So I took my 2014 FRS in to the dealer for a maintenance appointment and oil change on Thursday. Fuck you...

So I took my 2014 FRS in to the dealer for a maintenance appointment and oil change on Thursday. Fuck you, they're free and I don't say no to free.

Friday and Saturday everything was fine. Sunday, the engine won't start. It turns slowly, the lights come up, not enough juice to go. A couple hours later I get a buddy to come give me a jump start, but even then the engine won't go. Mechanic from the dealer came over with a battery booster, but couldn't even get enough juice to get a read from computer. Any idea what could be wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15890076/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15893311/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They didnt refill the engine with oil and it started to seize. Thats why its turning slow. You are fucked m8. Well at leasst you can get a superior Fiesta ST now.

This. Enjoy your free new engine or car.

>Superior Fiesta ST

It happened twice with friends' cars
a 2009 CR-V and a 2015 Sentra (relatively new cars)
>battery goes dead
>ECU seems to go into something like protected mode
>both cars started after like a minute of cranking (pressing the gas once in a while)
>ran like crap for a second or so
>no other problems since then (one was one year ago, the other a few months ago)
>Sentra just came from the dealer (oil change)
Charge the battery really well (also get a boost from another car) and keep cranking and press the gas

my guess is that you forgot something on in the car that drained the battery

You will burn out the starter

> put car on trickle charger for a day and a half
> try to start then

If it won't start then something other than the battery is wrong

>You will burn out the starter

I always hear that but I crank over engines for a while quite often and never experienced it.

>I don't say no to free
>free new engine
Is there oil?

I hadn't thought to check that. Will do.

One detail I forgot to mention. Sunday afternoon, the lights would come on, and the wipers would only move slowly, so I figured it was a dying battery. By the evening, when my friend brought his jumper cables,not even the lights would come on, and nearly an hour of charging couldn't get it going.

why would he get a slower car?

a gay girls ford at that

>Fuck you, they're free and I don't say no to free.
so if someone offers to burn your house down for free, you'd accept?

My house is more has been appraised higher for insurance than market value. I would pay someone to burn my down down.

I think this will only happen if the engine is seized up, in which case the starter is working against a lot of force against it when you're repeatedly trying to start it.
If it's simply that there isn't enough juice to start it, no there should be no problem.

how long does it take you to check the oil?

You look at the dipstick, Dipstick.

>an hour of charging
Just to be sure, you do know how to charge a battery right? You aren't forgetting to high-idle the car with the good battery are you? Also make sure EVERYTHING is off or unplugged when charging so it isn't still draining.

It was free for a reason.

>mechanic from the dealer came over
He was expecting this

you don't do your own fluids to save money or time, you do them to actually be sure it was done. dealerships, warranties are all bullshit because they will find a way out of it. every time a lawsuit happens it's only the 10-20 people who sign up to be part of it and after the dates move by everyone else is just done

It really is slower and the stupid brake vectoring feels really weird

I've test driven both and strongly prefer the toyobaru. That said getting a used cayman is the way to go because my experience in that car blew everything I've ever driven away in terms of fun

Also did you check if you even have gas in the car? I've done this before and my brain immediately went to the most complicated place instead of the simple place

they swapped your battery out with one of theirs that outputs at 16 kHz

they do it to slowly melt your wiring over the course of a few months, called a big hurt battery. about 15 dealers in the south got busted for this 10 years ago

it sounds like your dealer forgot to charge it first though

time to drink your ass kicking juice

What the fuck? What other shady shit do dealers do? I want to know in case I ever have to take in my car.

Who fucking knows, is the point.

All industries do this, computer places leave shit software in the PC that causes the operating system to die after a few months, roofers for houses are famous for lying out their ass about how they need to replace the entire thing.

Difference is in this case it's the only industry that tries to kill the product entirely. Not saying roofers won't charge you thousands but at least they don't "accidentally" tear the house down while they're at it. Cars are so expensive and you can ruin them on purpose so easily, you can't trust mechanics, you can't trust dealers. There is only one way and it's to do it yourself. It's not about money, it's not about time, it's about these pieces of shit doing this stuff and killing the entire purchase.

Yikes so glad i never take my car to the dealers and only small shops that arnt dodgy as fuck

So check this out: It's a 2014, so odds are it's on the original battery still. Batteries don't last forever, and when they go they tend to go fast. I can almost 150% promise you the battery is just fucked.

Quick way to test: Take your battery out, swap it for another one. You can also just go get the battery tested, but for real, the battery in there is going on 5 years old so, depending on your location and driving habits, it's entirely possible you just need a new battery.

Nigga my bike has had the same damn batter in it for 7 years and it sits for half a year.

Batteries will last longer than 2 years.

Nice anecdotal evidence, user.

Get your battery checked, OP. It's literally 3 bolts assuming you have a vehicle where it has retaining mechanism.

>in case I ever have to take in my car.
Never go to a dealership for any reason.

You are spewing the most retarded shit I have ever read.
Dealerships are the most honest.
>t. subaru mechanic

Can any jackass become a mechanic at dealer? I know it's not common but I've heard ugly dealer stories

wow, so you do agree to everything..... can I service your wife for free?

