How fucked am I?

How fucked am I, Veeky Forums?

> In center lane
> Try to merge into left lane because mistake
> Turn Signal for 5 seconds, notice only person was SUV pretty far back and the light was red.
> Suddenly SUV hits my side and I countersteer.
> Police and insurance involved, I get citation and was deemed at fault.
I'm not too worried about the citation as I am the insurance implications. How fucked am I in terms of an increase in insurance and the cost of her repairs? I'm aware of little basic shit getting blown out of proportion by corrupt estimates.

> pic related, my car

This is her SUV.

You fucked up, should have offered like 300 bucks to go separate ways and not get police or insurance involved. All of that will come off with a compound except for paint cuts on the right which could be filled with touch up pen. Coworker hit my parked car and that's what I did, everything went better than expected

1/2

2/2

MS paint up a diagram.

I don't even understand what happened. Did you not look before you tried to switch lanes?

Think OP was at a red light and tried to change lanes and did it in front of an SUV. Thats how front ends touched.

I live in a college town with old people. She was an older woman who didn't want to do it without police/insurance.

I guess. She was on her phone and the cop did call her out on that but it was ultimately my fault. I tried to merge where there was a solid white line.

>OP changes lanes a bit late
>gets woman driver'd
>still at fault because muh solid lines

>drive into someone
>not your fault

I'm really bummed out, man. I've never been in any kind of vehicle collision besides some random person who scraped my bumper in the school parking lot...

This car isn't much. It's a used Kia Spectra5 that I bought as a daily, and it's my first car. But this really resonated with me, and made me realize that I could invest in the car of my dreams and it could all be ruined in an instant...

>her

How did I know?

i think it's ridiculous that little damage like can end up costing a fortune in higher insurance rates plus body work

it's just a fucking dent/scratch who cares

that's my biggest concern...

try contacting her to do this outside of insurance. there is a chance that she might not call but you should take this as a chance to not totally fuck up your premium

>bald_tires.jpg

between paintless dent repair and sprayless scratch repair, that could be fixed for about $200

Nigga you're blind.

Posting this in case anyone in still here.

I dinged a guy in parking lot and he got this dent. His restoration shop or whatever quoted him at $1630 in repairs. I don't know a lot about autobody repairs and stuff but that seems a little absurd to me.

Am I being wronged here or is this normal?

this is what im afraid of

I don't get how the quote is so expensive but maybe someone knowledgeable can shed some light.

Hope it goes well for you though.

if you're the other user, same to you man...
I swear driving becomes more and more of a hassle every single day. makes you want to take a bus sometimes...

Car repairs are expensive no matter how little damage is done. Back in 2004, some asshole rear ended my 89 civic. He crushed one of my back tail lights and dented my rear end, and the auto body shop quoted me 4k to repair it. The car was not even worth 2.5k, but I throw a fit when they wanted to total my car and had their insurance cover it.

Your insurance probably won't even go up. I backed into someone and did worse damage then you and my insurance didn't go up.

I rear ended someone and my insurance went up like 7$ for like 6 months then dropped.
Don't worry about it and next time look twice before cutting someone off

If OP is under 25, I imagine his insurance would increase. He might get lucky though.

>OP sees woman SUV
>assumes they don't drive like a retard

lmao

Body shops are almost as bad as the medical industry when it comes to quoting absurd prices at insurance companies because they know they'll pay it. They'll say 4k in damage when insurance is paying but if you go to them with some dents in your car willing to pay cash all of a sudden the price is half that.

I would have not done anything, it is better that way. Then it starts to make you wonder, what is the point of having insurance anyway?

>what is the point of having insurance anyway?
I only have it because it's legally required to have in my state.

>I only have it because it's legally required to have in my state.
I did some googling after reading your post and holy shit you're right
>New Hampshire is the only state that doesn't mandate car insurance for all drivers. Instead, drivers just need to prove they are able to pay for damages in the case of an at-fault accident.
I also checked those dubs

I live in AZ and most people here gladly have it because of illegals. I live in Prescott so I don't really have to worry about illegals up here. However, if I lived in Phoenix I'd be stupid not to have it. If you get hit by an illegal, you're completely fucked. None of them have insurance and you will never ever get money out of them.

