Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Sudden Death edition

>What's new?
Lunar Festival next week with some new goodies and a FREE COCK
youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8DrPANfw

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Where do I find you AFK Abathur faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20475280/weekly-sale-jan-17-24-2017-1-17-2017
>Current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20477656/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-jan-13-2017-punisher-arena-1-12-2017
>Latest patch notes:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20477655/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-january-17-1-17-2017

>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Magatha WHEN

dva WHEN

>playing with 4 other friends
>every game is a stomp against us

epic matchmaking blizz!!!

how ded

>Sudden

Maybe you guys just suck at the game.

>be a shit player
>blame blizz

I bet you're a gold 3 player

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

we do

would be nice if we went aginst other shitters?

It's shit playing with irl friends who are turbo-normies. A smurf is the only solution.

QM? And you're 4-stacking?

1) Go fuck yourself
2) You or your friends probably aren't that great. I won't be a cunt about it, but I will say if it bothers you, try to identify your shortcomings and correct them best you can in the future, don't repeat mistakes. Biggest mistake people make it being too ballsy in the wrong situations.

Over-confidence is a slow and insidious killer.

>Tassadar shield leech component works on core damage done

it would be nice if we didnt get stomped every game, thats all

Recently 5-stacked Quick Match with friends who hadn't played the game before and we won the first twenty or so games in a row, although I did use a smurf.

>5-stack
>getting stomped

uh did you all meme pick or like literally how

Do you think the problem is in your guys' inability to properly manage objective vs. soaking? Maybe you guys look to fight too much over things that don't matter/nothing at all? There's gotta be something that keeps happening that messes with you guys.

we were going normal comp, werent meme picking

again, would be nice if we got other shitters

maybe stop being shit???

No, that's the thing. If there isn't another 5-stack of similar MMR queuing it'll pit you against people with a higher MMR.

>be gold, friends are silver-gold
>people you queue into will be gold-plat, occasional low diamond

Get in voice if you want to win. And/or git gudder.

Well we can't give you any more advice. Just have to improve is all. Yeah it sucks, but, only got one option.

WOW NICE ADVICE user

As in it can make the core heal itself?

Yep.

Yes. I'd link some grubby shit but 4chin won't let me.

How often do they find and/or fix bug in PTR?

>hype over Valeera and the new stuff
>they aren't even out yet
>lose interest in the game
>rinse and repeat with next hero

>tfw 65% winrate with zul'jin AP build
>tfw 25% winrate with AA build

makes ya think

Same, but that'll stop once we start getting SC and OW heroes, I don't care about SC at all., and OW is cool just not as big to me as WC or Diablo at all. And god knows we aren't getting Diablo heroes anytime soon, and if we are, they won't be D2 characters. Only characters I give a shit about from D3 are the Nephalem and we already have all of them.

Depends on the bug

Really game breaking ones get fixed, some wait a week to get fixed in balance patch

>tfw turbo blizzdrone who owns/plays all the games

Can never not be hyped about any hero

I'm not hyped about D.Va.

Her self-destruct ult is going to be shittier than Diablo's flamethrower. Can't imagine what the other one would be.

Zarya at least had an interesting but pointless alternate ult. Tracer straight-up just only has a shitty pulse bomb regardless of choice. I fear every Overwatch hero is going to have equally shit design.

This.
But sadly they're a necessary evil.

>necessary evil
What?

But Zarya's alternate ult is far superior???

Gotta get the OW crowd in here.
I suspect they're gonna release the loot system with an OW hero just to jew to the max.

expulsion zone is amazing.

How does that explain "necessary evil"?

99% of the OW people who came over for the Genji Nexus challenge hated the shit out of the game because they are mostly League players who think HotS is too casual even for them.

They don't like HotS.
We don't like them because they're all fucking shitters.

It is because the game needs more players, if it wasn't obvious.

And that's not true, the event netted a lot more than 1% of the people who came for the challenge. Probably as much as blizzard had hoped.

Other than like, walling off Blackbeard, I don't really see how it's superior in a situation where you are firing a Zarya ult when you want the enemy team to be cluttered up in one spot so your team can actually kill them instead of scattering them away in a futile attempt to stall, especially when plenty of heroes can probably jump a wall or something. Sort of like how Leoric is in a bad place because march isn't the greatest in a teamfight and tomb does shit-all for zoning against 90% of the heroes.

