Traits, plus the government-specific traits from Ethics & government Rebuilt.

Mostly because they more of an extension of vanilla traits and because the AI is not smart enough to make good decisions regarding pops ad their traits.

>gog.com/promo/20170116_weekly_sale
>galactic civilizations 2 is 5€ instead of 20€
TAKE MY MONEY

What about the other games, by the way? Sorcerer King, Ashes of the Singularity, Star Control, Fallen Enchantress?

FE is shit, Sorcerer king is somehow even worse.

star control 3 isn't worth it; if you mean 2, just download the Ur'Quan Masters (freeware, superior in all ways)

>FE is shit
Well, fuck.

So what about Ashes of the Singularity or Offworld Trading Company?

Should i go with Alphamod or Stellaris Zero?

I liked Fallen Enchantress. Post apocalyptic fantasy world 4x with quests.

>Post apocalyptic fantasy world
That's new.

don't know about AotS
OTC is only worth it if you have friends to play it with (so; not)

>if you have friends to play it with
Hahahaha... ;_;

Fanatic Individualist/Materialist?

-or-

Individualist/Materialist/Xenophobe?

There are 3 main trait mods:

Extended Traits > Additional Traits > Traits Redux

I've also ordered them by number of ratting and subscribers.
Trait redux is not that popular compared to the first two.

So really dunno which one to pick.

pls

Fanatic individualist / militarist conquer the galaxy and ignore pops you just conquered.

Also another question do you know if Ethic&Government Rebuild is compatible with Stellar Policies (new policies and edicts) both are quite popular.

Yes it is

Sorry I was thinking of Stellaris+(Techs and Policies Module)
But it looks like they are quite similar

roll

>still no weeaboo strategy game
WHERE THE CATGIRLS AT?

sengoku rance you nerd

There's also Thea: The Awakening with a similar concept.

that's more of a rpg than a true 4x, you never even expand to make another town and it's got a railroaded plot .

Sounds boring, to be honest.

But still better than Amon's stuff.

Individualist/Materialist/Militarist

Good balance, individualist ethos for rulling easily after the occupation malus goes away and materialist for science directorate regime so you can pick your favorite techs at mid game. Militarist always helps ofc.

Other good regimes would be individualist, fanatic materialist Plutocratic Oligarchy (with industrious and thrifty traits) for sheer greed or fanatic xenophobe Despotic Empire for big borders.

Thea is kicking my ass.

>Take Xenophobe so that you can purge/enslave the alien.
>Haven't purged or enslaved a single one because it's too much of a hassle.

Maybe Militarist IS the way to go...

Use Collectivist.
No diplomacy minus and you can enslave/purge everyone ontop of having less food consumption.

But then you deal with factions -- and I don't enslave or purge regardless, so it's pointless.

Cuck.

Then youre a beta and purging causes no factions, only for a short moment.

If you dont enslave then use individualist. Thats exactly what its used for.

Xenophobes work sonely on slavery, collectivism works on slavery in the beginning then it reduces ethics divergence and frees everyone (once you have the mind control laser and comissairs) and individualist allows you to rule with ethics divergence easily.

Purging is stupid from an effective gameplay point of view. You are discarding resources (pops).

Sometimes pops can be destructive. Removing that destructive resource can lead to a net increase in resources.

if your empire relies on war and you get some prancing hippies in your planets then you will have problem with wartime resources going down to shitter.

Sometimes getting rid of the troublesome elements, recently conquered xenos with incompatible ethics and without traits to make them worth the hassle for instance is more efficient than wasting time and influence waiting for them to convert to your PoV

>You are discarding resources (pops).
You're discarding faulty gears from your machine, that will end up being replaced by (hopefully) right gears
Also, fuck hippies that complain for everything