Tangiers and the Disappearing Island

What do you guys thinking of the "disappearing island of Tangier", Veeky Forums? Is there any way for the Tangier Virginians to keep their way of life and community or is it ultimately doomed to obscurity in the next few decades?

And how did you convince yourself that this was a Veeky Forums topic this time?

Have you looked up the history of the Tangier, Virginia? Or are you just very stupid?

Just because something has a history behind it doesn't mean speculation about its future is history, you inbred retard.

No, it's disappearing from the rising water levels, the Army Corp of Engineers knows that Smith and Tangiers are doomed and not worth the time and endless energy. The place is already wetlands, and there is no economy whatsoever.

That being said it is sad, and they are an interesting American sub-culture with a fascinating accent. But you can't keep every little thing forever, especially not in a bubble

Its completely board relevant, you shitposting monkey. Are you really this asinine that you want to shit up a thread about something you don't like? Just ignore the thread, you piss-ant.

Thanks for the input. I heard also that a lot of the younger folk are leaving the island for mainland Virginia and Maryland and that their accent is also starting to fade out.

I should add, the Army Corp of Engineers is beginning preliminary strategies for dealing with rising water on coast, especially the Chesapeake, Delaware, Outer Banks, etc. and the resources put into this is nothing compared to the many barrier islands, along NJ for example, that have billions of dollars in property.

the accent part has been dying for decades, it's only a miracle it lasted this long. Cultural and dialect preservation pretty much equals economic stagnation. It will probably be replaced with a normal Virginia accent, especially if there is a mass exodus

>Its completely board relevant, you shitposting monkey.
>talking about what might happen to an island in the future is history
>things that haven't happened yet fall under the 25 years ago rule
There are your ordinary retards, then there are retards who really try at being retarded. Keep it up.

>>>/not his/

Tangiers have been around since 1670, you moron.

So if the government planned on demolishing the Washington Monument hypothetically, it wouldn't be a board related topic because it would be happening currently, you retard?

>something has a past
>so everything about it, even its future, is history
This is you.

>no reading comprehension
This is (You) samefagging

Why make up a dumb fucking hypothetical when it's clear as day that this stupid thread is offtopic?

Its clearly on topic. Try harder.

>literally no rebuttal

It's clearly not.

>expecting a rebuttal to a contentless post

It clearly is.

>content-less post
You don't get to arbitrate the board guidlines in your special snowflake definition here, try harder, faggot. You couldn't answer the question because all you can do is change goal posts.

Kill yourself.

>You don't get to arbitrate the board guidlines in your special snowflake definition here

By special snowflake definition, did you mean
>Discussions about politics and current events should be posted on /pol/.

Fuck off to /pol/ and don't come back.

>Please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago.

What current events? The OP literally has "What do you think about the Disappearing island of Tangier"; denoting its entire history and culture, when does that reflect only current Tangier? Are you literally this illiterate?

>Fuck off to /pol/
Literally what does anything of what he said has to do with /pol/?

And why do you samefag so blatantly?

> Is there any way for the Tangier Virginians to keep their way of life and community or is it ultimately doomed to obscurity in the next few decades?
NEWSFLASH: next few decades are history now.

Whose talking about politics? Where does /pol/ shit fit into any of this? Dude are you really this stupid?

So you are cherrypicking? Why are you still in my thread?

Also explain how any of this is /pol/, my mentally disabled shitposter. I'm waiting for that too.

>Where does /pol/ shit fit into any of this?
3. Discussions about politics and current events should be posted on /pol/.

>Why are you still in my thread?
Why is your thread still on Veeky Forums?

What political discussion is there besides you throwing shit saying "go back to /pol/"? That isn't an argument, retard.

>Why is your thread still on Veeky Forums?
Because its Veeky Forums related.

Feel free to take it to /new/ or /trav/ or even /int/.
Or take it to actual /b/ instead of treating every board like it's /b/.

>hey guyz let's talk about literally anything, it's Veeky Forums related because it did not literally come into existence just now

>3. Discussion about politics and current events should be posted on /pol/.
What about political discussion has there been in this thread? You're just inventing bullshit for the sake of it to shitpost further. Again: are you some kind of mental invalid? Mentally disabled? Do you lack cognitive functions? Who ever brought up /pol/ shit besides you strawmaning with your shitposts?

Feel free to kill yourself. Or go back to /int/ or /pol/ since you are clearly one of their immigrants in the first place. Also (you) are still fooling no one here.

The Cincinnati Reds have been around since 1881. Can I talk about tonight's Reds game on Veeky Forums? Or maybe speculate about their fate for this offseason?

(You)

(You) can bring up that irrelevant attempt at a dismissal on /sp/ not here.

It's humanities

Not board related. Fuck off.

>What are the humanities?
>The humanities can be described as the study of how people process and document the human experience. Since humans have been able, we have used philosophy, literature, religion, art, music, history and language to understand and record our world. These modes of expression have become some of the subjects that traditionally fall under the humanities umbrella. Knowledge of these records of human experience gives us the opportunity to feel a sense of connection to those who have come before us, as well as to our contemporaries.

Fuck off.

Humanities was a mistake letting kiddies turn Veeky Forums into their autists' club.
Hirohito you fucked up.

IT'S AN ISLAND A FUCKING ISLAND ISLAND IS NOT HISTORY ISLAND IS NOT HUMANITIES TAKE THIS SHIT TO /TRV/ /INT/ /POL/ /NEWS/ Veeky Forums /K/ /V/ /MLP/

Fuck off.

Hey guys, I just took a shit right now. Can we talk about my shit? It looks like Stalin's mustache.

>island communities don't have history

How many of them still speak with that accent anyways? Sounds kind of West Country English (England) to me.

>Hi, History & Humanities. What do you think about these current events?

I guess we can safely ignore the history of the British Isles, Japan, Falklands, Faroe Islands, Hawaii, Taiwan, and so on. Neat.

>How many of them still speak with that accent anyways? Sounds kind of West Country English (England) to me.
I don't know, but I can tell you right now if it's about what people speak now, that shit ain't history.
Maybe you should fuck off to another board with this thread?

>tfw ignoring all of his posts
Feels good.

Do you love Japan?

WHAT EVENT FROM 25 YEARS AGO ARE YOU REFERRING TO OP?

How many times were you dropped on the head as baby by your parents?

Erosion of Tangier has been documented since the 1920s, retard.

>49 replies
>8 posters

>Discussions about politics and current events should be posted on /pol/.

>1920s
>current events
>any mention of politics at all
Why are you so dumb?

I think everyone knows its one guy doing it at this point.

What event from the 1920s did you refer to in the op, you dumb faggot?
Take this shit to /lgbt/.

>What event did you refer to?
>"The disappearing island of Tangier"

>What event did you refer to?
>"Potato!"

Since Hirohito was around for the war, Metathreads are Veeky Forums related.

Don't bother replying, I'll just filter out your posts.