i.imgur.com/LbuPaGc.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=dSfIERQUm4I
unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-roguelike-tutorial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you don't post progress your mother will die in her sleep

Quests work, sort of.

What does AGDG stand for

>why don't you apply then??
because im not a programmer. im just telling you how easy it is to get a job at programming

>1660
>1660
>1

A Guy's Doing Grandma.

>mfw UE4 crashes for the fifth time in one day

I can't get enough of this. Will there be some sort of quest log, by the way?

I'll add it, just for you.

Anime Girls Develop Games.

I'm not a big guy though

Show us just one of the supposed meme pything job you're talking about.
You're just bullshiting and you know it.

Working on UI graphics, how do you like it?

there are no anime girls here

I want to amateur develop a game girlfriend!

Looks like a win95 game UI. The layout is fine and the decorations kind of okay, but the materials make it look like crap.

Feels japanese game-y, I like it

How'd you make it? I'm terrible at UI

What's a simple game to make to get back into gamedev? I don't wanna do a platformer.

trash

The game you want to make. If you don't want to make any games, then why do you want to make games?

There is no layout, I just placed some elements to show them

Substance Designer, picrelated

>there are no anime girls here

or games

Looks like dark souls/bloodborne UI

>Excellent Python skills, Bank of America

>Multifunctional developer

>Experienced Python developer

Are you joking?

>The moment dev-senpai notices you

T-thanks!

I want to make games but im bored when i try to learn it. Is there something wrong with me?

What are some games with jaunty soundtracks like Banjo Kazooie?

>paid software

Are you Rat Tower dev?

Banjo Tooie

I like it! I hope you can find a way to make your items stay within the same style.

babbydev workin through roguelike tutorials.

HOW IS BABBYGAME FORMED

God job user, never give up

Yeah, I use Bloodborne screenshots as references

No, I am not. I spend $50 instead of $150 for all three Substance tools (Designer, Painter, B2M) because Steam prices in Russia are really low

Is there are clashing elements on the picture? What feels odd, 4 slot elements with rounded corners?

I m getting bored really fast and I just cant do stuff for too long. But i really want to make a game.

5 mistakes that indie devs should avoid making when trying to get press. Hopefully this helps some of you.
youtube.com/watch?v=RsGPNp_N_BU

I'm in Brazil, the price here is the same as the US only converted to our currency. RIP.

Recreate a game you really like then. If it's too complex make a minimalist or scaled-down version of it.

okay as it is right now... keep in mind that different shapes mean different things to players. show them a shape, and then put something inside of it, and it becomes a law. So if you take those squares on the top right and start throwing weapons in them, then users are going to know that weapons and probably items go in those kind of boxes. maybe you then have things that are more abstract in the boxes on the left, perhaps they're characters, or option menus and lists of spells. On the bottom left you have a similar style to the top right, so keep whatever you design within the same vein. So, if you have a big red box and a bunch of small red boxes, the small red boxes should be some kind of derivative of the big red box. So maybe big red box is all weapons, then small red box is swords vs axes vs bows.

then you're bottom right stuff is good too. Like the first text box looks like it should be used as a header for walking into new areas, where the bottom right box looks more like it should be used for meta stuff like "could not connect to network" or something like that.

It’s kinda hard to notice, but I changed the game’s physics a little bit. I think the controls are better now. Also changed these two levels.

I hope you're the piece of shit author of this clickbait trash, because otherwise you're retarded.

>t. entitled indie dev who thinks all journalists should suck his dick

Awful Game : Dead General

aww, that was my first tutorial

Thanks, really useful information, it will help me to design the overal structure of the UI

The problem is i need to start from the Begining because i have no clue how to programm and shit. I need to learn it, which makes it even more boring for me........ Thanks for the Tip

take it with a grain of salt but don't worry too much. Most of that kind of thing will come with user testing. There's a thing called fidelity testing which means depending on how refined something looks people are going to review it differently. If you showed us a system of just sketches, then I'd review it for functionality, if you show me something like you did all I can really say is what I assume it will be used for. They are pretty aesthetically pleasing though. if I had to say anything else, you could also interpret the boxes on the top right as "selected" versions of your boxes on the top left.

How do I have a game not framerate dependant but also won't have actions perform more quickly for faster processors? I'm still doing tutorials. So, sorry for sounding retarded.

Unfortunately the beginning is always boring and you'll have to create some throwaway games just to learn. It's pretty much the same as with other creative skills.

TODAY I WAKE UP! AND I ASK RNGESUS TO DECIDE MY FATE!

