What truck do you like more?

Hello Veeky Forums. I'm looking at getting a 1/2 ton truck in March. I'm obviously not going to buy a fucking Dodge Ram because they are pieces of shit.

I plan on getting a truck with a V8, crew cab, 4WD, and I am hoping to get an auxiliary transmission cooler as well, but that's not required. I expect to be towing maybe once or twice a month for long distances, and driving it every day otherwise.

So would you buy a Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 V8, or the Ford F150 with the 5.0 V8?

The Chevy offers better gas millage by about 2-3 MPG, which will add up at the end of the year, but the Ford has a higher quality suspension, especially for towing; from what I have heard. I am shooting to find one made between 2012 and 2014 with approximately 60k miles on it, and for around $25k hopefully, and will make a $5-6000 downpayment on it. I know I should pay cash, but I would like the credit history for buying a house in a couple years.

So with the parameters of 2012-2014, V8, Crewcab, and 4WD. Would you buy a Ford or a Chevy 1/2 ton?

Other urls found in this thread:

f150hub.com/trans/6r80.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gxK3vFNyYxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think thats up to you really

go test drive both of them, compare stuff, compare warranties and prices

Why get a 4wd for towing? Heavier and worse gas mileage. The vortec is probably one of the most tried and true truck engines out there, can't go wrong with a 5.3

Would like to have the option. To me I don't really see any reason not to get 4WD other than mileage.

Just get a 1L hot hatch with and rent a trailer when you need to tow something! Americans are so dum n fat!!

If you find yourself in a situation where 2wd is what you need and you have 4wd, you are good to go.
If you find yourself in a situation where 4wd is what you need and you have 2wd, you are fucked with a rake, nigger.

they don't even make 4wd, its fucking awd and theres a button you can do to change between rwd and awd

I own a 2014 f150 with the 3.7 L v6 (300 horse, 7k redline, fuck off) and a 6 speed auto. Its not a bad truck, but if I could go back I wouldve never bought it. The transmission always seems to be confused about what gear to be in and I'm convinced its just a 3speed with a splitter not a true 6 speed. Its also sluggish as fuck with throttle inputs, but this is my first automatic so maybe thats normal? However, if this truck had a manual transmission, and a bench seat I would be happy with it.

If I could go back though, I wouldn't've bought it, I should've grabbed a shitbox commuter (geo or something) and kept my 2500 Chevy.

In 2014 I also test drove chevys but didnt like them as much. The seats were uncomfortable for my back, the v6 and 5.3 felt sluggish compared to the base ford engine, and there wasn't as much room behind the drivers seat for stuff.

>its fucking awd

Do you know the difference between AWD and 4WD?

Because F150's and Silverados are most certainly 4WD. An electric transfer case does not make it AWD.

Theres a switch on my F250 that lets me switch between rwd, 4wd L and 4wd H

I had a 13 and I have no serious complaints about it. 5.0 4x4 RCLB.

I test drove the chevy and the ford and chose the ford because it was 3k cheaper in exact same configuration. In addition my number one deal breaker was a truck not idling from a stop. The chevys at the dealership at I test drove would not idle forward when you take foot off of the gas, and when applying gas put way to much power to the wheels to fast. Made it fuck hard to catch on the ice.

Exactly, that's 4WD.

This is on the lariat and platinums, read: soccer mom models.

I always have leaned towards Ford because my dad worked for them growing up and that's what vehicles we always had. When I was shopping for my truck I was consistently finding that Chevy retained their value much better than Ford does. A 2010 Silverado with 80k on it cost just as much as my 2013 that had 29k on it. I have the XL super cab with the 3.7 6 speed and it suits my needs just fine. At the end of it all I'd say to test drive them both and just decide which one you like the best.

I was just looking up to see if that 6 speed was a 3 speed with a splitter and I found out its the same transmission from our 3.7Ls all the way up to the superdutys with the 6.2L gas motor. Heres to not having transmission problems ever, kek.

f150hub.com/trans/6r80.html

I personally own a Tacoma cause it's built in America and Toyota reliability.

>inb4 Frame rust
Yeah yeah, a simple rust coating will do. I don't have any rust.

I was going to get a tacoma but really autistic about 8ft bed due to doing lots of woodworking

Tundra? I personally want something smaller, like as small as the 90s Toyota Pickup, regret selling that bullet-proof truck.

Really didnt like tundras when I drove them. They just "feel" big. Worked at a toyota dealership and was never a fan. Good reliability but bad mpg in comparison and overpriced.

That's a great find thanks for the link

>faggots needing to be explained what truck is perfect yet again

sigh...

should've gotten the longer bed, you are going to need it to carry all the rust you'll have on your hands.

>rust
weight reduction feature

stupid toyotatoddlers when will they ever learn

youtube.com/watch?v=gxK3vFNyYxQ

>own 01 Tundra in Ontario (aka Salt Road City)
>frame is still mint because I'm not a retard

enjoy your unreliable 'american' trash

>buying a rusted out vehicle
>not a mint one
get skilled
the tundra is an american truck

that's the 'joke'...

Not a retard brand-bro
I like my Silverado

Highs - very comfy seats, good driving position, easy to work on, strong brakes

Lows - 4.3 has ok power, shit fuel econ

wasn't a good one

my oc is reposted

thank you based user

Pls consider Tundra. Very powerful, so roomy, pretty reliable and look great modded

They did use shitty steel for the frames, which sucks balls if you live where they salt the roads

but I'm in Texas and my frame's as solid as ever

>25k

are you okay with an XL or work Truck trim package? Anything more than that and you're looking at upward of 30k. Trucks maintain their values very well OP. if you want features and options for 25 it's better too look at 05-10

>Would you buy a Ford or a Chevy 1/2 ton?
Chevy.
The Fords tend to have reliability problems the second the warranty is up.

>I was just pretending to be retarded