3300lb MINIMUM

>3300lb MINIMUM

What went wrong bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/bmw-z4-sales-figures.html
goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/porsche-boxster-sales-figures.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NytwmMfmHJk&index=3&list=FLf71e7QO4Fn1uUX3uTO9yUQ
bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2016/Z4/Z4sDrive28i/Features_and_Specs/Z4sDrive28iSpecifications.aspx
bmwusa.com/vehicles/z4.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ZE FOCUS GRUPPE SAID WIR MUSSEN MAKE IT LUXURIOUS AUTO

In other words, BMW has no fucking clue how to make a roadster.

its BMW

if you want a shitbox with an open top get a Mazda

That's why the Z3 and Z4 cost so little on the secondary market yeah?

>making your roadster the size of an m4

BMW YES

There's 850 pounds of hype in the trunk

One and a half metric tons isn't even that much for a modern car. Quick reminder that the Corvette with its amazing tiny pushrod aluminium V8 and plastic body starts at the same weight.

>people don't care about the badge bro! it's just a good car bro!

>yfw the weight bias goes rearward with the top down

If you want a nice German convertible, you get a Boxster.
Trophy wives have deep pockets.

>that bigass long hood
>3500lb

Fuck it, might as well just drive a full size sedan at that point.

yeah thats why they get Boxsters

Yeah, because people actually buy Boxsters. Nobody buys the Z4.
goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/bmw-z4-sales-figures.html
goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/porsche-boxster-sales-figures.html

have u even driven one?

The Z4 28i alone drives pretty great and fun to hit corners with. The 35is version is even better with the N54.

You guys are fucking insane. You glorify the GT-R which is over 4000lb yet talk shit on a special snowflake roadster built specifically for fun that weighs almost 1000lbs less than your chink shit awd

Except that the Z4 is shorter than a Ford Focus hatchback.

youtube.com/watch?v=NytwmMfmHJk&index=3&list=FLf71e7QO4Fn1uUX3uTO9yUQ
>2900lbs
>seat 4 comfortably
>only badge whores would get a z4

Maybe after you drive lengthwise over a Focus with a steamroller.

Could get a shelby cobra already assembled for half the price

and only faggots would get a Saturn

>almost 1000lbs less

Try 500lb unless you want the anemic 4-cyclinder that's still a pigfat 3300lb.

>hurr why is it okay for a nissan GT car to weigh more than a fucking roadster

>6.2L V8 with a chassis that requires no additional stiffening when given a 650hp+ version of the engine, with a gearbox capable of holding more torque than any road car BMW have ever made (including their most powerful diesel)
>As wide as the current 7 series
And yet BMW can't make a fucking roadster lighter

The GTR is an AWD supercar, not a RWD roadster

5 inches shorter, and even then the Focus at least has the advantage of not having the majority of that length in the hood.

You know how much shorter the new Miata is compared to the Z4? 12 inches. 12 fucking inches.

b-but Deutsche Übermenschen

>make a comfortable roadster
>HURR IT NEEDS TO BE A BAREBONES SHITBOX LIKE A MIATA
>WEIGHT IS ALL THAT MATTERS

kek

then you end up with a literal pile of garbage tho

Fucking soccer moms ruining literally everything.

>tfw not even allowed to die in a tinfoil car colliding at 25mph anymore

>We're going to build a small fuel efficient hatchback
>Let's start with a 120" chassis
You are this stupid

Boxster costs the same.
It's faster.
It drives better.
It's lighter.

>tfw bmwfags can't roadster

The miata is also slow in comparison

only faggots would care about something as meaningless as a brand
>this just in badges dont have anything to do with the car

The Miata is also $20000 cheaper.

I guess with cameras and lane assist you dont even need windows in a car nowadays

retarded example

doesnt work

its also bigger
has less room inside
less luxury
gets worse mpg

benchracers lmao

The factory five kits are actually pretty good. you could fuck it up by being a retard on the rest of the build but you would have to try really hard

its a Mustang with a bodykit isnt it

I dont care how "good" it is its a piece of shit

it will never be as comfortable or relaxing to drive

The base model Z4, which starts at $49,700 ($24,785 more than the Miata starts for in the US), is a whole whopping 0.1 second quicker to 60. WOW!!!!

