/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a possible fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/pavolpi
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/0cf6a468e11d07676f3f1cea1f07950d013bfa22#chg-scripts/mask_hud.script
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

first for dutyfags and ecoscum should kill themselves

second for freedomfags being subhumans

help status: sent

how do i edit technician repair costs?

is stalker best game?

cant find anyone selling it sadly

>Defending Complete

Try the daddy of the Yantar.

Hi, I'm not a veteran like much of you. Because of that i need some recommendations. I want to play misery but i'm not sure if i need to add some more on it to make it really enjoyable. Is vanilla misery is fine or should i get Les miserables. Any other addons i should look for?

misery on rookie mode

also starts as sniper/assaulter without black road/dark mode

DoctorX Questlines or Story Mode?

>mfw warfighter addon + m249

New to CoC, what do the faction patches do? Do you just collect them?

Why not both?

you can sell them, collect them for bragging rights or if you have itemsoup you can use them for minor outfit repairs

Used for item repairs in itemsoup/call of misery. Other than that they can be sold to traders.

Thanks.

They're not mutually exclusive.

misery 2.1.1 vanilla is fine
start assaulter or sniper for decent starting weapon
do quests that need no shooting or abuse npc to do that for you, eg the shevchenko attack you can just shoot the bandits once they get inside and let the stalkers to the rest, same with the ranger station, the succ lair you can just hide in a corner while the other guy kills them, then go get the gas and gas them for free veles from beard
at dredge station give the artifact away when the other stalkers stop you, then run behind the guy and shoot him when out of sight from his pals to get artifact back and shit
buy eco suit as soon you got the money so you can artifact hunt for cash and F R E E nightvision
skin all mutants, buy the portable stove and fule jerrycans from beard, cooking all meat except tushkanos and selling them to beard brings you in positive sell parts to him too, scientist wont pay you more
in misery jam chance is capped at 50% durability so even shit condition weapons are usable
buy a hunting shotgun and a 45 pistol with du rounds whenever you got the cash, they will carry you until pripyat underpass, by then you will have the trapper shotgun and strelok gun which are perfectly fine until the end, ump with DU rounds still beats both
get the missing hunters quest going asap, at the end when tremor kills himself you will loot the full medic inventory off him which means lots of cash and consumables
weapon proficiency is a meme, if you find a sniper rifle as assaulter or recon keep it and abuse it
military batteries have the best cash/charge ratio, never buy other batteries
never repair low condition weapons, jut save to buy new ones and the consumables to repair them at high condition (eg gun oil)
i used to carry a broken assault rifle with grenade launcher for the occasional surprise chimera or pseudogiant

docX disables cancelling quest and when a dozen of them pile up because of bugs that makes them not completable is annoying

also remember to always use AP rounds for rifles because in misery armor matters, dont be a retard that shoots exos with 9mm and cry muh sponges

None of that sounds fun at all.

Dude seeking more chill spawns here, I've just tested DoctorX desolation with online exclusion radius at 100 and population factor .25. The zone is definitely a lot quieter now. Maybe a little too quiet. I ran into a few squads in Army Warehouses but that is to be expected. In all of the Garbage I only met one group of stalkers, some in the central hangar. The Duty guys I shot up at the Rostok southern entrance hadn't respawned by the time I made my way back up through there so that was nice. Merc base feels a little too deserted for my tastes with only one squad aside from the mechanic and trader. Gonna keep testing.

>cooking all meat except tushkanos and selling them to beard brings you in positive
Really? IIRC this is correct if you can find fuel, but not if you have to buy it.

just play vanilla and rambo clear water plant at the beginning then? your call, nobody forces you to play with mods

from beard you can buy 8 fuels "charges" for 1600 which means if you sell a cooked meat for more than 200 you gain from it, the only cooked meat that sells for les than 200 at beard is tushkano

It's called being good at the game and being rewarded for it instead of inventory checks.

Is anybody using this?
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/pavolpi

Which version is best out of the 4?
I'm considering using it since leather jacket bandits are shrugging off up to four 9x39mm and two 7.62x54r to the chest on master, which is frankly unacceptable.

>the inventory check meme
upvoted and subscribed, the only inventory checks in misery are the underpass (like vanilla) and noah path to plateau (fire res armor or stimpacks to just tank the damage)
the people that complain about misery are most likely the same that got shitfaced at car park in soc and dropped the game

Yeah, you are correct. Just checked. Boar meat costs ~150Ru if you sell it. Cooked one is ~540.
1 charge is 200; you're gaining 290 Ru per boar meat + empty canister.

