Someone was driving a Corvette in central London and people we're laughing at it

Someone was driving a Corvette in central London and people we're laughing at it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xLbr2kOl8Gk
lmgtfy.com/?q=Volume vs mass
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thats a widebody corvette with a premium spec out of the factory

it probably cost the owner easily over 110k
and the running expenses would easily be more than your LIVING expenses

if anything the owner was laughing at you for standing around taking pics of cars

Why? That's a beautiful car.
Fucking plebs.

You shouldn't be laughing at any car if you don't own a car and take public transit.

>hear the rumble of a glorious American V8
>eurocuck starts laughing in fear
>thought they banned vette here
>runs home crying
>mom asks if eurocuck okay
>NOT NOW MOM I HAVE TO SHITPOST ON Veeky Forums!

it does look like complete shit and probably sounds like it too

Id laugh and loudly exclaim how ugly it is in hopes the owner could hear me

its an embarrassment compared to all the exotics that show up in London car videos

We heard that in 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000,2010, same engine, same sound, boring as fuck, highly strung engines with high displacements compared to their power output don't impress

>owns a civic with a fart can

>autism

Not even a corvette fan. Just ignore the damn thing and move on with what you were doing before you saw it.

hey now

the LS sounds exceptionally shit compared to old V8s

probably the worst sounding V8 ever

>He fell for the HP/L meme
>MFW
>I have no face

an autist wouldnt have the social courage to do it, stop projecting

its more fun to laugh at people

>People who only take pictures of cars with mid ranged cameras.
>Having valid opinions.

I forget what they are called but in the animal kingdom there are animals that stick with bigger prey for the scraps. They really aren't a threat or even worth the energy to eat so they leave them be. That is the equivalent of people who chase supercars.

lol gm btfo, how will they ever recover

DID YOU FORGET ITS A ROTARY ENGINE

Those UK car spotting videos are hilarious

>drive exotic in US
>nobody cares
>a few 18-30 year old males may notice and take a cell phone pic

>arab drives exotic in London
>giant crowd of cameras
>women are screaming like it's the Beatles
>round of applause when it revs to 2500rpm

fuck off, you weren't welcome on /k/ and im definitely not happy to see your stupid ass here

Kek

It's funny because it's true. The UK car scene is a shitshow. They have to go to the continent to do any real driving.

>I forget what they are called but in the animal kingdom there are animals that stick with bigger prey for the scraps
Scavengers. Or beta-males if both are the same species.

>They have to go to the continent to do any real driving.

what did he mean by this?

That's because the monarchy has outlawed all forms of fun. The dirty plebs aren't allowed to have automotive excitement.

That's fucking sick

American V8s sound like shit. Not even a poor / butthurt europoor. I have $90k sitting in my garage.

Ausfag here nobody cares cunt UK shitposting a shit

Fugly

We develop some of the best super cars on the planet, what about America? Oh yeah another V8

I don't think Britain develops any cars anymore.

We have a lot of good tracks around here and wherever you are in the country you're no more than 2 hours away from a track (except deepest darkest scotland or wales or some shit)

>compared to all the exotics that show up in London car videos

tbqh it looks more interesting than the gold plated Ferrari plebmobiles driven by your average Mohammed.

How expensive are track days at British circuits though? I'd wager American tracks are more affordable for the common man.

Depends on the circuit/season, normally. Anywhere from £85ish to £150 or so for a full day of open pitlane. Usually slightly cheaper for a day that's split into 3 groups. Obviously, winter trackdays are cheaper too, but there aren't as many available.

Forgot to say, bike trackdays are cheaper, usually starting from around £69 for somewhere like Cadwell Park or Mallory.

I've never seen them as cheap as £85 for a full day unless you mean an airfield or something. Did an open pitlane full day at Rockingham for £150 last year.

At the other end of the scale a full day on the GP layout at Silverstone is more like £400 or £500 but that's similar to places like Spa.

Except Mini, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lotus, Jaguar, Caterham, Morgan, McLaren, Rolls-Royce just to name a few.

Eh, I did a day at Snetterton last year for £85 in June. Just checked now, and there are some days available for £89. For some reason, Snetterton's always pretty cheap. I guess it's because there aren't many paddock services, because the track itself is good.

£150 for Rockingham is a nice deal, was it the International?

As for Silverstone, yeah, it's silly money. It's not even that great a circuit imo.

oh nice I might do snetterton at some point.

Yeah it was the ISSC Long layout. I wouldn't have minded trying out a few laps on the oval though lol

This generation is aging horribly. They look like plastic hot wheel cars

Clarkson was right. It has the worst chance of not being laughed at in such an awful colour, too.

>is angry europe and asia can get actual hp out of engines

Rolls Royce uses BMW engines, chassis, drivetrains, platforms

>britfag
>posting on Veeky Forums or /k/
You have a little diesel shitbox and no guns, you are the one that isn't welcome on either board. Don't forget to throw away your knives and join the local muslim welcoming committee.

>just to name them all
Ftfy

>join the local muslim welcoming committee.
theres literally nothing wrong with this

Forgot to lay out apex seals. Parts count just went up.

Op is so full of shit
youtu.be/xLbr2kOl8Gk

I'll have things that never happened for 5,000!

what a goober

>They have to go to the continent to do any real driving.
Not if they live in Northumberland

>people we're laughing at it

>from england
>can't english

>pick 2

Teesside is £40 for a half day and it's a great little track

>highly strung
>high displacements compared to power output
pick one retardo

It's central London. Everyone believes that being snobby regardless of position will make people like you more.

I think he was thinking of very agressive cams settings since you know they need to be with only 2 valves per cylinder

All shit after 2000's except Aston Martin and Lotus

Also, you named all of them m8.

