pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oX0cvtjKt9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does no one appreciate the shotel / moonlight curved sword?

Will Phil oneshot Kalameet?

I want to make a character for mid level invasions, primarily Irithyll.
What kind of build would I need?

Dragonslayer axe build

>shotel
in ds3 it's an inferior carthus shotel which is an inferior corvian scythe
>moonlight curved sword
virtually one of the worst weapons in ds3 because it's reminiscent of crystal ring shield, worst shield in ds1

They're both only 'alright' curved swords that have objectively better options in every way. Shotel is outdamaged and outranged by Carthus Shotel rendering it obsolete. Crescent Moon Sword needs a 40/40 DEX/INT build optimally and its AR even for a split damage weapon is subpar with the WA beam being goof for jackshit.

I always wonder what they look like under the armors.

Xth for /ourguy/

Are whips the worst weapons in DaS3?

Everytime I play DS3 feels like the first time I played DS1/DS2.

What the fuck is wrong with me that I can't internalize how to git gud at an area as simple as the high wall?

As a class on average I would say yes. Individually I'd say Soldering Iron and Great Wooden Hammer are still far worse.

pontiff a sex

>implying you can defeat my Stand, Shifty Stunts for Scant Shekels
>implying i haven't just retreated to a safe dimension across the multiverse
You're in for a surprise in DLC2, faggot.

Since invading is built for you to invade upwards, I wouldn't go passed sl40-45. I can't say I have a build in mind for you to try but I felt the need to remind you not to overlevel.

Damn I love the design of the Ruin Sentinels, I like so many designs from Dark Souls 2, how these can coexist in the same game with Shrek, Belltower Gnomes and the Covetous Demon is beyond my comprehension.

Praise be our pontifex supreme!
>not Dark Side of the Moon

UNDEAD UNDEAAAAAD

>invited to a hacker group because the host was lagging so much I back stabbed them as they were running around

kek

>tfw zombie dino dragonriders got scrapped
>tfw no more conquistador/gladiator garden gnomes speaking in shitty rhymes
I really wish covenants weren't as rushed in 3.
McDonalds could've probably said a couple of interesting things, DaS3 really doesn't have enough talking covenant leaders.

>trapfags STILL this mad

>Shifty Stunts for Scant Shekels
is this an actual song or is it just a funny way to say dirty deeds done dirt cheep?

i wonder if he really doesn't have a face

pcfc?

>wasn't even a hornet riposte
jesus fuck

The mask IS his face
Sexy face that is

if scholar then yes

You mean Malicious Machinations Made More Affordable?
Or Filthy Feats Furnished for Less?
Atrocious Acts at Agreeable Rates?
Bilious Bastardy Brought Budget-Friendly?
Sinister Shenanigans Sold for Small Sums?
Evil Escapades Executed Economically?
Nefarious Notions Negotiated at Negligible Prices?
Rancid Revolutions Realized Really Inexpensively?

>Phil oneshot Kalameet

Sure, tier 45 SL, let's go!

Holy shit

>checking whether I can safely change my name in DaS3 using CE
>find a post on the actual thread for the table asking much the same
>Some retard comes in with "NO YOU GET SOFTBAN UNFORTUNATELY."
why are people like this allowed to live

*killed on first try

>class starts 2 levels past an attunement slot and 2 levels behind one

Using mercenary with great magic weapon and sharp twinblades, is great soul arrow worth the two attunement points? I'd assume it's at least useful if you're a support phantom, but I doubt it packs much a punch without scaling.

no, it's not gonna be useful if you're dex with support sorcery

>looking for answer
>get answer
>retard

>great soul arrow
No, get Hidden Body, Spook, or Chameleon.

Is he the most overrated npc of the souls games ?

I guess I'll just throw on chameleon, now I won't need resin or branches. Why use spook? Don't rings for that exist?

And I can't cast hidden weapon and a buff at the same time, can I?

>implying changing your character/save name has EVER been a softban trigger

He's good but it was over the moment normies got their grubby hands on him. I know a few normies who play souls and they're all incredible shitters at it yet they act like they're skilled super-fans. Can't even get through the game without summons yet walks around with a "le praise the sun!!!" shirt, etc.