>cant go to the brain scorcher without psychic helmet
fucking inventory checks

1. or 2. for misery?

dont bother with CoP misery, instead play Call of misery for CoC, its much better

>he is not good at the game enough to deactivate brain scorcher before dying of psi damage
fucking casual

Fuck misery and fuck misery fanboys

Greetings, /sg/. I'd like to ask a question. But before I do,

firstly, before you read the question and decide to give it an answer, think deeply about what you want to say as an answer to the said question. Then think about what I want to hear. I want to hear a clear fucking answer, regardless of the eventual quality of the question I might ask you. At this point, you might want to shove any stupid, totally hilarious meme up your shitter, because that's where it belonged in the first place. I've come here to ask a question and start an eventual sensible discussion involving said question, not witness yet another shitty in-jokes spewed by a couple of degenerates for shits and giggles. And I won't be afraid to say it again - I want a clear, comprehensible answer which is relevant to my question and offers a clean and efficient solution to the problem, because as one wise man said, "There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers."

Secondly, If you choose not to comply to any of the standards I mentioned above and will send me a completely stupid, meme-ridden reply or any shitty witty zinger that's completely irrelevant to the question I asked, do not expect a reply of any kind from me. Any posts which do not bring a constructive solution or an answer do not deserve to be heard, read or even exist. It's not my fault you chose to show some basic standards of meaningful contribution to the discussion and act like an uneducated, malignant troglodyte so you might as well go wallow in your own filth. Of course you might get oh so glorious attention from individuals of your kind, but thankfully we're all self-aware enough to recognize your insatiable hunger for attention which you have the privilege of never getting, anytime, from anybody capable of critical thought. If you want to be heard, make it worth my time.

Now that we're through this, here's the question I wanted to ask.

How do you install Call of Misery?

Your continued existence is abhorrent.
Please cease your vital functions as quickly as possibly.

Kill yourself

coc 1.4.12 > coc 1.4.16 > com 1.0c > eng.trans
or repack > eng trans

Thank you kindly.

Pro merc tip for CoC: deactivate the miracle machine ASAP so you don't have to bother with fighting through Duty in Rostok every time you want to go south.

You're just the other side of the same shitty coin, dipshit.

But killing these dogs every time makes the journey so much more enjoyable.

>mfw I realize you're right

Fuck em

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/0cf6a468e11d07676f3f1cea1f07950d013bfa22#chg-scripts/mask_hud.script
>Smurth's mask HUD also being merged into CoC along with Outfit Addon

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

those fucking overlays better be optional

>branch: dark
Most likely for the official CoM

How do you know its smurths hud and not their own or someone elses hud though?

I mean, it's already optional in Smurth's hud so sure. But the default textures are pretty lacking, personally I found the ones in AA2 to be the best.

Says at the start of the file I linked:

+-- Actor Effects by Smurth
+-- Original code by Rulix aka Bak:
+-- rewritten for Coc by Nuor

It's in a different branch, Smurth Hud isn't being added into CoC.

Yeah I didn't notice that, my bad.

If this is just leading up to an official CoM then I'm going to be disappointed.

the only thing i want from Call of misery which should have been in coc since the "official" version is the ability to light fucking campfires.

DocX Questlines' readme says to leave storymode unchecked. You're not supposed to run both together afaik

Who would want to play official unflexible CoM with 2.2 being developed for 3 years when some drunk slav (CoM is his first stalker mod) has tremendously higher production rate and actually listens to community?

Does questlines still break Azazel mode?

I like the idea of the overlays and the effects, but it's impossible to see out of the exosuit/gas mask.

Has anyone made less obtrusive textures? Maybe just some vignetting?

AA2 had a nice one, I think it was originally from Misery.

Wonder why, I've never had any problem with both.

A while ago people were talking about editing the npc files in CoC to make NPCs more accurate. Can someone give me a refresher on what to do?

Some user made an alternate unobtrusive mask overlay for smurth's. Mega link's a couple threads back, I think.

I think it's changing hit_probability_max_dist in weapons.ltx or something.

someone pls?

>moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/pavolpi

pick light option, 1 AP 7.62x54r kills everything below sunrise suit, usually 4 Ap 5.45x39 kills rookie bandits

There's a variety of things you can do. If you're using STCoP, will bring NPC accuracy back to where it should be.

if you want to go further than that, simply editing actor.ltx and removing your chance to "dodge" shots (functionally it's just a percent chance to delete projectiles that actually hit you) with the hit_probability_gd lines is an easy solution.

If you want to increase the accuracy of NPCs themselves, open m_stalker and m_stalker_zombied and search "disp_" which will lead you to the fire dispersion section which is the spread multipler for NPCs in that stance. 8 would be 8x the default spread of the weapon+ammo, for example, so lowering them will have NPCs that are more accurate.