Post ending in
0-1 : Gamedev!
2-3 : Watch tv
4-5 : Shitpost on 4ch all day
6-7 : Play Endica VII
8 : Play Endica VII unironically
9 : Kill myself

Huh I thought substance designer was just for game textures, didn't occur to me that it could be used to make UI.

Are you an artist or can a programmer like me pick it up and learn how to make not shitte UI in a couple of days?

I'm a new dev too but look at time.deltaTime, i think it makes things based off seconds rather than framerate.

If your game isn't framerate dependent, then processor speed won't make it run faster.

That's the point.

Thanks for the answeres.

trying out the suggested player character changes, might still swap around a thing or two
also changed hud, new functionality to be added soon

rollan . pls 9

Just copy paste from tutorials like everyone does.

you are my hero and you have implemented screen shake perfectly thank you for being a god.

Say, for example, that I had a loop that moved a character 10 units with each loop. Wouldn't a faster processor do the loops quicker?

Just look for yourself - youtube.com/watch?v=Vd-ZxCLqaBU

It's a really powerful tool, lot's of tutorials, you can make a good looking texture day one.
I'm not an artist, I'm more a jack of all trades, master of none. Picrelated is my old user interface that I created from various photos, and I think it shows that it's not that great.

Post YFW debugging an error makes another one appear.

>blog
>YFW

too bad, looks like you have to make game

Which outline style do you guys like better?

This i.imgur.com/GkM3eg3.gifv or this i.imgur.com/LbuPaGc.gifv

Yeah exactly, that's an example of being framerate dependent.

Being framerate independent means moving the character (10 * deltaTime) with each loop. Delta time is the time it took to render the last frame.

So at 30fps, you move (10*0.03) per frame, and at 60fps, you move (10*0.016) per frame, which is half as fast.
But because you're running frames twice as quick, you move at the same speed in both instances.

Alternatively you can have a fixed time loop, which will always run at xFPS regardless of how fast the game is being rendered.

first one

Oh, and for UI, I recommend you to look at this video (previous video just shows the overall workflow)

youtube.com/watch?v=dSfIERQUm4I

This video shows how to work with shapes and how to construct different customshapes. After this tutorial I realised that it's possible to make UI in Designer

Thanks for explaining that, user.

why would i be joking?

>i.imgur.com/LbuPaGc.gifv
Second one by a long shot

suck my dick nerd

Working on the characters for my samurai game, could I get some feedback? Does the style/characters look ok?

Second one, the UI feels easier to read

I like the style

he's right you blazing faggot

It's a good style but the samurai looks like a faggot.

First one

second one is easy to read. Is it possible that it's too small though, do you find yourself even paying attention to your hud while playing?

>full house asian olsen twin don't give AF .gif

see

How much skill in art is required to be a proper indie dev?

The opposite of whatever half of the people posting their art have here.

There's roguelike tutorials?
That could have helped me a lot.
I started from scratch....to late now, I pretty much know what I'm doing.

Deep dive questions, horror dev:
•Did you submit your game to kotaku directly, and if so, through what process/channel?
•Did you personally want coverage from kotaku, and if so why(compared to other outlets)?
•Did they reach out to you prior to running this story to double-check any details or request further info on your progress and intentions? If so, which staff members were you in contact with?
•What was the turnaround time from submitting demo/making contact to this story running? Rough estimates, since you may not be involved in the entire process personally.
•Was kotaku your first choice, or are there any other outlets that you would also like or prefer coverage from?
•Do you now have a direct line of contact to staff for updating them of your progress, or are they even interested in further updates from you?
•Have you seen a marked increase in interest on your game on any of your social media accounts since the story ran?

thank you for feedbacks

t-thanks

holy shit man I would have never made it without tutorials. How do you go about doing simple item pick ups and stuff, is there a good place to learn how to store things?

It's a tutorial for Unity2D, and it's pretty basic, grid movement, turn based actions, enemy movement - and that's it - unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-roguelike-tutorial

I like this flight pattern. It is pleasing to watch.

like,, maybe 5, or 6. my dude

you're game oozes style. you are going to make it son. reminds me of my early nintendo games and early run and gun games for ps2 and stuff.

but shit like this:
looks awesome
and shit like this:
has a cute little charm to it
So, am I fucked beyond belief if I'm not that great at art?

industry professionals and game theoriests suggest around 45, but you need 66 if you want to make it in life.

NEW THREAD

Where can I grind art lvls?

wave: art lvls?