Would an Alfa Romeo Giulia(not the quadrifoglio) be reliable and good for daily use...

Would an Alfa Romeo Giulia(not the quadrifoglio) be reliable and good for daily use? I'm speaking about the lesser models here.

I was considering an E-Class but when I'm seeing this coming out, should I eye on the Giulia?

E-class would be more reliable but more boring. The Alfa has muh P A S S I O N

why would you buy those pieces of shit, get a lexus

Yeah I was thinking the same. The reliability would fuck me up especially when there are no reliability records for the Giulia. Should I wait for at least an year looking at the reliability records before making a purchase? I also have the money to buy an M3 or the Quadrifoglio but what is letting me down is the thought of reliability. I could manage the ones in a Mercedes because family has owned Mercedes for the past 30 years. Dad dailys an S63 and have problems only every now and then, other than it's a fine ass machine.

Lexus tho it's kind of everywhere. I kind of want a special snowflake. It's just my personal like.

Import a Skyline GTS-T if you want to be a snowflake then.

Buying first year production model from a manufacturer with notorious reputation for crappy reliability. This is a one-two punch only an idiot would take to the face.

>german cars
>reliable

fucking this

>first year production model alfa romeo

OP you should know better

>Buying first year production model from a manufacturer with notorious reputation for crappy reliability. This is a one-two punch only an idiot would take to the face.

This, get the E-class now (maybe lease, idk) and see how Alfa is doing in ~3 years. Hell, stretch it to 5 years, and buy a used Alfa from the 2nd or 3rd model year for a huge discount
>because F.I.A.T. meme

if you can afford to buy an alfa then you can afford the maintenance costs. If 37K is stretching your budget then buy an Aurion Sportivo.

$35kAUD drive away (26K USD)
decent looks (not as good as the Giulia)
good V6, 0% finance usually for toyota.

It's really simple.

First question: how long is the warranty for this car in USA? In Europe 2 years.

So, first of all, when you buy the car you include a prepaid maintenance program, like 3-4 years of regular manteinance (I'm sure you can find even programs which cover extraordinary manteinance but look at the costs) and secondly you also buy a warranty extension of 2-3 years.

Bonus point if you lease the car so you can choose at the end to buy it if it's reliable.

My opinion: engines are very reliable, just wait 1 year for the natural minor defects to be fixed to electronics and such, also as if Alfa Romeo really wants to reborn as premium manufacturer you can be sure that they'll lick you customer ass in every possible way to ensure your satisfaction.

I'm Italian and even here they have changed many things like customer care, showroom image and how they act with customers. I guess they're looking for the Lexus way, and I hope they'll succeed because Alfa Romeo really needs to be a strong contendant again.

Especially now that it's time to fuck Volkswagen group criminals.

>Would an Alfa Romeo Giulia(not the quadrifoglio) be reliable and good for daily use?
Short answer: No.

>Especially now that it's time to fuck Volkswagen group criminals.
>FCA

Yes, faggot.

Vag cars are surrounded only by myths and soft touch plastics...if you think about dieselgate, DSG scandal and recalls, oil eating and exploding 1.4 tsi engines it's a pretty depressing scenario.

But guess, they're Germans so the meme magic should work in the reverse way as it is for Italian cars: perfection and reliability. Other things doesn't matter.

>power to the FRONT wheels
>the only place it should come from

Maybe you Italians need to stop building unreliable turds on wheels, then people might start buying your cars. If anything ">muh red Italian sports car, muh passion" is the real meme here. No matter how shit it is, as long as it's red and there's a Ferrari or Alfa badge on it people will buy it.

Post-2007 Alfas are pretty good though. I owned a 159 from 2007 til 2010, and a Giulietta from 2010 til 2015, both performed really well and had no problems except the factory speakers in the 159. I sold the 159 with 260k and the Giulietta with 240k kms.
I test drove one with the 200hp engine, I was very satisfied with it but I had to buy other things so I'll not buy one this year. The build quality seems much better than my Giulietta and even that was good. I've heard good things about the engines, I wouldn't except many issues with them, but time will tell I guess. Still if you can afford it, I say go and test drive it then go for it if it pleases you.

>I've never seen or owned an Italian car and my opinion is based on consumer reports: the post

That's why the meme will never die.

I've owned German cars and I had problems, so am I a special snowflake?

Tons of German cars forum filled with complaints posts magically ignored by people like you.

Search for the Mercedes fake leather sweating oil and shit, talking about a premium German meme car.

Never seen a FCA car doing shit like that, but magically it doesn't matter because italian cars = shit.

Also this meme is based on 90's Fiat that were rubbish, today the quality and reliability have improved.

In Italy we say that if you're tight on budget a Fiat is a nice choice because everybody can fix it and it's cheap to get spare parts, also the engines are indestructible.

But who am I to say shit like that? South America is full of Fiats and keep in mind that we're talking about third world countries with shitty roads (if they even exist) and absurd conditions, yet Fiat is the best selling brand among """plebs""".

Tell me again that Italian cars are unreliable, please.

If you want a car that's inferior in every aspect to the competition, yeah sure.

That and it will just be a matter of time till problems come.

It's all about the numbers. If you pump out millions of cars, a certain % of failures is acceptable.

When you fail to sell more than 40 cars in half a year and even then a third of those have problems, then it's easy to conclude they're worth shit. In case you haven't figured it out I'm talking about Alfa.

>159
>no problems

Pick one Einstein.

They're known for injector failures, wiring loom failures, lack of turbo lubrication leading to failure, excessive oil consumption, they are around 200Kg heavier than the competition, they drink at least 1.5L more than the competition, interiors fall apart around the 2 year mark. For fucks sake, their door sills aren't even covered in trim. You seriously want me to continue?

I've seen plenty of FCA shit. Wouldn't touch them with a 15foot pole.

t. francisco martelli

Can I build and price the Ti at last?

I'm leasing it faggot.

Never buy the first model year of a car, user. They'll be working problems out at first.
As far as the M3 goes, it's very underwhelming to drive compared to past models. A C63 would be a better choice imo, but the Alfa is probably a lot more fun than either, but I (of course) haven't driven it.

None of those happened to me. The issues you mentioned are 10 times worse in the 156. Since that, the building quality skyrocketed. I'm not saying it is as reliable as a Japanese car, they're not even close, especially the electronics, but their DD potential is really high.

I'm LMAOing at your life.
Even the base models are really good, but of course you've never seen one and just talking memeshit like basically 90% of the people who talk about Alfa Romeo cars.

> copy 3 series
> slap a quirky italian grille on the front
> job's a good un

Why are Italians so lazy?

Clarkson pls go.

>Alfa badge on it people will buy it.

Are you insane? Nobody buys Alfa anymore. Everybody buys VW-shitboxes.

>Would an Alf
no

>Yaris-driver spotted

I got myself a 159 Ti despite all the >italian electrics >italian reliability memes, and so far everything's been holding together well even in winter. Someone might worry about deprecation but I intend to keep this car indefinitely and get the Giulia at some point.

The "passion" things is legit, Alfas are fun to drive, but they're both good choices go with your gut feel.

>reliable
enjoy your check engine light

>wouldn't touch a maserati

You couldn't effort one...

pal