Alternatives to the WRX? I posted the other day about looking for reasonably priced model, and not to my surprise...

Alternatives to the WRX? I posted the other day about looking for reasonably priced model, and not to my surprise, I was told that it was a fruitless effort. They are ricer taxed to hell, and will forever be beaten up shit boxes priced 4x above their value, or well-maintained examples worth 7x their value. So, now I'm looking for "alternatives" that I was suggested. Primarily looking for:

>AWD
>Sedan
>Turbo
>200+hp
>Manual (but not required)

I've looked at Quattro Audis, but don't want to even look at another German car after my experience with a MK4 GTI. The S60R seemed like a good alternative, but my friend has one and is in the shop about 4 times a year with $800+ bills, so they don't seem too reliable to me. I'll never buy a BMW because I've never heard anything good about them (or seen, I have 6 different friends who own bmws and all regret it).

So what I'm asking is, with my credentials above, if you had $10-$15k to spend, what would you buy?

Pic related, my current car.

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/692183946/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>if you had $10-$15k to spend, what would you buy?

It will be difficult to find exactly what you want. You will have to give up something as a compromise.

Personally, I drive a 2015 Jetta Sport with APR 93 octane tune. You could probably find one for about 16K, maybe not a sport but possible an SE with the 1.8t.

With the tune its at 242 HP/ 293 ft/lbs if I remember correctly. Its a rocket now thats for sure.

Maybe find a nice used GLI for about 16K if you really want a sedan.

Stop wanting awd.

I do understand I will have to make compromises, but the AWD and 200+hp are non-negotiable. I have looked at GTIs(despite being fwd) and I enjoy how easy it is to get power out of them with a simple tune and small bolt-ons. That's why I would prefer a turbo, but a V6-V8 wouldn't be a problem.

APR is great, but a 93 tune would be difficult where I live in Maine, because I think the nearest gas station that sells 93 is about 25 miles away.

Mazdaspeed 6

It's all the power and AWD with less rice tax. Driving dynamics are subdued in comparison but good tires help immensely

But AWD isn't a meme. It regularly snows 8+ inches where I live, and even having winter tires on a RWD isn't going to help too much. If it's slippery on the roads and still snowing, I have to put my car in "snow" mode or I'm not going anywhere. My friend's outback doesn't have a problem at all with snow, even on shitty all seasons and not having much more ground clearance than my car.

Is your current car rwd? What tires?

suck it up get an impreza heh

find some other subaru and slap a turbo on it
a legacy also has paddle shifters if you want both ""manual"" and automatic

Buy sti?

Let's see. Some of these had rare awd, and I didn't count turbo because fuck off
Evo
6 MPS
Legacy
Outback
S60
Skyline
9-3
9-5
Galant
Passat B5
Other audis, bmw and mercs

also GS

Look up the Saab 9-2X Aero. It is literally a WRX

Do people not know the Legacy GT exists?

>WRX running gear with a more luxurious body, without the ricer tax, or backwards cap image

Shop around online, target used vehicles in dealerships near retirement communities. Old people love subarus, treat them well, want "the best model", rarely drive long distances, and trade in regularly

It also says "My wife wouldnt let me get a wrx"

>wife stops you from buying a retarded ricer mobile

Based wife

I have to agree with this. WRXs are for young people. A 30+ year old family man driving a WRX would look silly.

FWD is probably your best bet if you want to widen your options...

Do people like the Ford Focus ST? You could also look at a VW Golf GTI maybe?

You could get an Escape as well... We have one and it comes close to fitting your bill.. though it might be a bit pricey for the features, most of the ones with the cool shit are the brand new ones...

>AWD
>231 HP
>Turbo

Not manual or a sedan though.

Not sure about the maintenance on these or anything, but a 535xi might be sweet.

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/692183946/overview/

Eh, didn't see the no BMWs.

Perhaps a pretty car, but an 06-07 Volvo V70 R?

pretty rare* also pretty. I'm asleep tonight.

Which is still not an STI. Very sad

>Skyline
Oh ffs

My uncle is 65 and dailies a bugeye.
He also works at the Subaru dealer.

well i know, it was just a list

Pretty much this

Or get a spec b if you want to be more subtle

volvo s70 AWD, makes just under 200hp.
Volvo v70 R AWD. it's a wagon but it makes 250 HP.

I wouldn't even get the turbo, I'd get the /comfy/ as fuck H6

Lexus is250
Is350 if you have the cash

The 250 lack of power even if 200 hp but it fits your power demand. But just not turbo.

You already know lexus are reliable. Turbo Subaru are usually beaten up and not "well maintained" I quote this because it's the excuse subaru enthusiast say when another guy blows his engine

Audi Quattro 20v

MOTHA
FUCKIN
EVO

It'll actually be hard to find one in your price range but the good thing is since they are more expensive, poor people haven't managed to shit up a good portion of them.
Also it's clear you are looking for the superior awd turbo sedan, and the wrx just never compared to the evo.

>being 65
>still working
>drives a WRX
L U L
U
L

>alternative to WRX
>awd

Nope.

Remove the AWD and id get a Neon SRT4. If you're worried about snow, I drive mine up in here in new england weather and it's been fine the last two years.