Am i missing a lot by not playing rFactor 2 or Asseto corsa or project cars or any race sim at all...

Am i missing a lot by not playing rFactor 2 or Asseto corsa or project cars or any race sim at all? i keep watching videos of people doing togue group runs in a full server in AC and i just drool over it, but i have no money for a cheap 3 pedal steering wheel, i feel that paying for a 2 pedal steering wheel set its useless, and i have no job overall so i cant just wait and afford one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CW9tbfqLqVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get used Logitech Driving Force EX or DFGT if you have more $$$. First you can get for 30€ if you find one.

>2 pedal setup

I dont think its worth it user.

Cheapest used G27 goes for 210 bucks. Most expensive used for 340. New G27 full setup goes for 630 bucks.

Brand New G29 with full setup go from: 430 USD up to: 530 USD.

Fuck i hate living in southamerica.

ausfag here the pain is real.

Best we can do is try and find a used G29

70% of all cars in Assetto Corsa are semi-autonatics (dcs, sequential, etc.)
So why the hell no two pedal set?

Because i dont JUST wanna play AC. I want to learn how to heel-toe shift better using simulators (i can use my dad's car but i wont be able to toy with it. Like i said: No job.)

Meh the g25-29 pedals arnt like real pedals not enough weight behind them.

Get a real car

G25 aren't sold in my country.

I am afraid i cannot afford a real car.

Hahaha I was an auto driver for 3 years and Ive played assetto corsa and now I drive a manual.

Assetto Corsa has the best physics and is one of the best sims ever

Get a logitech g27

g27 cost me $300!!! new

G29 is alright, it's got the same shitty shifter as the G27 without the extra buttons.

Pedals are kinda crap, but workable. Way too close together, but it makes heel-toe a breeze. Well, more like heel-arch on these fucking things.

Brake pedal is kinda stiff, the clitch and accelerator are not at all.

Assetto Corsa is fun as fuck, I'm one of the touge nerds. AE86 N2 series coming up in a couple weeks, should be cool.

I was going to get a G27 set but they were all sold out or would have cost me $200 more than the G29 set. It's not worth that much more even if it is better.
See, the problem is that when you try to buy discontinued products the prices skyrocket through the fucking roof because of the dwindling supply. I was shopping around in October of this past year and got 100% fucked on pricing.

Huh. I thought that the G29 was supposed to be the top of the line 3 pedal + steering wheel + H shifter until you began to get into the ultra exclusive metal and carbon fiber framed "work by demand" type of steering wheels.

So should i risk it and get used? because if i get a new G27 i could EASILY get the G29 in the same package for a little cheaper, since it IS better. Even if a little bit.

g29 is kinda meh since it's pretty much just a repackaged g27

thrustmaster t300/tmx or ts-pc if you are even more serious is what should you aim for if you have the money

is assetto corsa on the pc better than on the console?

AFAIK it has slightly better FFB shits and it supports PS4 out of the box (which i dont care about)

I could only find the TM VG T30 and its 1.2k USD. No way paying for that.

yes, it's vastly superior

i figured, i bought a physcal copy on sale and i wasnt digging it

>AFAIK it has slightly better FFB shits and it supports PS4 out of the box (which i dont care about)

it's not only better ffb, thrustmaster wheels are way better because they are belt driven, g29/g27 uses outdated gears which are nowhere near as precise and smooth

>I could only find the TM VG T30 and its 1.2k USD

jesus fuck, where do you live

>where do you live
Argentina. Where an Hyper evo 212 air cooled CPU fan costs 70 bucks instead of 25.

Tech is *supposedly* going to get cheaper later this year but i dont think that there will be an instant sale on such a niche market like racing sim in this country.

So TM wheels use belts which are better than gears? I DID meant that the G29 has slightly better FFB compared to the G27 tho.

Honestly one of my main concerns is the delay. Sometimes i see someone get a steering wheel and the game has like .3 seconds delay when you turn the wheel, and sometimes there is no delay. That shit scares me.

G27 or Thrustmaster.

I aint paying over 1k for a semi decent TM. I am still more inclined for the new G29 tho.

Can you give a source for those videos? I own Asseto Corsa and a G29 and didnt know that existed...

>212 costs 70 bucks

Holy shit I feel for you man

You could get a cheap 900° wheel like a DFGT and separate pedals & shifter if you want to, also you could go the DIY way

I bought a genius twin wheel f1 and it serves its purpose well, and has worked for 3 years. A shifter paddle broke, there's no vibration, but I've been able to race competitively online in nr2003. Better than using a controller

Almost any cheapo wheel is better than a controller

I have a Driving Force GT that I got for £50, and even though it only has 2 pedals, Assetto Corsa accomodates it well. Only problem comes with drifting (it's hard to keep the revs up)

youtube.com/watch?v=CW9tbfqLqVE

don't listen to those iracing paydrivers.
pirate everything and get a controller.
I believe in low cost affordable racing.

Where do you find people to play with? I always see those modded servers but don't know how to join because I don't know what mods to install

FORZA FERRARI

idk about the g29 but sure if its new get it

Way late post/bump, sorry, anons:

There's a "touge community" on zogbook with a list of modded cars and tracks available from a google drive page.

>clutch pedal with no force feedback
>teaching you how to heel toe
yeah, nah
t. G27 + AC fag

I mean it works if you're going to be driving something with a better clutch. Otherwise, yeah, AC kind will just teach you to clutch in and out as fast as humanly possible, which is wrong.

Also most cars in AC don't even require an H-pattern shifter, it's mostly dual-clutch flappy paddle BMWs and euro luxury shit. Gonna' have to mod it to have fun.

>AC kind will just teach you to clutch in and out as fast as humanly possible, which is wrong.
Is that so? i thought that having to clutch in while taking the gear out and inserting the new gear right when your clutch is fully engaged and then leave the clutch while you go to the gas was the most efficient and quick way to upshift.

Are you retarded or have you just never driven a manual? You can never tell on this board.

I mean if you live your life a quarter mile at a time, sure

if you want to play multiplayer, you need to find some kind of closed commmunity.

dfgt with 2 pedals is fine wheel, although it's way more fun to have clutch and h-shifter.

Its just what i've seen F1 drivers do.

Doing what you said on your OEM clutch is going to lead to jerky starts and shifts at best.

Basically you need to get used to your car and it's clutch to get used to how quickly you can depress the clutch after rev matching. Shifting like an Initial D character shouldn't be your objective starting out.

>Its just what i've seen F1 drivers do
>what i've seen F1 drivers do
>F1 drivers do

>implying what F1 drivers do is in any way relevant to what is appropriate on the street

Please do not obtain a license.

From this angle it looks like you're sitting too far back. Stretch your arm out above the wheel. Your wrist should be behind the wheel.

F1 cars don't have clutch pedals

Firstly, f1 cars do have a clutch. They only use it at the start and for pits.
Secondly, he's talking about old f1 cars.
Thirdly, you're a dingus.

and it is a pedal in the sense that its a/2 flappy pedal(s) on the steering wheel which still needs to be released in a certain way for the clutch to bite

Who the fuck told you that i would do it with a stock clutch in the street? this is all about shifting quickly idiots. No shit i would get a different clutch and do it in a track.

I did meant old F1 cars. Have you seen their pedal actions?

Why do you want to learn something you can't feasibly do yet? Putting the carriage before the horse, aren't you?

Better learn what i can in my spare time, right?