How come majority of car enthusiasts are so quick to spend money on go-fast parts for their car (regardless of whatever...

How come majority of car enthusiasts are so quick to spend money on go-fast parts for their car (regardless of whatever it is)

But won't spend money on learning how to properly race/drive?

I see plenty of people on tracks straight hooning the econoshitbox around the track having tons of fun but also learning how to properly handle their car to their own limits.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's easier to throw money at your car than to perfect your driving techniques.

baka.

All these cucks talk about other bad drivers when IRL they are just as shit

Because a majority of "car enthusiasts" just want to have a cool car to show off, they don't care as much about driving. Prime example of this is the stance fad

Because most people aren't actually interested in proper racing/driving. Just being able to brag about your upgrades is enough for a lot of people.

Sad!

Seriously it is.

because there are no tracks in my country

This is was toward Americans/Non-third world countries.

i agree with you Forza is a great tool for training

Street racing is the most punishable driving offense short of manslaughter. Tracks are too expensive.

It's a lot easier to get car parts than do track days. Don't get me wrong, track days are awesome and I will do one again once I can find a track near me (recently moved) and it fits my schedule, but my schedule sucks.

In the meantime, today I just bought my first two performance mods for my car since I bought it in 2013.

Not even close.

Since when did I mention street racing? You will never be able to learn how to properly drive on public roads.

>tracks are too expensive

No

For the cost of a full exhaust kit, you could do a track day. I think one day at Laguna Seca w/ Hooked on Driving cost me about $350, or $600 for two days.

Unless you have your own helmet, factor in another $20 per day for rental but that's nothing.

But you have done and would do track days... you arent in OPs target demographic of posers.

I'm just throwing in my two cents. I think if more people would actually allocate the time and money to do just one track day, they'd continue to do them when they could. It's a LOT of fun.

>I see plenty of people on tracks straight hooning the econoshitbox around the track having tons of fun but also learning how to properly handle their car to their own limits.

>paying hundreds of dollars and driving hours away to go drive around a track when I can just tear up all the local mountain roads instead and learn just as much

What track did you go to btw?

Laguna Seca. I posted

If you are good enough to be signed off you can do open lapping events for way cheaper.

I do Sunday mornings at my track for a whopping $60

>paying hundreds of dollars and driving hours away to go drive around a track when I can just tear up all the local mountain roads instead and learn just as much

It is worth it, its a closed circuit and safer.
Also LOL at thinking you'll learn how to properly drive all on your own.

youll end up like this dumb fuck or worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=S5NWcdq4Wf4

You keep telling yourself that.

The faster my car goes and the less able I am to control it, the faster I can kill myself and make it look like an accident.

Nice. I had never done one there, or with them (HoD) so I was defaulted to the noob class. They agreed to let me move to Intermediate though.

Planning on trying to get in on some PCA track days in the future, hopefully that will be a little more cost effective. Don't think I live very close to any tracks since I moved though. That is one major downside of living farther away, used to be able to get to a track in 15-20 minutes, so worst case I could get towed not too far. Now it would be hours of towing if something were to happen.

>But won't spend money on learning how to properly race/drive?
because my local tracks are shit and decent tracks are ages away

>mfw Lime Rock Park is only 1hr 30 min drive from me.

Can't wait to hoon the Miata tbqh

>Since when did I mention street racing?

When you asked why is no one going fast with go fast parts?

>that *gasp* OH NO, OH NO
That is way funnier than it should be.

Everyone knows Subarus can't handle

I think it's more that a fucking people carrier SUV can't handle.

most people are cucks

Because for the price of a single track day I could buy my entire car again, or double the power on the one I have right now. Why spend so much money on something I could do for free? "muh lerning" doesn't make it worth that. It's not like I need to drive racing lines to have fun.
>inb4 poorfag

>cost for single track day
>buy your car again

Yeah, your $500 car probably wouldn't even pass the tech inspection if that is the case.

Because it's easier to dump money into something than it is to reflect upon yourself.

because building cars is a hobby, some people find it more fun than driving.
>Since when did I mention street racing? You will never be able to learn how to properly drive on public roads.
neither will you on track.

youre an idiot.

yeah you will plenty of driving clubs offer instructors to go around the track with you for free.

>tech inspection
forgot about this. legal bullshit and aggressive base-covering regulation make the track even more fun and worthwhile.
>you need a fire extinguisher, a ricer tow hook (sorry about your bumper cover, but who needs those?) and a helmet that reduces your FOV to 60 degrees, just in case a rogue injury lawyer happens to- i mean in case your engine catches fire, all of your doors weld themselves shut, your fuel pump relay shorts into the on position, and every emergency vehicle in a 10-mile radius breaks down at the same time. That'll be $500, goy.

Not everyone wants to go to the race track maybe? I dunno.

Where I'm from is a good deal more expensive to do a competitive driving school than it is to do simple mods to the car, and it requires traveling. Lots of people just can't do that.

>single track day with instructor which involves an hour at the most on the track in your own car $600
>turbocharger: $600
That's why.

There isn't a racetrack within 100 miles of where I live. Yet there's an autozone with sweet chrome window buttons down the street.

I swapped my engine and for the price of 3 track days with instruction.

Pros of doing 3 track days instead:
>3 really fun days

Pros of doing the swap instead:
>my car which I drive every day has more power and is more fun
>my car is now more reliable because the stock engine was a shit
>it's more fun when I take it to a track day a couple of times per year

I don't really care that I'm not a pro-level driver who can compete on a national level, I have no capability to drive in any competitive setting, only in track days where there is no competition just track driving. I'd rather have a faster car to daily than be a slightly faster driver in my non-competitive track days.

Tracks are all a 1-2 hundred km away from me. Might start going once I pick up Mr2 turbo

>mfw there are only dirt tracks for muh sprint cars in the great state of PA.
Just fucking kill me.

Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Virgina all have race tracks