I said interesting because it sounded like a nice idea but in practice, you're going to get no utility out of it because it's too short to stall for objectives, and the maps are too open to try to do something tricky like walling in enemies while you wail on them unless the enemy let themselves get cornered like idiots in the first place.

you split them, and force the back half of the team out of the fight. it's also got a 40 second cooldown opposed to a 100 second cooldown. You can also block gates with it so they can't retreat.

Does Zul'Jin have the least skilled playerbase in the game?

I think that goes to Illidan and Abathur, maybe Butcher instead of Abathur. I've seen more good Abathurs than Butchers. And that's saying something.

I wouldn't even base that on Zul'jin's playerbase, but moreso Zul'jin himself. He's such a non-threat and easy to deal with.

>can't die
>only needs to right click
probably.

Zul'jin kind of requires good positioning and you need to actually be able to aim to his skill shot.

He's not hard to play, but to get the most of out of him you have to be decent.

every hero in the game requires right clicking on the ground and aiming your abilities

What are you aiming with Li Li for example?

Her Q, with her positioning relative to that of her teammates.

bolt

>Stitches
>7k
>Chen
>7k
>The lost memes
>10k

snake dragon

>Zeratul 10k
>Leoric 10k
>Kharazim 10k
>Abathur 10k

Hm. Wonder how long until Abby gets a rework to make him less of a super niche pick.

>tfw bought Zeratul
I still can't get over those 10k gold

>The Lost Memes
kek

Considering Blizzard he'll probably stop being a hat and start being a body. That will be sad.

>Azmo
>2k
When this happen?!

Recently.

Rexxar to 4k, too.

Sombra WHEN?

gross

nova nerfs when?

WHEN????

>Mura 4k

>tfw bought the Maruader Muradin skin
am i dumb?

Ok I got 10k I can buy any hero I own raynor stiches what hero do I buy to win games?

WHO THE FUCK COUNTERS NOVA????

IM TIRED OF THIS BITCH STOMPING EVERY SINGLE GAME

Yeah but his skill shot is different than anyone's in the game because of the arc it takes and I see Zul'jin's just whiff it like crazy.

Not being shit counters Nova.

every hero in the game has abilities different than other heroes'

After they nerf the half of the cast above her

medivh.

IM SHIT

WHO COUNTERS HER??

EVERY GAME SHE GOES 20 KILLS PLUS

WHO

COUNTERS

HER?????

Charge Taunt Parry the Snipe

ragnaros and artanis

Beware of blizzard balance. You won't be OP forever

Abathur. Or tass, greymane, rexxar.

use your hands, eyes and brain to launch hurty things in the direction of nova to counter her

If you play starcraft youll notice shes and all invis heroes arent truly invisible. If you have a non target spell to knock her out of invis at a bad time then shes ded. Raynor can work use his shot thing when you see her and just right click her down. I played alot of starcraft so im used to seeing the blur but you should get used to it.

Aren't there a few cases where there isn't the shimmer?

I'll pretend this is just shitposting

here's a guide for you

nope, there is always the shimmer.

I wont say there might not be but if there is its not often ive killed a good few cheeky novas and zeratuls cause they were behind my teams line and got caught. Also nova is preety squishy so she doesnt take much to kill.

yeah, like the first second of samuro's thing and the whole of tassadar's

i think nova doesn't have any of it though

the lvl 20 talent makes her unrevealable

what a shitty fucking guide nigga you didnt even mention aiming to the side if theyre close smdh

tass's isn't a stealth technically. Samuro he shimmers always, but you can't break it for the first second.

if they're at melee range then you shouldn't be using your w

Yeah, but nobody takes it.

Uh, tanky stuff.

>Tassadar
>Abathur
>Chen, Butcher, Illidan
>Like, any of the tanks

Just look for the shimmer and knock her out of stealth. Try a custom game against a Nova bot, perhaps?

admit your damm mistakes instead of makin some dumb generalizing statement to justify them

nigga it's a chasing tool for when people are out of your auto reach that's why it even has a slow built in

so ur tellin me i shouldnt use that sicc slow & damage for anythin other than that even though its perfectly doable

Jaina a cute CUTE!

why dont u CHILL out

COLD

I HATE RESORTING TO VIOLENCE

I'm sorry, what? Thrall and me? Ugh, who keeps spreading that filthy rumor? Besides, everyone knows I prefer blue over green.

guldan buffs when?

How do I properly use Taz'dingo?

What the fuck would you buff on him aside from Rain? He's perfectly fine. He's great, user, just gitter da gudder

>multiple faggots' faces when i ask what zarya build to use and they say the grenade build

jesus christ i can't believe i fell for it. it's fucking dogshit and the energy build is OP as fuck.