Now that is has been dead six years, what is your opinion on the Ford Panther Platform on the whole?

Now that is has been dead six years, what is your opinion on the Ford Panther Platform on the whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2764964
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>worse than a corolla
Terrible car

the fedoras of the automotive world

also shit gas milage

I like some parts of them, hate some parts of them, but on the whole it was death of what I consider the last of the true American cars.

Rear Wheel drive, gas guzzling (although not as bad as made out), body on frame, V8 for no real reason, comfy as shit, everything electric breaks all the time, but the engine and the transmission lasts for-fucking-ever because of how detuned they are so they basically never have to work hard.

I loved the platform, although I am biased because I have positive memories of driving a big ass boxy Lincoln Town car with a super cute filipina for many months who loved to suck dick stretched out nude on the front leather bench seats while going on road trips since the windows were heavily tinted and it tickled her kink for public exhibitionism.

You know what sucks?

I have worn trench coats and fedoras, drove a town car, and sported a beard since the late 90's.

I ain't changing any time soon, but the fedora wearing neckbeard meme has really put a cramp on my style.

They waste lots of gas and they are underpowered
But I still love the way they look

>Waste a lot of gas

I get 23 MPG in mine.

>Underpowered

They aren't super powerful by any means, of course, but they have plenty of juice to get up and move.

yes that's highway mpg. then you drive in the city and you get 12mpg really is shit

Stap '11 was the probably the best panther meet there was, not that I can remember most of it.

As for panthers in general, they aren't really that good, but I'll keep stockpiling boxes anyways, I enjoy how they drive.

Specs suck, rides comfy as fuck, super reliable.

>mfw first car was 2001 Crown Vic
>stopped driving it at 225k miles
>tranny was fucked for two years, no overdrive unless you kept throttle pinned and clicked it on
>still on the road today

Panther blah blah panther blah blah panther panther

This is my second panther. My first was wrecked when a dudebro in a lifted Sierra ran a red a tboned me

Good cars my dudes

Walked away without a scratch

My old 2003 LX with 200 k on the clock

>tfw I see my old Vic in the picture

the feelz

goat

rip Ford Falcon Platform 2015
RIP GM Zeta platform 2017

You are the protoneckbeard!

Its the GOAT shitbox.

>cheap
>bulletproof reliability
>rwd

Everything you need nothing you dont

RIP mine

180k miles - 40mph offset impact in the rain because some bitch needed to leave her gym really quickly and pulled out in front of my invisible car

expensive/useless in NZ

Grey car, gray overcast rainy weather, not entirely implausible. were your headlights on, user?

Yes of course. I was accelerating after narrowly squeezing by a large box truck that left me almost no room in my lane; my mind was stuck on "wow that was pretty close" and I regained attention to see a 2003 Tahoe stopped halfway into the road with nowhere to go. I was fucking pissed man

The Mercury Cougar was NOT on a Panther base. How ironic is that!!??

ugly shit cars

kinda glad they died as it was a relic from an era that needed to go

Well, they served a purpose. There is a need for large four door cars.

Good cars. People on Veeky Forums mock their speed but clearly they are not supposed to be fast, and they are still respectable enough with 0-60 in 8 seconds. Real comfy inside, with great steering brakes considering what kind of car it is.

They are built tough and very reliable. If they do break, parts are everywhere. Worth the increased gas cost easily.

I always figure you have to choose two out of three from cost, reliability and mileage.

I like the big, RWD 6-person cars with bench seats. The normal cars that could do everything, from when most families didn't have a car for every occasion. They had to do everything. I can even tow another 2-ton car with mine if I need to.

we have found him... neckbeard 0

t. numale

shit, man. This so much.

They are the last of their breed. last of the classical V8 sedans.

large, conservatively classically styled, comfortable, reliable, and with a slow but torque-y V8 withjust the right amount of power to be king of the Highway in a land made of long straight roads.

probably the best platform Ford ever produced. And I think it's just over 30 year lifespan is testament to that.

2003 Grand Merc here. It's my first car and I love every second of it. it's strange to find a generic automatic car satisfying to drive, but that styling, that column shifter, that comfy ride, and that lazy V8, man i never get tired of it.

also Digital Dash makes me feel like I'm in a fucking spaceship. Back when those were still interesting to look at.

I have to note though, while the trunk is massive, it is actually small at the same time. it isnt large so much as it is really deep. My dad has a 2014/5 Fusion, and at times it has more cargo space because it is wider. Not to mention my spare wheel gets in the fucking way for large things

on mine, you can remove the rear seats and wall to have an enormous storage bin, easily enough for me to sleep in if I wanted

mine doesnt have foldable seats that i can see.

The hell do you drive, a box wagon?

No sedans had folding seats (nor did the tudors), something I always thought was stupid.

I don't know about wagons, I drove one once and rode in another once. That was enough for me.

numale detected

japanese cars are gay

>V8 for no real reason
Is torque not a real reason? Having 280lb-ft of torque one pedal-stab away is useful as hell when you're talking about a 4,200lb car.

And for two generations the Mustang was on the Fox platform. Honestly, who even names this shit, right?

One of the few 00's cars that could tow worth a damn

A normal crown vic. There are clips on the wall behind the rear seat. Can pull that whole Fulkerson out. Still room for 3 in front.

I like them, but the only way I could own one is if it was a p71 converted to a t56. The 4 speed auto is a steaming pile of dogshit. A Bob Bondurant spec Cobra Vic would be amazing.

thank you for missing the point of the car

Yeah, yeah, comfy landbarge. However, what else exists that is either already a fast RWD 4 door with a manual or is easily converted to one? Charger doesn't count because I'll never buy a chrysler product.

well at the end of the day a Crown vic is a large family sedan with the heart of a Mustang, and the P71's have the suspension and such to back that up if they tune the engine up closer to mustang specs. there's a reason cops loved these fuckers. They could take loads and abuse, and if tuned, were basically mustangs with room for a perp in the back.

CV boys all bout dat projection

He's removing the rear seat not folding it

Not Tudors. Two doors

they're comfy

>Not Tudors. Two doors

crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2764964

Ford's been calling coupes "Tudors" since the Model A. Their sedans were called Fordors too, but that didn't stick around as long.