The thing I hate the most over anything is people who don't care what they drive or anything

The thing I hate the most over anything is people who don't care what they drive or anything
>be me
>teenager in middle class family
>work 2 summers and buy third gen Camaro
>it's shit but I love it
>Chad's birthday and he gets an all new Camaro
>ask him a few questions
>"Is it a v6 or 8?"
>"Idk it's fast as shit though"
>two months later and it's dented all over and somehow the trans is shot
Why are people so ungrateful for their car? So many kids I knew were handed new cars and they treated them like shit.. Life is so unfair

Cause some people aren't poor

its a disposable piece of machinery and boy it is it stupid to get attached to material possesions

life is fair you just suck at it

this. its just a camero.

>>work 2 summers and buy third gen Camero
>>it's shit but I love it

First mistake was buying a fucking Camero in the first place

I get what you mean OP, I hate it too.

M8 got his parents mint 07 Dodge Caliber with 60K miles for free and now the shits dented to hell and he doesn't even try to take car of it. Low oil light came on and he just kept driving it around without checking or telling his parents or anything.
Other friend got a red 2011 V6 Accord and just shits all over it, never washing it or checking things.

But I got this and fixed a fix niggles I had with it (lock switches broken, turn signal stalk broken off) and wash it regularly. Preventative maintenance weekly (checking fluids and tire pressures) according to the Owner's Manual.

Hey buddy I agree, it's fucking dumb to work two summers for something and then actually care about it! What a fucking TWAT!!

It's not disposable, it is made with replaceable parts. Brake pads are disposable, cars aren't. They don't appreciate it because it's free, they didn't work for it, they don't feel any shame for mistakes they made, they don't learn. Once they're in the real world and the parental trust fund dries up they'll quickly learn the worth of things.

You guys sound a little young to be here.

Anyone else fit into neither of these situations? My parents let me borrow their old car until college, but I took good care of it always. Kept up on all the maintenance, did some small repairs, never wrecked it etc... I can only imagine how nervous I would have been if I bought a car with my own money at the time

Ive been working towards dying for 24 years but you dont see me caring about life

op is just an envious faggot mad because he bought a piece of shit while people with good families gave people cars

looks disposable to me

cars are meant to be replaced

Millenials everyone

Don't worry m8

>kid will drive his (fast as shit camaro) into a light pole and die.

I'd like to say that its because they didn't work for it, and therefore dont know the value of what they've been given, but that'd be hypocritical of me... i bought my 2004 Lexus off my grandparents on the cheap (they suggested the prices though, not me, and they did it on purpose)

I think its just that they're shitty people, they weren't raised to be respectful to their shit. I know my mom always hammered that into our heads, to be respectful to our stuff.

For what its worth OP, the 87 camaros look pretty awesome.

Learn how to work on engines and shit, save up some money and do an engine upgrade.

I don't think it's just about the money. Now here me out, i just might sound like a fagit,
But maybe it's the passion they lack. Why would they give a shit about their cars when they generally never gabe a shit about it in the first place?
My parents handed me an old POS minivan and I drove it like an old POS. But then I met a bunch of people into cars and I realized I've been such an asshole to my car. Treating it as JUST a car. Not something generally more. Then after that epiphany I changed. Took care of the car, learned how to drive properly, what to do and not to do. Then my next car is well taken care of, maintenance, car washes, condition and all that.
So it's not about the money. It's just. Some people just really don't give a shit. Ignorance is bliss buddy.

My friend just got his first car and it is a brand new £15,000 Mazda 3 and he doesn't know shit about it. He doesn't even know what fuel it takes

some people just aren't into cars

Are yoy future me? I've been for 8 months to actually save up for a blue firebird. I'll be buying it in April

its not even ignorance

some people just dont have mental issues and think of a car as anything more than a car

what I don't understand is why anyone would get a Camaro over a Firebird

Base (V6) or Formula/Trans Am (V8) and manual or auto?
Pretty good car to wrench on for being a first timer, everything is fairly simple to do and figure out.

I take it you're a senior in high school.
You'll quickly find that those people don't matter, and your happiness should not be derived from comparing yourself to wealthier people you happen to live near.

>Life is so unfair
You don't even know.

