/ovg/ - Final hours of Daytona Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help (link currently dead,RBDK pls fix) :
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

get-good.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pics of the /ovg/ meet when

WTCC 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
21:00 UTC on Knockhill

first for akneemay skins are pretty cool

lambocrashis

I agree

ATTENTION ATTENTION RBDK!!!
The skin guide link is broken.
Please fix

Two nukes weren't enough

fuck you

Can't be fucked
I'm too busy making anime skins

Is iracing worth the retarded high pricing?
I have a decent PC and I'm looking to get into racing sims. Should I just go with rFactor 2?

No

If you want to race against people at all hours of the day, it's worth it. If you want to test drive, hot lap, and collect cars it's the least worth-it place you can possibly be.

Buy into RaceRoom, and wait for their similar system that's coming later this year.

rFactor 2 multiplayer requires a subscription too right?

Not anymore

Not anymore.

Isn't that game pay to win? The steam reviews were pretty bad and made it seem that way.

Not anymore

depends on what you want
iRacing is the best when it comes to multiplayer racing, but it isn't really worth the cost of all cars and tracks. Getting a discount subscription and racing with the Miatas and other free cars is worth it though, and then you can decide wether or not you want more or just keep it at that

rFactor 2 has great AI, but sadly lacks in content. The new developer studio responsible for it might spark interest for mod authors again, but we will have to wait and see. Currently, the multiplayer for that game is almost dead

no, Studio 397 abolished the online pass in december. Now, anyone can play in multiplayer

>people are still wondering if you need a subscription to play online
Damn that game is even more fucked than I thought. Which is a good thing because fuck ISI and whoever bought it.

Not anymore

Y'all got anymore of them anime skins?

Steam reviews are written by normies, ignore. It's basically got the same pay model as iRacing, minus the initial subscription fee.

Not anymore

I'll probably buy a 1 month subscription to iracing and fuck around with miatas to see if I like it. Most of the /ovg/ races I see anons posting about like the gt3 cup cars are iracing right?

No. Like iRacing you pay for cars/tracks, but it's vastly cheaper. I have spent 500 dollars on iRacing, half is subscription and the other half is content, and i still don't own most stuff.

On the other hand RaceRoom all content costs 65 Euro, and you don't have to pay to race Online

We don't race in iRacing
The GT3 Cup webms are from Assetto Corsa, and we're also currently running a series using GT3 cars in rFactor 1

No. It's rFactor or Assetto Corsa. Check the wiki/doc.

And wtcc cars on rfactor today.

What's the free cars and tracks scene like?
Does anyone race with them?
Can you grind for better shit?

>What's the free cars and tracks scene like?
It's possible to get lobbies but expect Forza like racing because the people that race free content are absolute shitters.

>Can you grind for better shit?

No you buy it like iRacing

Can't have that which does not exist.

Anyone playing pCARS on the ps4?

That's /orc/ tough

Is this a new meme I missed?

Aikawa a qt

>ovg lore so deep it needs a chart

Hi funny LMPC man

It's not SJ's league

yes it is

Nah SJ isn't even racing and gave up on VTCC because everyone does /ovgt3/.

Once again ovg wins

no the races still happen

How can /ogc/ even compete?

VTCC is "delayed until further notice".

That's management speak for cancelled

>Is iracing worth the retarded high pricing?
If you have time to race often, like on weekdays and weekends iracing is worth it.

If not and you just race on saturdays/sundays than go with AC or grab rf1 off the wiki and come race with us.

do you just lurk discord/8ch to shitpost here?

>get-good.net
The light version from the wiki or buy the full thing on steam?

yea you guys get constantly get upset about it so i keep doing it for lulz

The lite version off the wiki, works fine and install mods as you please. Don't buy RF 1 on steam my guy.

/b/ is that way >>>>>>>

>lulz
God damm it.

What a funny man!

Fin, we both know VTCC is canceled. Stop being in denial. SJ is now an operator.

>implying i'm gfin

OLLLLIIIIVVVEEEERRRRRRRRRR

NEVER BEFORE HAS A BOY WANTED MORE

Who even won last night?

Pastor twice

There was a meet like a year ago at Brands Hatch

Original /ovgt3/ in rfactor was best.

The link on the wiki for the FIA gt3 mod for rFactor is down. Does anyone have the link?

You need to be more especific my dude

We're using this now
mega dot nz/#!eAczWKyQ!Sv0q8kR24OjcGJoYK6q2P9zCQNMzAwssFABltKEraI0

In what way? The people who went or...?

i went

Me too

i went to both

Anyone still playing this shit?

i was there when the shadow government got free shit from the vending machine

I haven't played in forever, what have they added? I was hoping for something exciting with the Touge mode but instead it's p. lame tbqh

I guess they fiddled with modes a bit, but I never bothered, since they always were undercooked. Depends on when you last played, big things since I started are superchargers and V8 swaps. Plus lots of cars and cosmetic bits like decals, new wheels and bodykits.

They added touge?

which racing game should I play?

Whiplash

The union

Fatal Racing

they should have called it wangan. its a drag race with rolling start. not really what everyone wanted.

Yeah, it's basically just the SP mode from TXR on a highway with cars to dodge.

Hey /ovg/, what are the good racing games on PS4?

Whiplash

Pcars

I got it, the driving is really nice, but the game is empty and the menu are worse than GT1 (I never see menus as stupid as PCars).

Driveclub i guess? Are there any other racing games on PS4? If you like rally get Dirt, WRC6 or SLRE

>WRC6
I have WRC5, are they different?

Nope, they're both poorly made cash grabs.

It's an improvement over WRC5. Still not near DR or SLRE

So?

>DR or SLRE
What are the diff between those two?

DR runs at 60FPS, and is more polished, but lacks content.

SLRE runs at 30FPS, a bit rough(sounds especially are horrible), but has better simulation value than DR, and more stages + cars. If you can get both, but otherwise i would say get Dirt Rally, and SLRE if it's on sale.

OK. Thank for the information.

How do I mirror left side of livery once it is done in photoshop? I press Ctrl+alt to duplicate, then free transform and flip vertically or horizontally etc but it's hard to move it with 1pixel accuracy to right side. I'd like to gain symmetry through guide line.

the duct on the side looks too big also

dunno about gimp but in PS hold shift while moving a layer

Shift locks one axis, it doesn't allow to move up or down but lets say selection is 235 pixels from left edge and I want to move it to 235 pixels from right edge.
It's hard to get it accurately.

That GTLM 488 was close

Scumbag #10 Cadillac spinning #5 out the way.

If /ovg/ was entering the Rolex 24 next year, who would you choose to be in the team?

What class and car?

A Miata or some other meme car in CTSC would make more sense