Please stop taking pictures of my body guards.

>highly strung engines
Except their not you retard. Small displacement engines that are turbo'd and rev much higher are high strung.

>highly strung engines with high displacements compared to their power output don't impress

You do realize a turbo counts towards displacement too. You're not making 400 HP by displacing only 2L of air retard.

Before or after they prayed to allah

>Radical, Ginetta, BAC
Our car industry a shit, but we still have a few decent ones

He didn't name all of them m8.

Are you this retarded?

The stock one yeah, that widebody one not really.

Aston Martin is nearly broke, jaguar is owned by pop in loos, rolls is BMW, caterham is a few blokes in a shed, MacLaren is decent, and Morgan is making soap box derby cars with petrol engines.

100% of cars are shit

>I have $90k sitting in my garage.
is this a new shitpost or something

>I have $90k sitting in my garage
and some guy probably has 9k in his garage faster than you

It's Europosting. Bringing up V8s makes them super upset followed by mumbling about HP per cylinder or liter of displacement. It's the fox and grapes.

why, nothing wrong with V8s
t. britbong

it looks retarded.

wait wait now what the dick is fox and grapes

>wait wait now what the dick is fox and grapes
It's a story about how you must be 18 to post on Veeky Forums.

>its a americans think low power, ineffecient V8 shitboxes impress anyone outside USA episode

if corvette looked good at least. front is okay but rear is JUST.

>mini
BMW, German
>Bentley
VW, German
>Jaguar
>Land Rover
Indian
>Caterham
>Morgan
Meme cars. Less than 200 sales a year
>McLaren
The one good thing they did was power by a German engine. The new one is neat by a heavier, cheaper German car
>Rolls Royce
I'll give you this one

>turbo counts towards displacement

You're extremely stupid.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Volume vs mass

>thinks horsepower means anything in a street car

The number of times you redline your Focus ST in a normal week: once.

The number of times a corvette owner has a smile on their face just by putting their foot down for a moment in literally any gear in a normal week: every fucking minute.

High displacement engines give more smiles per mile. We're not talking race cars.

I haven't cringed this hard in a while

I have more fun driving my rotary or motorcycle than my turbo diesel
Fuck off bus rider

>corvette taking a corner

These cars maybe made in England but the companies behind them aren't English.

But then again, the remain wholly English aren't up to snuff. Caterham make go-karts with indicators while Morgan make wooden go-karts for the upper-classes. McLaren is the only good one but the largest shareholder in McLaren Automotive are the Bahrainians

i like these go-karts that we make out of metal tubes

What? How did you get out of the house without your helmet on?

Did you just compare a sports car and a motorcycle to driving either: a truck, or a shitty little eurocar?

I haven't felt sorry for your education system this hard in a while.

These cars are build in england by english people by companies run and administered by english people. Who cares who owns the company

You said horsepower doesn't matter on the streets and all that matters is muh torkz when I press the long pedal!!

Except a N/A engine can create a natural vacuum so strong.

>My motor is a 2.8L, and I'm running 10psi of boost, how much air is being displaced?

>((14.7*10)14.7)3.8 = ~4.7 as the effective displacement of the engine in an extremely simplified formula.

Sorry atmospheric pressure is constant faggot :^)

>effective displacement
Not a real thing. Doesn't even approximate equivalencies very well since your compression ratio and other factors are worse in a turbo (inb4 cherry picking race engines and '70s land barges: talking average engines here).

Sorry that terms and definitions are constant.

>my point is being refuted
>let me stuff this man with straw and pretend he makes the counterpoints invalid

No YOU said "horsepower doesn't matter".

See? I can take things out of context, too.

Lol a britfag wouldnt even know what to feel with that sound nearby.

Op rekt

>know nothing about aesop

shiet nigga you have to have been born after 1999

>Not a real thing.
Great refutation, except it is.
>Doesn't even approximate equivalencies very well since your compression ratio and other factors are worse in a turbo
>extremely simplified formula
It's okay friend, nobody knows who you really are so you don't need to be upset.

Going to such drastic damage control and back pedalling to try and save face

Keep riding the bus user

>projecting to make people think you're not avoiding your mistakes
>le busrider

Phew. The butthurt must be bad this time.

>high strung
Have you ever even seen an American V8

Google equivalent displacement. I'll wait.

>inb4 some autistic fit about not needing to research things
Inform yourself.

Also doesn't solve the fact that your turbo is at 10psi only after a certain rpm while the higher displacement NA hits good torque earlier. Unless you have a small turbo, which means you're choked at the top end and then your HP is lower with the same torque as the NA.

There is literally no replacement for displacement. There are supplements, but no replacements.

>muh v8 cuckvette
takes THIRTEEN SECONDS LONGER than a high strung 911 or gtr to accelerate from 30 to 50mph in top gear
Bbbut muh low end torkkzzz
I bet the cuckvette driver is smiling real hard as he's standing on the gas pedal and left for dead by the "useless on the street high strung horsepower.mobiles"

Its obvious you're the bus rider
Like I said, I have more fun winding out my motorcycle or rotary than touching the loud pedal in my v8 turbo diesel

>equivalent
Doesn't mean shit
Swept volume is swept volume
Turbo doesn't increase displacement at all

Youre an idiot

>huur larger displacement na will make more low end than a turbo just bevause
This kind of blank statement shows you are a clueless fool
Stop posting thanks :^)

You didn't read the reply chain obviously.

>blank statement
Or even that full post.

>Rolls Royce
BMW, German

Fix'D

A twin turbo amg v12 makes more torque and power at EVERY RPM than an ls7 :^)
Stay btfo v8 cuck

That's because the GTR or 911 will downshift automatically in a 30-50 you mongoloid