Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Zrr5y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for cute

xth for no 2nd dlc announcement
xth for it's going to be shit anywawy
xth for it's going to be more ds1 fanservice garbage
xth for it's going to give us another chillbite ring
xth for it's going to have 2 bosses, a reskinned ds2 boss and a slightly worse version of a random bloodborne boss with 3 healthbars

Reminder that if you twink, gank or go to FCs you are a bad player and a cheater too. Only those who solo finger or invade post SL 70 are allowed in this thread

says who

Invasions are more or less a terrible ratio of win/lose only if you don't play it smart or tryhard. You can forget about 'fun' builds and go for builds that can kill in a couple of hits or are suited for obscuring ring. You have a better chance on lower levels because summons are much more rare than meta levels where they are almost readily available.

Or just don't join PCFCBF's on /dsg/... cheating is really such a small, tiny segment of the overall PC population that you almost never run into them, especially if you avoid meta level aldrich invasions.

That's because at meta level (SL120-140) people have already beat the game so most of them are just going to be pro gank squads or pro lone hosts abusing the host advantages to the absolute maximum allowed. Good luck out-attritioning a lone host with tears, 15 estus, constantly running/rolling away with a SS and parry tool just turning-and-burning and parry one-shotting forever while easily maintaining his 1800-some-odd life, or summoner classes in a similar situation. Hope you enjoy using literally only one-shot builds because super high damage output is the only thing that's really viable and the host/phantoms have access to just as much broken one-shot shit if they want. Better be invading only at aldrich because good fucking luck beating a 1v3 at meta level unless people are just gonna walk into your sellsword DMB spin2win.

I mean granted I've done my fair share of SL130 aldrich invasions but it's mostly a shitshow. At low-mid levels you can get away with a lot more sorts of builds

> Get DS3 for Christmas
> Always heard great things about the multiplayer
> Try some invading
> Always ends up a 1v3
> Get accused of mob camping when I try to retreat
I don't see the appeal.

It sure would be nice if characters like the Emerald Herald or the DaS3 Firekeeper had some emotions to display in their dialogue

For Honor is less than a month away, and destroying scrub ganks will never go out of style. Griefing co-opers never gets old.

What is up with the undead pilgrims? Why are they turning into flying monsters later on in the game?

>get accused

wat

you can do whatever you want in an invasion short of using CE, user. the whole point of invasions are no rules. do whatever it takes that isn't literal cheating (even glitching is fine) to win, leave muh honor at the door.

when on a 1v3 situation its better to retreat and wait, it's likely that another red will join in a while

>For Honor is less than a month away

What the fuck does this have to do with anything

Do you think that game plays anything like souls?

Did you play the TA? If you got into the game, after 5 minutes you'd realize it's just real time rock paper scissors. Literally. Not even as hyperbole.

>no time travel mechanics like in Dark Souls II, where you meet loli firekeeper.

It's a shame.

Because Miyazaki forgot to add the reason. Just like a ton of shit that people have been contemplating over for the past 6 years.

Came back from a long uninstall of DS1 before Steam integration.

Did the community activity plummet, or did BSoft fuck up matchmaking when trying to remove GFWL?

>cheating is really such a small, tiny segment of the overall PC population that you almost never run into them

What's CE?

I tried that. I hid behind the giant in the cathedral and they all started messaging me calling me a mob camping noob.

It's the closest thing we'll get in the foreseeable future to DaS3 PvP that is actually competitive and balanced. Should effectively replace souls dueling entirely, invasions are still cool though.

How did you even die there?

plz use way of blue ...

>i dont understand how souls lore works

L O N D O R
O
N
D
O
R

That's when you take a screenshot and post it here so we can laugh at those morons.

Both actually!

I-it will totally be answered in the next DLC r-right?

>random name drops
>i dont need any kind of clue to how the lore works
>inb4 spoonfeeding

Message them back saying they are noobs who need to gank to take out one invader

Final twink I guess?

Lorian sword +1, shield doesn't even matter

Any last minute changes, perhaps a different armour set to try?

