Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Style
>fastbacks
>hatchbacks
Where are all the sportline european crossovers

Safety happened
>tfw current market completely ignores demographic which would rather not survive in a crash

this

i would rather die along with my car than have my car totaled, survive without a scratch, and deal with through-the-ceiling insurance and the other car being some licenseless, insuranceless dindu who ran off as soon as the bumper hit

iktf

>safety
>pop-up lights aren't needed anymore
>you're in a very niche demographic

Some good looking 80s autos are still pretty safe.

Whats that mitsubishi one? Thats my fav

Its the OP has boomer taste episode.

>safety

who cares about safety but feggets

You're not a good driver if you get involved in an accident because you should always be able to either prevent it or avoid it

And if you're not a good driver you shouldn't drive anything else than a bike

If you want to find your limit aim for the nearest track not the tree line

People who want to pass on their genes?

Anyways, I'd like to see you try and squirm away from an oncoming vehicle while stopped at a red.

Half the people interested bought sportbikes

The other half keep buying and maintaining 80s cars

The rest that don't want to slaughter any nigger dumb enough to jaywalk with their evil red wedge or die in a crash moved on to other things.

Welcome to the free market. "Vote with your wallet!" doesn't seem so noble when 99% of wallet-holders disagree with you, huh?

Style still exists cunt

OP doesn't comprehend that style is subjective.

Yes, right, no one ever gets into an accident on someone else's accord.

>who cares about safety but feggets

keep telling yourself that you drive a 20+ year old vehicle by choice, not because you're a poorfag

Computers spit out design ideas for cars based on safety and aerodynamics.
They're all going to come up with the same answers, so many cars look similar.

you mean the starion?

i actually DIG the stringer and Quadrofapolio

I love its name though, the Mitsubishi Starion. I dunno if that story about it is true; that the name was gonna be the Stallion but due to due to a translation mess-up, the brochures were printed with Starion.

That Graham sharknose looks cool as fuck compared to the rest.

I'm not sure it's totally in scale, though; in person they're fucking monstrous cars.

u 2 cunts should watch that thing go round bathurst in the 80s

Every time I read posts like these I can't refrain from laughing, thinking at how mad someone can get when they think they are a legit "demographic" and the world proves them wrong day by day

They look so ugly. Especially the alfa romeo

that was the era where style died

the 80s killed it

every car was tasteless and had no thought put into the design

And they're all dramatically more expensive than the cars in the OP were new, even after being adjusted for inflation.

>b-but that's irrelevant to the point

Yes but I figured I'd focus on something new to be depressed about.

I drive an older car by choice.

I have plenty of disposable income, I won't buy a car that isn't comfy and most cars these days simply aren't comfy rides.

I had hopes for the new Continental, test drove it, it was shit.

Cars these days, man. They focus on getting you from point A to point B with a lot of electronics crammed into them, but very few are designed and built around the concept of you just hitting some back highways, letting the windows down, putting on some easy listening music, and moving at a slower pace and just enjoying the ride with no destination in particular.

I like a car that is a pleasure to drive and be driven in. Not because I have loads of entertainment options shoved into it, but the experience of riding, and talking with people in the car with me, or just cruising in silence with the smell of spring assaulting my nostrils and the feel of the road passing under my tires is pleasing.

No modern car offers that feeling. The old fast backs and sports cars didn't offer it either though. A big ass town car or Cadillac convertible, something along those lines? That's the ticket. Literally nothing made now fills that role.

Those Camaros were ugly as all hell

ima kil u

>safety
>aerodynamics
>emission limits
>design by committee

This is why I want to get an older car sometime in the future, I can't stand these modern jelly bean designs. I can see two cars side by side on the A14 and think they're the same car until I get close enough to see the badges. It's stupid. It's like they had shit jelly bean style moulds on sale somewhere and everyone in the motoring industry rushed out to buy them.

what's the comfiest car for you ?
I really love the citroen DS (french car), first car using hydropneumatic suspension

Safety regulations and aerodynamic wind tunnel testing.

>box flares > life

Don't have many pics on my desktop, but have one with some /OSG/ slaps.

It's still alive

>only like 80s shitboxes
>they're all riced out or in absolute trash condition
I really was born in the wrong generation

all the stylish people and the life experience that created their vision died,
and normie got even more tasteless

also this making people a bit more bold.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation

>implying it's not more expensive to dd an old can than a new one.

>I won't buy a car that isn't comfy and most cars these days simply aren't comfy rides.
same here
worst of all are the cheep and unyielding seats and materials in use since the 2000s
not so long ago even the cheapest car had decent seats and plastic

>They focus on getting you from point A to point B.
I blame poor city planing for this, cars should not be doing the job of a bus or train.
its a bit annoying to see 100 five seat cars all headed to roughly the same place, with only one person in them.
not to mention the clusterfuck that parking has become in some places.

>with a lot of electronics crammed into them
mostly because of annoying to diagnose glitches and having to deal with poor ergonomics,
I do much prefer manual and tactile controls

but something else worries me more about the amount of electronics in car
the CAN bus and its connection to SHITTY infotainment systems could result in your car being hacked by whom ever is bothers to do so
I picture electric steering and braking under malevolent and remote control or the engine being disabled to strand you in an ambush

>Not because I have loads of entertainment options shoved into it
stock stereos are really bad now both in sound and ease of use

>no S130
>no turd-gen Firebird
>no 930
>no Z10 or Z20
>no Z31 or Z32

You suck at making threads, OP.

more of a grille war

fuck u say?

The affordable three door sporty hatch is dead.

It isn't fair bros...

Third Gen camaro a best

forgot the best one

Stop posting your hideous wheels.

Props to the two who didn't put a bar in the middle of the fucking windshield just because

After 20 years they become more expensive again to buy and maintain, so he probably is.