/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Mutt palicoes edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Sorry is this the Animal Crossing general?

>Isabelle Butt.png

>Isabelle Butt.jpg

>being cucked by OP

>yfw wolfs maw v
>have to kill 2 G Hyper Savage Jho in the arena, on site items only

>No armor

With the Switch's paid online, do you think small monsters will finally sync to other players and not despawn in seconds?

58-7037-0958-9310
Event: The Exploding Flame King

PW 7243

>Sync to other players
Hell no.
Less traffic going between players, the better. Regardless how good servers are.

>Not despawn in seconds
Maybe.

wait arena is too easy, forlorn arena

>fight my first astalos
>fun fight monster looks great
>can't wait to see what it's gear is like
>switch axe is element phial
FUCK. YOU.

4u room
turns
41 3005 5409 0058

What's a good early HR bow armor?

Get fucked reload sword boy

So I'm trying to complete out of the frying pan and wrath of rath (playing aerial DBs) but I'm getting absolutely ass blasted by the monsters. I'm fighting in low rank armor:

Rathalos Cap
Rathalos Mail
Ceanataur Braces
Rathalos Faulds
Bnahabra Boots

for Razor Sharp, Weakness Exploit & Attack Up (S) and it has worked nicely for me so far (HR6) but I'm getting hit for so much now in the advanced quests. I ideally wanted to be able to build a silver sol mix as my next general set but I don't think I'll be able to defeat the enemies nevermind farming them. Do I just need to get good or should I try to building an intermediate high rank set (I don't really want to use the resources when I'm building another set right after)? Did you guys have trouble with Deviljho and Gold/Silver Raths? Any tips?

astalos weapons are pretty shit compared to other thunder options

just use adept db's and cheese through the fight if you want hayabusa

Yeah I had a good fucking fight with Gold/Silver
But you push through it and come out better
Keep going until you can see the attack coming before it starts lad

I believe that was the point.

I've never used adept because it seems so weird for the B button to not be a jump button but the land & aerial dodges look so cool haha. I'll try it out I've always wanted to learn both aerial and adept but I was having so much fun with aerial.
alright thanks man

You said you had some trouble with Jho so I suggested adept, adept you can literally just relax while fighting jho

Yeah I'm playing it right now and I can definitely see the potential I am just so bad with it since I'm used to being in the air.

44-1695-4026-1728

Gen Turns, anything goes.

Damn it stop listening to him, adept will make you a complete shitter

Haha is adept DBs or adept style in general looked down upon? I'm looking at some youtube vids now and the difference between them and myself is insane. I'm constantly chugging pots and maneuvering mid air so I don't get hit and these guys are just going through gold rathian's tail like it's nothing

Adept evades are automatically Evasion +3 and Evade Dist up essentially, but without needing the armor skills AND they power you up after.

Aerial is also looked down on, but most people shit on adept because "muh ez mode git gud and don't use"

There are some retards that apparently can't adjust between different playstyles so they think playing adept will make you bad forever, just ignore them.

Different user here, why is aerial looked down on.

>much more forgiving iframes will make them better at timing their dodges

wow interesting!

In 4 mounting and IG were added, and frenchie shitters would do nothing but spam the IG hop into mountspam.
Plus mounting-spam in general is looked down on as "ez mode" because mounting leads to toppling leads to free damage on the monster.

And people who play aerial have to spam their jumps to get maximum output for their style, and spam is also inherently looked down on.

Mount spamming is "easy mode" but it's shit for times
You should really only use it for metal raths and fatalis

What about guild and striker in general? For DBs the only really good hunter art is Wolf's Maw so I thought it would be natural to focus on adept or aerial but I guess you could use the others as well/the general ones.

is gens online still active at like 4 star bracets and shit?
did village which had a bit too much gathering quests so i burned out fairly fast after finishing it and doing some hub quests
thinking of picking the game up again but if there aint anyone to hunt it wont bother

I mean nobody's gonna complain in game if you're using adept or aerial, so long as your actual play is good.
For DBs, yea, adept is probably best, and with Wolf's Maw, since you attack while evading.
Just don't play like a frenchie shitter and you'll be fine. (as in have coherent armor with actual active skills, bring healing and heal early and often, don't cart more than once or twice, don't just spam aerial moves (unless you are using aerial style), etc)

Hello retard that can't adjust between different playstyles, glad you could make it.

Pellet shot was nerfed in 4U? It feels like I'm shooting out bits of paper compared to 3U.

Alright cool. Also last question, is there an option to perform the special attack function without directly pressing it on the touch screen? In aerial style there is no demon dance in demon mode so X+A performs the sliding attack which is what I want to do in adept mode but the X+A does demon dance now

How come you didn't join the other room instead? You don't like naked bro?

X+A will do a forward spin in adept if you have the archdemon gague filled. Otherwise it'll do Demon Dance in demon mode and normal mode.

Probably more that Adept is largely safe due to its generous window and invulnerability to the entire attack, most monsters don't chain attacks quickly to punish abuse of it like Zinogre.

