Calculating actual earning after all withholdings/taxes

hi Veeky Forums, i'm a student living in CA.

i am starting a job that pays $30,000 salaried a year.

I just want to confirm that after all federal and state withholdings am I really only earning just over $21k yearly?

why does this seem so fucked

Congratulations son. You are a man now. Wait until they start taking half.

redid math. it's 24k

if i was earning enough to be required to take half i wouldn't be so worried. it's just turbulent living in LA for college

because California is a liberal run shithole and you're paying 10x what you should be to live. This is why the flyover states are the secret gems. It's the same goddamn life minus the crippling expense.

not sticking around this portion of CA if I did stay in the state. in NorCal it's sometimes a third of the cost of living compared to even Koreatown (where ill be moving for the remainder of college). $400 for a studio back home, $1200 here- luckily, big market jobs are starting to appear in my town specifically despite being a traditionally low-mid market. thanks, technology boom

Its not. Cali is literally the pioneer for all western culture, you live in the fucking now. Fuck shit tier midwest etc its garbage i dont wanna look at fucking rocks and grass all day faggot

NorCal has a lower cost of living because theres no jobs

>because theres no jobs
>big market jobs are starting to appear in my town specifically despite being a traditionally low-mid market

sucks for everyone but me

It is the cost of living in a region with decent amount of jobs/infrastructure/quality of living. You can move to the midwest but you are completely and utterly fucked if anything happens and you get let go. There are more opportunities in the cities but even there they are basically mini California.

>americans crying about their 15% middle class tax bracket

this is what happens when Trump spouts ouut hilarious bullshit like ''we are the highest taxed nation in the world'' and uneducated idiots believe him

Is bell hop at a motel a big market job?

no, but build.com is the largest online home development site in the world and sierra nevada one of the largest brewing companies in CA and it's actually good beer

they pay very well for non-sales positions but i needed to completed my degree. only have good ties to build but supposedly my dad was buds with one of the founders of sierra nevada

small towns baby

Then what's the problem

getting by while i get my degree in LA. was trying to work up a vague financial plan for 2017 with the job im about to start

threads over i just left the window open

Live in Austin, retard. It's the same meme culture of california, except there's actually jobs and central texas is cheap as all fuck while expanding like hell.

>NorCal has a lower cost of living

Tell that to someone living in San Francisco who would of just paid $5 million for a closet with a bed in it

this is for you

Pretty sure NorCal refers to everything past, say...Marin.

SF isn't Northern California m8

> SF isn't Northern California m8

You might be mentally retarded.

We also have 7% FICA and most of us have 5% state. People making 12k are in a 22% tax bracket because of this.

I'm taxed at nearly 50% and I have to pay an additional 15% tax on nearly everything I buy

which means that, at the end of the day, I give more money to the government than I make, quite literally

how fucked up is that ?

You're a minority shareholder of your own life. Leave.

We fight to avoid that in the USA so there will be a single western country where the government doesn't cuck you. There has to be a place to escape from this bullshit without descending to third world shitholes.

We're the Last Bastion.

I'd still rather live there than in the USA desu, at the end of the day I get much more money out of my tax dollars than you guys do (Canada)

there are only a few countries that have better QOL imo, probably Switzerland/Norway/Australia

Your PM just gave an open invitation to Mexico, let me know the QOL in 10 years when 30% of your tax revenue is disappearing into the black whole of unpaid ER visits.

There's a reason the US has the most expensive health care, and it's because we have 11,000,000+ people who must be treated but cannot be charged.

You're right about the future, it does not look bright for canada

Hence why I will probably move to CH later on when I accumulate enough money or if I get a good job there,

>we have 11,000,000+ people who must be treated but cannot be charged.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

What are you trying to say? 11 million is the number acknowledged by our government in 2011. Illegal immigrants do not have social security numbers, they cannot sign on for health insurance. Emergency Rooms cannot refuse patients so they're the only way illegals can get treatment, so that's where they go for anything.

It's not evil, it's desperation. That doesn't mean it's not an enormous burden on our system.