Why is every general filled with queerness of the gay kind?

>It's the closest thing we'll get in the foreseeable future to DaS3 PvP that is actually competitive and balanced.

Hey, wait, actually, no it's not and it's not even fucking remotely close and kill yourself

Again, did you play the TA?

Have you literally ever played the game ever at all at any point in your life?

It's not Dark Souls 3. It's not even a little like Dark Souls 3. It's knights, and it's combat, and so you've automatically assumed it's Dark Souls. Get the fuck off it. Play the game. It plays absolutely nothing like Dark Souls, not even in a remote way. It's like saying "Gears of War will replace Dark Souls".

>Both
....Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong general, the hetero general is two blocks down.

At low SLs you easily win with no skill needed. You need to gimp yourself to make them interesting, they got so boring I started using gimmick shit like tailbone or pontiff's scythe to keep them interesting, yet, most people still can't beat simple R1 spam. Just because it's not DaS chaos weapons tier, doesn't make them so much harder. Twinking still remains a crutch for players who need such help to win and I'm willing to bet if chain vanished and early raw weapons got nerfed but hosts summoning abilities also got nerfed, most twinks would give up without advantages to abuse.

Meta invasions get interesting because, like I said, no one holds back because they know not to, you actually can win around 50% of them(around how much I can, better players do even more) if you practice and abuse memorizing the level, areas to hide while using regen, hit and run tactics and so on, you can trump them by preying on their overconfidence and it's the sole place you can actually justify tryharding to the max.

FC is still on, but it could use some more people.

> Always heard great things about the multiplayer

you fell for the memes

He often wants you to fill in the blanks with your imagination though.

1v3 is part of the fun.

>Get accused of mob camping when I try to retreat
Who cares?

>comparing a shitty class perk system to a From game

For Honor is like dark souls if you were completely limited to the starting classes only with no upgrade options and you had to team up on people in order to beat them rock-paper-scissors style.

I'm hoping that all the "hardcore pvp" players go to For Honor once it's out so that the majority can resume playing dark souls 3 as intended

Is DaS3 dead on PS4 or is literally everyone just over in Ashes Undead Matches?

That's only because their opponents are usually noobies, not because invaders really have an advantage while twinking. Any time you win as an invader ever, you're relying on the fact that the host doesn't feel like running to the boss fog or just lightrolling around while resummoning or waiting for blues. I'm not arrogant enough to say I could kill any other ds3 player, but I'm beyond certain that I could avoid anyone at all if I wanted, even people far better at the game than me. If you can do much as a host, you win, even against a twink. If you really can't get any phantoms and the bridge to the boss is cut or something, then I guess it's a stalemate, but outside of that any invader victory was permitted by the host regardless of the invader being a twink or not.

>owning a nogamestation4

Should I use dried finger when I go through areas too whe using WoB?

And how was dark souls 3 "intended" to be played, exactly?

>behind the giant in the cathedral
that isn't even a hard mob for them to run past, what retards

YES!!!

Dark Souls 3 has been pretty fucking alive on on PC these last few weeks so I assume PS4 is alive and well. They have bloodborne too though I guess.

so are meta level aldrich invasions actually fun and challening or simply straight-up cancer? been reading the thread and i can't tell, opinions seem mixed.

I still get summoned for OoK in less than a minute after ringing

>not because invaders get an advantage twinking
Twinking is a very big advantage and a non twink good player is very unlikely to win unless the twink themselves is bad. Running to the boss fog is very unlikely since on NG people still have plenty of enemies you can trap them with and you can always use the surge bait into r1 to trick them. At high SLs people ARE looking for fights. I never had hosts actually manage to escape into fogs unless the enemies were dead already or we fought near the door, both sogns you can use to BC if you find that likely

>hornet ring
>no means of parrying
>only 1 slow-ass weapon, no fast back-up

Also, I'm not sure, but I think ripostes do shit damage if you don't meet the 1-handed requirements.