I don't think it's just the bloat/safety thing that is creating so many shitty diluted cars. For decades the premium manufacturers made sports cars, GTs, luxury sedans, all well defined and a small team set out to build a car to fulfill each niche. Now you have huge fragmented teams building cars that either try to do everything and fail or don't really have any direction at all, using parts from wherever else rather than ones conceived for that model, the Z4 in the OP is a good example, what is it? A GT? No, it's too small in the wrong places and not powerful enough. A sports car? Not really, too fat and too laden with extraneous shit. What is it?

>I dont care how "good" it is its a piece of shit

Veeky Forums in one sentence.

A slightly used 2013 Z4 35i costs cheaper than a brand new MX5 yet it is much faster than the new MX5 on track. Seems like a pretty good roadster to me

the Z4 28i weighs in at 3252 lbs

GT-R weighs in at 3915 lbs

Thats 663 lbs more.

Take your pigfat and go home

Thats the base kit if you use a foxbody donor chassis, the full kit is great

What, like BMW drivers?
>tfw you think anyone buying a roadster is obsessing over interiors or MPG

0.1 seconds? try 2.1 seconds
Also a used Z4 35i costs about $20k
Miatafags btfo
>inb4 muh maintenance costs

>50% depreciation in 3 years

its because everything has to be a compromise these days. you can't market a car as a toy because nobody has a spare parking space. the notchback coupe is dead because muh luggage space. manuals are dead because "my wife wants to drive it".

styling and fun are dead because "practicality" is king. and everyone needs a 4 seater at all times

that's why you dont buy new
unless you don't care about moneys

He said base model you plebeian fuck. You posted the 35i.

more like 35-40k

All BMW drivers are buying new because the Z4 depreciates so hard that nobody wants it. Also, used german cars are the ultimate poorfagmobile.

uhh i don't know where you are getting your info from but that is complete utter bullshit nigga

the base model Z4 28i hits 60 in 5.4 seconds w/auto and 5.5 w/stick.

miata w/ the lsd and upgraded tires hits 60 in 5.8 seconds

bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2016/Z4/Z4sDrive28i/Features_and_Specs/Z4sDrive28iSpecifications.aspx

>memelaps

BMW's site claims 5.6 seconds for the base Z4 (which btw, is not even what you have in your picture), vs Mazda claiming 5.7 for the Miata.

>muh used prices

m8 might as well just get a used NA and throw in a 1000hp engine for a grand total of $10k if we're going this route.

A 1000 hp Z4 would still be quicker around track because of its much more advanced suspension and chassis
A 1000hp miata would be undrivable on track

1000hp Miata is easier to make than a 1000hp Z4.

ITT: BMWfags try to make the Z4 look good by comparing it to a car that costs half as much.

The N52/N54 are very durable and easily tunable engines so I doubt it since Miatas are NA

>euro pigfat

Nobody would try to get 1000hp out of a 1.6 or 1.8. You would go LS, which is

God that is ugly

Nope. And wiki lists the current GT-R at 3,840 lb. Probably not accurate, but I can't find the weight on Nissan's site.

Also since we're getting this autistic, 663lb (or 577lb) is way closer to 500lb than 1000lb.

And to the pigfat GT-R's credit, it's a big GT car with track times at the forefront of its purpose. The Z4 is obviously nowhere CLOSE to the GT-R on the track, which is fine, but it's also heavier than 90% of new family sedans sold these days. It completely fails as a roadster.

A 1000hp LS would make the miata even more undriveable
it would either be a drift car or a dragster
except a used sdrive35is costs cheaper than a new miata

>GTR
>Supercar
hahahahahaha

Literally straight from BMW's own website.

bmwusa.com/vehicles/z4.html

Not as ugly as the Z4.

