> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

This thread is a literally insane shitposter-free zone.

you could have an entire bonus jam in the two weeks we have before comfy jam starts

calm your fucking tits /agdg/ it'll happen when it happens

haha lol no halifax source :) shitfam literally posted this :^)

Is there any chance that we'll have another Boat Jam after Comfy Jam?
I was going to make a comfy boat game but I wouldn't want to make two boat games close to each other. I might save this idea for later and make something else for Comfy Jam.

I doubt we'll have a boat jam so soon. Just make whatever you want for comfy jam. If you like boats, make that!

>main game is boat game
>comfy game is boat game
>boat jams
Boat is life.

Is it even remotely realistic for someone that has a lot of experience in GameMaker Studio to learn enough UE4 in the next two nights (5-8 hours per night) to be competent for GGJ this Friday?

If you're focusing exclusively on one aspect, then probably not

>Because "ui_up", "ui_down" and all the other "ui" prefixed actions are built-in and automatically checked for.
Oh I didn't know that. So some UI nodes automatically do something when you send a global "ui_" type action? I thought they were just default actions so you got your basic left, up, right etc. keyboard controls.

Then it's probably what the other person said and action_press is internal to the input singleton and never enters the event queue. Otherwise it could have also been due to tree order, since input events travel from the "highest" node to the lowest, whereas "_process" travels from the lowest to the highest.

I think you can also send input events to viewports directly using "input" and "unhandled_input" function to bypass GUI

>its actually 2017
>3 years until 2020

>it's actually going to be the near future before I can finish a near future game

If your boat game doesn't include fluid dynamics for the wind and sail controls that affect mast bend, you're shit!

Work 8-20 4 days a week.
Game with friends during the free days
Dev never
Life is hell and i can't escape it.

>So some UI nodes automatically do something when you send a global "ui_" type action? I thought they were just default actions so you got your basic left, up, right etc. keyboard controls.
Using the basic ui_* actions means you can have a main menu up as soon as you have placed 2 buttons and a script that triggers when a button is pressed. Using arrow keys you can already switch selection between all Control inheriting nodes that can be selected.
Each node can be customised to have predefined "neighbours" for arrow-key navigation even, else the engine works it out based on spacial relation.

What is a game dev tool I can develop there is demand for? I prefer making game dev tools over making games

haha, top post.

here's an idea
you know bfxr? it randomly generates sound effects with sliders to get certain kinds of effects

make something like that, but it instead creates different kinds of 2d textures for tiles or as tilable textures for 3d models

In my game you can drink the entire ocean, that's how accurate the fluid dynamics are.

Just try it, jump into the sea, dive as far as you can and then drink the water.

I said fluid dynamics for the wind. Too bad!

That's not a bad idea actually. I'd want to try that out.

>about to record something to show in the thread
>notice a logic error that i have to fix

does the player swell up to an appropriate size to be able to contain the entire ocean ?

It's a secret feature. The important thing is you try it.

>tfw there is a non-zero chance that humans will land on mars before I finish a game

were is the recap?

Were is your H?

>tfw looking at a future millionaire's post
Welp

hopefuly in the recap. thats what i want to see

Nice idea but I'm pretty sure that already exists, at least for 3D. There's stuff like Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag which are widely used in the industry to generate textures procedurally and dynamically.
Or am I misunderstanding what you are proposing?

>implying he'll finish his game

I hope he does though, it looks cool

I did that irl once

>trump defunds NASA because "it has become politicized"
>no space exploration for 8 years
>next president has to work for 8 years to fix more pressing matters, as he has inherited another great depression
>next president has to work for 8 years to try and fix the now dilapidated infrastructure and broken education and healthcare systems
that gives you at least 24 years before NASA even starts to receive funding again
you can do it in that time, user; I believe in you!

yeah dumpster amirite lmao xd

the future is not nasa, but private spaceflight

>he believes trump will create a depression and shut down one of the big prides of america

ahahahaha

>NASA in charge of anything spess
Those times are over. Brace for the chinese conquest.

tfw the moon landing never happened. it was produced in Hollywood.

there is no fucking moon. everything you've been taught is a fucking lie.

>chinese
I don't think so
it's too expensive to create the future of space exploration, and the chinese are heavily focused on attaining (and maintaining) their position as the worlds #1 economic super power

alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright

What's cooler than being cool?

>he thinks he's joking

>world's #1 economic super power
>not in charge of asteroid mining
I doubt they'll leave that to capitalist piggu.

Nice, but I hope you're not gonna leave that as a plain lerp

I wish, seems like something totally abstract

Wow, this gif totally blew my mind and changed my opinion forever!

Someone should make a space game except everything is flat.

>one of the big prides of america
It's spelled America*, and if it was "one of the big prides" of us, we'd be giving it more funding than it gets.

>he thinks a failed businessman lucking his way into office isn't going to fuck up the economy

it's not hard to become a millionaire with a digital product
at $15 a copy you just need to sell about 100,000 copies on steam
ezpz

>still thinks he's joking
look more closely

It's clearly filmed inside a studio, but at the same time there's no way they had the technology at the time to fake all the footage that was captured.

