Why are we still using heavy lead acid battery in our cars?

why are we still using heavy lead acid battery in our cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFxlf4fXjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cost

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Because of the jews

>why does x only last for y miles if the warrenty only covers z miles

Lithium batteries suck dick in the cold. They also need additional over charge/discharge protection circuits which costs extra, you can't just dump power into them like a lead acid.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

The battery barely weighs anything relative to the car.

Lithium have a muuuch smaller range of charges aka they wear quicker. Also that's a giant waste of resources lithium mining is a dirty job

Better sudden, large current surge performance (cranking), cheap, resilient, reliable, doesn't explode, to name some reasons.

Lithium is literally cheaper, but the industry doesn't want you to know that :P

What advantages?

Prove it was the jews.

Depends on how they are packaged.

>Lead Acid is a 30-80 lb battery
>Lithium is

A lithium battery that could deliver 7200 VA would cost $2,500-.

Best type of battery for this. All batteries need an acid catalyst between the cathode and anode

>WE

Cost cutting. I'm using AGM in everything.

Except it's not. Are you sure you didn't get fooled by reddit posting pictures of tar pits?

Go back to whoever told you that and remind them that mining the iron and copper for electric cars is more destructive than mining lithium for the batteries

>Says a bunch of contradictory shit
>asks for sources
>Doesn't provide any source of his own

Now that is some high quality shit posting.

That being said, you are correct in all but one aspect. They are far more expensive on first purchase. They only need one purchase though. After 20 years, the same lithium battery will still be almost perfect l, but a lead acid will have been replaced a dozen times. That being said, I would hate to buy an 8d equivalent in lithium.

The energy density of lead acid batteries is better than the lithium batteries. Also lithium is highly susceptible to water and conflagration as a result of it. Your acid denatured would literally ruin your electron donor

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure lead acid batteries can tolerate much more heat before they explode

This, also they're not susceptible to moisture

Lithium literally catches fire from the moisture in the air

AGM is not lithium, it's an improvement on conventional lead acid batteries.

This is what happens when you either puncture or overheat any battery based on lithium
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFxlf4fXjo

Thermal runaway is a huge problem with these things. You hit a certain temperature and you cause the reaction to fuel itself out of control. Lead acid batteries aren't susceptible to this

3 words
"cold cranking amps"

I have seen some people run a supercapacitor bank in parallel with battery. The supercapacitor supply a very large cranking current, thereby taking some of stress of the larger battery and prolonging it's life

>After 20 years, the same lithium battery will still be almost perfect l, but a lead acid will have been replaced a dozen times.
Lithium batteries don't last forever.

mazda is running capacitors instead of batteries.

Well I'm not. I'm using an agm battery which is slightly newer technology.

why are you still watching asian cartoons

Cold
Cranking
Amps
Nigger