I think all new cars are ugly. I would never defend bmw

>comparing MSRP of cheap car to used price of bad expensive car that depreciates 60% in 3 years.

if it has good enough power, suspension & brakes to manage the weight, it doesn't matter 1 bit

it is all relative, and the weight probably helps with better traction

im not even a big bmw fan

>weight helping with anything

Weight can negatively affect traction in turns due to momentum

No, it definitely matters. A hellcat is still going to feel like a big heavy piece of shit compared to a Miata even with nicer suspension, brakes, and a higher power to weight ratio.

Literally the entire point of a roadster is it's supposed to be fun, light, and toss-able. If you can't keep your """roadster""" under 3000lb, then don't even fucking bother.

If you double the weight of a car, high school physics says you'll have twice as much grip. It also, however, says it'll accelerate exactly as fast, since it takes twice the force to move twice as fast.

However, tires don't behave like high school physics implies they should, they're more complex than that. Therefore, heavier, more powerful cars don't hook up as well as lighter cars without much more tire.

100% this. There is simply no substitute for light weight.

Modern safety regulations.

literally straight from BMW.com

5.5 verses 5.8 Miata BTFO

I didn't deny your's was from BMW, just pointing out that mine was as well. There's really no point in arguing about this when BMW themselves can't get their shit together.

WHY DO THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME

The Boxster weighs 3010 lbs
Are you impying the Boxster is worse than a Miata

Not a roadster, just a regular sports car with a convertible option. Sexy af tho.

my corvette is 3,444lbs

the engine, brakes, tires, and suspension make it super responsive and you wouldn't assume it's OMG OVER 3000

tossable? wtf does that even mean. like salad-tossing in your fucking miata? give me a break

it's all relative.

c6 z06 weighed 3,130 lb man. That thing is heavy.

The Z4 is a 7 year old model and Porsche released a new 718 Boxster last year
new car sells more no shit

>just over 1.5 tons
>>heavy

big horsepower numbers and rear wheel drive make up for it.

No, the C6 and up definitely feel fat. They're fast on the track, but there's no mistaking that feeling of terminal pigfatness.

>premium brand cant make a simple car

whew

Hmm... Actually now that I think about it, you're right. I wish I never bought this piece of shit.

>american education

>oh no cars become exponentially more expensive with a linear increase in performance
GJ Einstein, how many decades did it take you to come to this conclusion?

I like how all these plebs who drive 100 hp miatas complain about a BMW being "heavy" even though it would wipe the floor with all of their 90s japanese econoboxes

It must be a real shock to these people who are used to driving cars that can only make it around corners due to not weighing anything, but BMW actually knows how suspension works, and can make cars that handle well

>b-but the miata is more fun

If I wanted performance over small, lightweight fun, I wouldn't be looking at a roadster in the first place. A fucking Mustang GT will smoke a Z4 on the track and in a straight line for 20 grand less.

just buy a miata like we know you all want to and shut up

kek, assmad bmw cuck. Not good at anything!

>implying 0.3 of a second matters in real life.
it doesnt even matter much in track. just depends on driver at that point.
>oh my car is 0.3 faster than you. and crazy more expens. what an achivement.

Your mustang GT is not faster than the Z4 35is
keep dreaming

Boxsters have always sold more, and that's before you consider the Cayman which is just a Boxster with a roof

yes, then it just comes down to what you like better.

Personally i would rather be in a BMW sports car than a miata as it's not even close looks wise. The Z4 will look good in 10 years, the miata not so much..

That grill looks like a baleen

>muh looks
What are you, a woman?

So if the performance of a car negligible, all that is left is how it looks and the quality of the interior.

In that case, the BMW is a better looking car and has a much better interior.

Plus i would never drive a fucking miata since i enjoy not looking like a faggot

>BMW
>nice interiors
>worried about looking like a faggot

Are you 16?

kek. And this is a last gen GT vs the very best Z4, a current gen would smoke it, let alone a more comparably priced GT350R, which is still several grand cheaper than the 35is.