/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Aymeric and Maintenance Edition

>Heavensturn (December 31st - January 16th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

>3.5 Preliminary Notes
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1bbb52f23cb2a462dec0230aa523d0406f57ed97

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Red Mage Teaser:
streamable.com/25l4x

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 update info from Famitsu
famitsu.com/news/201701/05124262.html

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6roTXrTziQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for hauchefaunt

>Full 3.5 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

Will add to next thread if I make it too.

Are males allowed to post during maintenance?

I'm going to marry an elezen~!

Full patch notes.

>no seph, nid and soph glow weapons
>scathach confirmed scathach
>miniature can be crafted

Post only your finest midlanders during maintenance.

>Anima's final stage is the Light stage
Called it (was not a hard call to make)

Wonder what the best most efficient light-grinder is gonna be. Garuda Hard again?

What is the deal with aura? Pls someone explain.

Also if i lefel pld to 60 is my gld also 60?

>/spectacles
AW YISS

GARO gear is the new pvp gear.
Looks like we will have time until Stormblood to get them.

only catboys
only without clothes

>Wanting the shittiest of primal (and a shade of a retarded dragon) glows
Loot whores get out

EXP gained for crafting and gathering has been increased for levels 1 to 55.

The amount of EXP rewarded for successfully completing crafter and gatherer guildleves has been increased.

Only guildleves for levels 1 to 55 will be affected by this change.

* Crafting EXP bonuses awarded for the first-time synthesis of each of the recipes has been raised.
* EXP awarded upon completing fishing and crafting leves, as well as supply and provisioning missions, will not be affected by this change.

Rejoice you lazy bastards.

Highlanders

WHO
THE
FUCK
CARES

They sell for over 10m on day 1 and i have multiple ex mats of each.

HOLY SHIT
PATCH OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS

>hippie weapon it gay leaves
>pixilated purple kool-aid dust on weapons
>piss sparkles
>people seriously want this on weapons
LMAO

I have brain dead syndrome please explain what this means for someone whos never leveled any DoH/DoL, is it easier now? Harder?

Easier

>You can now put your chub in an Aquarium
All the fish are pretty easy to get for this run around, if anyone's wanting to get some more unique stuff for their aquarium.

It also means it's not going to be that profitable, for anyone who might have been hoping for a small window for profit.

more exp gained
less time
easier to hit 55

Yes and that's why you rip them off.

Data mine when?

I want to know what the final ilevel of these relics will be, either i270 or 275

Aww ye-
>only without clothes
Oh...
>The following items can now be crafted without a specialization:
wew

If it's anything like last time, it will be like 5 ilevel more than the raid tier weapons.

The amount of MGP players can obtain when trading cards to the Triple Triad trader NPC has been increased.
5MGP → 100MGP
10MGP → 300MGP
50MGP → 500MGP
200MGP → 800MGP
600MGP → 1500MGP

Cards are now a good way to farm MGP, especially since the newest dungeons have them as drops.

That's nice, I was too lazy to trade in a bunch of cards I had from the last few days so the boost is neat.

>running a 10 min dungeon for a chance at 1500 mgp

Are you fucking stupid?

Fenirfags on suicide watch

You cap scripture weekly anyways. It's a nice bonus to get a few hundred MGP on top of farming actual TT NPC's
I grinded fenrir before wondrous tails came out and neither that nor this really bothers me.

The difficulty for synthesizing HQ items using Quick Synthesis has been reduced.

Higher gear attributes in relation to the recipe's difficulty will increase your chances of crafting HQ items.

I hope it shows the HQ chance on the UI somewhere when using quick synth and if it's not 100% anyways, then you might as well just do it manually if you need the HQ chance.

Yes and? I've ran nidex 99 times the past month and got 20 5 star cards. What makes you think that's a good farming method?

Sure it's a nice bonus on top of farming primals since their cards are always 5* but doing dungeons for mgp is extremely dumb.

