/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Nintendo released a Splatoon presentation during their Switch expo. It's exclusively in Japanese, but still contains useful information: youtube.com/watch?v=5aVow4GHi4o
- All weapon types will be returning to Splatoon 2! This includes Splatlings and Sloshers. splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/155899911016/the-tried-and-true-splattershot-hasnt-changed
- It has been confirmed that no supers from Splatoon 1 will be returning in the sequel. Check out the new supers on the Splatoon tumblr. splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/155902111001/interestingly-enough-all-of-the-special-weapons
- Splatoon 2 has been announced and is slated for a release date of Summer 2017! Watch the trailer here: youtube.com/watch?v=qN4w5D2tzME
- The Switch will have paid online service - but it will remain free from the Switch's March 3rd launch through Fall 2017. nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
- The Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy are showing up as new characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! They also sport new cars. youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr (read about Splatoon 2 news in English)
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Official JP Twitter (read about Splatoon 2 news before it gets translated)
- twitter.com/SplatoonJP

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/822021956081885185
twitter.com/sucoshiika/status/821356791661400067
twitter.com/aremoyashi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marie is best squid

gosh
i really just want to smooch callie

>had zero news a week ago
>now have 6 pieces of news
feels good man

We should probably add some Splatoon 2 stuff to the faq. Gyros in the controllers, map on x, weapons and specials confirmed, that sort of thing.

>that one retard on the otherside of the stage while we're pushing the RM forward
What the FUCK

the entire thing is outdated

It's only really the atk/def one that's actually wrong, right?

Did they change ATK/DEF? I've been out of the game for a while. Did they make them stronger?

I don't think so, but the FAQ says you can't reduce the number of shots to kill and I'm pretty sure you can for some weapons.

you can increase the shots to kill with defense up, but you can't with damage up
you can however get it to 99.9, so if they've touched even a drop of the enemy's ink, then they're dead

>fire up the wii u to check
>the fuck is lost reavers

Anyway turns out what I was getting confused with is that you can get two *uncharged* shots with the splatterscope over 100 with two mains and six subs.

good afternoon /ink/
how are we all today

Enjoying a day off and waiting patiently for the RM rotation later on today.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/822021956081885185
Now you can see which squid has their special fully charged.

Friends with Octolings!

That's pretty nice, I'm liking these little quality of life improvements.

I'm not sure if I'm tactical enough to really take advantage of it though. I guess you'd avoid getting near anyone with the slam.

>now

what a girl

feels like I'm going insane sometimes but /ink/ makes me happy

Fine I guess, I should probably be cleaning but I'm going to play video games for a little bit.

She's ok

twitter.com/sucoshiika/status/821356791661400067

Any tips for someone who just got the game? Anything that'll make me a better player as I go along in multiplayer? Abilities to look for, habits to get into, whatever?

Go fast

Slipped and fell on the ice yesterday and landed straight on my tailbone, so I'm pretty sore. Thankfully I have no plans for today so I'll just stay inside all day.

How are you doing?

gyros, recon is only for fashion, collect all scrolls from single player, Praise Octolings

Gotta go fast?

It's imperative that you move at an accelerated pace

Remember to keep laying down ink, having good team mobility makes a huge difference. Watch the squids at the top of the screen so you know when to be defensive and when to push, and remember that the objective is the priority even if it means letting an enemy go.

Play with the gyro controls. They may feel abit wonky at first but without a doubt they are the best way to play the game. You'll probably be better off playing the single campaign first to get use to the motion controls. As for multiplayer make sure to take advantage of the mobility offered by ink. If you can paint it you can travel on it. So going up walls, platforms etc. are all open to you. Like most shooters high ground gives you alot of control of the map. Also turf control is very important. You should always be looking for opportunities to get more of your team's ink on the map. You don't have to be pixel perfect but try to cover as much enemy ink as possible. Pay attention to your deathcam. Watch your opponent and see what he's doing and where he's going. It'll give you a clue as to what to do after you respawn. Abilities are hard to suggest without knowing what weapons you like to use but some good all around abilites are Ink Resistance (which you can only get on shoes), swim speed up, run speed up, ink saver main and ink recovery up. However you should play with alot of different weapons until you find a core that speaks to you and from there it'll be easier to fine tune abilities.

