Is "organized" illegal street racing a thing outside of video games and films?

Is "organized" illegal street racing a thing outside of video games and films?

Or is it all just two's and three's pickup races at streetlights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4slFq1iNaY
youtu.be/Jk-FmCjEfEc
youtu.be/CD1tykUAzsE
youtu.be/9qPPBtKv-to
youtu.be/f9I7PfHtGDE
youtu.be/AKrEAPVxOVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=inXxUsQzkkU
youtube.com/watch?v=m0ybaWqg8-o
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uzROpLwxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just check out the shit in 1320video's outrun in Texas. That shit is legit organized street racing.

Not the Need for Speed style street hooning (it's not organized in the traditional sense at least) but highly organized drag racing and highway pulling scenes are very much a thing and have been forever

nah that shit happens. it usually starts with a few fags and then mutates into fast and furious type shit and by thattime the cops are aware and ready to bust it up. There was a huge organized street race in san diego (maybe oakland) a few years back that someone found a stream for. The cops blocked all the exits and then as everyone tried to leave they ticketed everyone, one by one.

>they ticketed everyone, one by one.

For what?

Some places have passed laws that basically make it illegal to even be at a street race. Like if you are within a certain amount of feet of a street race and you are to slow to get away from the cops you get fined. You dont even have to be racing, just on your bicycle watching can get you a fine.

What the fuck? Are you serious?

>Land of the free

its because some of these events have people that block/slow the cops so the racers can get a away.

Yes.

California

Sounds like the bay area racing scene for sure

ever been to one, first Titus mind boggling.

Here in NC there is some.

There's organization, but the most you'll probably ever see in a single race is four.

You want double-digit poles, you need to go legal.

'organization' is really nothing more than some phone calls and text messages between friends

There was a huge nighttime scene up on Mulholland, here in LA. After awhile, the residents up there raised hell and the cops shut the whole thing down.
The stretch they used is awesome though, I drive it almost every day just for the hell of it.

>You'll never live the NfS:Carbon life of street racing and car crews

Yeah, I'm sure you're speaking from experience.

Carbon was shit. There's so many other more compelling street racing fictional universes.

Give me some

The one right before it, most wanted.

Only thing carbon has on it is drifting

youtube.com/watch?v=n4slFq1iNaY

Street drifting is more fun and skill than spending a ton of dosh on power or driving straight.
youtu.be/Jk-FmCjEfEc
youtu.be/CD1tykUAzsE
youtu.be/9qPPBtKv-to
youtu.be/f9I7PfHtGDE
youtu.be/AKrEAPVxOVQ

My car group often does highway runs, however no surface street racing like F&F

Your car group? Is it a bunch of shitboxes?

we're talking about real street racing you dumb fucking hick

Different user here,
but
>Most Wanted
Most Wanted as a Universe was pretty hardcore compared to more laid back UG.
If you wanted to be a Top Racer you had to become a Vehicular Terrorist.

Why does Dagumi have jizz on his face?

They do it every Sunday in New Orleans. I haven't been myself but I don't even think the cops give a shit because it's in the outskirts of the city.

They get involved every now and then but that doesn't stop them from racing almost every single week.

>pic related

Most of the old heads in the Seattle area know about the Kent street races that happened every Saturday night in the industrial lots. Lots of people showed up, usually 50 cars or so, all stripped out Honda's and Subarus pretty much. The area was set up in a perfect grid so we would just go two at a time right after one another. 10-20 drag races in the span of about 3 minutes.

Cops got good about breaking it up before shit even started so it really died down about 5 years ago. Now it's not anything close to what it used to be. My friend got a ticket for racing even though he technically wasn't, got caught at the end of a drag line when he was trying to spectate, lol.

>California
>free
Wew lad

yeah, no

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=inXxUsQzkkU

Fast and Furious style street racing makes for an interesting movie, but I'd think something like Two Lane Blacktop would be more likely to actually happen IRL.

>not that i'd know. my interest in cars is way to casual

I saw an highway drag race with a rolling start once.

They start as normal car meets, then when it's late enough that most of the normies left, the popo isn't patrolling as hard and, most of all, the traffic is mostly gone, a small group of cars head for the designated highway.

At this point two groups of cars make a traffic "barricade" in front and behind the two dueling cars so that there is a long stretch of empty road to use.
When everything is ready, the two duelers go side by side at around 80km/h and then they somehow find a way to start the race with an agreed signal (sometimes the race starts by letting the supposed inferior car pull first, immediately followed by the other).
The race ends when someone is too scared to continue or when there is more than a couple of car-lenghts between the two cars.