Adept guarding is a bit different for Lance/GL/CB, the window for it is especially a lot more strict

Aerial is a bit cheesey, it's not overly great or fast.

In a typical /mhg/ room you won't be called out for either.

in the options you can set start/select button as kick/special attack

>demon dance in normal mode
>damage on dodge
who the fuck approved this?

cool, ty guys

.it's a weaker version with fewer hits and less motion value when in normal.
And you can't Demon Dance at all in archdemon.
Also, the damage on dodging has an incredibly small hitbox, like you have to dodge through the monster's main body to hit reliably.

mini demon dance has the benefit of being able to cancel at any time

lol, good way to put it

Another Mashima Hiro designed gear

Female only?

Only the sword. Armor is from MH4.

Why always a longsword huh?

Japan will never stop stroking its own cock

Superior nippon memes.

>first time hunting Nargacuga in Gen
>Adept Bow

This has to be some sort of joke, it can't be this easy. Who allowed this to happen?

>doing a thing in gen
>adept

wow y so ez

gigginox more like giggisux lol

gigginox
more like

Fuckin' dumbinox

adept bow literally took every disadvantage to using bow and turned it into a massive advantage so yeah no shit

Spotted the dicked cadet

Shit, it's been awhile since i've been on the general, left before XX was announced, at least.

So, anything going on in the community? And are people still mainly playing Gen or have they moved to something else? I've been playing 4U on and off and haven't touched Gen in a while.

I took a break for months, came back to play 4u and MHO again.
I'm getting my shit wrecked my event monkey dick trying to get ready to solo the urgent apex one then going to try and beat the multiplayers equivalent of the masters quest again.
Solo life is hard.
What have you been doing in 4u?

Beating up Elder dragons that i had barely fought before in G-rank.

To be honest, there's still a few Elder dragons i haven't faced yet in 4U, despite having the game for so long. Just built the Kaiser X set because why not.

Nargacuga gets shafted by the soft lock anyway

Since I've only got Hellblade, Dreadking and crowns to complete on my card I've lost interest in Generations. For the time being anyway. And without you know who puting up daily rooms to carry me through those two cancer shits on 4U maps I'm just going to leave it alone until XX.

For now I'm playing through 4U again and getting my arse handed to me by shit like HR black fatty. Adept really killed what little skill I had. 4U is like a whole new game now.

Fatalis is a shitmon, deserves to get the jumpstick up his ass.

Oops. Meant to reply to Still getting used to using overchan.

Sometimes i wish i skipped over Gen and waited for the next game. XX is on its way, but now i'm not even that excited for it.

Gen tried some interesting stuff but imo a lot of it fell flat. Fun enough for me to get my money's worth but i didn't play it half as much as the previous games. Never even finished upgrading a deviant set.
Maybe i'm still on the fence about the direction the franchise is taking, i dunno.

Is Grongigas actually that good or is it just a meme? I thought 3U was Slime City + Kelbi Bow.

rip, good luck some of them are cunts to fight when your learning them. But thats the fun of monster hunter isnt it.
Yeah i refused to used adept for that fact, all i used was guild and mainly striker or what ever its called, got up to hr6 solo lance and thats when i quit.

>290 true raw
>can reach purple with s+1
>more slime than brach hammer with awaken

Poison overall is actually pretty strong as well. Slime is definitely overpowered in high rank.

Not at all. I managed to find a group farming HR3 nakarkos, but any other time I wanted to farm something (narga, tigrex, whatever), there were no rooms whatsoever.

It's a shame that we don't know if Gravios will return in MHXX or not, because I really want to see what happens when you use a Lv2 Water Pierce LBG on it.

You do realize Groingigas has slime... right?

the only thing I found troubling about the Jho in out of the Frying Pan is that is has nearly twice as much hp as Tigrex and Narga.

I had more trouble with narga and tigrex on my ass than jhojho. Learnt that the solution to that is just to run around a praying that they are on the opposite side when the fence goes up. Going aerial with pickle is retarded. Look at the thing. It's hitboxes literally scream that they'll swat you out of the sky. Jho did feel like he took a long time due to bouncing green when enraged + that HP and low rank armor but playing consistent will easily get you around 15 minutes for him. Striker lance was what I used (Charge is utter trash against jho. Striker had better pokes than the other styles.) Having jho enraged is pretty important as it nets you dragon breaths and simply strafing right will allow you to run towards him for free dps. Use poison meats if you feel like it. 1 sleep 1 para 3 poison(nets you 2 poisons and poison is one of jho's weaknesses) should net you considerable damage if you sleep bomb him. A thunder weapon is what I went with because they're all weak to it. Lagia lance for me. Pretty much everything oneshot me if it got a clean hit in.

after you kill jho, go to one of the fence buttons as soon as jho's body disappears and narga and tigrex's shadow appears hit the button, it will split narga and trigrex, bring smoke bombs as well and you can cruise through the quest easy, narga will be on the sloped side

i love monster hunter

i love it so much help

Aerial/Striker/Guild greatsword made me way too aggressive. It's so easy to just go batshit insane due to how fast the attacks can came out and the reliability of absolute dodges. Went back to 4U and holy shit the FPS. It felt way easier than gen though but that's probably because I had some insane sets up against shitmons like g rank rathian/bombs over gog and they flinched like motherfuckers. Apex whooped my ass though and I could feel I was being way more passive than I used to be because I knew I didn't have absolute evades and the "feeling of opportunities" was way too rusty. How ironic.