No. You have to have experience.
You don't just walk into a dealership apply for a mechanic position and have no experience and expect to get hired.

You start at the bottom first

someone posts the user story where he bullshitted his way into being a dealer tech

>called a big hurt battery. about 15 dealers in the south got busted for this 10 years ago
[citation needed]

Bought a used car. Owned it for 5+ years before it needed a new battery.

That was a fun thread.
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15890076/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15893311/

You figured it out, they maliciously sabotaged a car that's still under warranty since mechanics at Toyota/Subaru just love doing warranty work. Or wait, the battery is low because they didn't put enough oil in. Where do people come up with this stupid shit?

Depends on a lot of factors. In Arizona there is a saying, "you rent batteries, you don't buy them" because they fucking die hard and fast here. I've had some take a shit after less than 2 years and others that lasted north of 5. In any case, it's free for OP to get his battery checked at an O'Reillys or VatoZone.

This is why I have all service done at the same dealership while it's under warranty, so even if they do destroy it, it's completely their fault. Always keep proof of everything they've done to your car.
Enjoy your new engine if they fucked it big time

More anecdotal evidence to back up anecdotal evidence lol.

Starter could be fuxxor'd.

If there isn't a higher than normal load the starter won't burn out.

I remember that story. Lol

Walmart fucked up my grandpa's Blazer about ten years ago. They offered to pay for a new engine or supply the cost of the engine in cash. The only reason he was able to prove they fucked it up was that the wrong oil filter was put on. It might be difficult for you to prove it was their fault.

I have a '13, still on original battery, just topped it off with water a few weeks back. Coming up on 60k miles this summer so it's not being babied.
>tfw neckbeards don't know to check the water levels in their batteries.

And shitty dealers are everywhere, no point lingering on it, figure out if it's the battery or not, do a visual to make sure

>It really is slower and the stupid brake vectoring feels really weird
Brake vectoring is cancer. Great for magazine tests, nightmare if you actually want to drive your car hard. The FWD hot hatches are all cool, but at the end of the day econo-box chassis & suspension are big turnoffs to anybody who's ever going to actually hit the track or autox.
>so nobody here cares, insert that shitty car comparison website meme

this
>t.toyota tech

>And shitty dealers are everywhere, no point lingering on it, figure out if it's the battery or not, do a visual to make sure
Derp didn't finish the line:
>make sure nothing is obviously damaged or swapped out to cause a problem, i.e. alternator looks suspiciously dirtier/cleaner than you remember.

Took the word right from my dick anonym

This user beat me to it: It will be impossible since he needs a new battery

Nice anecdotal evidence, user. Also, not all batteries are able to be serviced, nor is a lack of water necessarily the cause of a flat battery.

Check your battery, OP.

Fiesta st is absolute garbage compared to the FR-S/brz.

Az fag here, can confirm. Unless you get ultra heavy duty batteries for dozers and shit for your truck.

MNfag here and you can pretty much count on replacing your battery at any time after 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I've seen vehicles with 10 year old batteries, but it's not typical.

It's so bad that you can get 6 month old batteries at some junk yards for about $10

Should've bought a Miata.
You fucked up

Yeah, here in Vermont I go through batteries 2-3 years

Winter sure is hell on vehicles.

>Also, not all batteries are able to be serviced, nor is a lack of water necessarily the cause of a flat battery.
But OPs battery is, did you miss the part where I have the same car?

No it won't cure it, but it won't hurt. Topping off the water and making sure it's got a deep charge may stretch the battery for another year.

Wow. My car is from 2005 and is still running the original battery with no signs of stopping.

Just because you have the same CAR doesn't mean you have the same BATTERY, dude.

>60k miles in 4 years
How is 15k a year not babying it

Subaru press the same exact battery in every usdm 86, unless the dealership changed it, it's 100% guaranteed the same, every car for the past 5 years and the foreseeable future.

US average is 12k miles per year, many people have bought these and put less than 3k miles on them, store them in the winter, etc.
>Owning an 86 and not tracking it
Please.

>Owning an 86 and not tracking it
What does that have to do with a Scion FRS

Why is this entire thread about batteries? The op had jumpers connected and allegedly a tech with a jump box tried to start it. They gave the car 2 known good power sources and it still wont start. Are you fuckers dense? Do you all not realize he has bigger problems than a battery?

gtfo shitter

If the battery is all the way fucked it's entirely possible that jumping it would do fuck all.

it's funny how you mention that you have a toyobaru and all the retards come out of the woodwork.

sorry OP for your hassle. i hope it's resolved fast and smoothly

Op needs to test battery before going down the its fucked list.

>hot jump from a running car doing fuck all.
It's not the battery.

K.

Check the battery, OP. I promise you that's what it is.

If the battery just drains because someone left something plugged in or not started for some time and the battery is in okay condition, a jump will work. If the battery completely shits the bed, jumpstarting will fail.

Batteries can and do fail in less time than that, they put warranties on batteries of 3 or more years typically because they sometimes DO fail in less than three years. Anecdotes are not evidence.

Heat and cold are no fun for batteries. Extreme climates are harsher on the batteries leading to earlier failures.