>tfw getting genuinely spooked by listening Greatwood theme
holy shit ds3 ost is awesome

No, he's the most powerful. He's a living meme, and will never as long as those memes live on through every player.

How do i get into invasions /dsg/ ? Im level 67 right now.

I wanted to get into low level invading around settlement but im not sure how i would accomplish finishing the game at SL20.

"will never die" is what I meant. Meh I screwed it up.

>Abyss Watchers theme

Please use the correct one.

>Pontiff's theme

Then why are you asking dumbass

You get good.
It's not as hard as it sounds, SL20 is enough to have the stats for some weapons + alright VIG for that level. With decent mid/late-game armour you won't actually take as much damage as you'd expect. Just gotta remember to sippy if you take a bad hit because you don't have the health pool to tank more than one or two hard slaps from most later-game bosses.

>Why use spook? Don't rings for that exist?
Because spook does the same thing as if you had 2 different rings equipped at the same time, slumbering dragoncrest and cat ring. If you use spook when you need fall damage reduction you can put more important rings on instead.
>And I can't cast hidden weapon and a buff at the same time, can I?
Hidden body is what you should use. In dks 3, it makes you almost completely invisible even with phantom colors. If you wear untrue dark ring for host colors and cast it, you can walk right up to people and they won't see you a lot of the time

>DSP says he'll become the dark lord by extinguishing the flame
>Sets himself on fire again

BUGGED CYCLE MECHANICS

You got me there. I just like to be cautious.

>still watching dsp

hes so irrelevant people don't even want to invade him

let it go

>Miyazaki was leading the development of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 simultaneously, and I think that when doing so, some of his ideas for Bloodborne leaked into Dark Souls 3.

No, he was working on Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 DLC simultaneously. By the time Dark Souls 3 started development, he was no longer actively participating as a designer but was just directing/overseeing as company president.

>Look at the combat for Dark Souls 3. It's pretty fast paced, with attacks coming out fairly quickly compared to previous souls games, perhaps barring Demon's Souls. Rolls also are swift and doesn't have too many recovery frames. Healing is kind of fast as well.

>The biggest thing that stuck out to me was, as you pointed out, the enemies. They're incredibly fast, even being able to start up attacks and hitting you during your own attack animation depending on your weapon.

>The main problem with this is that Bloodborne was (for the most part) balanced around the rally mechanic and healing the damage you took in order to maintain an extremely fast paced, fluid combat system. Dark Souls 3 lacks this mechanic, yet retains some of the speed of Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 runs on the same game engine (physics and graphics) as Bloodborne. That's where the similarities come from. Bloodborne was designed for Bloodborne Dark souls 3 took that and modified it to fit dark souls game mechanics.

I love that ring, Its hilarious when an Invader uses it with the hidden body spell and just run right up to you thinking you dont notice them, makes for an easy kill.

>invade on 360
lel

/ourguy/ is truly a legend

Still a shame hidden weapon is so dissapointing. You lose it when you switch weapon too, seems to defeat the whole purpose. Would be funny to poke with an invisible toothpick only to suddenly throw out a greathammer swing.

What SL is advisable for farron keep invasions?

does it at least throw off mobs?

>phase two kicks in
youtube.com/watch?v=oX0cvtjKt9E
Couldn't have picked a better theme for the trailer.

iirc he's offline

I'd say 20-25 but if you want to guarantee a very high amount of activity, 20. And since people start finding a lot of shards at that point in the game I'd like to think you could take your weapon up to +4 (+2 for special stuff) but for safest stay at +3 (+1 for special stuff).

Why cant i stop laughing.

I wouldn't say overrated, really. I mean, it's subjective but I think Solaire was a pretty well realized character and had a good and proper story arc that has a good and a bad end. Solaire, Eileen and Hawkwood are probably my favorite Soulsborne npcs in terms of how their character story arcs are executed.

As far as overrated things go, Pontiff is vastly overrated meme character that boils down to essentially "Fume Knight but fast". I like Pontiff tho' because he's the closest to being a Souls Hitler but he's overrated as hell in this general.

Originally that guy was supposed to be Lucatiel's comical sidekick.