>Hey Now, You're an All-star
What an incredible achievement title

>Players who have not played the game in 45 days or more, and have at least one class or job at level 50 or above, will now receive the Returner status.

Players who receive the Returner status are eligible to accept the Returner's Bounty, which consists of the following:
Access to the Novice Network.
An EXP bonus when partying with a Mentor up to level 20.
The Returner online status icon.

>Players can now invite qualifying offline friends and free company members to return and play the game during certain campaign periods.

>When activating the group pose or idling camera functions, your online status will be changed to Camera Mode.
* This option can be disabled under the Other Settings tab of the System Configuration interface.
>The Extras tab has been added to the Actions & Traits interface, containing the Group Pose and Idling Camera commands.
These commands can now be set to your hotbar or cross hotbar.

Don't forget to turn it off you creepshotting freaks

I'm still mad over female Au Ra, female Xaela in general.

>Zurvan weapons are called Zurvanite
Well

I said that the cards are farmable, not that running dungeons is the best way to do it.
It is obviously a nice bonus, especially for people that don't have many cards unlocked, you autistic mongoloid.

>sold several dozen TT cards in the past couple of days

im triggered

Can I play with the grey cat now with cross party duty finder.

Maybe you should have read the prelim patch notes then since this was in there

If anyone actually cares about the names of the Relic weapons they are;

Paladin: Aettir & Priwen
War: Minos
Dark: Cronus

Monk: Nyepels
Drg: Areadbhar
Nin: Sandungs

Brd: Terpander
Mch: Deathlocke
Blm: Kaladanda
Smn: Mimesis

Ast: Canopus
Sch: Anabasis
Whm: Sindri

Newbie here.

Just finished Heavensward and I didn't expect the sultana to perish. Would have rather wanted her to leave the throne and become a member of the Scions...

forever a dream ;-;

It's possible, user.

>Unbending Steel Orchestrion Roll
WELP
NOW I KNOW WHAT WILL PLAY IN MY HOUSE 24/7
youtube.com/watch?v=FV_IP4mNJCI

>sandungs
>nyepels

>Smn: Mimesis
damn so close to memesis

first phase song is better

>Deathlocke
Oh boy, this is gonna be a hell of a retarded gun I can't w-
>Sindri
SINDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

>Priwen
That sounds so familiar

>The Hand That Gives the Rose Orchestrion Roll
WELL YOU'RE IN LUCK LAD
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6roTXrTziQ

now we're fucking talking

Wtf? That's such an uninspired list of crap. None of it even has any relation to famous/mythical weapons.

dude what
she lives on a farm, she takes care of and loves spending time with her animals, she gardens and enjoys that shit, she's into fashion and cooking. she likes going out into nature. that's plenty of interests outside internet.
>only affection for 2d characters
you what
meria loves the shit out of other real people including friends and family
>no personality other than memes
???
she's the sweetest fucking person I know and she's helped me through some really tough shit. she's kind and funny.
>existence relies on other internet people
she fucks off for months to do whatever she feels like doing offline what are you on about

she barely fucking posts here, it's thirsty creepers and orbiters and scorned thirstlords she turned down that do because MUH GIRL IN MY VIDYA and she's in a shitton of different social circles

leave it in that thread

So deep in the booty he's brown necking wew

This is the thread where we talk about the game.
Please leave and end your life you pathetic faggot.

>that fucking barding
edgy and awesome

damn finished a bit early.

Here you go, my gift for you xivg.

Forever Friends
Wall-mounted

A commissioned oil painting of Paplymo and Yda─Archons, Scions, Heroes...and friends. Original artist unknown.

Wouldn't surprise me if Papalymo if dies

Prydwen. King Arthur's ship.

Cute! Thanks for that.

Try googling the names, retard

where is the extra lewd version?

Oh wow this looks awesome! Do you have a tumblr or anything?

I'm not the guy you're responding to but the fact you responded to an old thread makes you look dumb and really white knighty. Get a hobby.