Hey guys, anyone here played SGM 2.2 and can tell if it's any good? I haven't played stalker in ages and it seems like a nice overhaul mod.

no, play sgm 1.7

Has anyone managed to get anti-aliasing working in DirectX 11? Forcing AA only works for me in DirectX 9...

Does Weaponsgulash or outfit addon fuck the NPC spawn equipment up? I'm playing as a merc and out of the 30 bandits/freedumbs I've killed 27 of them only had shotguns or pistols. Is there anyway to change this?

>rescue bloodsucker victim in dark valley
>gives me a quest to find a boar and kick it
>locate boar near gauss rifle scamming niggers
>chase it and kick it several times
>quest complete
>HSSSKKKCHHHH
>fucking mole rats ripped straight out of fallout 3/new vegas chasing me
>stop and go to knife one in the face
>collides with me and shoots me like 200 feet in the sky
>fall to my death

I swear this is such a fucking meme mod.

Stream it

Weapongoulash alters NPC loadouts and gives low ranking NPCs low ranking weapons. It's a bit excessive.

>com is larger than coc
How come? can they not apply changes without swapping the entire thing?

>How come

Maker is a hack who doesn't know how to handle textures.

don't forget about autumn addon and weapons
it's rather he is gifted who doesn't know to handle textures
it does have some useless textures and also sounds as somebody mentioned it few threads ago

You lie

how come?

If you ever looked at CoP and thought: "You know what would make this really good? Broken, tedious quests, more crashes, and a bunch of shitty RPG elements shoehorned in", SGM is right up your alley.

>has tremendously higher production rate
the only thing com does better than vanilla memery is campfires and not running like shit, the real dealbreaker is that com is being actively developed while 2.2 is ray of hopeware

why do slavs use yandex? mega has the 5gb limit but doesn't have the "hurr this file has been downloaded too many times" bullshit

They don't speak english.

Where can I find weapon soup/goulash? Also is the CoC mod maps from all 3 games?

Also recommend mods for CoC

Fuck off you wanker

so you enjoy staying frozen while eating/using medkits/etc? you enjoy spawns with tons of mutants? non enjoyable dark mode and generally inflexible game options? a bunch of new features? this is what it has for now
2.2 is going to be more polished with few new features, updated AN4 and that's it. there's already a playthrough by some Russian guy
they likely just don't know about it and/or too lazy to start using it

read the first 2 posts, they answer all

kill yourself

>being able to walk and chew gum at the same time
unrealistic as fuck, kill yoseff

>so you enjoy staying frozen while eating/using medkits/etc?

misery has a clear distinction between "combat" and "non combat" consumables, if mashing f1 during fights is your ideal stalker experience the mod just isnt for you, plus com handles stuff the same way

>you enjoy spawns with tons of mutants?
given how much cash mutant meat cooking nets you on the long run its actually a good thing, com is harder because quests give joke rewards and less mutants to skin

>non enjoyable dark mode
dark mode is a meme just like ironman to lenghten the feature list

>inflexible game options?
vanilla misery isn't a freeplay sandbox like com, it doesn't need gamechanging options, again you are mad you can't find apples at the butcher's

Do artifacts still only respawn in the area you're in during an emission in CoCk? It was annoying that there were often no artifacts at all for entire areas because they didn't respawn.

Thanks guys

Anyway of changing stalker respawns to 0 in CoC?

I only know how to set respawn_idle to a ridiculously huge number to prevent shit from spawning for, like, 100,000 real hours

That doesn't seem to work due to the float variable that is called for that function. Even setting shit to say, 3 million seconds, I'll still get respawns when I sleep.

>misery has a clear distinction between "combat" and "non combat"
I didn't say I play without animations
true, but being able to set it on/off makes gameplay more versatile for the audience - that was my point
>mutants
some places in 2.1 had too many muties; two chimeras seemed very inorganic to me
>dark mode is a meme
not anymore
it's very nice in com and doesn't necessarily forces you to play only at night
>vanilla misery isn't a freeplay sandbox
it kind of can be, after you finish the game
> you are mad you can't find apples at the butcher's
I'm not mad, I just disagree that with the first part of your post

the point is that many of things that you perceive as better make sense only in the fuckaround coc setting

if cop misery had the disable item animation it would make 50% of the inventory useless as every "quick" item like the sugar syringes and stimpacks wouldn't have sense anymore because their point was the instant use, and were priced more for that reason

What are some good gulash Mercenary/freedom/NATO in general guns? I have a SIG-500 addiction and I want to break it by easing off first with similar NATO weaponry and then completely break it with PACT weapons or ww2 weaponry.

I think they are better for those who wish they were optional; irrelevant for those who constantly play with them

>these items that bypass completely arbitrary and artificial restrictions are less valuable when those completely arbitrary and artificial restrictions are lifted
really makes you think