I'd say the most likely possibility is that they built a film studio on the moon and filmed it there. That's how they captured all the footage with low gravity and an airless environment.

Whenever you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Sourcefag and his wah wahs about danny got deleted back to the old thread

No H, how about some /e/?

Just gotta draw up some kind of forest god after this and I'll have my main bosses plotted out. Still very WIP, but lemme know what you think of the design!

i want to make an open world game but i want to make somthing else befor hand thats small to practice on, what should i do? i plan on using ur4

slow motion is as old as film itself

Does any user know how to "hide' my included files in some kind of other file, while exporting the game? Let's say I just don't want the included files be seen by players, because of spoilers.

don't open, it's a screamer

Maybe the player shouldn't go snooping around if they don't want to be spoiled.

Oh my god you were right! I totally saw the cameraman taking a smoke break behind the landing module! How did the russians miss this?! Does the president know?!

I'm asking about game maker.

The thing is that included files show up next to the game exe.

>failed businessman

what criteria do you use to define success user ?

>they don't know

whatever metric we use, we don't know if Trump has reached it
because he hasn't released his taxes
for well we know, he is in debt 3 billion dollars

>trying too hard / 10

Both of you shut the fuck up

there's a remarkable about of pixelshit in this /pol/ thread

Gained more money than he has lost.

>sexy purple pirate

We're almost back to 750 again

>successful businessman inspiring the American people and convincing them to go to cast their ballots in droves across the entire country with the entirety of the media and hollywood running ads and news saying he would never win and that the election was in the bag and that no one actually likes Trump and will vote for him until he actually got elected with the American people choosing their president against the medias lies. Now with companies coming back to the US because they also believe in Trump, not the GOP, not some party face, they believe in Trump as an individual and a good American leader. Now Americans get to laugh on a daily basis as buttmad liberals pretend the world is going to end and that people elected "literally hitler" into office but most people know that Trump is a president that wants to actually save America and do the job of president instead of handing out welfare and playing golf while spending all of Americas money.

FTFY

>Ohhh myyy gaaaawwwd will you stop with the taxes already!

Watching Trump get upset when the reporter asked for that at Don's first press conference was hilarious. This child is in charge of the world's biggest military force. I'd keep laughing if it wasn't so sad.

Better than being in debt 6 trillion

I'm not going to continue to derail this thread, but:
The most horrifying subhuman on the planet ran against him as the other two-party candidate. He was the only other possible choice. She still got more votes than him.

good try/10

Give me a way to mix up a (weak attack) (strong attack) combo system

(medium attack)

what was a lerp again
i've heard the term before but my brian is kinda fried right now

i want to make somthing but i have no ideas, any idea guys on willing to give me a free be?

one button rhythm based combat, you have to hit the ones for the heavy attack to work

>calling the DHS on /agdg/

>look mom I'm using a different proxy XD

a system where you can incorporate multiple grabs in a single combo

oy vey !

Mapping a value t of the interval [0,1] to some other interval [a,b].

lerp(a, b, t)

it's hard choosing the right panties to dev in

add rolling

>bamham_counters.webm

Tell me if this idea has been done before:
You play as a ghost. The game mechanics involve moving through walls and possessing the AI characters.
I've already done a bit of the work on the game.

You probably shouldn't do something so cliche'd, but maybe make the timing matter, so if you do AAB, but your B is too early, you get a less powerful hit.

I created a failsafe mechanic where fight knight walks forward automatically whenever there isn’t anything within punching range, to allow for less close-quarters-inclined enemies to behave how they should

Doesn't it get tiresome dodging bans just so you can shitpost about yourself in the third person for 2 years? Like it's not a false flag when it's obviously you butthurt about being called a nodev, or a shitposter or this or that. Are you not tired of it after 2 years?
>he's literally insane
nvm

thx sourcefam. im sure the court will like seeing that one. :^)

Somehow she reminds me of Betty Crocker (?) from Homestuck. Or one of the blue fishy girls, anyway.

the lizard wizard !

i don't think i quite get what you mean

if you mean the bars increasing/decreasing at a steady, boring-looking rate it's because i haven't remade the animations yet, i'm gonna redo what i had in my old HUD but in a more reliable way and probably with some extra shit for healing

what aspect is your game, 160x9?

Keep mewling that name, retard. I fully own you. You come to my call. Riiiicolaaaa!!! That's you, Reek. My monkey. My pet project. Just like this thread. :^)

>reek
>my monkey
>my pet project
You literally are those things though.

Imagine being such a terrible poster that reposting things you've said in earnest is genuinely offensive even to you, the original poster of those things.

I didn't understand a single word

>poorfag
>want to get Aseprite for free
>get the source code
>well, compiling a program doesn't look complicated at all
>I need some tools to compile it
>ok
>get tools
>to install those tools I need to compile them from source
>ok
>to compile those tools I need even more tools
>ok...
>I have to compile those tools too and the intructions are vague as fuck
>mfw

>genuinely offensive
>implying anyone is 'offended' by autistic spamming tantrums by some cuck who has never made a game fixating on posts from 2015
lmao kys