>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYQrxnXD9zo
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/136916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So who is ready for twitchfaggots to spoil DLC again and all their braindead fanboys to spread the spoilers?

>get killed by a buff-glitch shitter while going through the area after pontiff
>respawn
>fog walls on the doors even though I'm inside the room
wat

I really appreciate you posting this in everything.

>tfw you will never be smushed by the dancer's butt

DLC2 trailer when ?

Hopefully next week. Also, some user said a few threads ago that a trailer will be out on Jan 26th.

Is there ANY confirmation or hint as to when we can expect an announcement?

A few days ago their twitter said "Real Soon :D", but frankly, in developer terms that could just mean "Before December 2017 LOL".

>news about second dlc
>last demo of nioh and then its release
Next few weeks are going to be sweet.

Sweet for some people...

>tfw poorfag

What kind of bossfights are you hoping to see in DLC2?

I want there to be four bosses.
Each one has three stages, except for the last boss which has five stages AND will constantly resurrect every time it's killed, unless you manage to find a side route from outside up to an alternate area in the boss room where you'll find some little faggot hollow playing with weird astrological shit.

>tfw one of the bosses will inevitably be a reskinned Orphan

Don't even joke about that it was a fucking awful mechanic the first time

A real meaty amount of content. I do enjoy AoA but with this next DLC being the last content for the game we need more than "lmao2bosses", I'm not going to do the whole "it's less than an hour long" because that's just bullshit running through and only doing the bosses, the entire fucking game is only like 5-6 hours at most if you do that. It was shorter than I was expecting however, so we really need a DLC with a large amount of varied content to make up for it.

The shortness thing about AoA seems like bullshit. The major failing is it only have two bosses with a massive quality disparity between them.

I want an O&S fight except instead of two guys there are three. When 1 is killed, the remaining 2 combine in the second phase. This means there would be 3 possible second phase boss types.

Do you guys think Aldia will turn up in the DLC? He was the only good lore figure from 2, and his lore is significant enough to at very least be mentioned in the last Souls release we will ever see, at least in my opinion.

>just realised the question only asked about bossfights
shit.
regardless, some stuff we haven't gotten before. I don't want another "SURPRISE this dude resurrects multiple times!" boss or more "big dude with big sword" ones. Something I don't think is done enough is a boss that's really really impacted and changed by the level leading up to it, like the same concept as burning the windmill in DaS2 to remove the poison, but a whole lot more. We already know the DaS world has contructs/golems, maybe play on that. You can change a fuckload of stuff in the area that makes the area harder/easier/different and these changes also effect the boss, swapping segments of it's body or changing the arena. Carefully balanced so that no combination was objectively easier than the others it could be really fucking cool figuring out what does what to the boss and then "tailoring" it to the version you want to fight that time round. Not to mention the possibilities for "muh branching paths and explorable area" before it.

There's probably going to be 2 or 3 boss fights. If it's indeed Londor then i expect the first to be some sort of a highly-ranked Londor official, maybe a leader of Darkwraiths (Jar-Eel?), and the final one is obviously the Dark Soul.

no shitty ds2 lore allowed

Something like the bed of chaos with the ground falling away mixed with the gank squad fight.

There's a Bamco event next week where some e-celebs will get to try the new DLC. The announcement trailer will probably be released then, while the footage they record at the event seems to have an embargo that will last a few weeks.

>dasfags still mad they retconned all giants to anusfaces

>There can only be one kind of giants in the entire world

what the fuck were they even doing with that in DaS2? There's even that one model you can still see (I think it's in one of the memories) that has their original face model on it, granted it looks like ass but it still brings up the question of why they bothered changing it from DaS1 at all? And why to a giant fucking hole of all things?

Why does blood always just show up as your character wearing blackface?

>SotFS
sl 150 or 200 for arena?

That's a picture of a DaS1 giant with an iron grate mask, but with an updated DaS3 model. Fucking look at it, it has a giant hole right in the middle of their non-face, while the model from DaS1 had small beady eyes was almost flat.
Aside from Undead Settlement, you can find them in Anor Londo, right next to drang knights. As we all know, Vendrick went to "some distant land" and snatched some giants for his brother to experiment on. I think it's pretty safe to say that the drang knights we see are remnants of his invasion and deserters that went rogue and became mercenaries, but that's just my retarded headcanon that might make sense to me exclusively.
Probaby because it looks more original, or something along the lines.
I dont know, honestly I would theoreticize that it might have some connection to countless hollows half transformed into trees, Sulyvahn having flandere twig wings and face covered in vines and the fact that early The Know screenshots showed us High Wall at night completely overrun with black vegetation, but it seems that this plotline got scrapped or something.

Probably because it's supposed to be "ashen" or something. Bloodborne had so much better blood effects.