It's surprisingly organized for being something that is usually decided on a whim by a small group of people

Midnight Club 3/LA?

yes.
Going with some friends on our secret track this weekend.

Organising a night long cruise on summer soilistice

Large groups sometimes in triple digits gather every thursday on couple of ice tracks made in parking lots during winter.

Street racing is dying tho. But if there is a safe, little risk area that nobody gives a fuck about you can bet your ass car people use it.

Also drag racing is for faglords.

>ywn get to race on the wangan in the midnight club and do 300km/h in your 500hp pentaroof 300zx

Touge is still the best kind of street "racing" you can do. Just find an empty windy road with two fixed points on it and set times to beat

There's a secret area in Fontana CA where they race for da moniez. A few days ago a guy in a midnight blue 240sx with a silvia front end left $3,000

*left with $3,000*

We have constant races at DA PAD in Niggerass New Orleans. There are groups that organize runs out there.

There used to be a road in my city that was perfect for drag racing and essentially was a drag strip back in the 90's according to my brother. I like to make fun of one of my teachers who had a Foxbody Mustang GT back then, asking him about all the times he got his ass kicked there.

At some point General Motors built a huge office at the end of the road and it actually has traffic now.

Somewhere around here three's actually an organized legal arm drop drag race event on a runway lol.

It's California. If the car's registered here the cops can just go "your car appears to be heavily modified pop the hood so I can check for smog violations".
If they really wanted to they could just impound everyone at the event with California plates that way.

Can confirm, am a dallasfag who attends and has friends who run

can confirm, the Kent races are heavily targeted. I used to see their meets on fridays, always at the same gas station, always with a cop chilling with them

It happens on my side of town every night. Bunch of rich college students hooning around in their riced out Subarus.

Those guys in Night Wave seem to be organizing street races as well in Houston.

I was in a legit 2 fast 2 furious style scramble one time a few years ago when the cops showed up to the industrial area where close to 60 or 70 cars were racing, shit was pretty cool. The scene here in ny is so dead now though

>roll races and drag races are not real street racing

Wew

ausfag here we basically killed everything fun even in small cities and towns

fuck this gay place

Nice shadow you fat fuck

they're really not you stupid fuck.
"""""""racing"""""" in a straight line is just fucking stupid because there's no skill involved. It's all a matter of who has the better car (and let's say 1% who can shift better assuming they're actually in manual trans cars that are of similar stats).

Literally only idiots think they're ""racing"" in a straight line, I see it all the time when kids get a BMW from daddy.
Racing can only be done if there's at least 2 people involved and if there are corners involved.

If you go on a mountain downhill or uphill, then there's actual skill involved, because on a downhill with plenty of turns an underpowered car in the hands of a skilled driver can negate the advantage of a more powerful car driven by an average driver and cornering speed and anticipation plays a larger factor.

Shit, even if you want to street race like in need for speed there needs to be a set route, preferably late at night in a semi-isolated area with at least a few turns.
Highway rolls are a joke. Drag racing if not done in professionally built drag cars with stupid horsepower is a joke.
Fuck off with """""""drag"""""" racing in your stupid 200+ hp shitbox you fucking faggot.

tl;dr if you're drag racing in a sub 1000+ hp car in this day and age you are a complete faggot and you should look into ways of ending yourself.
prove me wrong.
>protip: you can't
>inb4 replying to bait
I can't stand these stupid children

>going in a straight line
>racing

You big mad now

you're laughing now mate, but later on tonight I'll get my best gypsy to put a curse on your family

That van is brillinant.

t. 120hp miata driving purist "proper racing involves corners" faggot

/thread

>people dont think roll racing and street drags are street racing

so you think street racing is racing to a certain point or going through checkpoint to checkpoint on public streets like this is fucking GTA? Wrong.

haha, no.
peasants (anyone who isn't a politician or a cop) aren't not allowed to have fun.
"technically" you can't mod your car without "homologation" and paying out the ass (aka bribe)

and there were cases of license taken away by doing small burnout or accidentally sliding the rear.

sounds like you live in Australia

There's usually little meets all the time, you just gotta know where to look, 'cause they do get busted once in awhile and then gotta move to a new location.

My friends and I at a tire shop would always get off work pretty late (we stayed open until 10), and then we'd just get in our cars, and street race eachother red light to red light, until we found a couple other groups.

>and there were cases of license taken away by doing small burnout or accidentally sliding the rear.
U wot? What commie shithole do you live in?

Fat americans who watch oval "racing" on tv spotted.

>commie
It's called fascist.

not the person you replied to but hooning a gutless lightweight car is the most fun Ive had.

