Had anyone invade and replace the royal family of England since the Normans?

Had anyone invade and replace the royal family of England since the Normans?

Would King Henry VIII have been of Norman ancestry, and a direct descendant to William the Conqueror?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æthelstan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesiastical_History_of_the_English_People
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The current royal house of Britain are the Windsors. Formerly the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas.

Krauts.

I just now realize how ugly this fucker is. Imagine this is the prettiest they could make him look holy shit kek

This is him when he was younger, i think the jaba the hut look suites him better.

Why don'tcha just fucking google it?
Literally Wikipedia: Kings of England

Was Henry a good king? I often hear people go on about how he was a bad person, but I don't hear much about how efficiently he ran his country.

A lot of nationalities have passed on the English throne

He had a long reign lasting almost 40 years, so he must have done some good.

Removed the pope so he could bang as many women as he wanted, all around chad desu.

He was pretty good on the whole, getting somewhat shitter towards the end of his life as syphilis and obesity fucked him. He founded the Royal Navy.

Is getting fat later in life the norm for kings?
I heard that William the conqueror was really obese in his later years.

>saxon kings
>English

You mean anglo-saxon kings

the english people don't even exist

The kingdom of England has existed as a centralised state since the early 10th century user. A distinct English people has existed since the time of Bede.

Is that president Trump?

>The kingdom of England has existed as a centralised state since the early 10th century user.

Wrong.

>A distinct English people has existed since the time of Bede.

Wrong.

Face it, all you are is France's bitch hahahahaha

> Someone doesn't know his history
How embarrassing for you, on a history board too.

>can't even refute me

hahaha you ""english"" are fucking pathetic

You are wrong user. I'm sorry.

You seriously think William of Normandy had jack shit to do with the piss weak French monarchy? Half of France was English for 400 years. Don't let hindsight blind you lad.

>was English
You're an idiot.
The Plantagenets were Frenchmen using England as a source of money and troops to fight their war for France.

>He had a long reign lasting almost 40 years, so he must have done some good.

what the fuck am i reading

The England was france for most period of time hahaha you are just mad that we own you to this day and shakespeare was french

> refute

1. King Æthelstand united the seven kingdoms in 927 AD into the nation of England.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æthelstan

2. Bede wrote his Historia Ecclesiastica Gentis Anglorum in 731, using the word 'Anglorum' ('of the English'), and would not have done so if such a people did not exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesiastical_History_of_the_English_People

>Was Henry a good king?

He is generally agreed to be a shitty manchild ruler whose underlings managed to achieve some things despite him, not because of him (and were executed as a reward when they fell out of favor for retarded reasons).

Is that incorrect? Usually shit rulers get assassinated or usurped.

Yes, that is incorrect.

I mean you start with assumption that only bad kings got assassinated or that upper nobility didn't like having a useful idiot on the throne when it benefited them. Plus some people were on throne exactly because they were ruthless, paranoid and merciless so scheming couldn't get around them.

royal blood lines been germanic dating to caesar

What?

>German queen
>Pakistanese mayor
>Black bull

English aren't in control of their country anymore

>We wuz king and shit

Royal blood line are some of the most inbreed blood in the world, giving them a race is stupid, they're their own mutant abomination now.

HOLD THE FUCK UP I KNOW THIS GUY.

He started getting worse after his tournament accident fucked his head. He also started swelling to the huge proportions most people know him afterwards.

Is this some germanic "We wuz"?

Spanish Habsburgs aside, royals on average were more outbred than peasants.

>A French guy marries a Hungarian princess, their son marries a Swedish noblewoman, their son marries a German duchess etc

compared to

>peasants inbreeding with sisters and cousins in the same little fucking village for 500 years straight

Yes...

The first time was in 1154 when Henry of Anjou conquered England and became king as Henry II. His dynasty ruled for over three centuries.

he was a bad king like all lanklet kings are

aye

Really? Why the fuck do European peasants do that?

In Imperial Chinese peasant villages there's an unspoken cultural rule that you marry someone outside of a village. Because usually Chink villages are clan villages of people belonging to the same family.

Did Medieval European peasants not do that?

Because European peasants were utterly xenophobic, for one.

Maybe Feudalism perhaps? China doesnt have Feudalism in its imperial days while Medieval Europeans did.

How meme is the popular belief that peasants cant leave their lord's fiefs without their master's permission.

My question is on how exactly inbreeding would manage to get so extremely common when the Church had banned inbreeding to the seventh degree and the Church handled marrige?

>Church had banned inbreeding to the seventh degree

This is a ginormous meme pushed by Hajnal faggotry peddlers like HBD Chick.

If European royals marry only (or nearly only) each other, they were the genetic equivalent of the "same little fucking village," or even worse. They're all related. It doesn't matter if they're geographically separated.

>royals marry only each other

No, royals didn't only marry each other, where the fuck are you getting that from?

because kings controlled the church kinda like rich people today are immune to laws

Yet still one of History's biggest chads.

He looks alpha as fuck. Would probably look like a bydlo brawler similar to picrelated if it wasn't for the homosexual clothes.

Anglorum =/=English strictly speaking

The Lowland Scots called themselves angles but they didn't call themselves English

>and the Church handled marriage?

You actually only needed a witness to get married in medieval times. They could undo it if you were already married or related though.

Fixed

>Canute, Harald and Canute II still English