When jumping to a beakon, it doesn't have the little icon showing you're jumping there. So if you're in midjump to it and someone is taking the beakon down, they won't know you're on your way to that position.

Personally, when I jump to a teammate and I don't have stealth jump on, I like to choose ones who are slightly out of the way/not right in the action. It's safer jumping there and spending a few seconds swimming than to jump into an area where there might be three of the enemy squids sitting there, waiting for you to land.

>the objective is the priority even if it means letting an enemy go
This is incredibly important. I lost a RM match the other day since three of my teammates were going after a single guy on the other team. This is something you would expect from sub-A rank players, but this was in S rank.

Also, when playing ranked, don't bother treating it like turf wars to fill up your special unless you're really close to filling it up. You'll fill it up fast enough just by focusing on the objective and backing your teammates up.

I keep losing connection in Turf War games, I can play a minute at best before getting dropped back to the lobby. Is my internet just too shit? It works fine for Mario Kart.

some server bullshit for the sequel, at least from what ive heard

its been happening to me too. ive noticed that it gets really bad if youre the only western player

Assuming a guy was equally skilled with both weapons, which would you rather see him using on your team? The Heavy Splatling? Or the .96 Gal? I love both and I've never really decided on which I should focus on.

It depends on map/mode but in general the Heavy since walls are strong on nearly all maps and it's a better turfer then the .96 Gal.

heavy splatling 2000%. with the right gear, the heavy splatling can hold a spot down and keep it down. the .96 just doesnt have the turfing capability that the heavy splatlings have.
ive been A- rank and in lobbies with all S+ players, and have won games just because i played defensively with the heavy splatling.
that being said, both weapons are primarily defensive, so i dont want to see some guy running up on a bunch of players with those guns

>and they run when the sun comes up
>squid is retreating

>finally got access to moyashi's lewd account
wew

Don't know he had a lewd account

>playing defensively with a Luna Blaster

she also has an account to post her bed head everyday
you cant have too many twitter accounts

Anyone playing the game?

Waiting for RM Triggerfish

Guess I'll come back around then.

>1 v 3 a pesky e-liter, panic button kraken octobrush, and galfag with nothing but my carbon, a single seeker, and a bag full of dreams

I absolutely surrender dropped from S 19 to A+ 44 because teammates wouldn't ride the tower, jump off just as we're bout to get the lead, not support people on the tower, ignore chargers completely and the worst of them all try and spawncamp on Moray

I hope the single player has more secret dialogue like on the Saltspray Rig Octoling level when Marie says you are just standing around doing nothing.

Just crutch your way to S+ user. Use whatever is most broken and not what you enjoy playing with.

I'm afraid I can't do that I played every meme weapon up until Sloshers came out and now there's no going back.

Gold Aerospray - check
.52 gal Deco - check
Tentatek - Check
Luna on TC exclusively - check
Luna Neo - check

Go on a break or just play some turfwar. It helps me avoid going on tilt

>SK clan cucks on my team
>they're a pair of jobbers
Ebin

What's a good piece of headgear to run with Splattershots? I'm using the Red Hi-Tops and I'm going to try to get a Black Inky Rider, but if anyone has a suggestion for something to replace that with I'm open to it.

For the Wasabi and Tentatek a Run Speed Up hat and for the Vanilla model a Damage Up hat for your burst bombs.

Thanks user, guess I'll just stick with my Hero Replica Headgear.

