I'm contemplating purchasing ridiculously cheap property/land in Eastern Europe

I'm contemplating purchasing ridiculously cheap property/land in Eastern Europe.

No intention of ever setting foot there, but I think it might be a good investment.

Anyone ever done this?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinfo.cz/en/articles/the-transformation-of-czech-agriculture-after-entry-into-the-eu-80519.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need to be more specific and consider that many eastern european countries are literally dying because all the young people are moving to the western european countries. You need a countries that is developing especially agriculturally and its hard for me to think of one.

As long as it cash flows, it can't be all bad meng

I wonder if we can con rich Chinese people into buying up property in Eastern Europe

It's a great idea you should definitely do that I own a lot of land out there that way myself I might be willing to sell. How does only 0.25 btc acre sound? You could retire in the countryside someday friendo

baltics, m8

they'll be the next scandinavia while europe proper burns

I've actually thought about this.

Actually me and a friend had this whole scheme to do the opposite. Go find rich businessmen(don't care where their money came from legal/illegal) and get them to buy land from us here in the US.

>should've done it

It's cheap because it's shit land. Those countries are becoming weaker and weaker by the day, plus mother russia will be claiming a good part of it soon enough.

You didn't respond to my totally serious offer friend

Slovenia and Estonia are doing very well for themselves economically.

Hillary please

This, dont go into latvia yet, Lithuania is has great agricultural sector, Estonia is more expensive and am not sure about their growth continuation in the next 10-15 years.

Out of curiosity, where do you own land?

you meant to say Killary, I suppose?

>out of curiosity
Fuck you then. I won't let you buy land

Hi Western Degenerate, I am retail investor from Czech republic, apart from trading on ICE, CBOT, NYMEX and GLOBEX, I also invest into real estate in Bohemia, land, commercial property, residential property, industrial properties. I own 20 hectares of agricultural land and 5 hectares of woodland, bought in 2010 for capital appreciation. On top of capital appreciation and low taxation (12 USD/year/hectare) fields receive donation from EU dickheads from Brussel Sprouts City of Brainheaded Socalist Scum, it's around 500 USD per hectare per year just for a grass trim twice a year, since land is rented by local agricultural business as a pasture, no additional expense is required to achieve the donation, average local price in 2016 is 165 000 CZK per hectar ~ 6600 USD for agricultural land, so you can look at those EU subventions as a 7.57% dividend income stream, or helicopter money perhaps, since I also receive 220 USD per hectare from rental which is considered as a taxable income (flat rate is 10.5% after optimization). While agriculture is currently undervalued here, prices keep going up every year, average price has risen at average rate of 9.4% per year since 2010.

Woodland is another chapter, average price for hectare in 2016 is 204 491 CZK, YOY land appreciation ~ 2.4%, 2014/2015 ~ 4.0%, but it really depends on many different characteristics of individual forest - accessibility, age, condition, etc... You also have to make sure the forest is not infested with any disease and if it is, it should not spread, else you could be fined or even prosecuted and pay damages, but you can hire a forester, who will check it up once in a while for you, higher risk comes from third party entities that can cut your trees and sell them for profit without telling you about it.

Generally the best deals are made in local districts without real estate agencies, largest aggregate database of available land for sell is realitio.cz

At least inspect the land you're fucking buying mate. There's a lot of shit you need to worry about that can fuck up your investment. Not many people want to use fucked up shitty land ESPECIALLY for agriculture. Plus with land there are a bunch of fucking con artists trying to sell you more land then they own or there is weak soil/foundation. You can possibly be a massive fuckup and a buy one with a large hill on it. Etc etc. OP inspect your fucking land faggot.

id say you should probably NOT do that

1) you dont understand their fucking laws (prop tax, capital gains tax, regulations)
2) real estate is a fucking meme that you shouldnt invest in unless youre actually utilizing the land for some other purpose
3) putin's just gonna take that shit and then you wont have anything

It shoukd work...

here's why:

Eastern Europe's property value will go up after everyone escaping Western Europe tries to go there..

Also, property value always goes up due to inflated currency.

Worst case senerio, you break even.

Can't you sign up for free land in Vladivostok in Russia's far east?

>Worst case senerio, you break even.
No. Worst case scenario: Germany and France flip their shit.
No more > donation from EU dickheads from Brussel Sprouts City of Brainheaded Socalist Scum
Enjoy your adjusted income stream

>Eastern Europe's property value will go up after everyone escaping Western Europe tries to go there..
If people literally escape they will bring no jobs and few money (since most peoples assets are tied up in their local Western European real estate)

>Also, property value always goes up due to inflated currency.
Only if people get financing
If somehow the ability to finance stuff with fantasy fiat money dries up the prices will adjust immediately
Also if inflation is high -> interest rates will be high -> financing will be very expensive -> land prices go down

Of course overall OP's story is sound.
businessinfo.cz/en/articles/the-transformation-of-czech-agriculture-after-entry-into-the-eu-80519.html

Only if you signup to communist party and swear oath to Putin and if for any reason the land will raise in value disproportionally to national average (which is zero), your land will be confiscated by state and then sold for free to some higher ranked ''comrade''.

>you will never be irl bros with a Czech real estate investor

currently Poland and the Czech Republic are the only economies im optimistic about

This is the most hilarious post I've read on here in months and I don't know why.

Dont. In rural areas of Finland the property prices are in a free fall. My friend inherited a farm and he cant sell it for 30k euros. Nobody wants to live there so there is no market. I think it is the same in most areas of eastern europe. Only in bigger cities you have a real estate market but there prices are very high. In Helsinki you have to pay 160k for a decent bachelor apartment.

Invest in Romania, trust me. Huge house for dirt cheap

Woah slow the fuck down

If this is all true thanks for providing a glimpse into the fascinating world of eastern European agricultural real estate. With the price rises and the annual donation from the "EU dickheads from Brussel Sprouts City of Brainheaded Socalist Scum" you have easily beaten the market average.

>next scandinavia
you miss-spelled 'russian territory'

Pepe and Wojak

>1664806
I have land in eastern europe. Give me advice.