>1st phase music

He's more relevant than Oro's 200 twitch watchers

I want to see him DeS now.

>griffith poster

kek

If i pull that off will he die?

>finishing the game at SL20
you don't have to finish the game, you just have to kill gundy for the prisoner's chain and get the red eye orb. you don't even need to kill greatwood or reach the crucifixion woods.

People who say that DS3 takes the most after BB have probably not played DeS. DS3 is DeS 2.0 while BB is DaS 2.0.

>Champ Gundyr's theme

???
I get settlement invasions as a 26, you can probably at least go to 36 in the keep.

You might not have to "finish the game" but getting really really far will allow you to have access to a lot of things and very importantly a ton of estus and if you also take the time have them at +10. I mean just to get the prisoners chain you have to get passed dancer, ocieros, and gunder which are kinda into the game a bit. And if you're crazy like me, you get passed ds armor and into the archives for that avelyn/exploding bolts.

It would be extremely painful

>DarksydePhil: yes, i woudln't be against another demons souls run. i really liked that game

DEMON'S SOULS REDEMPTION WHEN?

Well you gotta remember when invading, it only looks for players below your level by a couple and the rest of the invasion range is upwards. I'm not doubting you get invasions at settlement at sl26 but you'll get even more if you're willing to factor in invasion ranges.

You're a big sorcerer

I'm getting them at the front gate of all places though. Even as a deprived, if you kill the lizaird and all the mooks in your way, you should be sl 13 by the time you enter highwall (tested this but I think I used the soul starting item). By the time someone kills vordt they should have at least tacked on another 10 levels. 26 can invade down to 23.

Invading bosses is so much fun, and the best part is it punishes summonbads while almost completely ignoring solo players. To all you fags who go around with 3 phantoms and throw out seeds, pic related. You had this shit coming to you.

How good is the dragon form in DS3?

I've never once seen anyone use it, summoner or invader.

>As far as overrated things go, Pontiff is vastly overrated meme
He only has that kind of following on /v/ and Veeky Forums. Pretty much noone's memeing him outside of this cesspool of degenerates.
>character
Souls characters are pretty shit in general. Can you name something remarkable about Orny aside from him being a knight and killing a couple of dragons? Or Arty, excluding that part where he's just a phony raped by demon cock? Or Sif, who was designed precisely to be a cheap not-Hachiko tearjerker? The best kind of characters are those that talk during the fight, like Micolash or Oceiros.
At least Sulyvahn did more than just thing, kind of.
>essentially "Fume Knight but fast"
That's not half bad, although I would add that his second phase is more like a Darklurker. And he also was not a bad boss.
And the clone mechanic is pretty good, but they really should've made it invulnerable and faster.
Ponty wishes he had Reimu's winrate tho.

Bad. You suffer the flat penalty of having no armor this time around and gain a lightning weakness.

It's bad, because you take extremely high amounts of damage. You become very, very squishy, no matter how much Vigor you have pumped. The stones are all bad except the basic roar, which is good at breaking shields, which people normally don't know and thus don't expect.

Now I want to kill nameless king using the dragon form.

Is STR viable/fun? I fancy doing another character for PvE/PvP but the only 2 BIG WEPON things on the chart that aren't listed as shit are yhorms and the greatclub.

>that short pause before casting
Still a good chuckle.

Are you seriously asking if STR is viable?

Of course it's viable.

STR is viable due to needing less stats compared to a basic quality build meaning you have more room to pump VIG/END/VIT depending on what you need. Yhorm's Great Club and Great Club are the only ultras I'd consider good but you have other good options for STR as well like Gundyr's Halberd and the Millwood Battle Axe.

It's great and should've been a part of the game originally. Unfortunately it won't be around for long (I mean, we can hope it'll get added to MM as a mechanic, but DaS3 is Summon Souls 3: Host-Handhold Edition so I doubt it) since that FROM community correspondant (or whoever the fuck they are) posted in a plebbit thread about it saying they were gathering info on it.

For you

>you will see DSP complete a DeS solo run before you see ENB complete even a streamed run of DeS or Old Memers on cam
JDIMSA

whats the trick to beating dancer at sl 16?

just play super lame and make it a 30 minute fight, right?