You should try it.

turning a steering wheel takes no skill either

just because your shitbox is slower than a base model Corolla doesnt mean drag is bad

t. triggered mommy's little princess
get the fuck off my chinese matchstick forum you faggots and go """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""race""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" your shitty pigfat cars

used to live in tampa. pretty famous street races on gandy bridge everynight. Done a few pulls against some shit gti's and riced out hondas. I wasnt a regular but there are races at least every friday and saturday night. the bridge is narrow so cops cant do much except pull people over around the ends
>tfw they get beat by a saturn
>tfw no cop gives my car a second look compared to all the ricey, loud shitheaps

looks like someone really does drive an anemic piece of shit

whats worse is they think turning a steering wheel makes them special

heres a video for reference. Its only very mildly organized

youtube.com/watch?v=m0ybaWqg8-o

Japan still has the downhill/uphill drifting, but I guess it's more like friendly tandems than racing, but it sure looks cool.
With the snow they use 150 dollar kei car shitboxes and hoon with handbrake, it looks ridiculously fun.

t. berniecuck.

please tell me what it is that you drive newfriend

oh and hes a basement beta nazi to top it off

gee wiz

and this one is gonna sperg because I wont post a picture of a car so he can talk shit

lmao

mate you seem distressed. no one is sperging out other than you who keeps on spouting memes.

"lmao turning a steering wheel" what the fuck are you even trying to say with this? are you actually retarded? do you even drive a car?

I gave you actual, objective reasons for why I don't consider drag racing in shitboxes actual racing.
I feel like you're gonna tell me "those faggots from formula 1 only turn the steering wheel like omg so hard lol".

I legit feel sorry for you if you're not baiting because you might suffer from actual autism.

its funny because I havent said any memes and you seem quite mad at real facts (and not your my feelings are facts whining)

you damn kids are always racing outside my work on 54th ave

what real facts you stupid fuck, what the fuck are you even saying?
did you even read my post? how old are you?

Im guessing english isnt your first language or you arent very smart

Racing down the Vasco da Gama bridge is still a thing, though becoming a bit less often. Also they're mostly shitboxes, so I'm not sure you can count that as a street race.

Drags yes, drift events/circuit races not that Ive ever seen.

end your life

I live in shithole oakland and let me tell you, there's plenty of people racing all the damn time.

And the sideshows. People legitimately shut down the freeway to do burnouts. But yes, there are indeed organized races, and organized sideshows. But oakland is famous for that shit.

mexico here

atleast here there is literally fast & furious type shit. every tuesday night the wealtheist people in the state and those with tuning garages gather up by a major highway and get at it

there's shit from 500hp tuned golf's to ferraris and lamborghinis.

and because its mexico, sometimes the cops come over, get drunk with everyone else and overall everyone has a good time.

My city used to have an illegal shitbox-only drag scene, but them some nigger died and they shut it down.

Basically, only polos and civics were allowed to make it fair

>and because its mexico, sometimes the cops come over, get drunk with everyone else and overall everyone has a good time.

thats some shit

about the best I ever got were cops just telling racers to move somewhere else since people were complaining

>Basically, only polos and civics were allowed to make it fair

they needed to be edumacated on street racing

so you can stand around shit talking for 30 minutes before racing trying to make things fair or agree on a bet

TV only breh

TXR0/3/D.
Probably the best for the entire team racing thing.

>they needed to be edumacated on street racing
What I mean is that no one ever agreed to race a charger or anything that costs actual money

kent races were great. the guy from the "true life: im a street racer" lurks around evergreen speedway during big drift events now, lol.

which is why they needed to be edumacated

just be all

"You got a Charger, I got an old piece of shit VW. Give me some lengths."

More like race in reverse kek

Anyway, these races were great, I mean, nigger tuned base model civics is where shit is hot

Guy from Oklahoma here who's moving to Seattle, & recently visited

I heard about Kent.where do most people meet up? At gas stations? Are there car meet ups?

>tfw busrider
>want to buy a car and get involved up in the local twisties
>have no clue if i'll even find anybody to drive with

>buy a miata
>join multiple forums
>meet up with local people
>drive twisties

Saw these guys while I was coming home from Denver one night
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uzROpLwxk
Kind of retarded since it's all just roll "racing" though. My town has some good canyons, twisties, and uphill/downhill stuff close by so I've been up there a few times.

Where I am from, its not so organized, but just known. For literally decades, people have been meeting up in the same spot and we all go onto 1 of the 4 highways this area connects to. You pretty much set up the races at the meeting place, then go out and do it then come back. Everyone has their group they hang out with and its pretty fucking F&F style

Turning corners requires more pedal work than drag racing does, in addition to steering and shifting.