I'm switching from autotragic to manual. How do I use this thing effectively?

I'm switching from autotragic to manual. How do I use this thing effectively?

You keep your foot away from it unless you need to shift.

YouTube for 10 minutes then drive the car.

Seriously. You won't ruin a car just by learning on it, especially if you have any mechanical sympathy and a basic (10 minute) understanding of the process.

How quickly should I press and depress the pedal?

How do I know what RPM to get to in order to rev match?

waste of quints

Check yourself before you rev yourself.

You're over-thinking it. Just drive it. You'll get the feel for it.

>checked

Impressive quints.

Also you just get a feel for it after a while.

>nein

Did you even watched 5 minutes of a video? Have you sat in a car while it's running?

Then you'll be fine. It really is that easy.

The only people who can't drive manual after a bit of practise are people who give up after getting frustrated that they stalled once or twice (that's why those people make 70cents on the dollar).

You're gonna stall. You're gonna ride the clutch a bit. You're gonna stall again.

And your car will be fine, and soon you'll learn.

I test drove and bought my car having only driven a manual once before for a couple miles. Took me the drive home through traffic to learn the clutch bite points, what revs it's happy at, etc etc. Less than an hour.

You will get the feel of the clutch that isn't the same for every car.
Even a seasoned manual driver if always on his own vehicle, has to "feel the clutch" for some miles when on other cars, and get it smooth.

You don't have to rev match.

Why Americans thinks that you have to rev match for using a manual. The gearbox is synced for this very reason.

>not rev matching on every shift.

No need senpai. This is not Initial D or whatever chink cartoon/show you think is actual driving.

Take it slow at first and don't worry about wearing the clutch too much. If you get jerky starts you're probably letting out the clutch too early. Always push the clutch in quick but release it gradually (you'll find the sweet spot of how quickly to release it with practice).

Don't worry about stalling, it isn't bad for your car. Don't hammer on the throttle if you're in 6th and trying to accelerate from 50mph, down shift once or twice so you don't lug the engine. Think about gear changes in advance when coming to corners, be in the gear you want to use when coming out of the slow corner before you get there.

if you are stopped let it off kind of slowly, take about a second in total, this should allow you to make adjustments if you dont have enough revs/need to stop. when you are moving, it matters a lot less, especially the higher your speed, but desu you shouldnt need to change until you are at a point where it wont matter if you dont let it off slowly. you can press the pedal however quickly you like, though try to aim for smoothness rather than outright speed. once you can do it smoothly, then doing it quickly will be piss easy because you will have good pedal control

Don't forget...
If you can't find em grind em!

What's wrong with grinding gears?

It chews the shit out of them and they will slip.

a way thats good to think about a cluth for beginers is that its a brake for the engine. All the way depressed the engine is fully "braked". Somewhere in between youre letting power to the wheels but not all of it. And letting the clutch all the way out = no "braking" of the engine power.

The way the driving school taught you.
If you didn't drive a manual on school you're not allowed to drive a manual because you're a threat to other drivers and pedestrians.

That is, if you live in a 1st world that separates retard drivers from real drivers that knows how to drive manual.

3k clutch drops

I have to.

>1961 f100

if you can't check me rek em!

You slot it in between the flywheel and the pressure plate, then head to youtube and watch a few tutorial videos.

we should really make a sticky about this because this threads like daily

>you don't have to rev match
What if OP drives a 1930 Pontiac with a crash box?

Quickly in, smoothly and somewhat slower out.

>You don't have to rev match.
True, it's not necessary, but it makes for a smoother ride. Plus, perfectly hitting a rev-matched downshift is pretty satisfying.

>The gearbox is synced for this very reason.
The gearbox is synchronized so you don't have to double clutch, not rev matching will still wear out your clutch faster. It's not necessary, but it's not difficult and you might as well.

If you have to ask, you're already fucked

THEM DIGITS

This.
I did this twice and had second thoughts and the car jerked both times like I was stalling

Took me 4 days of nightly driving to get a full feel of it. You'll be ok as long as you watch some youtube videos

>OP's pic: You

>My pic: The Clutch she told you not to worry about

just quit fingering your pussy and step on the gas

Toplel

What is the picture trying to say?
I know it's a sintered clutch plate but I don't get the joke.

It's okay m9, you wouldn't know how to handle the power it brings to the drives.