/owg/ Overwatch general

links are for casuals edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true
on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/
masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sylphea-1120
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit OP, kys

WHERE ARE MY LINKS FAGGOT KYS OP

and yes, that reaches out to the choke.

why am i sharing gm/top 500 with the likes of s2 plat mercy mains with sub-40% winrates? this game is a fucking joke

besy way to play ranked when I have no friends on battle net?

solo q

solo q is fine just remember to mute your team so you dont get tilted by their bitching

>Do placements for the first time
>2515
Huh, I thought I'd do worse.

So, does /owg/ play vs AI?
It's comfy and fun

I'll be your friend

It forces bad habits. Just do QP if you need practice.

So I just recently bough a really big mousepad and tried to use a low sens (5 ingame and 1000 dpi).
I saw that pros use it for characters like Widow or McCree that need a good aim. Still I don't know if this is okay for character with high mobility like Genji or Tracer in fact I see that I reach the end of the mouspad quite fast with them.
Suggestion? Should I concentrate only on one kind of characters, find the right balance or leave it as it is?

I know that some people use different mouse sensitivities for different heroes. If you can tolerate that, it can work.

I can't tolerate that so I use the lowest sensitivity where I can still do instant 180s.

Get a controller
If you get gud with one you'll become godly with a mouse/keyboard

>tfw can't stop fapping to Pharah

I used to on console when I'm trying out heroes I'm unfamiliar with. Now I only play that when I want to warm up and just 1v1 a Lucio until I'm feeling less stiff.

>get zarya in mystery heroes
>first time actually using her
>doesn't die the entire match
wow she's pretty fun

>Mercy resurrects 4 people! Woah!!!!

>They all just die again instantly

Why is this every single Mercy ultimate?

change sensitivities for different heroes. I use the same sens on Tracer as I do with McCree though, since I rarely blink and 180. I just side blink.

>a low sens (5 ingame and 1000 dpi).
that aint even a low sens lmao, that's higher than what 99% of good CSGO players use

also you can play genji and tracer fine with a sens much lower than that. you just have to be quick at swiping and then lifting the mouse back at the center of the pad

kys

why would you play a game where the whole goal is to get cucked by mystery boxes. This game was literally made for Nu-male beta cucks. You should be ashamed of yourselves

What would a warm cup of gay taste like?

QTmaker?

Only to practice aim.

*kyses you*

>5 ingame
That's not low
Generally speaking if you can do 360 in one sweep side to side you're fine

>be teenage Korean girl
>hear Mercy voiceline
>boost up in the air and press Q
>quintuple kill

patrician taste

el oh el

>post your reaction to a funny chocolate exchange line between Reaper and 76

>Don't think this changes anything but...uh I got you some... chocolates.
>Chocolates huh? You didn't tamper with these did you?

So what is a low enough sens? My mouse can only go from 500 to 1000 dpi and I see that pros use shit like 800. How can I balance it?

why would you need to copy pros straight? just think of your sens in terms of how many cm you need to move your mouse to make a 360 degree turn

time to brown it up

>want to play overwatch
>don't want to lose SR today
>queue for quickplay
>5 offense lineup
>exit to desktop
thanks for reading my blog

y u hate fun?

FUCK ME IS IT ALREADY TIME TO POST YOUR SHITTY OVERWATCH HERO IDEAS?

Neuros, the Canadian flamboyantly gay secretly evil sleeper agent who disrupts enemy team unity
>M1: throw knife projectile
>M2: knife homing (if last thrown primary fire comes in range of an enemy while still airborne, immediately home the knife into the enemy
>L-Shift: phase through walls
>E: friendly fire neurotoxin (affected enemy can do damage to their team for a duration of time)
>Ult: force an enemy to activate their ultimate (can see enemy ultimates when ult is ready)

I like the ult idea actually. Maybe have it give the affected player 3 seconds of warning or something, so its more used to force them to rush their ult than straight-up burn it every time.
Also seeing enemy ults 24/7 (with ult up) is probably a little powerful. That's kinda Sombra's thing.

