He drives a car with an airbag

>he drives a car with an airbag

How does it feel to be driving around with a ticking timebomb in front of your face at all times?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2016/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-takata-air-bag-recall/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw still haven't brought my accord in for the airbag recall

Livin life a quarter mile at a time

my SRS light is on

Fucking airbags, they do more harm than good.

HA! BIETCH

I got a quick release steering wheel muduh fukuh

Das a sick ride raight der, brudda brudda

My airbag is from 91, I'm reasonably terrified of it.

Have thought seriously about just popping it.

Mine's from '93, I'm equally terrified.

Once that thing has a reason to blow, there goes my face. Fucker'll probably break my nose.

felt pretty good to walk away after t-boning another car going 70.

I'd rather have a lacerated face and broken cheekbones and ribs over a steering column through my chest.

>drive a car from 91
>no airbags just passive restraints
>automatic seatbelts

I do kinda hate the automatic seatbelt, but after getting my ribs fractured by an airbag from the same car a model year newer, I'll get used to the seatbelt.

Couldn't it be possible to just cut the power to your airbag if you drive an old shitter?

I dont have airbags and i have a 5 point harness.

Yeah I still have the airbag in my 1990 Miata...I don't know how safe it is anymore. Might switch to a steering wheel without one

are there any pros to having a 5 point harness in a dd assuming thats your dd

do you own an E36?

Try sitting more than 10cm from the wheel manlet.

Prob not needs a hans device to not break neck and shit

If anything the air bag will not deploy of inflate slower than spec. In crashes with older cars they have that even after 20 years the airbags deployed as intended.

The only thing you should possibly be concerned about is an electrical issue causing the bag to deploy for no reason. This is highly unlikely as the system checks for errors and will disarm if found.

I drive a 95.

>That feel when not a manlet and head rests mot tall enough behind me for whiplash.

I'll be dead anyway, might as well be dead in a car that I might as well never drive again.

It's spoopy driving my parents '01 CRV

consumerreports.org/cro/news/2016/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-takata-air-bag-recall/index.htm

my 09 CR-V has an open recall for that as well. fuck it yolo

Lol same here mang. I bet mine doesn't even work anymore

Last crash I got in it didn't even go off despite the fact that it shoud of.

And just last year one of my cousins had her air bag for off on her randomly as she was driving down the highway. Broke her thumb and landed her in the ditch. Luckily she went ditch as aposed to the oncoming traffic.

All the 5 point does over the standard is spread the force over two cross chest straps instead of one. Which will reduce the chances of breaking ribs and reduce soft tissue and organ damage in the case of a crash.

This thread is proof this board is retarded and has no idea what the fuck it's talking about. I swear you're the same idiots who don't wear seatbelts because MUH GUBMENT KEKING ME I DO WHAT I WANT DON'T TREAD ON ME FUCKING SJWS

Your cousin is a retard

>had her thumb anywhere near the airbag
She's holding the wheel completely wrong which probably contributed to the crash in the first place. You have to actually try to put your thumb over it, it doesn't just happen.

Only one way to find out

So I did some research and the air bags used in the 90-93 Miatas are completely fucked.

When the airbag was designed, it was assumed that the driver was not going to be wearing a seat belt because no one wore a seatbelt back then so the airbags are a lot more powerful than a modern airbag is

I do, I just have a big nose because I'm a merchant.

>"BAWWW MY 30 YEAR OLD AIRBAG EXPLODED AND HURT ME"
You'd be surprised how much automobiles have advanced in 30 years.