Hey Veeky Forums, I was just in a car accident in my NA Miata. No pictures yet since I had to go to the hospital...

Hey Veeky Forums, I was just in a car accident in my NA Miata. No pictures yet since I had to go to the hospital. Some bitch turned right into me. Broke my ankle.

I have a lawyer and I'm working on getting money, but I need recommendations for a new car now that my beloved Miata is totaled.

Unfortunately these new cars are built way too well for crashes and this is what mostly caused my I injury and totaled my car, so I was wondering if there were any newer cars under 20k that are considered safe even today but also can still be considered "fun." I mean if that cunt was driving anything other than a small Chevy Cruze, I'd probably be mangled or dead.

Tl;Dr - safest newer car (Within 5 years) under 20k that is manual and still fun to drive. Thanks

genesis coupe

Frs/brz or another miata

>getting a car before getting money from her
you are doing it wrong m8

just get a shitbox for 500-1k dollars. sue the fuck out of her. then get a decent car.

NC Miata.

>inb4 claims of pigfat

FRS/BRZ... $15-16k will get you into one no problem.

These are good cars but with a delusional fanbase, they are really fun cars with loads of mechanical grip but they are SLOW, in the real world probably slower then the NB generation

Well, I have money for another car, but I don't want a shitbox. I want something safer.

Literally the day before I was just discussing with a co-worker how it seems like people are getting worse and worse at driving as the years go on. I just see people making more stupid mistakes nowadays.

Seems like frs/BRZ is winning the competition here for fun/safe

Damn glad youre are alright user. make sure to post it in the general when you can.

do you have a pic of your miata before the crash?

This is my '13 FRS. I'm the one who posted above you. Very fun cars and the power isn't AS BAD as people make it out to be.

My car before was an '02 WRX.. It's a bit quicker but the FRS handles so much better. You feel like your riding on rails through every corner. Lower center of gravity than a Cayman and and only half an inch higher center of gravity than an LFA and 911 Gt3. Only downfall imo is the torque dip between 3500 and 4500 rpm that was put in place for emissions. However, that can be fixed with an aftermarket header and tune (open flash tablet or ecutek). In total to delete the torque dip and add 20whp give or take it'll run you about $1k.

Take one out for a test drive and see what you think.. But make sure you take some corners.

I will have to post it when I get home. I miss her already ;_;

First car I ever bought

I have taken one for a test drive but nowhere fun, so I was always under the impression it was boring. I mean it handled nice but the interior kinda turned me off. Ended up buying an 05 s2000 as I was looking for a track/autocross car.

But I need to replace my daily driver now since the s2000 is running on summer slicks and I'm not driving it in winter and getting rust on it.

Ohh ok. I drive mine during the winter with blizzaks on all fours... It's a bit low for winter but winter hooning is good. Can't go wrong with an older wrx for winter though... Just know they've all been abused harder than the town sloot.

Unpopular opinion

>Fiat
I appreciate the attempt at an opinion

>idot

Not an opinion

i was actually looking at these recently

why are they so cheap?

they seem fucking awesome, i love the tunability and sound. Seems like a really fun daily driver.

this
and this

i forget the engine you can swap into it, but it does improve power quite a bit while remaining naturally aspirated

and of course there is supercharging

FOREVER
TOGETHER

Mx5 ND

Manual Integra's are pretty fun desu

Get an NC, NDs are still above 20k used.
Fiat 124 Classicas are around 21k new but dealer markup is pretty bad.

Can't wait for depreciation to hit the 124, it's already cheaper than the ND new.

It's a 500, which are relatively cheap anyway and the 1.4 turbo isn't a special motor at all, it's just hilarious in such a small car.

I think Fiat is trying to undercut the Fiesta ST with it as dealers seem to be pushing discounts on 500s including the Abarth.