Did they block Mei in 3v3 for glitchers?

Just take a look at this for csgo pro settings, pay attention to cm/360:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true

why is D.Va so scraerd?

there is also a resource for OW pro player settings

on-winning.com/overwatch-pro-sensitivity-settings-setups-monitor-mouse-keyboard-headset/

Do you start diminishing in rank for not paying after you reach diamond? And will you diminish out of diamond?

>ult vampire
>can see enemy ults and ult%
>shift leap attack so you pounce someone and suck the ult% out of them or until their team shoots you
>E transfers ult to a team mate
>own ult is radius of tentacles that steal ult and give to your own team
idk about m1/2

you go down to 3000 the start of diamond

The delay sounds like a good idea, actually. Maybe 1.5 seconds. It would induce a state of panic and dread that would fit his character's sadism. The idea would be to synergize turning on friendly fire and then trigger an offensive ult in the middle of the team. Reaper would be especially vulnerable to this

Yeah I'm not sure how to make this ult reliably trigger enemy ultimates without giving him knowledge about enemy ults, but yeah that's a little op I admit. Maybe a Q highlight over an enemy like Zen's discord appears.

So this guy is level 2000, the first in the world.
Almost exclusively plays Symmetra, his winrate is barely 51%, his SR is abysmal for someone who plays this many hours...

masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Sylphea-1120

How is it possible to still be this bad as the number 1 most playing player in the world?

i like your image

it humours me

>playtime

No. Masters is the only one that will bump you out.

Yes, once you reach diamond you'll start to lose 50SR a day every day if you haven't played a comp match for a week. This decay takes you down to 3000sr and then stops there.

I'd buff this if you get my meaning.

FUCK ANOTHER ONE THEN

Reco, the offensive builder
>M1: Handgun
>M2: Grapple an enemy in melee range and pin them to the ground, immobilizing the enemy and you
>L-Shift: perform 3 cartwheels dodging damage and dealing melee damage with each spin as you move forward. Can chain into a grapple
>Ult: Deploy/Heal 300 HP drone that hovers about 10 feet above Reco
>E: Command the drone to move into a position relative to Reco using the movement keys.
>Passive: can crouch slide

Why is this game so fucking boring? Nothing happens, nothing dies because there are 18 million ways to disengage and heal, you just shoot blanks into each other until EPIK UNTILAMAYTES TIME and then everyone in the lobby dies. Wow so fun so advanced gameplay 10/10 blizzard

Just needs some whip cream

Yeah now that's unfair. I can understand why they are so good, those gaming chairs are boosting them hard

Character is an agent who works for a private arms manufacturer. His job is to infiltrate wars and other combat zones to collect data on weapons.

200HP offense class
Passive:
X/200
charge that goes up every time you use your e

M1: Dual Pistols, a single click shoots both pistols doing 16-8 damage each.
M2: Uses 3 charge per shot that with special effects.
L-Shift: Toggles between 3 types of bullets.
>Explosive
Does 25-5 damage per shot and has a small splash radius
>Ricochet
Each bullet does 14-7 damage and ricochets 3 times
>Leech
Each bullet does 18-9 damage each and you recover 30% of the damage you do

E: 7 second cooldown
>Used on enemy
Completely empties an enemy's ammo magazine and causes them to be unable to reload for 1 second. D.Va and Hanzo will just be unable to shoot for 1 second. Gains 30 charge per successful use
>Used on ally
Gives an ally extra ammo equal to the max value of their magazine. Does nothing for D.Va and Hanzo. Uses 50 charge

Ult: Movement speed up by 50% and cooldown of E is reduced to 3 seconds. His M2 cost is also lowered to 1 charge per bullet. Lasts 15 seconds.

because you're an adhd riddled autistic edgelord

go play your caw of dooty

That's mainly because of the current tank favourable meta supported by mercy and especially Ana.

An you get teammates that can't focus the mercy over the tank with infinite heals rofl.