4792865 on pixiv, tumblr doesn't have everything.

Nice, giving you a bookmark and follow.

Oh snap, that's you?
I really love your art!

> {/pet} art
omg I love your art now

Ahh that's you! Neat!

This is not entirely on topic but... i really like your soft coloring. Do you have a tutorial anywhere or anything I should know? I'm struggling the hardest with coloring

Awwwe shit it is!

How about you try googling 'em? About the only one that has any relation to an actual weapon is the DRG spear.

10 minutes after the patch goes live and people start playing the game and talking about it:

"Shit thread, post butts" - Shana and Ada.

And no relevant content will be cleared by them. Just watch it.

Saved for shitposting the moment it happens

Don't start drawing poor avatartrash and you can stay

They're all related to things that are thematically related to their jobs. Do you really think all good weapons are named after OTHER weapons?

Implying they won't start doing it before the servers are even up

I have unlocked hunts now because I've been told I can get gear trough hunts.

Do I have to trade that for the tokens I get trough hunts? Do I only aquire that trough weekly hunts?
Is there a ranking system for hunts (like in FFXV) and I need to get a higher hunting rank before I get gear for the hunts?

I'm very confused, sorry..

yeah draw me!
just kidding
nice pic senpai

This, but it will be funny seeing tsunderie going apeshit from boredom as everyone plays the game but him, he'll just continue his dance

Thank you.
On the topic of tutorials i think you'll find greater help on pixiv, there are some really good ones that go into a lot of detail. I would link you a bunch of bookmarks but lost a lot of shit last month due HDD dying.
Can't even redirect you to /a/ drawthreads since the OP doesn't have the resource pastebin anymore.

This kitty has claws 'w'

well shit. thanks anyway ;_;

who?

and an outfit that makes her look homeless

Cats?

>I would link you a bunch of bookmarks but lost a lot of shit last month due HDD dying
You can set up browser profiles in Firefox and Chrome which will store your bookmarks, history (whatever you want) in the cloud and syncs that with your browser.

yeah paplymo dies

Good, mash the taters.

I am..

Yea i got a backup drive since then, the worst was really losing my xiv macros. Took me almost a day to setup everything again.

Hunts are incredibly simple.

You have 4 ranks of Hunt.

C rank hunts are normal enemies, you can pick up the bills for them at a hunt board. ARR hunts only offer 1 C rank hunt bill per day, but it features 2 FATE bosses and a few normal enemies. Something like 50-60 seals per day this way.

B rank hunts are also offered via the hunt board but you can only take on 1 per week. They're a little harder but not really challenging and should give you no trouble solo. They can be a little hard to find sometimes as they spawn seemingly randomly around certain spots on the map. They have no respawn timer really so if you miss a kill just keep looking as another has popped up somewhere.

A Rank hunts are open with no bill required for reward, they're similar to rare spawns in other MMO. They have somewhat lengthy respawn timers and offer more of a challenge as well as slightly more rewards. Bring a group if you're on level with them or at least be aware of mechanics if you're above and trying to solo.

S Ranks also require no bill and only spawn after very long timers and many under extremely specific conditions are met in specific locations. They are very difficult compared to A ranks and you will almost certainly not be soloing so you will absolutely need a large group so announce the spawn in Party Finder and you'll have a following in no time as they're highly sought after. The biggest rewards.

>chemo woke up

Was good being able to post and chill out this weekend without your spam and "avatar avenging" or whatever.

Good morning!

I'm new to this game and it says that the severs are going to be down till tomorrow night, is that really true or does it come up earlier?

I'm kind of getting addicted to the game. I'm a level 46 dragoon currently. What class should I level up next or should I try to do one of the crafting or gathering classes?

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for explaining!
Are the A and S rank mobs the ones with the blue, spikey icon next to their name?

WAR is a fun tank if you want to try that, has a similar brutal physicality that I feel DRG has.

and yeah the games down for a full 24 hours, probably like 20 hours left