>>hornet ring
>>no means of parrying
Well, as the other user said, it's low level so breaking guard is easy, about the backup weapon, well not sure on that

>connection error
Signs were pretty dry anyways. FC over.
Thanks for coming.

>Running to the boss fog is very unlikely
nearly every single playthrough I run to the boss fog without killing enemies for anything but specific loot drops at this point

The reason why its unlikely is only because hosts are stupid, not because it's hard. I assure you I could strip off all my armor and roll away from you forever, even if you had 50+ stamina advantage.

Hiding in the Water Storage bonfire room embered with WoB and dry finger and then watching the souls roll in when mad spirits, cops, goofags, and fingers start fighting each other.

>ripostes do shit damage if you don't meet the 1-handed requirements.

Yes but fun fact if you 2 hand it before you riposte, it doesn't. Don't think there's enough time to weapon swap, 2 hand, then riposte though, at least I've never pulled it off. If you're using the weapon you're gonna riposte with and don't have to swap though you can definitely do it.

t. guy who invaded with a raw +4 great mace for a bit, only meeting the requirements while 2 handing it.

>made me kill dancer a third time for nothing

Thanks for hosting.

Just drop the shield for a blessed caestus dude. You're not going to use the shield anyway since you need to 2-hand your UGS to meet the requirements. Unzip the caestus when you want to parry.

Also yeah, I advise a fast back-up weapon. In that case a shield MIGHT be ok if the back-up weapon is best 1-handed.

t. someone with 350+ hours of pure invading in DaSIII

as a twink you can't upgrade the weapon all the way, which means the blessed infusion won't give you 2 hp/s like something with built in regen

I agree that he'd be better off with a caestus and better weaponry, but he's already memeing as is and onehanding a UGS ever is a really obvious tell that you're going to parry

I'm defending doing them. Other SLs are too boring. If you want regular non easy mode invasions but non bullshit ones, do SL 70 on castle, archives, DLC and ADP.
Better yet, you can just go to Anor Londo/duke's

Meta invasions are full of tryhard shit. As I said, I like it because there's no mercy, on both sides. Hosts will cheese as hard as they can, as will invaders and everyone will use what they think is broken at least, so it's not a place to try and make GH or whips work. I've had fun moments we got a ganker to be left alone and all three of us unzipped uchis and a plow and chased him to death then pointed down together and also times I ran away for a lot of time from 3 guys before backup came. If you don't take Souls pvp seriously to the point of getting mad, like complaining about 3v1s and want the challenge, knowing you're going to be at disadvantage almost every time unless you catch a gank spank in progress, go for it. Get used to swapping cat ring mid chases, when to unequip things for fast rolls and everything else. You won't win often at first, but it feels really good when you do, more than just twinking.

Most players like you won't be invaded. The host, with friends, will often take their time even if familiar with the game. The solo ones are more likely to be unembered or offline to play through the game faster

Get etheral oak. The regen doesn't scale with upgrade level. It's also a great shield for SS

>Most players like you won't be invaded.
Wasn't saying otherwise. Most people who actually understand how easy it is to flee from an invader are going to move through the game before an invader actually gets matched with them. That doesn't change the fact that it's completely doable though; anyone who loses to an invader has noone but themselves to blame unless the bridge to maria/doggo got cut before they could do anything.

Chester wears a tophat.

>not putting the Discord in the OP
shame on you
discord.gg/Zrr5y

Well, the last boss of Dark Souls was disappointing...

You can catch people if you do so at the start of areas. Irithyll, farron, settlement, dlc, adp, archives, etc are all areas IbetI could catch people fleeing to the boss, specially simce the range limit for REO invading at the first bonfire is generous enough not to be any close to the fog

True, but the regen is insignificant anyway when you have ~6 ~+8 estus sippies that heal 50% of your HP per gulp.

Again, the shield will highly likely be useless since you're 2-handing your UGS. At least you can use the caestus to switch to and spam L2 when you're getting R1 spammed by straight swords. Shield is only useful when you're up against a katana dash-attack or spear spammer and you switched to your fast back-up weapon, but you won't really find those in the first 2 areas of the game.

