Are there any historical precedents for NEETs? Were medieval monks NEETs?

Are there any historical precedents for NEETs? Were medieval monks NEETs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No because "Monk" is a job.

The Monarchy, specifically their children who do not go into roles.

Don't ask for any examples.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

Hitler was literally /r9k/ + /pol/

the landed gentry

>Spends 12 hours a day in the library while kids are starving to death

>before now, have there ever been unemployed people who weren't in school?
Is this thread the dumbest we've seen in a while?

neet is a particular ethos and philosophy
voluntarily withdrawing from society

also diogenes

What the fuck no it's not...
Are you retarded?

>trying this hard to inject some kind of sophistication and/or nobility into being NEET.

Just do something worthwhile with yourself user, not for mom, but for you.

All aristocratic nobles who weren't plotting and vying for power were NEETS loaded with cash. Robert Boyle had so much free time that he studied SCIENCE.

My nigga Diogenes of Sinope

Yeah. Pic related.

Monks were actually smart unlike most NEETs.

Karl Marx is a perfect example of a NEET. A fat non working dumbass spouting pseudo intellectual shit. Only difference is they didn't have the internet back then.

Are you suggesting that monks were not in education, employment, or training?

>Education
Learned Latin, learned different languages, studied the Bible and other religious works

>Employment
Translating texts, producing copies of Bibles/books, weighting letters to churches/monestaries/bishops/the Pope/ etc, cooking/gardening, praying for specific and general petitions for humanity

>Training
(See employment, many of these required some form of training)

>E

what about the order of friars minor

STUDYING science isn't education?

>STEM
>education

For real? How would you classify it then, oh supreme gentleman?

What about them? They started out as a band of traveling preachers (working) and were compensated with the use of tips (food, clothes, shelter).

In modern days they do things like mission work and general charity.

This is why monarchies work.

t. Hobbes

If you are freestyling your own education for fun you are still a NEET, it's just another hobby. All the jap learning weebs are still neets.
IF you are studying for a degree/specific purporse/job you are not a neet.

[ej-oo-key-shuh n]
noun
1. the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.

How does researching the physical world not count?

user, I spend all day on the internet reading. I'm probably learning as much if not more than I did in college.

But none of this knowledge is geared towards any prospects of future employment, and I'm still a NEET.

Compare "reading on the internet," to

>With all the important work he accomplished in physics – the enunciation of Boyle's law, the discovery of the part taken by air in the propagation of sound, and investigations on the expansive force of freezing water, on specific gravities and refractive powers, on crystals, on electricity, on colour, on hydrostatics, etc. – chemistry was his peculiar and favourite study.

He researched (not reading, actually devising and carrying out experiments) all of those topics and has a gas law named after him.

No comparison.

anything from the ruling class with the exception of King Henry the VIII