Jar-Eel looks and sounds stupid so he'll probably be From's pick.

Don't know. They had faces pre-release as evidence by some concept art and some early models shown in an IGN tour of From's studio.The one in the memory is probably a leftover they forgot to remove (it's even there in SotFS).

Is there a way to calculate the drop % of a particular object?
The only information I got is that the drop chance of the object I'm looking for is 'rare'

Anyone know how the two handing strength bonus works for twin weapons like onikiri and ubadachi?

>that top right one
shitty_WoW_trashmob.png

Does anyone else think warping is what ruined DaS1/2/3's world and level design? I mean, think about it, the first half of DaS1 has fantastic interconnection and shortcuts that make traveling between areas reasonable and interesting. After getting the Lord Vessel, the world design goes to shit because FROM no longer had to carefully consider how to lay out the world and the levels. The same is true for DaS2/3 as they both lack interesting level connection.

ppairedweapons do not get the bonuis of sttrong;.

soooo i just finished das 3 yesterday ...
why do people think it's superior to das 2 again ??

i like cant even remember any of the boosfights, they were all so lackluster and forgettable, excluding Nameless king which was annoying more than anything
>that fucking first phase retarded dragon and the fucking camera
and the second phase is basically perma dodging and hitting back 1-2 times or you get nuked by insta kill combos.
Soul of cinder was nice, but like everything else in the game that feels "nice" it's another form of fanservicing das 1, not exactly something original.
Also i cant remember any good soundtrack, even the end credits music was shit.

It's far better mechanically and does have better boss fights.

solid bait, 6/10

>why do people think it's superior to das 2 again ??
The controls. And graphics.

BB had great world design despite having warping so...

>After getting the Lord Vessel, the world design goes to shit because FROM no longer had to carefully consider how to lay out the world and the levels

I think that they were pipes because From wanted players to feel like they had reached the end of that "dungeon" as it is. And New Londo Ruins is still part of the "interconnectivity" in world design and technically so is Lost Izalith considering how Lost Izalith links back to Quelaag's domain.

I think DaS3's world design was decent, but it's evident that they had to rush it and the way the levels absolutely work around only 1 bonfire, I think that they designed the levels to work like BB levels (1 lamp at the start then 1 for defeated boss rest is physical shortcuts) and then Bamco playtesters complained that it's too hard for microcuck casuls.

No I hate metroidvania style levels later on because as the game grows outward from the center, the interconnectiveness always lowers. Ds1 did it right allowing fast travel later on.

Not really. For some objects people test it and figure out percentage drop rate, though.

>Does anyone else think warping is what ruined DaS1/2/3's world and level design
No. Going back and forth between the first half of DS1 is an immense slog and overall it has a lot of retarded bonfire placement, as much as DS3 or maybe even more.

okay i'll give you that one, the gameplay was fun.
mate im not, really i want to know what you guys find so kewl in das3.

bb and ds 1 were original and memorable (lore, gameplay, soundtrack) das 3 and 2 are on the same level of meh to me.

What's rings should I use on a STR build? I've got favour, life and hornet but I'm not sure what to use for the 4th slot. Thinking maybe knights to bump me from 60 to 66 STR and get a little more damage.

>levels absolutely work around only 1 bonfire
At least half of DS3 really needs multiple bonfires per level given a low estus count you have and overall power of enemies. It needs multiple bonfires way more than DS1 where you had 10 stronger flasks since the very beginning.

Enemies that flail their weapon around like a retard piss me off. It's not that I have trouble dealing with it, it's just the act of them doing it. And FromSoft seems to have given it to a lot of enemies in DaS3.

>dark souls is about a world going completely hollow and mad
>how dare enemies flail their weapons madly like they actually lost their mind

Finished Dark Souls 3. Feels pretty melancholy tb h, really enjoyed the whole series overall even if it's not perfect. Really like Soul of Cinder as a final boss. His armour being a kind of distorted version of the Elite Knight set was a nice touch since it kind of made you feel like you were fighting the Chosen Undead. His first stage where he changed between all the different weapons was really cool and made it really feel like you were fighting an amalgamation of many Lords of Cinder, and also worked on kind of a meta level by sort of representing the players themselves.

The second stage was also cool as fuck when he started using Gwyn's moves and the new version of Gwyn's theme was really great.

All that said, he wasn't very hard and I would've liked it if his moves were a bit faster to make him more dangerous. But he was a really well-presented boss and a good one to end the series on.

One of the best levels in Souls games is No-man's Wharf from DaS2. Only one bonfire.

Who do people hate das 2 so much?

I really enjoyed my playthrough

Because of that one video that told people to.

OH, that explains it. Thanks.