A martial artist robot
M1: punch combo
M2: kicking combo (can combine with M1, longer range, slower execution)
Q: long jump pulling him closer to a target (like Mercy, but for enemies)
E: pick bullets (deflects like Genji but without throwing them back, slightly longer execution time)
Ult: "you are already dead"- one touch killing for 2 seconds

>tfw heroes of the storm gets a big golden cock to ride

Big golden/red cock hero when?

Almost have 3000 gold again buds

>How is it possible to still be this bad as the number 1 most playing player in the world?
by playing symmetra

Thanks dudes. Do you know if your points for the golden guns are based on your highest rank that season or where you finish?

Highest

The alternate bullet idea is a really cool idea!

>mystery 1v1
>wait for a minute
c-come on

Yeah. If you reach Masters and drop to diamond or below you will still get the points allocated as if you were still Masters at the end of the season.

Mystery 1v1 is the least popular and honestly most boring game mode

What did Morrison mean by this?

i love playing it..

it would definitely be better though if it didn't have symmetra winston rein and if torbjörn had his turret disabled

>Played well over 50 matches in All Brawls
>STILL have not gotten Total Mayham

Please, Blizzard.

>symm on attack numbani
>get the payload really quick and almost at the last point in under a minute
>enemy team ragequits out and it was like it never happened
>play good and get nothing from it

Anybody here wanna help me boost for cheevos?

I NEED those sprays lads

>>play good and get nothing from it

ASnon you got the most valuable commodity of all; high quality salt

is there a pic like this, but with D.va or some other OW female?

The fuck is wrong with people in ranked?

I have lost 400 ranks today with one or two honest losses peppered in among the leavers, intentional down rankers, level 25s. It's fucking awful. I have climbed 2000-2500 so many times this season alone, and it's always the same fucking story. It's fucking horrible.

There absolutely needs to be a retooling of how people are punished in games with a leaver. I am losing 40+ SR per loss at this rank (and about 25 per win). I do not understand why I deserve to lose so much rank for a genuine loss, let alone one from either an orchestrated down rank or just because someone got mad.

I fucking hate this game.

>haven't touched the game in 2 weeks

Why do I always stop playing once they put a patch in the PTR?

I come back after the patch is live but this one is taking a long time.

Also

>Overwatch Youtubers
>not being boosted

honestly they should just kill themselves, all they do is read patch notes and get billions of dollars since normies don't want to read.

it's a game user

there's no need to be upset

neck yourself

Would you play an overwatch survival game

Maybe you should just get better at the game

>soloQ
>second winstreak -ever- doing great with ana or hog most of the time
>10th match or so
>2-0 on KotH, this should be good
>LOL WERE WINNING IMMA GENJI
>another switches between hanzo-widow-junkrat
>lose 2-3
WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY
WHY MUST PEOPLE BE SO
GOD
DAMN
STUPID
ARGARHARGHARFAHRHARHAGHRAGHRGHAR

Would you play Overwatch tactics game

You mean playing Mercy?

This happened last night:

>play competitive mode on a whim
>notice that we need a tank so I politely suggest it in group chat
>two faggots on the team shittalk me for saying that when I pick Genji
>make a big fucking song and dance of how they're pro Overwatch players and that I'm a scrub
>one of them is admittedly good and wins the game for us, but acts like a total faggot about it

>next game we're on separate teams
>I kill both of them three times each
>excellent teamwork on my team and we beat their piece of shit team
>they act all butthurt in the groupchat going "Oh we just let you guys win!"
>mfw

tfw 2 gud at support battles

>mei still has a broken reticle slow
>mei's ult still has a broken hitbox
>mei can still get THREE lives and contest invincibly

nerf when?

Why does symmetra look so much better in her art portrait, same with lucio

>Xcom style game in the overwatch universe
fuck yes I would

Nothing can stop Mei

Better question, would you play an OW DATING SIM?

>
waow dud epic storey, it sounds verjy truw and it mad me laug really hard XD