The funny thing is. I brought palicos when I did it (casually doing village quests). The little shits instantly died to every attack and ended up drawing narga's dick on me resulting in my only cart. Got two talons though so I now have talon + charms at low rank. Also smoke bombs with lance is painful.

Where does CB and IG fit on this

If it was 4U IG would be asked by everyone to do the monte thing. CB is I don't know. As a greatsword user I don't even acknowledge their existence for some reason. I guess it would be when a monster is locked down, KO please.

why do DB's love SnS?

Played Gen since launch while taking a couple of weeks to recharge here and there. Tried to crown farm to complete my awards because I wanted to do it all in at least one game, but Poogie frowns upon me and I can't take any more of this shit game. Fucked for 4U awards because I lost my o3ds shortly after the game launched and by the time I got my n3ds last march all that were left was faguettes, cheaters, and general shitters. Was surprised there were still some decent randoms to do Gog because I was about to give up and solo him.

>are people still playing gen
Peak hours for me were around midnight to 3pm so that was a contribution to my departure. Also the second I post any elder dragon that isn't Kushala people bail instantly, so you can expect the quality of players online is populated with. But I quit near the beginning of this month after doing the DLC so maybe some of the kiddies who were gifted Gen for Christmas got gud.

> still on the fence about the direction the franchise is taking
You aren't alone on that one. Hunter arts take all the challenge out of it and ever since launch if I even tried to ready a quest using guild style and no arts I was insta-kicked or people left. I went back to 4U and did a solo Black Diablos to see if I still got my groove, and luckily I still do.

Honestly I think xXx is gonna be my last monhun. If it doesn't release here then methinks I'll just retire now. I miss FU and having friends that still gave a shit about the series after P3rd.

It's like Adept in the fact that jumps usually allow you to cheese attacks by being above the monster. Monsters usually don't have high reaching attacks and the most commonly used aerial styles usually have an easily spammed and effective jump attack. When they do have high hitting boxes and strange movement then aerial goes to shit like with glavenus but ignoring that, a combination of invincibility and power is given making it a very easily played style. Don't get me wrong though, there are skilled ways to play it. Sniping head KOs with aerial charge blade is one. However anyone can just ignore the head or the very concept of weakspots and just spam whatever they want and still do pretty good damage along with free mounts. Personally I really don't care about the style unless it's full on easy mode and someone is ranting about how good they are.

what's better against dreadqueen/king, meme set with savage jho DB or CE+2, WE, Thunder +2, Ele Crit with Kirin DB?

Is 4U's charm table just as fucked as 3U's or did they fix it?

fixed

Hunter arts and styles really feel like some sort of incomplete fuck up. I've only used greatsword and lance and I know bow but here is my one word summary on it. Unbalanced. There is amazingly power house easy mode shit like striker lance and aerial greatsword which is boring as hell to play and complete garbage to play styles like adept greatsword, aerial bow, and adept lance. Sure there are inbetweens like guild lance but why run guild lance when striker lance has a solid three poke combo and 70 mv? Why run guild bow (backhop is bad that stamina cost tho) when adept bow exists? They feel like you're gimping yourself on purpose while playing the same "weapon style" by cutting off your own options which is not fun. You argue for more hunter arts options if you choose those styles? Pretty sure I run only absolute readiness and if I can, absolute evade. Maybe a good hunter art instead like enraged guard but those barely exist. Those that do exist usually have some powerful function that overshadows every other opton. Look at greatsword, they're all trash to use normally. Look at bow, only good one is rain, the rest are why. The only reason I use the others is for fun and when I do, it's not fun. Maybe there are plenty of good hunter arts like maybe sns. I don't know. All I know is absolute readiness is pretty much #1 on my hunter art choices or one of the other good ones and given that 2/4 styles only have one slot, I'm sad as I have no real choice and arts now feel like some sort of tacked on shit. I have no topic on gunner because lol inventory managment and lol bowguns never ever. Ultimately I feel like 14 x 4 styles is more like 14 overpowered choices, the rest are meh situational with minor differences. My thoughts are incoherent and are easily refuted. Feel free to do so.

>successfully denied of carves by a vespoid and spiketail

You now have a random table that is choosen when you boot up either the game or file. Resetting will choose another table. Tables have predetermined charms I believe. I believe this because cheating in cq's in 4U and checking what charms I get from a list of 100 or so each time resulted in me seeing some of the same charms being repeated during one save and a different set charms being repeated during another while seeing none of the charms in the first save I remember.

3U's table system was bugged in that it just set you on one at new game start, whereas the intentional behavior is to load you onto a random table each time you start playing. Which correctly happens with the rest.

No idea why save editors haven't figured out how to put one onto a new table, though.