>tfw spent $80 on a new PS3 instead of saving it to get a PS4
a-atleast i can keep twinking in 2-1

>soooo

uuuhhhhh stopped reading there

i don't hate ds2 even though i consider it a weak game
what i hate is ds2 community

The ps3 has lots of great games. The ps4 only has one.

>""community""
have you considered killing yourself?

soooo i just finished das 2 yesterday ...
why do people think it's superior to das again ??
i like cant even remember any of the boosfights, they were all so lackluster and forgettable, excluding Sinh which was annoying more than anything
>that fucking retarded dragon flying around and the fucking camera
>and then it boils down to basically perma dodging and hitting back 1-2 times or you get your weapon broken instantly
Old Dragonslayer was nice, but like everything else in the game that feels "nice" it's another form of fanservicing das 1 and King's field, not exactly something original.
Also i cant remember any good soundtrack, even the end credits music was shit.

Horrible controls, it feels really out of place, the graphics make it look like some bootleg russian tribute game, Soul Memory, etc.

To be fair, the game had a lot of nice features being placed, like 4 slots for rings, dual wielding and a lot of cool weapons.

Can't stand play it alone, tho.

>lots of bosses but most of them are easy and lame
>controller deadzone and only being able to move in certain directions makes moving your character awkward
>basically forced to level up ADP because otherwise you have hardly any iframes
>soul memory
>lore and setting is very disconnected from the first game
>level design and aesthetic is kind of boring
>level transitions are really badly done making every area feel disconnected from the rest of the world
>having to get the four Old Ones souls to open Shrine of Winter because the road was blocked by waist-high rubble makes one of the main goals of the game feel really stupid
>lots of bonfires make the game easy
>game relies on mobs of enemies to make levels difficult rather than unique, well-designed enemies or well-designed levels

Those were most of my issues with the game. I don't think it's terrible, I largely enjoyed my time with it, there are some things it did right and DS1 and DS3 didn't do. However I definitely consider it the weakest entry. A lot of these issues weren't in the DS2 DLCs though, which were all very good (especially Crown of the Old Iron King and Crown of the Ivory King).

>BB
>NiOh
>GB3
>New EXVS game
>the two Sony exclusives FROM have to make

I just disliked it openly dedicated most of its patching and balance concerning duels and all but ignored coop/invasions/pve

if anything, they made invasions even worse by increasing phantom limit in SOTFS and introducing a nearly unkillable npc phantoms

matey, i know you read it all and ended up getting flustered.
>le salty neckbeard
are you trying to imply that i defend das 2 ?
it was a trashbag just like das 3 is
>even the end credits music was shit
yea right
youtube.com/watch?v=bYQrxnXD9zo

PS3 has DeS, MGS HD collection and RDR which just about does it for games I'm personally interested in. But you might have different taste in games I guess.

I'd probably buy PS3 at this point just to play DeS but I think they'll remake it for PS4 and DeS was the jankiest game of the franchise anyway so I don't feel like wasting my money on it.

>the two Sony exclusives FROM have to make
Source.

>I really enjoyed my playthrough
I did too, user.

But here's my take on why I don't enjoy DS2 as much as the others maybe barring DeS because while DeS has good levels and great atmosphere it's a janky piece of poo in all regards when it comes to gameplay.

>shit level design
>shit checkpointing
>shit lighting that makes levels look incredibly dull
>shit online due to no full eye orbs an soul memery
>despawning mobs and focus on farming
>shit bosses (that are still better than their DeS equivalents except maybe the gargoyles)
>adaptability
>cool mechanics that went totally underutilized
>shit covenants based on cool ideas that were totally wasted

I agree with the first two, but what are the other ones (GB3 adn EXVS) ?

I wanted to make a faith pvp build, but think the one i've come up with will suck
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/136916 how can i improve it?

>faith pvp build
i don't even need to open that link to tell you why it sucks, user

B-but i want to hurl big spears of lightning at people

you can hurl them alright, but they won't hit anything

>really i want to know what you guys find so kewl in das3.
Bosses on general are faster, more aggressive, have more varied movesets. Each has 2 stages, and the soundtrack changes as well.
A considerable amount of regular mooks are the same: more speed, more moves, more aggression. Stuff like Pontiff Beasts, curse doggos or outrider knights would've qualified as full fledged bosses back in the days of old gen souls (des, das, das2).
And that's the meat of the game right here: regular mobs and boss fights. Both I think are strictly superior to DaS1.
I also think that the music is better, at least because it's tied to the whole double stage mechanic. Some of the transitions, like pontiff's, are majestic as fuck. DeS music is good, but is rather slow and utilizes a lot of trumpets, and honestly doesn't really always fit. DaS1 has too much stressful "OOOOHOOH AHAH" IMO. BB music is still probably the best, at least on the merit of being an actual orchestra.
In terms of aesthetics, it's still pretty varied. I dunno where the "LOL GREY AND PISS FILTER" meme comes from. You have crimson-toned lake, ghostly blue irithyll, green irithyll dungeon, white ariandel and so on.

but that's what trading hits with them is for

>Source.
There was some "Sony insider" a while ago who mentioned on neofag that From made a 3 PS4 games deal with Sony (BB and two more).