>get first car
>minivan
>windows don't roll down
>wipers don't work
>blinkers don't blink
>drive the piss out of it
>FWD peel outs
>it has an foot e-brake
>fucking hit that shit for roundabouts and shit
>drive it into a ditch in the snow
>twice
>muffler falls off
>just fucking leave it, man
>take out the rear seats
>fucking lay blankets and shit
>get LED lights and shit
>live in it for a few days out of town fucking this college bitch
>brakes seize up in the back
>fuck it, just drag the tire around stiff until the break gives out
>coming off the highway, pretending I'm driving a manual
>downshift into 1st at like 40MPH
>takes it like a champ, fucking peppy ass v6 lemme tell ya

Still starts up today.

I don't know what kind of car the top one is but seeing it in the crusher is making me sad

What is most sad about this story, is that it took you two summers to afford a turd gen.

You just know this is some greasy little smallfat huddled over his phone exploding in high pitched cackling with each epic troll he types out.

Nice 350 models can be a bit pricier than tradh-condition 305s, and OP probably has other expenses

>teenager
>other expenses
K

You haven't seen shit OP.
>once had a guy that went out in clubs with 2$ and shit.
>Like the guy is the most bottom of bottom poorest living in a dirt shack with his mum and dad (who also use the fucking bus).
>anyways the guy is looking at the cars he would like to buy ( doesn't work, just wastes his time on xbone all day long) and asks me for advice.
>advise him on a few cars that wouldn't rape his wallet and could be had for cheap. ( geo metro, civic,corolla etc for 500$)
>"Naw, I wouldn't want to be embarassed, that shit is beneath me."
>proceeds to look at E46 BMWs whining about why are they so expensive and why he cant have them for cheap

this guy also thought about buying pre 60s jag, and restoring it despite having no automotive knowledge, thinking because the car is old it can be bought for 100$ (along with parts), not a single wrench or screwdriver to his name and most hilariously no licence or ever stepping a foot in drivers seat.

Not everyone's parents pay for everything

My parents didnt pay for anything for me.
I got a job at 16 and bought an rx7 within months.
Some of us are responsible.

Shit. This is even worse than I treat my 94 Aerostar.
>230k miles when the odometer gave out three years ago
>Just add half a quart of dollar general 10-40 when the check oil light comes on
>Nigger rigged the alternator belt tensioner with a piece of allthread from home depot
>No seats, rear wheel drive and shitty tires so DRIFTIIIIIIIIIIII
>overdrive don't work, cruise to work on 20f mornings at an estimated 4500 rpm in third
>Both hubcaps disentigrated and fell off at separate times
>Mystery sludge leaks onto the driver side front hub
>Had to replace a plug wire, literally a birds nest on the back of the motor
>Brakes extremely soft, hold it to the floor if you need to stop semi quick
>Belts squealing all the time
>Dies often, won't idle, usually at red lights

Vans are the best. Its almost too broke to bother fixing, but the Vulcan V6 just keeps hanging on for dear life

I still hate your fitment though I do understand that you got the wheels/tires for free.

I'm a bit in the same boat as you. My friend gets a fairly new Civic hybrid in great shape from his parents after his Ranger shits the bed and I never see him drive it. (Though to be fair he's not really a car guy) I buy my car and am in the process of fixing it up and the only help I'm getting is technical advice.

Nigger when I got my job at 16, I was making *maybe* $550/mo. Being super conservative, I managed to save about $300 of that a month.
Gas for when I drove the parent's cars, the increase by adding me to the insurance policy, and occasional expenses related to extracurriculars ate the difference.

It's not worth sacrificing those few years of teen social life and school performance, just to slave away all day at some shit-tier minimum wage job.

V6 5speed base.

>had to work 2 summers for a turd gen
Lmao faggot I worked 1 summer and I bought an e46 330i

Love the color so much. Hope you treat it well. Noticing that the paint on the plastic bumpers for mine has faded much worse than the near-pristine paint on the metal parts, so make sure you protect those with wax if you want to keep it looking nice.

I swapped in a 70's 350 before I sold it, was decent but I wanted a 4x4

OP here, totally agree. My parents had the money for a decent shit box, but my dad and I agreed that I should actually earn it myself. Guess that's why I wanted to keep it in good condition

Vulcans are tougher than than need to be. I let my mom borrow my shitbox '92 Ranger while I had my Turd Gen and a month later found out she basically had it running for a week with almost no coolant and was only slighty slower than it already was