So let's say I'm looking for a fairly cheap non-haldex AWD car. I'm a poorfag so new WRXs are out of question...

So let's say I'm looking for a fairly cheap non-haldex AWD car. I'm a poorfag so new WRXs are out of question. On the other hand shit like Subaru Justy doesn't interest me either.

What are my options?

1992 Suzuki jimny

Legacy/Outback wagon. And Forester.

Imprezas, even outback sports are retarded expensive. But nobody wants Legacy based cars right now.

However, they're tough to buy. Good ones can be had for less than $2k, but between head gasket issues and torque bind, they can be tricky.

The 2.5L Ej25x is trash from the factory. If the HG's have been replaced, then they're alright. Do not buy any 2.5L N/A subaru that has not had head gaskets done.

Subarus are deceptively well cared for. The interiors are usually in phenomenal shape. Depending where you live, rust may or may not be an issue. However, those damn engines...

Audi A4 1.8T

Sx4

I have a 2007 Impreza Outback sport. AWD, 2.5 boxer, and the 2.5 really only has head gaskets pre 2005. the post 2005 ej253 is solid. 5 speed and beats v6 chargers for fun

>engine in front of the front axle
>have to take the entire front off for a timing belt job
>OIL SLUDGE
>VAG in general

>not getting the almost bulletproof 2.8

I had the 2.8 B5 and trust me its not that billetproof.

What happened? I have one. Engine wise those can last deep past 300k miles if taken care of properly
Leaky gaskets is probably the worst thing but it's cheap to fix

amc eagle

B5 Passat 4motion

Honda Element, Toyota matrix, used AWD "luxury" cars like Acuras and Cadillacs

jdm toyota altezza

oh wait you don't have those

THIS
Or any Honda with RT4WD

bmw 330xi
can be had for under 4k

mechanical AWD (38% F / 62% R)

He said non-haldex pablo

If you work on cars a lot non of those things are worth getting worked up about. OP is not looking for a sports car.

Acuras don't use Haldex, Jamal

It was drinking coolant, but I have desu it was a pretty fun engine with impressive torque.
Mine wasnt taken carr of properly so its not a good example.

Tercel AWD
Corolla alltrac
Camry alltrac