Has there ever been a serious attempt at making a history of this site?

Has there ever been a serious attempt at making a history of this site?

We have a way of communicating with each other that could be considered its own dialect, a mixture of different layers of irony and memes that is utterly incomprehensible to outside viewers. Even subtle things that we don't even think about before using, like
>how can __________ compete
or even just
>implying

In a lot of ways the culture of this place has become more distinct than a lot of modern national cultures, and there are so many events over the past 13 years that have gone into shaping that. We don't even think about them when communicating on here, we just do it because that's how things are on this site.

A serious, academic study of the history of Veeky Forums would probably attract a shitload of cancer here, but damn, would I like to buy one. As it is most of "our history" is passed down through anecdotal stories told by users to other users, and largely isn't even written down. From a sociological standpoint, this site is pretty much an untouched gold mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_Veeky
goodreads.com/book/show/23203843-the-legacy-of-totalitarianism-in-a-tundra
goodreads.com/book/show/28282177-hypersphere
imgur.com/gallery/QRE4Q
Veeky
world2ch.org/wiki/doku.php
github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/History
amazon.com/Rogue-Cartoonist-Internet-Perils-Citizen-Muckraker/dp/1631928287
projects.csail.mit.edu/chanthropology/Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would you want to?

For the benefit of whom?

There's millions of internet forums out there, each with their own set of rules and jokes. This one is in no way unique. The concept of an internet forum is worth documenting, Veeky Forums isn't.

>internet forums
You mean those things that are all dead because of Facebook and Reddit that Veeky Forums has outlived by a long shot?

tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_Veeky Forums

>Veeky Forums
>an "internet forum"
Wow, first post on a thread about Veeky Forums's history is a newfag.

FUCK IT AMIGOS, I AM TIRED OF THIS PROTESTANT BULLSHIT. I AM GOING TO FUCK THAT QUEEN. GIVE ME 30 MINUTES. IF ENGLAND DOESN’T FALL IN 30 MINUTES, I WILL AN HERO MYSELF IN 30 MINUTES

yes but it would be quite hard to cram every significant detail about everything that's happened on this site

Stay cucked, Philip, we were always 1 step ahead of you anyways.

>traditional forums
>Veeky Forums
???

This is what it would look like...
1/7

>whom?

:)

2/7

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

goodreads.com/book/show/23203843-the-legacy-of-totalitarianism-in-a-tundra

Pics are from this book -
goodreads.com/book/show/28282177-hypersphere

No, they are not my girly ass fingers.

is this mira gonzalez?????

my favorite!!!!!!

>Doesn't know basic grammar.

Here's a shitload of Greentext stories. Doesn't really help all that much, but it's something.

imgur.com/gallery/QRE4Q

Veeky Forums.org/4channews.php
Just scroll to the bottom

But that's correct you high school dropout

moot did this retrospective when he thought the site was kaput back in 2004. Shii has a good history about the early days of imageboard culture in general. Would definitely recommend him because he's a primary source (he was one of the world2ch autists that got butthurt when moot cucked them out of being the go-to american imageboard) world2ch.org/wiki/doku.php

There is info on Veeky Forums out there in books

What's this from?

Time Magazine a couple weeks ago, in an article about the alt-right

It was an article in Time magazine fairly recently

There's this
github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/History

Veeky Forums isn't unique. This can be done to just about any popular site on the internet.

Every site has a dialect and you can pretty easily tell where someone comes from based off how they type.

Ben Garrison actually wrote a book about Veeky Forums that reads kinda like something an anthropologist would write.

amazon.com/Rogue-Cartoonist-Internet-Perils-Citizen-Muckraker/dp/1631928287

>moot

Literally who?

Fuck, that's depressing. I haven't been keeping tabs on print publications, but I thought that Time might still have a shred of decency.

Apparently I was wrong.

It's a refreshing reminder, reading this, that moot was always a bit of a cunt, and I'm glad we have An Hiro now.

Hey you faggots, MIT did a fucking analysis about /b/ years ago, I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

projects.csail.mit.edu/chanthropology/Veeky Forums.pdf

Holy shit, there's so much exploitable in that image.

>few normal people are actually on it to be trolled
NORMIES GET OUT!

>(((Bernstein)))
was /pol/ ever wrong?

he was always a little overmatched imo. can you imagine having to deal with Veeky Forums blowing up and all the financial difficulty at age 15? he never really stood a chance.

knowyourmeme.com

No, let it die in peace.

Let it fade into an echo of a dream and then let it be nothing.

Only when it's dead will you be free.