If Honda actually makes another S2000, would you buy one?

If Honda actually makes another S2000, would you buy one?

Other urls found in this thread:

dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=30000&year=1999
blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/
blog.caranddriver.com/rumor-honda-to-celebrate-its-70th-anniversary-with-new-s2000-roadster/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one here would be able to afford it and would just bitch about how it's shit because it's no the exact same as an AP1 except better

It was a bad car before. I'm sure it will be bad again.
Yes ive driven ap1 and ap2 multiple times on road and track.

honda has no idea how to make cars like these anymore

on the other hand it's about time they made another since miata nd is objectively superior platform

Depends on what they sell it for. If it's the same price as the 86/brz or lower then yes. Anything higher then no I wouldn't pay that much for a vtec meme

$50k is what has been claimed

>$50k price tag
>slightly detuned civic engine
who the fuck thought this would be a good idea

Do you really think that Veeky Forums would ever buy a new car? Everyone here is a bunch of poor Veeky Forumstists that sperg over how cars are not the same as they were in the 1990s.

The S2000 was expensive and perceived as not great value when it was on sale in the early 2000s. I'm sure the same will be true again. When Honda inevitably declares it to be a failure and ends production people will turn around and "discover" how great the car is and ask why no one bought these when they were new despite paying half the price or less for a used one.

The cycle continues.

People would falsely remember it to be faster than an Enzo for $10,000 new, so the new S2000 could never live up stupid expectations and people would bitch and moan.
Look what happened to the NSX.

Better off making a new car, new design, new name, deny any links to a previous car and people will judge it on its own merits.

Forza doesn't count

>detuned
Source: your ass

I worked at a honda dealer when both cars came out. They sponsored races.

What will be the price of a new s2000 in 1999 but up-to-date inflation adjusted?

dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=30000&year=1999

45,000 USD.

Related, C&D has some hot "some source told me X" takes on the supposed new s2k
blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/

Opinions?
inb4
>kek and driver
I know

it would probably be some hybrid pigfat shitbox like the CR-Z

blog.caranddriver.com/rumor-honda-to-celebrate-its-70th-anniversary-with-new-s2000-roadster/

Source: get fucked

>would you buy one?

No, I have motorcycles for when I want to ride something impractical yet fun and sporty.

>rumour
Eat shit

No, but if it was a new Prelude with SH-AWD then yes.

a lowered accord crosstour with 4WS and a coupe body

No, I'll buy a devalued ap2 though when the market gets flooded with trade-ins

>its the worst car in the fucking world worse than trabby because i dont like it
nice busrider
Only interestng cars honda has are s2k, nsx and s660, so yes, i'd be extremely interested.

>has never driven an S2000
Seriously terrible car

If it's stupidly priced like the last S2000, I'm not interested.

no. buying new cars is for suckers. period. id buy one used one 3 to 5 years when theyre around 20k

>50% deprecation in half a decade
keep dreamin bud