But that's just me.

Don't invade above SL80.

Ever.

Dark Souls 3 I meant to say, The last boss of Dark souls 3 was disappointing.

I know, that's what was using and what I was referring to

>webm
poor guy

It's the same boss so I don't understand why you bothered to specify.

Replaying Dark 1, do you guys set the FPS to 60 or keep it at native 30?

I can run Dark 2 and 3 on high with 60 fps, I have an rx 470. Curious for your thoughts

I can run away forever even in the arena, I've been winning matches with a lightroll and great farron darts. Even if you're locked in a room together, it's easy to just dodge forever; worst case scenario is that you have to spend so much time dodging that you can't attack, but you don't need to attack to run to the boss fog.

Yeah, I should have remembered that. That's the precise reason why I went for 12 faith and flame arc on my twink instead of 12 str and the priestess ring for replenishment and/or blessed weapon.

i heard that if your character has over a certain amount of intelligence, sages crystal staff is better than court sorcerers. Is this true?

So FC faggots don't post shit like in here and can keep it in their circlejerk. The Discord benefits all of us. They get a circlejerk while we keep their shit out of our general

60. 30 is unplayable.

You can't dodge forever with mobs. I can assure you I'd kill a lone host if caught near the start of any of those areas if they only ran away from me.

I don't think it has to do with int, I think it's just that the sage's staff has a better chant or something. Can't quite recall though, sorry.

good point

>FC
>circlejerks

Really gets my gears grinding.

>30 is unplayable
>he apparently hasn't played any game made before 2015

30 is fine. 60 is smoother but when you do get framerate drops (and they are unavoidable) they will be a lot more dramatic usually, so it comes down to how much confidence you have in your hardware, you might want to drop the framerate cap for blighttown and sif.

>pcfcbf
>can we ban x?
>fc webms
>nice fight we had there x
>who allowed this pyro/mage?

'Member Ds1 FC?
'Member Ds2 FC?
'Member BB FC before they got their own board?
'Member how all of those happened before discord?

No you don't because your a faggot

>You can't dodge forever with mobs.
but I can run past all of them to the fog every playthrough, an invader is just one more mob if I'm not actually fighting him

part of why it's disappointing.

Think Nameless King was best boss of the vanilla.

Maybe I will buy the DLC next.

Not if the area is so large like those and the invader unzips a katana/spear + crossbow or similar

'Member DaS1 BF posting?
'Member DaS2 BF posting?
Of course you don't, if it happened it was nowhere near as common.
Also, just because a problem went without a solution in the past doesn't mean a solution is bad.

How do I pssh nuthing personnel in DaS3?

>Not knowing bfposting is 1 person shitposting that got banned from Veeky Forums

Nice.

>implying bfposting won't grow into new, stronger forms

I've ran away from plenty of katana invaders, I made an effort to do so against bloodshades when sprinting from pontiff to aldrich. I'm not going to pretend they're the cream of the crop, but all I have to do is time rolls and I'm good. We've also been ignoring options like seed, etc.

>leaning away from the front of the board
>back lifts up

Is the season pass worth 19 dollars?

oh boy, i have no health man, pumped all my souls into faith and now everything one shots me

Can you still WA with 1FP?

That's only 5 more dollars than the current dlc. If you're willing to buy the current DLC and are willing to gamble that the up and coming dlc will be worth at least 5 bucks then yeah, go for it. The planed price for the second DLC is 25 USD I think.

Fine, I'll buy it tomorrow.

I quite enjoyed using the rapier I got from a bro in DSG, might as well get one legit.

At 57-60 INT, sage's crystal staff + L2 buff active does slightly more damage than a court sorcerer + L2 buff. The problem is the buff is so situational because it only helps when you know you won't be getting hit for the next few seconds and want to put out massive burst damage. Sage's L2 also costs more FP to cast.

How do I invade in Dork Souls II, and what are the consequences