Are you niggas serious? Do you guys not know what goes into repairs, and bodywork.
> You pay for a complete teardown of all effected parts, and all parts that will be painted, and blended
> Then it goes to body work (if applicable) this usually involves completely cutting off the old part, and welding on a new one which isn't cheap and can take a lot of time.
> And/or New parts are ordered, straight from the manufacturer, which is expensive, parts come raw (if painted) so must be painted.
> Parts go to paint. Which has to be color matched good enough to pass Quality Control (if part must be painted)
> Its painted, the surroundingareas are blended as well ( I.g. if your fender got damaged enough to have to be painted, the front door, and the A pillar must be painted and "faded" into the new paint, this is known as blending because itd look retarded if just one spot had fresh paint and everything else was older.
> car must be put back together, and re calibrated to make sure everything is to factory spec (Everythingis straight and lined up correctly, on a machine that gets data straight from the manufacturer)
If you think the prices are absurd, go to a legitimate bodyshop and see all the shit the car has to go through on top of your insurance fighting us every step of the way.
t. Collison repair person guy thing

You forgot the
>100 dollars an hour in labor for Jose and Juan to sand Bondo and pop body clips

Some dumb bitch rear ended my car a few months ago sitting at a stop light. The light turned green but there was somebody making a left turn in front, so we couldn't move. She decided she wanted to go anyway, with her face shoved in her phone.

Got a couple scrapes on my car, her shit was all pushed in. Her daddy wanted to pay me a couple hundred dollars so we wouldn't have to go through insurance. I told him if he wanted to pay the repair bill at my shop of choice that'd be fine.

Shop charged $1500 to repaint my bumper. The guy was so fucking pissed, I could hear him cursing and swearing at the shop workers in French, but they only spoke English. Almost felt bad for them, but he paid up in the end.

TL;DR - Shops charge stupid prices for shit like this and will effect your insurance. And i got a free paintjob for my bumper.

>Which has to be color matched good enough to pass Quality Control
And then you put it under a UV light and see the color match isn't even close. If a body shop says they can repair it, I expect to get my car back in its original state before the collision.

>Her daddy wanted to pay me a couple hundred dollars so we wouldn't have to go through insurance
I assume you still called the police and got her cited, right? I had some bloke hit me a few months ago and he wanted to avoid the insurance companies, which was fine, but when he said he also wanted to leave the cops out of it, I told him he was daft.

I don't understand how you could have such little respect not only for other drivers but for your own car when you text and drive.

I really didn't care, was only going to call the police if he wouldn't pay right then and there. I just wanted to get my bumper painted.

My insurance company totaled my car because of the cost to paint it. Without the paint job, repairs would've been around $2300.

I caused an accident. It wasn't too bad but one person wasn't happy with what insurance wanted to pay.

She sued me and didn't show up to court. My insurance sent a rep and was willing to settle on 7k. (they already paid out the car damage, this was for medical. My insurance doubled from 170 a month to 340 dollars.

She sued again and the court was too busy so we got told to come back in three months. So I take a day off work again to go and he does find she was asking too much. She gets 6,800 and my now this will be on my credit for years.

Just hope they don't sue OP. It's lame. My insurance is currently 320 a month.

she just called her insurance and they called me. i dont think she will sue.

You got it right there. The entire way insurance works is a slippery slope and has been slipping for decades. The damaged party can claim outrageous monetary damages and the liable party has little recourse. I've had two incidents in my truck that illustrate how messed up it is from both sides, one I was at fault and one I wasn't

First story
>Be looking for decent parking spot at Sam's Club
>See empty spot beside cart corral
>Pulling in, see it's empty because other lifted truck has parked like an asshole right up on his line
>Whatever, I'll just teach him a lesson and park right up against him
>Forget about us both having huge mirrors at the same height
>Mirrors hit one another, his flips back (made to do this) and ends up coming to rest against my truck
>Do my shopping and come outside to find a furious douchebag with the store manager filling out an incident report and cops on the way
>He's screaming and threatening me, I just hop up in my bed, take some pictures and sit on my toolbox until the cop is there
>Manager apologizes to me, cop explains to him that this isn't a police matter but still fills out an incident report indicating I conceded I was at fault
>Months later, my insurance company calls me telling me he's filed a $4,500 claim
>Explain clearly that his mirror was the only thing that ever made contact and it only flipped back and MAYBE rubbed a few millimeters of plastic off, email them photos
>She says that she's talked to this guy and agrees that he's a huge douche but an insurance adjuster still has to come out
>Show him my truck, the little scuff in my paint and the photos I took
>Never hear anything more about it but I hope they filed criminal charges against that ass - but they probably didn't

cot'd

Second story
>Be driving along in rightmost lane on 5 lane road
>Ole lady turns left from the other side of the road
>Crosses five lanes into my lane
>Try to turn as well as I can but her right fender still bumps into the back of my driver's tire
>Pull into parking lot, she has a big shallow dent that could be pulled easily
>Zero damage to my truck
>I try to just let her go
>She insists I'm at fault
>Okay, fine I guess I'll call a cop
>She gets ticketed obviously
>For fucking MONTHS I get phone calls from attorneys trying to subtly convince me I should sue her

Shit's whack, Man.

would the pictures i posted be good to send in case they try to pull some wack shit?

>340$ a month
nigga u srs?
Where do you live? Did you mean "per year"?