Why didn't Ninty nerf Luna even once? They blew their last opportunity on giving Neo heavy depletion that it doesn't care about anyway because it's constantly trading. Luna and Carbon are the reason anything short-ranged is unusable, and while Carbon is nasty to go against but is pretty well-balanced by its myriad of downfalls, Luna and everything about it IS bullshit. It's a ridiculously low-skill weapon with terrain abuse levels only second to Sloshmo and way too fast of a fire rate for its indirect damage output. And a bomb that even such shitguns as Squiffer, Slosher and Sploosh only got with their picks- a bomb with a massive OHKO radius after they blasted you once, mind you, not just a zoning tool like Sploosh's. Can you armor yourself against it like you can do against Gals? Nope, two blasts is all you ever going to get, not only these suckers have a blast so massive that it hits 50 base damage rarely, every second one I've seen wears damage up to ensure 3-hit splat with its bomb rush and more common OHKOs on damaged enemies. Got a sneak onto them with a Carbon? Nope, you just got directed. It isn't even gear dependent like Rapid undeservedly is, you can run anything you want on it. It's not a runner so it would be pretty efficient even if it had huge ink consumption- which it doesn't; it's an okay-ish turfer, not a lot (still more than Carbon, though) but extremely safe; it technically loses accuracy when jumping but in practice it affects fuckall; and even its mobility is kinda okay, it doesn't root itself if you accidentally forget to jump like Range does. It can turn way too many situations to its advantage, and it's not as hard to use as Sloshmo or Dynamo or Grim or hell, even Slosher. And its blast just happens to be the same size as the tower's platform, how convenient! Of course this shotshow of a gun is going to be overused.

You seem upset. In my experience both playing with and against it the fact that it's ranged options are so poor that a charger can shut them down pretty hard. Splattlings as well. I do agree that they're broken on TC though.

>Urchin/Camp
This'll be really fun or really painful.

Anyone looking to squad? I'm at B 52 right now, just got back into the game.

nnid: friskybits

Any rotation with RM Triggerfish is fun

>Hydracuck on my team
No, it wasn't. Fucking wanna be chargers.

Wanna twin? FR sent.

>charger can shut them down
It can shut down stupid Lunas that wander in open spaces. Any Luna user that has the most baisic learning capabilities imaginable will learn to and how to employ gorilla tactics and hide in weird charger-inaccessible spots in ten matches at most.

Sure

Which one are you by the way? I got two requests. If we get one more we can do quads.

I don't know man. I main a Luna and my old friend who had the fucking eyes of an eagle managed to pop me even when I was being sneaky.

I was Lunar.

Alright, well the Squad's up.

She took the loss harder than she showed

how do I get access? moyashi is one of my favorite artists

>other Lunas thinking they got shit on me

you have to send them a follow request at twitter.com/aremoyashi
it took them a good while to approve my request though so mileage may vary

I'll join, I've got Lunar added already.

>that nigga Tom with Carbon just walking around

>didn't get Wiiu
>missed out on 1st Splatoon
>i-i will just get inevitable sequel
>Splatoon 2 on Switch
>gimmicky overpriced console
>PAID ONLINE
i j-just wanted s-squids...
fucking kill me bros, am i destinied to just lurk this thread forever

Looks like he went offline. I don't blame him for being upset. First match went smoothly but 2nd was disgusting. I'm a little salty too we got the double B shitters Want me to create a new twin or duck out?

Anyone still want to squad?

Maybe you can get a wii u and splatoon cheap soon, and at least have a few games.

Sure, however many we can get.

>Maybe you can get a wii u and splatoon cheap soon, and at least have a few games.
everyone will move already to Splatoon 2

Its up. Lets see who it is.

Prepare to witness the rust.

>Can't hit shit Jim.

That was tight.

>opposite team cornering me from all sides
>keeping em off
>suddenly we've taken the lead and the match ends

I took it in overtime while they were busy trying to kill you. Just managed to push it before a wail powered up around me.

Good clean knockout.

>first dunk in months is a casual as fuck stroll through the park

>why isn't this fuck dying in two pops
>Defense up
Oi...

Well, this is boring.

>that scummy as fuck victory

Watching others struggle is fun.

I love the sound of a sprinkler on the shield.

thanks user

>they think everyone on our team is splatted
>mfw riding up the wall and splatting all four of them
>they were literally one point away from taking the lead
Drinking to that tonight.

I was wondering how that save happened.

Last one for me I think.

>squidbagged unironically
Now I'll never be able to get married.

GGs, ese. Those were some pretty great games.