>there's roughly 5 enemies between two demon ruins bonfire and zero between daughter of chaos bonfire and first demon ruins bonfire
>another one right after the firesage even though stairs and elevator lead right back to the first demon
>ANOTHER ONE right after centipede demon
>according to /dsg/ this game has good bonfire placement

That's about it for that SL, weird one to stop at. Get Yorshka's chime for the buff. Talisman poise health doesn't depend on your poise.
Storm is not very good so you could just move 6 att points into vig.

>mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/136916
>Sl95
Weird sl to stop, any reason?
Looks good so far with the SL you've chosen, would've liked to see more Vig/Fth

Lost Izalith gets a pass from most people since its the rushed PoS area

Way better than DS3, my dude. Fuck All bosses turn into bonfires and shit. There's literally a bonfire 20 feet away from another between Armour and Grand Archives.

it was just the basic stats, i was going to add remove points as nessecary, and I picked storm because it apparantly combos into lightning stake/spear
what SL should i take it up to, 120?

>I'd probably buy PS3 at this point just to play DeS but I think they'll remake it for PS4

Don't get your hopes up, Sony may own the IP but the distribution rights are split 3 ways. I wouldn't be surprised at a new Shadow Tower though, especially since guns worked well in Bloodborne and FROM could fall back on the standard "isolated kingdom where someone fucked up and now evil is spreading" story that FROM uses for pretty much all of their games.

lost izalith in general is garbage, as well as most areas after anor londo, which most of /dsg/ readily admits

It's OK when Dark Souls 1 does it.

>Way better than DS3
No, it's not. Especially given that DS3 gives you less healing options all the way till lategame.

sup, plebbit

>All bosses turn into bonfires
What exaclty was the deal with this ? Is this some leftover game mechanic that got scrapped ? I remember pre-release stuff about making your own bonfires and sacrificing certain bonfires to do shit.

It's a DeS thing. FromSoft seems hellbent on merging all Souls mechanics into one game which obviously doesn't work well.

>bloodring
>roll around like a madman
>smash in blues confused faces with a +10 heavy pickaxe
>hosts getting annoyed and summoning phantoms, popping seeds, black crystalling me out, or getting themselves killed trying to catch me with their washing poles/spears while the Aldrichbros gangbang them

LOCK ME UP

I have the fapping ring+2 on atm, should I switch it with Havel+2 so I can get some better gear on? I'm currently on fucking negative damage absorption otherwise.

Okay, lets us talk about early and midgame, then. There's a single Drake between Burg bonfire and altar of sunlight, and even altar of sunlight only allows to skip 2 hollows and 2 rats.

Then we have an abomination that is a bonfire placement in Darkroot Garden. A single bonfire would be more than enough for this entire area, but it has fucking 3 of them, and there's 5 piss easy treants between parish and one of them and a single black knight between parish and another of them. Depths shouldn't have a bonfire at all, there's already a shortcut that allows to skip all butchers and mad hollows if you're coming from up above.

Anor Londo is equally retarded with Gwyn's tomb bonfire that doesn't provide a shortcut for anything as it's simply faster to get down from Anor Londo bonfire than call the lift, run to its upper level then switch the lift yet again.

I won't even bother describing late-game bonfire placement, it's all over the place as well as there's like a single jump between two Catacombs bonfires.

The only areas in the entire DS1 that have a balanced bonfire placement are Blighttown, Sen's and New Londo.

You don't need them that badly. Making it to tower on the wall using 1 estus is about as hard as doing the same to burg's bonfire. On bigger levels, DaS 3 has plenty of shortcuts to allow you to explore with no extra bonfires needed.

Take the cruxifixon woods bonfire. There's only a few hollows, those poison things and one dog between it and the nearest bonfire and yet they think a bonfire there has any reason to exist. Or the lake and ruins separation only because of the worm. Or the DLC having one on both sides of the bridge. Or the lothric castle not being enough with all the shortcuts and the dragon barracks existing.

Did you know not everything is a reference you mongoloid faced baboon?

>get summoned as Darkmoon
>immediately get black crystalled out by the host
Fuck you

>kek'd before opening the picture because recognising scene
>open pic and kek harder

>if it's bonfire placement doesn't make it le so hardcore lelele xD it's not balance

>You don't need them that badly
You don't need, maybe. Average player does.

>not replacing last two guys with Miyazaki and Tanimura